Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 452764 times)

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #250 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 15:41:15 »
I would just like the option of making a PM as read or unread. Or "NEW" like when they're fresh.

Or anything that would make a message stand out other than putting it in another folder with other messges that I don't know if I have read or checked.
Every email and PM thingy I have seen has this feature as the de facto standard. Sadly I'm just not enough of a savant to work this system the way it is designed.

I hate not being able to get back to people in the same volume and consistency that I feel is important. It just makes me really frustrated and sad.

If for some reason you happen to be in a particuarly generous mood and if for some reason I have not annoyed you then... pssst.... a proper folder system would be really nice too. Gmail actually has this. They also have labels BUT they are also quite visual.

Here is my more comprehensive list (some mentioned before)

1) read or unread option in PMs
2) Folders
3) favorites type thing
4) multi-quote button (unless I am missing something, but it's clunky and glitchy now)
5) Subscription/Notification folders this could essentially be a "favorites" type thing but imagine how easy it would be to reference or track information.

And ONE BIG THANK YOU for making the image upload and display way more intuitive and easy than it previously was after the big gh reboot. You guys are my hero for that one.

I'm trying to grok your other requests:

1) You are looking for a way to mark as unread or otherwise flag a PM, yes?

2) Folder for PMs?  Labels accomplish this in a Gmail-esque way.  If you want to filter labeled PMs from your Inbox, select "Remove the inbox label when applying another label" in your settings.  That pretty much gives you Gmail labels with "auto-archive"; a.k.a. folders.

3) Are you still talking about PMs here?  Users?  Posts?  Likes?  Favorites of what?

4) Done.

5) Related to #3.  Please explain.
Russ

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #251 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 15:44:05 »
cc, something like this?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #252 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 15:46:48 »
I would love it if there was a way I could send a mass PM to people (like to pay outstanding invoices) without having to individually enter and click on a drop down for every one.

It's not a big deal for 1 - 3, but when I'm trying to send a PM to 10+ people?  Time consuming and irritating to not be able to copy/pasta a text form.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #253 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 15:48:52 »
I would love it if there was a way I could send a mass PM to people (like to pay outstanding invoices) without having to individually enter and click on a drop down for every one.

It's not a big deal for 1 - 3, but when I'm trying to send a PM to 10+ people?  Time consuming and irritating to not be able to copy/pasta a text form.

A Check Names button, like in Outlook?

Offline clickclack

• * Maker
  • Board Chow EXTRAORDINAIRE
« Reply #254 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 18:12:49 »

1) read or unread option in PMs
2) Folders
3) favorites type thing
4) multi-quote button (unless I am missing something, but it's clunky and glitchy now)
5) Subscription/Notification folders this could essentially be a "favorites" type thing but imagine how easy it would be to reference or track information.

I'm trying to grok your other requests:
Thanks buddy!
I must be doing something right if I can pull that term outta ya.  =D

1) You are looking for a way to mark as unread or otherwise flag a PM, yes?
Essentially yes I think. It's a very basic and innate part of my workflow. I just can't seem to find a way around it.
I keep trying though, but it's at the core of how I organize.

2) Folder for PMs?  Labels accomplish this in a Gmail-esque way.  If you want to filter labeled PMs from your Inbox, select "Remove the inbox label when applying another label" in your settings.  That pretty much gives you Gmail labels with "auto-archive"; a.k.a. folders.
I tried that before and for some reason it didn't work for me (or work at the time idr). I have tried it again more recently and I can get it to mostly work (with the "remove inbox label" thing ticked). The problems I keep running into is how to delete or move an item from one area and not the other. Sadly I have lost countless messages because of this.

3) Are you still talking about PMs here?  Users?  Posts?  Likes?  Favorites of what?

Oops! Pay no mind to this one, upon reflection, just jump to #5. Unless it was a moment of clarity that I had then that I do not have now.

4) Done.
Thank you so much for this one. Even though it's true that I cannot get it to work I'm very happy you implemented it.

5) Related to #3.  Please explain.
Sure, and sorry about that.
Currently (and previously?) the notifications folder is just one really long list (well, if you have many). I thought it would be great to have a folder in your menue system for the notifications. Basically you can move your subscriptions around so you can readily find them and refer to them. Coincidently like the PM system now. I think the current pm system is a great platform for this. The Notifications "inbox" would be the sme as the notifications list is now. the Folders/labels would hold like/similar topics.

A specific example would be-
Say you're interested in all things Model M and you are subscribed to many model M threads (among other things). But you are looking for just a couple specific posts you kinda remember regarding some M info. It's a daunting task looking through all of your subscriptions to find it. But if you had an "M" folder then you have a good place to start or better yet, you may have already had a more specific M folder. And the best part is... wait for it... you still have the normal notifications list, so if anyone posts in it, it still shoots to the top!
This is basically like a favorites, but with additional benefits. LuLz, "favorites with benefits".  =P

I hope that helped, sadly though I know nothing about programing, so I may have just suggested the equivalent of trying to implement time travel.

Thanks again for listening guys, it's very much appreciated.  =)

862+ keyboards and counting!   R.I.P.ster          Vendor link ->Clack Factory

Offline The_Ed

• Asperger's... SQUIRREL! I'm Anal Retentive *****!
« Reply #255 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 21:28:48 »
A specific example would be-
Say you're interested in all things Model M and you are subscribed to many model M threads (among other things). But you are looking for just a couple specific posts you kinda remember regarding some M info. It's a daunting task looking through all of your subscriptions to find it. But if you had an "M" folder then you have a good place to start or better yet, you may have already had a more specific M folder. And the best part is... wait for it... you still have the normal notifications list, so if anyone posts in it, it still shoots to the top!
This is basically like a favorites, but with additional benefits. LuLz, "favorites with benefits".  =P

I really like this idea CC. I wonder if there'll be something like that when he implements this -> http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43404.0
Reaper "frelled" me... Twice... Did he "frell" you too?... *brohug*
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #256 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 21:53:36 »
i particularly like the tag (and further, the hashtag) model of organization of unstructured data. how would you guys feel about adding comments to your subscriptions and having the ability to put tags in those comments that could then be used to group your subscriptions together?

this would be in addition to a more generate hashtagging implementation in which basically every piece of content was mined for hashtags, which could be used to group, search, differentiate, etc.

what i see when i look at these requests is "let me structure my data more", and this can be done in a couple of ways. it can be done in a kind of ad-hoc way for each "class" of data object (eg, thread, post, private message, etc.) or it can be done uniformly, in which we just look at all of these things as big globs of text with a very simple mechanism and UI (the text itself!) that allows the creator to classify them.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline thurst0n

• Key-ping it real
« Reply #257 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 23:42:26 »
What about a blog section that doesn't add to your post count sorta like the new section area. But for anyone who just wants to muse, plan, vent, or whatever else blogs might be.

I"m not sure if this would take away from the quality posts elsewhere.. i don't think so but..just thinking outloud.
-- Ducky One TKL --

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #258 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 00:28:16 »
meh, that's already called off-topic, and i'm fine with it adding to post counts.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline thurst0n

• Key-ping it real
« Reply #259 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 23:37:50 »
meh, that's already called off-topic, and i'm fine with it adding to post counts.
Ok fair enough.

Am I just dumb or is there a way to show more posts per page? Personally I hate going to the next page. I'd set posts per page to infinity if I could... but 50 or 100 would be a nice compromise. Perhaps you don't do this due to server constraints? I really have no idea but personally I'd set it as high as I could. Not a big deal. I'm just thinking outloud again.

I hope I just can't find it and it's here somewhere already :-)
-- Ducky One TKL --

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #260 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 13:35:28 »
It took you longer to write that post than it would to have looked it the settings... Hint - It's under "Look and Layout"...
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #261 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 13:38:12 »
Oh wellz. :) Noobs be noobs, and there's nothing wrong with ignorance. :)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #262 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 14:13:19 »
important thread flag

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #263 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 14:58:50 »

Yes there is. He asked for a new feature before looking to see if it already existed. That's like the people on Tom's Hardware asking for the drivers for motherboard XXX before googling it (and seeing that it's on the first page of results). Other people shouldn't have to point you to everything, especially when it takes less time to find it yourself than to make a post.

/rant

Maybe I'm just a bit cranky right now...
R.I.P.ster

Offline thurst0n

• Key-ping it real
« Reply #264 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 12:05:45 »

Yes there is. He asked for a new feature before looking to see if it already existed. That's like the people on Tom's Hardware asking for the drivers for motherboard XXX before googling it (and seeing that it's on the first page of results). Other people shouldn't have to point you to everything, especially when it takes less time to find it yourself than to make a post.

/rant

Maybe I'm just a bit cranky right now...
Sorry man, it's okay if you're cranky, I should have looked harder.... I don't think it's the same as I did try to find it. I looked under account settings, and forum profile. I didn't realize once you're in the profile that "modify profile" was it's own link which opens up further menus. I thought I was in the "modify profile" section as it was giving me some options. When I simply mouse over profile in the main menu. Look and layout isn't an option. I should have gone deeper but please don't pretend like I didn't try at all. Of course I would google a question before blindly asking it, I am in no way like those people on tomshardware.
I am indeed a noob. Sometimes quite ignorant.

It took you longer to write that post than it would to have looked it the settings... Hint - It's under "Look and Layout"...
I did look in the settings. Evidently I am not smart enough to find it on my own. It took me about 60 seconds to write the post. I looked in the most obvious places where I thought it would be. Aka Forum Profile/Account Settings. I'm not sure why this modify profile drop down has seemingly redundant options. In fact, the only non-redundant options are 'look and layout' and 'buddies/ignore list' - these 2 can only be accessed from this internal menu. All the rest are either hard-coded into the top main menu or are available from the 'profile' drop down off of the main menu.

The statement "Am I just dumb or.." was my way of saying, I cannot find this. I even went on to say "I'm hoping it's here and I just can't find it"

Blah I don't know why I'm defending myself, it doesn't even mater. Sorry to annoy you; thanks for the tip. I found it now.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 May 2013, 12:14:17 by thurst0n »
-- Ducky One TKL --

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
« Reply #265 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 12:15:16 »
I did look in the settings. Evidently I am not smart enough to find it on my own. It took me about 60 seconds to write the post. I looked in the most obvious places where I thought it would be. Aka Forum Profile/Account Settings.

The statement "Am I just dumb or.." was my way of saying, I cannot find this. I even went on to say "I'm hoping it's here and I just can't find it"

Blah I don't know why I'm defending myself, it doesn't even mater. Sorry to annoy you; thanks for the tip. I found it now.

Don't worry about it.  If you don't have side menus turned on, the way the menus are set up in the settings pages is not coherent, it's easy to miss things.

Even if you went and looked at the help pages, the few sentences about limiting items per page is have no bold summary, like ever other setting shown there, so it too is easy to miss.

Some people just like being grumpy.

Daily driver: SSK or Tenkeyless IBM AT
1984 Model M Industrial Prototype ⌨ 1992 Black Oval Industrial SSK ⌨ 1982 5251 Beam Spring ⌨ 89 Key "SSK" ⌨ M13 triplets

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #266 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 12:23:20 »
What happened to the picture of my logo at the top of the screen ?  :eek: I feel empty inside :(
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #267 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 12:27:44 »
What happened to the picture of my logo at the top of the screen ?  :eek: I feel empty inside :(

Did you click the arrow to hide it?

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #268 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 12:29:18 »

Did you click the arrow to hide it?

Oh Sh!t :P
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #269 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 12:42:12 »
thurst0n - You have to click modify profile to see look and layout? So you don't have this menu on the left when you click on your avatar?

Code: [Select]
Profile Info
Summary
Show Stats
Show Posts
Modify Profile
Account Settings
Forum Profile
Look and Layout
Notifications
Personal Messaging
Buddies/Ignore List

I figured out what you did, click on the to change to this menu.
R.I.P.ster

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #270 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 12:51:07 »
Speaking of, those settings could be a little easier to get to. Maybe when you hover over Profile, change Account Settings to Settings, then allow to hover over that and have a list of the different settings options there?

Also, could All Unread Topics be added as a drop down to Unread?

Offline thurst0n

• Key-ping it real
« Reply #271 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 12:56:57 »
thurst0n - You have to click modify profile to see look and layout? So you don't have this menu on the left when you click on your avatar?

Code: [Select]
Profile Info
Summary
Show Stats
Show Posts
Modify Profile
Account Settings
Forum Profile
Look and Layout
Notifications
Personal Messaging
Buddies/Ignore List

I figured out what you did, click on the
Show Image
to change to this menu.
Not before but now I do! Thank you.

I am quite sure I never clicked that before but I have been wrong many times in my life. Do we know is it default to hidden?

I knew about the one at the top of the site which Tym was confused on.

These are very nice settings if you know about them  ;D
-- Ducky One TKL --

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #272 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 12:59:44 »
The profile settings layout is, in many ways, non-intuitive.
Russ

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #273 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 13:02:33 »

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #274 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 13:05:41 »
There should be a new user wiki that links to all this ****. That way I could use Ripster's old line - RTFW (Read The ****ing Wiki).
R.I.P.ster

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #275 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 13:08:17 »
We are always looking for Wiki contributers.
Russ

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
« Reply #276 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 13:12:43 »

Next time before jumping on someone for not being able to find something, perhaps you might remember that the side menu is not on by default for new users.
1984 Model M Industrial Prototype ⌨ 1992 Black Oval Industrial SSK ⌨ 1982 5251 Beam Spring ⌨ 89 Key "SSK" ⌨ M13 triplets

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
« Reply #277 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 13:13:41 »

Greystoke, are you aware you've posted only blank posts since you did your "no images" change?

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #278 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 13:18:19 »

Next time before jumping on someone for not being able to find something, perhaps you might remember that the side menu is not on by default for new users.

It was on for me, but my account is Pre-R00TW0RM if that makes a difference.

I gave you free range to use some of my pics as I don't have a wiki account -> http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=38922.msg870839#msg870839
R.I.P.ster

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #279 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 13:22:36 »

I gave you free range to use some of my pics as I don't have a wiki account -> http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=38922.msg870839#msg870839

If you want to be a Wiki contributer, just ask.
Russ

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #280 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 13:24:29 »
* SmallFry makes The_Ed a wiki account and posts a large Deathly Hallows insignia to his Wiki Page.

Offline Mandolin

• Crystal Connoisseur
  • * Maker
« Reply #281 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 13:26:17 »
I'd want some stars or icon (caps?) under the avatar to show one awesomeness and/or another mini avatar to be part of a team/clan with its logo :)
Artisan keycap Maker
Working on
More
- Custom keycaps
- Artkeycaps V2 sale
- Due chihuahua and demoncat orders
- Boobiecaps
- Optic fiber embedded keycaps
- Others

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #282 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 13:38:48 »
* SmallFry makes The_Ed a wiki account and posts a large Deathly Hallows insignia to his Wiki Page.

It took me a few hours in gimp... (Yeah... I still don't really know how to use gimp, but whenever I need a different sized avatar I can make it from the source file. Which means I'm not totally incompetent...)

It is a symbol that I made MANY years ago (except that the avatar version is missing the infinity symbol underneath. With how small avatars are often limited to I figured it would be best to just chop that off.) I still remember when 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' came out... The symbol for the deathly hallows was very similar... Though I suppose there were quite a few other's that were similar long before then, I never really noticed until after deathly hallows came out...

Mine
Show Image
Deathly Hallows
Show Image

(Imagine the infinity symbol here)

It's NOT the ****ing deathly hallows!
R.I.P.ster

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #283 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 13:42:18 »

It took me a few hours in gimp... (Yeah... I still don't really know how to use gimp, but whenever I need a different sized avatar I can make it from the source file. Which means I'm not totally incompetent...)

It is a symbol that I made MANY years ago (except that the avatar version is missing the infinity symbol underneath. With how small avatars are often limited to I figured it would be best to just chop that off.) I still remember when 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' came out... The symbol for the deathly hallows was very similar... Though I suppose there were quite a few other's that were similar long before then, I never really noticed until after deathly hallows came out...

Mine
Show Image
Deathly Hallows
Show Image

I think a better response would've been:

* SmallFry spams another spam post.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #284 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 13:43:22 »

Mine
Show Image
Deathly Hallows
Show Image

I think a better response would've been:

* SmallFry spams another spam post.
Oh well. I thought it was the Deathly Hallows, my bad.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #285 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 13:44:29 »
I'd want some stars or icon (caps?) under the avatar to show one awesomeness and/or another mini avatar to be part of a team/clan with its logo :)

That sounds like the badges someone else was asking for...

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #286 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 13:54:04 »

If you want to be a Wiki contributer, just ask.

I guess... But I really wouldn't be contributing much. I don't really take pictures while I'm doing my mods. And it would be a pain in the ass to write all the painstaking extra (perfectionist) steps I do with everything...

I wonder if there could be a page of GH advice... Ah, I'm too lazy to look them all up...

The_Ed - Remember kids, don't put EK MechLube inside your switches. Trust me on that one...
redpill - PING! - R.I.P. Filco MajesFoam-2...
...etc.

That sounds like the badges someone else was asking for...

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges.
R.I.P.ster

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #287 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 14:13:15 »
The Spy button has moved? Or did I do that somehow? (I don't like it :()

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #288 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 14:25:50 »
The Spy button has moved? Or did I do that somehow? (I don't like it :()
Back to normal >.>

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #289 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 10:06:19 »
Can the mobile forum browsing app "Forumrunner" be made available? I believe it's free for the forum to activate and it's offered as paid and unpaid versions in iPhone/Android app stores. That would provide another option for members in addition to Tapatalk.

I use it for another forum and it's a breeze.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #290 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 20:47:28 »
Can the mobile forum browsing app "Forumrunner" be made available? I believe it's free for the forum to activate and it's offered as paid and unpaid versions in iPhone/Android app stores. That would provide another option for members in addition to Tapatalk.

I use it for another forum and it's a breeze.

Last I recall (late last year) they didn't have support for SMF.  Did that change?

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #291 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 20:50:57 »
http://www.forumrunner.net/
Doesn't seem like it, sadly.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #292 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 18:07:45 »
Can we get rid of the 'Your last post was less than 40 seconds ago' error message or make it less like 20 seconds or something? I am tired of seeing this because I read and type quickly.

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #293 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 23:58:12 »
I have never even seen that error message once...
R.I.P.ster

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #294 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 00:33:21 »
I have seen it today for the first time.

Not a big deal for me, I don't post that quickly.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #295 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 11:48:18 »
Can we get rid of the 'Your last post was less than 40 seconds ago' error message or make it less like 20 seconds or something? I am tired of seeing this because I read and type quickly.

I'm also seeing this when sending back to back PM's

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #296 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 22:03:31 »
Now I've seen it a couple more times, like when I was quickly scanning topics and throwing out a couple of quick posts before going to work.

That was annoying.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #297 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 22:07:58 »
I try to read over what I've just typed at least once to make sure it's sensical. (Sometimes what I type is, well, yeah... So it's good to double check.)
R.I.P.ster

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #298 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 22:22:45 »
I usually proof-read mine too, but sometimes I just want to get out a few quick responses, and especially with the way I browse the forums I might send 2 or 3 posts in the space of less than a minute.

Reducing it to maybe 30 seconds would be a bit better.

But I can understand the point in having the delay in the first place.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #299 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 21:45:29 »
If possible, please reduce the time interval to last PM sent. I understand it's to prevent spamming. But sometimes when I haven't logged in for a whole day or more, I have to answer PMs quicker and that time interval limitation is quite annoying.