geekhack Community > KotM Archive

Keyboard of the Month - April - Vote

<< < (5/6) > >>

nmur:

--- Quote from: katushkin on Mon, 18 May 2020, 02:18:27 ---
--- Quote from: nmur on Fri, 15 May 2020, 13:03:34 ---I don't think 28 people is a good sample set of the hobby anyway

--- End quote ---

I agree.

Sadly for whatever reason we only get a maximum of 0.1% of the overall traffic of the forum to vote in this competition, meaning it isn't a true reflection of the opinion of the hobby.

Be that for the better or for the worse, more people voting would mean a more conclusive result, but unfortunately over the last 3 years of doing this we have had numbers drop rather than increase.

To go back to the board, I think without the story right there with the pictures, people wouldn't know how difficult it is to get all the parts together in one place in order to build such a board. I certainly didn't.

--- End quote ---

I love KOTM, but really only remember it when it happens to appear in Spy, which isn't very often.

If it had the placement that the old >>>DEALS<<< button had, or a banner, it would get a lot more votes.

funderburker:

--- Quote from: nmur on Mon, 18 May 2020, 10:36:31 ---
--- Quote from: katushkin on Mon, 18 May 2020, 02:18:27 ---
--- Quote from: nmur on Fri, 15 May 2020, 13:03:34 ---I don't think 28 people is a good sample set of the hobby anyway

--- End quote ---

I agree.

Sadly for whatever reason we only get a maximum of 0.1% of the overall traffic of the forum to vote in this competition, meaning it isn't a true reflection of the opinion of the hobby.

Be that for the better or for the worse, more people voting would mean a more conclusive result, but unfortunately over the last 3 years of doing this we have had numbers drop rather than increase.

To go back to the board, I think without the story right there with the pictures, people wouldn't know how difficult it is to get all the parts together in one place in order to build such a board. I certainly didn't.

--- End quote ---

I love KOTM, but really only remember it when it happens to appear in Spy, which isn't very often.

If it had the placement that the old >>>DEALS<<< button had, or a banner, it would get a lot more votes.

--- End quote ---

This has taken a bit off-topic road but I do agree - Placement on main menu would be great. DROP MAKE THAT HAPPEN

katushkin:
I vaguely remember a brief conversation when we first started about it appearing somewhere on the front page but it went no further than that.

I think I hoped that because it was under the "keyboards" stub people would see it as much as they did anything else and would come in, but there we go.

suicidal_orange:

--- Quote from: nmur on Mon, 18 May 2020, 10:36:31 ---I love KOTM, but really only remember it when it happens to appear in Spy, which isn't very often.

--- End quote ---
That's why I try to have a discussion about something vaguely related in the thread, but there are too many IC/GB threads so it doesn''t hang around long enough.

Just had a look at what SMF has and there's a "recent poll" function and we don't have many polls.  I wonder how it works...

richfiles:
CRUD!!! I was busy, I forgot to vote!!! And I would have been a tiebreaker!  :eek:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version