Author Topic: [IC]OCKC doubleshot 86 key set  (Read 105055 times)

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
Re: [IC]OCKC doubleshot 86 key set
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 17:00:56 »
it's perfect if we can wait a cherry lengend font :D

(Attachment Link)
That mock gave me a geek boner.
I hope you aren't M and C didn't get switched in real life.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #151 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 17:04:38 »
the set ovoxo linked is one that is going to be offered in a special limited edition geekhack fundraising pack. i have made exactly 4 keys per set, and i would like those keys to be a 100% limited edition, never run again. as long as you can obey those two rules, i'm absolutely fine with this IC/GB

Completely. I wasn't aware it was a special fundraiser, so I do apologize.

With that folks, inverted "G","H", and mods are out of the question for this group buy. I'm all for considering things, but these won't be happening.

What about a orange/white base replacement set like the lightpink replacement set that the valentine GB had. Sorry to be difficult but I really really want the orange and white =D.

I understand your discontent, but something like that probably won't happen in this GB. Having the Alpha keys orange on white with the mods charcoal on orange doesn't seem appealing to me, and to have the entire set strictly orange on white would be making an entirely new set. With Jil's, only the mod base colour was changed. The legends on both the alpha and mods stayed the same colours.

That's not to say that I won't consider doing a GB in the future for orange and white, it just won't happen this time around.

Hey guys!

This IC made me write my first post  ;)

I am very new to mechanical keyboards and in the short time that I have been reading posts and stuff on geekhack yet make me really looking forward in participating here.
Since my first tenkeyless leopold will arrive soonTM, some OCKC doubleshots would be matching pretty nicely to it. Call me interested!

Cheers! So you know, the spacebar from this set won't fit on the Leopold as they use a non-standard sized spacebar if I recall correctly. Just giving you a heads up!

To everyone who has interest, feel free to make suggestions. So long as it's within reason I'm cool with making possible adjustments.

I still haven't received any feedback on legends, so if there's a specific set of legends that you know SP can use, drop a line and discuss!

For instance, danielucf made the suggestion to borrow the DDR legends from oilermaker for the arrows (ONLY if you're okay with it mate). Anyone have any ideas or interest in that?
I don't like the DDR arrows, but the space bar will fit a Leopold tenkeyless, it is only the FC700's and FC500's that don't fit. If he ordered a FC200 then they should fit just fine! I suggest we use WYSE font, and Cherry profile. Do you think we should run this through you, or MassDrop, or I would love to run/co-run a group buy as well. Up to you good sir!

Offline DarkShot

• Professional Procrastinator
« Reply #152 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 17:29:24 »
I don't like the DDR arrows, but the space bar will fit a Leopold tenkeyless, it is only the FC700's and FC500's that don't fit. If he ordered a FC200 then they should fit just fine! I suggest we use WYSE font, and Cherry profile. Do you think we should run this through you, or MassDrop, or I would love to run/co-run a group buy as well. Up to you good sir!

My mistake then! Pardon me.

As for the GB itself, I was intending on co-running it with TheProfosist. Should he choose not to, would like you to stand in his stead, or you talk to him and whatnot that's entirely up to yous. The important thing for this would be to have someone known on these forums in the US to co-run it with as with my being in Canadaland, shipping would be atrocious.

SP's WYSE font was going to be the intended font [as there really isn't any other choice], the profile I hadn't considered. I messaged 7bit to see if he has any issues with using his legends for this set. They're rather appealing and people like 'em.

Anyone have any preference for either OEM or Cherry profile?

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #153 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 17:43:50 »
I almost jumped to say cherry right away, but after thinking about it I don't think anyone does OEM sets so it might be cool and different to do an OEM set. I'll probably be the minority though.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #154 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 17:49:34 »
We're still talking about DDR arrows?!?!?!?!?
Keyboardless

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #155 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 17:53:55 »
I almost jumped to say cherry right away, but after thinking about it I don't think anyone does OEM sets so it might be cool and different to do an OEM set. I'll probably be the minority though.

I'm running under the assumption that SP does OEM profile. I don't mind either or. I've only ever used OEM profile so I wouldn't mind trying Cherry.

If there's a reasonable amount of interest in them, absolutely.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #156 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 17:59:13 »
Then you my friend will have the longest IC in all of GH

You have to understand that people will always suggest things, like text modifiers or symbols as modifiers? front print for print screen and Pause key? Grey legend instead of white for the modifiers, Now DDR arrows? What I am trying to say is there is endless ways to modify the set but this DDR arrows seems retarded to me, maybe its just me

I know some ideas are awesome and all but if you listen to them all the GB will never happen because you're all still talking about how you want the set and there is NO way for EVERYONE to get what they way, just how GBs are

Generic people might not love but people will be fine with it, when you have stuff like DDR arrows, people honestly dislike it, that's the difference between generic and something out of the ordinary hence why the DDR arrow GB only got into the 100 set tier mark
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 October 2012, 18:12:00 by tsangan »
Keyboardless

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #157 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 18:07:34 »
lol ddr arrows for this set. sorry, but lol :)

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #158 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 18:16:12 »
I do understand, don't get me wrong.

There are a couple things I've said I won't do already, and there will probably be others coming as well that I don't agree with and won't do. I don't find them appealing, a couple others have voiced their opinions as well expressing similar views. I figured that I'd make mention of it as it was something suggested.

I won't do everything as everything is impossible and I realize that. I understood that aspect, however I do appreciate your voicing that part.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #159 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 18:23:23 »

I'll have Cherry, please.

Also, I've lost track of the color of the ten-key pad.  At this point in the thread is it orange on charcoal?
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #160 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 18:27:31 »

I'll have Cherry, please.

Also, I've lost track of the color of the ten-key pad.  At this point in the thread is it orange on charcoal?

Yes, Orange and Charcoal. There will be no white in this set.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #161 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 18:36:04 »
I can talk to da Professor. I'd love to run, but I don't want to get in your way. :)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #162 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 18:49:47 »
Yes, Orange and Charcoal. There will be no white in this set.

Beautiful...... Keep it real simple otherwise as the professionals have already mentioned, it would drag on like a kardashian wedding.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
[IC]OCKC doubleshot 86 key set
« Reply #163 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 18:51:38 »
since when was there a choice for Cherry profile? I thought this was done by SP
Keyboardless

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #164 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 19:10:32 »
I haven't messaged them regarding profile. I couldn't recall if they did only the 1 profile they do or others.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #165 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 19:15:59 »
Hey OP, are you having SP ship to you? Where are you located in Canada?

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #166 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 19:18:31 »

VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #167 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 19:22:47 »
How about Tri-force F keys and Portal Numkeys?

JK - DDR would be a no vote from me - I loled

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #168 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 19:26:22 »

Please not Canada.....Shipping from there will be the absolute MOST expensive on this PLANET.

You must have a US compatriot willing to ship from ground zero, unless SP has another branch in Montreal?

And if you only will ship from Canada then you might need to exclude all "non-americans" from this Group Buy, the paperwork alone for Canadian Customs to ship anything overseas is truly horrendous.
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 October 2012, 19:29:45 by Elrick »

Offline elton5354

« Reply #169 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 19:29:14 »
Not really. I just shipped a set of keys to rayuki who's from Australia and by air it was 10$ for a small parcel box.

Guess it depends what the guys charge.

Edit: well that exclude purchasing the box so probably around 12
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 October 2012, 19:32:45 by elton5354 »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #170 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 19:33:02 »
Not really. I just shipped a set of keys to rayuki who's from Australia and by air it was 10$ for a small parcel box.

Guess it depends what the guys charge.

Can you say by which shipper you used to send that parcel?  Also don't forget when a few dozen packages get sent by one individual would that create a new kind of hell for them?

Just wondering if you insist on sending everything via Canadian Post or DHL or another private service.

I tried buying a G80-1800 keyboard from someone in Canada and I was happy to pay $320.00USD but they came back to me and said I need to pay more for shipping which would be around $210.00USD.  So you now know my reason as to why I think that shipping out of Canada could be a BIG mistake.
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 October 2012, 19:38:48 by Elrick »

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #171 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 19:34:58 »

Please not Canada.....Shipping from there will be the absolute MOST expensive on this PLANET.

You must have a US compatriot willing to ship from ground zero, unless SP has another branch in Montreal?

And if you only will ship from Canada then you might need to exclude all "non-americans" from this Group Buy, the paperwork alone for Canadian Customs to ship anything overseas is truly horrendous.

It'll be co-run with someone in the US. It was pointed out a few posts above, and was the intended action before I even opened the thread.

What, don't want the numberpad to be shaped as one entire awesome face? :P

Nah, I get it. I didn't care for the idea either way.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #172 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 19:36:18 »
Canada Post.

Yeah definitely but that doesn't exclude Americans from having that hell. And the Americans are charging 16$ to ship a small parcel box to us.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #173 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 19:37:34 »

It'll be co-run with someone in the US. It was pointed out a few posts above, and was the intended action before I even opened the thread.

Oh okay. I missed it somehow.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #174 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 19:44:29 »
I've got nothing against Canada, it's a brilliant place to live and work.  But I've always had 'not good' experiences with buying anything big/large and trying to have it shipped to my place here in 'Crap-town', Australia.  :p

« Last Edit: Fri, 05 October 2012, 19:46:20 by Elrick »

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #175 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 19:46:47 »
I've got nothing against Canada, it's a brilliant place to live and work.  But I've always had not good experiences with buying anything big/large and trying to have it shipped to my place here in 'Crap-town', Australia.  :p

Canada's international shipping is horrid. I won't deny the fact, as other Canadians won't.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #176 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 19:49:31 »
And everything is doubled the price here in Canada compared to USA.

Offline fl0w3n

« Reply #177 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 21:26:00 »
So when do these ship out :p

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #178 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 21:26:59 »
Never mind about running with you, I'm going to run a RGB-Y kit group buy. :)

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #179 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 22:13:36 »
As someone who is already in, I completely agree with the desire to stay generic to avoid endless design requests and make the keycaps arrive sooner.

And it seems the modifier keys are not yet decided (correct me if I am mistaken), and at least some of the potential buyers won't be using Windows.

So in the context of tossing something out there that might be sort of muti-lateral (ecumenical?), I mocked up a set of modifiers that would work for Linux, Mac and Windows users.

Without any religious intent, i used the Linux convention of calling the "Corporate Logo Key" the Super key.  "Geek" and "Hack" or anything else would be a-ok as well.

[Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_key_(keyboard_button) ]

Please use, abuse or ignore as appropriate.

I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline fl0w3n

« Reply #180 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 22:52:40 »
I've never ran a GB before, but I'm eager and willing...and in the U.S.

PM me if you want to discuss doing anything as far as helping you. 

Offline MMB

« Reply #181 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 22:55:36 »
As someone who is already in, I completely agree with the desire to stay generic to avoid endless design requests and make the keycaps arrive sooner.

And it seems the modifier keys are not yet decided (correct me if I am mistaken), and at least some of the potential buyers won't be using Windows.

So in the context of tossing something out there that might be sort of muti-lateral (ecumenical?), I mocked up a set of modifiers that would work for Linux, Mac and Windows users.

Without any religious intent, i used the Linux convention of calling the "Corporate Logo Key" the Super key.  "Geek" and "Hack" or anything else would be a-ok as well.

[Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_key_(keyboard_button) ]

Please use, abuse or ignore as appropriate.

If he adds a tsangan kit, this entire issue is non-existent.

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #182 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 23:15:09 »

Not everyone has a godly keyboard that can handle the badassery of a tsangan kit.

Unfortunately.

Offline MMB

« Reply #183 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 23:29:01 »

Not everyone has a godly keyboard that can handle the badassery of a tsangan kit.

Unfortunately.

True, but you could still use the 1x keys from the tsangan in the base kit for that.

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #184 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 00:15:02 »
This is acctually the best looking set ive seen so far. 

Offline Cobertt

• Control on Caps
« Reply #185 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 01:19:54 »
definitely interested in this :)
HHKB Pro2 | Mira SE | FJELL | KARA HAZE | CW88 FNF WKL Wine | HHKB Prophet | Tengu | Prototype CW60 HHKB Skunkworxxx | Prototype K80 | Tokyo60 | Gingko65Midway LEKei | Frog TKL | Saturn60

Offline NikoGasm

• Platinum mad.
    • Twitch
« Reply #186 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 05:39:23 »
This looks incredible. Definitely count me as interested. I absolutely adore the charcoal/orange setup you have going there. The Geek and Hack keys are lovely as well, nice touch.
| MX Mini | Ducky DK1087 | A87 |

Offline noobandroid

« Reply #187 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 06:12:52 »
i have 3 interested people on my list now, once it gets going into sales, i will hand in the order for at least 3 person
HHKB

Offline HRS2K

• I love Blue!
« Reply #188 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 16:34:49 »
Put this guy down for a set :)
KBC Poker (Blacks), CM Storm QuickFire Rapid (Blues), Leopold FC200RC (Blues)

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #189 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 16:38:50 »
Thought I posted this already but i dont see it anywhere... i have been talking to DarkShot and will be helping him out with this groupbuy.

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #190 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 17:28:26 »
looks good.....add another to the list

base, mod, num add on, tsangan
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline aznsilvrboy

« Reply #191 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 19:45:31 »
Where are you located in Canada? Will you allow local pickup?

Offline elton5354

« Reply #192 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 20:05:48 »

Offline Atlas

« Reply #193 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 20:10:48 »
I'm in for a base, num pad, and tsangan

Offline Aleris

« Reply #194 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 20:33:50 »
definitely interested in them

Offline Sinzz

« Reply #195 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 21:28:50 »
INTERESTED! especially with the GH add-ons though I'll need to figure out a way for it to fit on my KeyCool84 since it has a few different modifiers... would there be some way to do that perhaps?
Keycool 84 MX Blue | Pure Pro | HHKB Pro 2

Offline Marclgw

• * Vendor
« Reply #196 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 21:46:52 »
Will be good if there is a list of interested parties so we know what are the chances for this to be an extremely "GO" group buy. Just my 2cents

Offline SelektaM

« Reply #197 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 21:58:09 »

That's great news, thanks! I allredy was pretty sad, that the spacebar would not fit. I indeed ordered a FC200; I am glad the issue does not exist with that model:)

KBT Pure MX Red | Ducky DK9008 G2 Pro Hyprid Linear |  Ducky DK 9087 YotD MX Brown | Realforce 88U | Ducky DK9087 Shine II MX Blue | Leopold FC200R modded (MX Grey/Black/Red) | Filco MT II MX Brown

Offline Xerobasix

« Reply #198 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 22:36:48 »
Is there any official word on how long until the cherry replica font is unveiled and made ready for use?
CM Quickfire Rapid - Brown | Blue | Red

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #199 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 22:42:07 »
No, but it's been discussed earlier in the thread that the expected availability would be sometime after the new year as the prototypes have yet to be finished and there's still an exclusive GB to run with it first.