Author Topic: [IC] Geekhack Hooded Apparel (prev. Letterman Hoodie)  (Read 15093 times)

Offline Rayne

• For Science!
Re: [IC] Geekhack Hooded Apparel (prev. Letterman Hoodie)
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 16:20:31 »
I Filled the form.
I would really only be interested if it ends up as  zip-up hoodie and/or t-shirt tho

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 16:26:08 »
I'd be interested in a t-shirt.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 16:27:22 »
I Filled the form.
I would really only be interested if it ends up as  zip-up hoodie and/or t-shirt tho

Sounds good man.  There are going to be more steps to this than the initial form.  Thanks for your interest in choosing colors/logo options

I'd be interested in a t-shirt.

Maybe a round 2 then. :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 May 2013, 16:28:55 by Binge »
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 16:28:19 »
I think if anything, a shirt should be round one. It's summer-time!

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 16:30:34 »
I think if anything, a shirt should be round one. It's summer-time!

No timeframe for completion yet. :(

Also tbh I would first offer a polo option before a t-shirt.

« Last Edit: Mon, 06 May 2013, 16:34:09 by Binge »

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 18:12:43 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 May 2013, 18:44:38 by keymaster »

Offline missalaire

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 18:28:19 »
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 18:28:43 »
I'd double tap that.

Offline keymaster

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 18:30:54 »
Added another for those more daring

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 18:40:02 »
OP has lost control, Iron fist needed now theres 40 different things people want. I thought the letterman was cool the rest of this stuff can be ordered on cafe press or american apparel really cheap.
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 18:43:36 »
Show Image

no no no no no no no no 

no

jesus, NO.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline keymaster

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 18:45:27 »
Show Image

no no no no no no no no 

no

jesus, NO.

usure? May I interest you in an ultra-rare, limited edition $250 t-shirt?

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 18:56:21 »
OP has lost control, Iron fist needed now theres 40 different things people want. I thought the letterman was cool the rest of this stuff can be ordered on cafe press or american apparel really cheap.

I agree. Lettermen styled hoodie. black with orange sleeves. big GH on the chest. That's the best solution here.

Offline missalaire

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 20:32:02 »

Poll imo.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 20:35:43 »
I agree. Lettermen styled hoodie. black with orange sleeves. big GH on the chest. That's the best solution here.

Black Body with Burnt Orange Arms.  Zip up is easy but I'll buy a button up if that's only offered.

Be careful about placing the GH Logo, you can put it on the back really large but on the front best have the text "Geekhack.org" on the Left side chest - pocket area.

I'll buy 2 (TWO) if you can can get them made in the USA, on quality American Cotton material.  Please no Cheapo "Made In China Brands" (we have heaps of those here in Australia anyway).

Besides I've heard you guys (Americans) still have a cotton manufacturing industry in the US, is that still true now?
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 May 2013, 20:40:39 by Elrick »

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 20:50:14 »

Poll imo.

bawhawhawhaw, this isn't so bad :} I've got some ideas, and this will progress in a linear fashion. 

Without a supplier we won't be getting ANYTHING, so first we have to know who to inquire about specific fashions which includes the final art. 

At the moment I've found one shop that I think will do what we want, but I haven't ruled out the possibility of doing the screen printing by hand, or getting something even more cool done.

This thread will have rounds of forms and not polls.  You fill them out once and correct your response if you need, the opinions will be tallied, and reality will be figured with all of the wants people have.  We will have product mockup(s), prices, and dates!  Feel free to discuss different options and things.  I'll compile a list of questions to bring to various professionals!  This will give us ammo for more awesome goodies :) 

In the meantime enjoy that discussion, but please don't discount the wants of another as disruptive.  People will be heard but trying to derail/take over/change the original mission will not happen. 

If people need to be reminded this started out as a IC for letterman hoodies, and the only reason a bit of the vision changed was because I want to actually see something happen!  It was always about getting some high quality Geekhack outerwear for me. 
A letterman jacket is still top of the list in my book, and it will still be offered FIRST as the option.  Other hooded options will be considered for the sake of a successful project. 

tl;dr? Be assured OP is reading every post, but I don't tolerate backtracking from myself when the original idea was a damned good one.

* Binge turns the wheels.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 21:23:05 »

It was always about getting some high quality Geekhack outerwear for me. 

You bet, I would like some too.  I'll start with just 2 purchases but can go up to maybe 4 or 6 depending upon final design.

Please make it available to us foreigners as well.  Shipping/Customs seems to be the biggest hurdle here for anyone wanting to Sell anything to us (Aussie-convicts).

Let's hope it gets made this year sometime  ;D .
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 May 2013, 21:27:19 by Elrick »

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 00:27:57 »
Diggin' the black and orange SportCo hoodie you added to the op.  That with the geekhack.org key logo across the front would be awesome. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 11:00:05 »
Binge, PM me with your email address -- I'll send out vectorized artwork to you and Bunnylake tonight when I get home.

Just so people know (who don't know already) the vectorized artwork allows you to scale up the graphic losslessly, so whichever vendor you work with should be able to make the logo the correct size for whatever it is you're doing.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 11:21:30 »
E-mail address sent!  Thank you so much hopefully we'll get some mockups done soon.

21379-0

Above are the current stats.  Looks like black/darkgray/charcoal (we'll figure it out) with orange as a secondary color.  I will also be inquiring about personalized options and costs!
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:07:58 by Binge »

Offline pgeiger

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 19:15:01 »
Yep - finally a hoodie I can wear that screams "I am as dorky as you always thought" +1.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 13:07:30 »
* SmallFry pokes Binge. Any news?

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 24 May 2013, 13:31:57 »
Not really SF, no lack of motivation despite the lack-luster interest for this. 

Regardless I guess I'll have to pull my head out of my arse and get to werkin :(