geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

[Old] Keepers of the Faith Mission Statement - GH Wiki

<< < (4/28) > >>

metalliqaz:
There should be a wiki page for every single keyboard.  Every one we know about.  Current models, customs, vintage, etc.  Seriously, it wouldn't be that hard.  A hackathon would probably be needed to get it started, but I see no reason why that shouldn't happen.

rowdy:

--- Quote from: metalliqaz on Thu, 10 October 2013, 23:00:00 ---There should be a wiki page for every single keyboard.  Every one we know about.  Current models, customs, vintage, etc.  Seriously, it wouldn't be that hard.  A hackathon would probably be needed to get it started, but I see no reason why that shouldn't happen.

--- End quote ---

The main thing to organise is to make is easily searchable, so that you can quickly determine whether your particular keyboard is in the list or not.

metalliqaz:

--- Quote from: rowdy on Thu, 10 October 2013, 23:52:02 ---
--- Quote from: metalliqaz on Thu, 10 October 2013, 23:00:00 ---There should be a wiki page for every single keyboard.  Every one we know about.  Current models, customs, vintage, etc.  Seriously, it wouldn't be that hard.  A hackathon would probably be needed to get it started, but I see no reason why that shouldn't happen.

--- End quote ---

The main thing to organise is to make is easily searchable, so that you can quickly determine whether your particular keyboard is in the list or not.

--- End quote ---

Which is why I don't understand why the wiki concept was abandoned.

The way to do it is to made it cross referenced.  Listed by brand (Filco, IBM), type (terminal, PC), switch family (MX, Topre), year, category (Custom, Vintage, modern)

It's easy to specify those things, and that should filter the list down to a handful that will make it obvious if the keyboard has been recorded or not.  Really this is database stuff.  It could benefit from a custom setup using a spreadsheet or perhaps even SQL

CPTBadAss:
There was barely any contribution to the mediaWiki and even now there isn't any. It seems that now that it's going away is anyone interested in contributing to it. It hasn't worked for the community.

You're more than welcome to grab an account right now and start proving that the mediaWiki is viable. Samwisekoi can hook you up if you PM him.

metalliqaz:
I actually did try it at one point.  Somewhere in my post history there is a message where I asked why I was denied an account on the wiki.  I don't think it was ever answered.

oh, here it is: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36143.msg676658#msg676658

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version