Author Topic: [WTB/WTTF] QFR without switches, and Korean springs or red/blue/brown springs  (Read 1557 times)

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hmmmm beer.
If you purchased a QFR with MX Greens to harvest the switches I will buy your case/PCB/Cable and I suppose the key caps too if you don't want them. In general I'm looking for a TKL PCB and case to put my MX Clears into. I would also like some softer springs than the default clear springs for when I put it all together. The springs can be from reds, browns, blues or even Korean custom springs. Around 110 would be the ideal amount since that is how many clear switches I have, but 87-90 would also be ok.

I would like to buy or to trade for QFR parts and springs. There are many things I could trade from what I have in my for sale thread, linked in my signature, or I could even trade the springs I will take out of my MX Clears. You can post offers to the thread or send me a PM.

Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 November 2012, 14:12:49 by danielucf »
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
Re: [WTB/WTTF] Softer springs than MX Clear defaults
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:47:49 »
This search continues, probably for awhile.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:49:26 »
i would recommend brown/red/blue springs. 55g korean springs are neat but maybe too light for some? Also I had more springs that would fail to re-set the stem with the 55s than the blue springs i harvested from another board. good luck with your search :)
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:57:50 »
I got some black springs, they're lighter than the clears
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 22:24:10 »
i would recommend brown/red/blue springs. 55g korean springs are neat but maybe too light for some? Also I had more springs that would fail to re-set the stem with the 55s than the blue springs i harvested from another board. good luck with your search :)
I might have a different issue with my Pure with Reds that I modded to ergo clears. Sometimes with one key press I get the same character entered twice so I might get something like "thiis" but I only pressed "i" once. Is this because the spring is to soft and not pushing the stem up fast enough? It rarely happens, but just the fact that it does happen is annoying.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 22:25:01 »
yeah could be a chatter issue considering clears were never engineered to use a lighter spring.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 22:27:30 »
Are your ergo clears lubed? I've heard it helps with feeling too mushy, but it might help with narrowing down the actuation point too

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 23:26:51 »
Are your ergo clears lubed? I've heard it helps with feeling too mushy, but it might help with narrowing down the actuation point too
They are now, but my oneproduct case has zero hold on four of the six screw stand offs so until I figure out how to fix that I have been unable to really use it since adding pink LEDs and lubing the springs. I've been thinking of filling the holes with hot clue and then screwing into it, or maybe epoxy resin or something.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
Now looking for QFR stuff, or even some other case and PCB that I can put my MX Clears into.