Author Topic: NMB clicky with Erase Eaze  (Read 4905 times)

Offline lowpoly

Miniguru thread at GH // The Apple M0110 Today

Offline wellington1869

NMB clicky with Erase Eaze
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 17 January 2009, 09:35:20 »
Quote from: lowpoly;18480
That's the same feature the M15 has:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290289177658&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:middle:us

what kind of switches?

i like the split spacebar feature. I only ever use my right thumb for space anyway. nice way to make use of the left thumb.

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline alpslover

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 17 January 2009, 10:03:19 »
probably nmb click tactile switches.

i could never understand the reasoning for having a very large backspace key right at your thumbtip.  if you make so many typing mistakes that you save a significant amount of time with erase eaze versus having the backspace key in its normal position, you should probably work on your typing accuracy.  besides which, the split is right where my thumb normally hits the spacebar.

on the alps glidepoint keyboard, the erase eaze behavior is configurable - hitting ctrl-alt-shift-erase eaze switches between left-side erase eaze, right-side erase eaze, no erase eaze, and both erase eaze.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 17 January 2009, 10:08:04 »
Quote from: alpslover;18485
probably nmb click tactile switches.

what are those like?

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline alpslover

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 17 January 2009, 10:18:14 »
nothing to really get excited about, i find.  the click and tactility are both rather light.  the way the sound and feel are generated is rather unique - the mechanism is on the outside of the switch, rather than on the inside.

http://74.125.19.100/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www7.ocn.ne.jp/~hisao/image/rt8255.htm&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmousefan%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us&usg=ALkJrhhuWGy2VNLCNZpfXuJEn5RgzriJPw

Offline Chloe

• Switch Kitten
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 17 January 2009, 10:19:53 »
on the alps glidepoint keyboard, the erase eaze behavior is configurable - hitting ctrl-alt-shift-erase eaze switches between left-side erase eaze, right-side erase eaze, no erase eaze, and both erase eaze.

The NMB is similarly configurable. The instructions say to hold left Alt, Control and Shift keys and press the left space bar to change modes.

Offline lowpoly

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 17 January 2009, 10:45:29 »
if you make so many typing mistakes that you save a significant amount of time with erase eaze versus having the backspace key in its normal position, you should probably work on your typing accuracy.

I think it's more about convenience than time saving.

Miniguru thread at GH // The Apple M0110 Today

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 17 January 2009, 10:46:51 »
You wouldn't have to move off the home row to backspace, but typing accuracy would help more in the long run saving extraneous keystrokes.