Author Topic: [IC] *DSA Good Habits* - First Draft!  (Read 6609 times)

Offline gondolas

[IC] *DSA Good Habits* - First Draft!
« on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 02:15:03 »
DSA Good Habits
240733-0

Designed by Gondolas, AKA u/pbwarren2001

Good Habits has simple inspiration: album art. One of my favorite albums of all time is Animal Collective's Sung Tongs, with its warm red and gold palette, dadaist art, and only-a-little-too-detailed faces. And of course, b o n e s. This set is a tribute to the wonderful sounds and feelings on that record.

240654-1

Specifications are as follows:
-DSA Profile
-MX stem compatible
-Colors: Alphas: YBV #FAD03D, Alphas Legends: NQ #2B2C2E, Mods Primary: RBH #B81B24, Mods Secondary: NQ #2B2C2E, Mods Legends: YBZ #D4872A
-Thick 1.5 mm Dye Sublimated PBT Keycaps
240731-2240637-3
240639-4240641-5
240643-6240645-7
240647-8240649-9

Thank you so much for your time and consideration! If we hit the first MOQ (to be discovered) I'll add in some icon novelties as well, the sizes of which will be dictated by you, the community!
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 April 2020, 03:25:54 by gondolas »
Ribbit.

Offline Christdl

Re: [IC] *DSA Good Habits* - First Draft!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 02:27:33 »
Any chances for iso norde?

Gesendet von meinem POCOPHONE F1 mit Tapatalk

Offline gondolas

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 02:31:47 »
Any chances for iso norde?

Gesendet von meinem POCOPHONE F1 mit Tapatalk

I am absolutely more than willing to create the renders and suggest it to whichever vendor picks me up; if there appears to be sufficient demand I'll absolutely try my best to get sets made!
Ribbit.

Offline Pluto19

• All who break the taboo will be eliminated.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 02:36:55 »
Specifications are as follows:
-DSA Profile
-MX stem compatible
-Colors: Alphas: YBV #FAD03D, Alphas Legends: NQ #2B2C2E, Mods Primary: RBH #B81B24, Mods Secondary: NQ #2B2C2E, Mods Legends: YBZ #D4872A
-Thick 1.5 mm Dye Sublimated PBT Keycaps
Where exactly can this been done?

Edit: Added additional context
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 April 2020, 02:40:26 by Pluto19 »

Offline gondolas

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 02:39:42 »
-Thick 1.5 mm Double-Shot PBT Keycaps
Where exactly can this been done?

My greatest apologies; it's late and I was super excited to get this IC published. No, these will be dye sublimated, as amazing as double-shot PBT would be. Thank you for the correction!
Ribbit.

Offline Pluto19

• All who break the taboo will be eliminated.
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 02:42:00 »
My greatest apologies; it's late and I was super excited to get this IC published. No, these will be dye sublimated, as amazing as double-shot PBT would be. Thank you for the correction!
Ah no worries. Got me thinking of trying out DSA again :thumb:

Offline Sycomore

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 03:00:47 »
Not personally into the colours, but, Good colours and such a great album. GL with the IC!!

Offline gondolas

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 03:24:46 »
Not personally into the colours, but, Good colours and such a great album. GL with the IC!!

Thank you so much! It took a fair bit of work and a lot of procrastination to get this set to this point.
Ribbit.

Offline krautcat

• local the flammable man without identity
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 15:08:36 »
I saw renders and thought "huh, that's DSA Belgium", but then read the entire post and afterwards I was "wow, such a move".

Don't get the colors and proposed kits because I'm in flat profile only for forties. But AC's inspired keyset is great. GLWIC!

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 15:14:51 »
Looks like a dark version of SA Berserk. Any chance for icon novelties?
F Keys belong on the left.

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 15:16:23 »
You might want to check the alphas in the first picture. You seem to want to support both English (US) and English (UK) national layouts, but the latter is subject to a few errors: R1 is absent (is R3 '~ supposed to be it?), 4€ is unnecessary and the vertical Enter is nowhere to be seen.

HTH!

It also strikes me as odd to have the 1.5U \| key in mod- and alpha-colors, but have just the mod-colored `~ key.

Offline wigglywiggs

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 19:05:22 »
Very interested! Would gladly pick up a base set, colevrak, novelties, and then at least one of ergo and ortho depending on price.

GL!

Offline moh18one

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 20:23:01 »
KAM profile?

Offline gondolas

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 00:03:32 »
Looks like a dark version of SA Berserk. Any chance for icon novelties?

If this set begins to gain traction, and there is sufficient demand for them, I'll definitely keep the IC updated. I already have plans for the colors and icons for each set, and I just need to find the time and skills to slap them on a keycap.

You might want to check the alphas in the first picture. You seem to want to support both English (US) and English (UK) national layouts, but the latter is subject to a few errors: R1 is absent (is R3 '~ supposed to be it?), 4€ is unnecessary and the vertical Enter is nowhere to be seen.

HTH!

It also strikes me as odd to have the 1.5U \| key in mod- and alpha-colors, but have just the mod-colored `~ key.

Thank you for your suggestions! I was following along a layout to one of my personal favorite sets, and realized that the font did not support some characters I wanted to use. I'm currently working on resolving that, and I plan on adding the tilde key in alpha as well -- thank you for catching these for me!

Very interested! Would gladly pick up a base set, colevrak, novelties, and then at least one of ergo and ortho depending on price.

GL!

Thank you so much! It really means a lot to me that someone would buy a product I made. This is my first ever keyset (in case depletedvespene's comment didn't tip you off) and I'm happy that this has gotten the reception it has.
Ribbit.

Offline gondolas

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 00:05:28 »
KAM profile?

From some light googling, it looks like DSA is the same as KAM profile, just slightly shorter. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here, as I don't want to give out any false information if I can avoid it.
Ribbit.

Offline gondolas

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 03:17:54 »
Good news, depletedvespene! I've updated the alpha kit to more accurately reflect your suggestions, and as for Christdl, an ISO Norde render is in the works. I'm still working on making an ISO Enter key in blender; I'm incredibly new to the software, and I'm having a bit of a struggle with those sexy ISO curves.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I'm currently planning on rendering these on an Ergodox case, so stay tuned for that! I will consider any and all suggestions for renders, however, it may be a bit as finals week is coming up soon.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 April 2020, 03:24:22 by gondolas »
Ribbit.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 07:21:41 »
I like it; more only question is regarding the planck kit, I'm a staggered 40% user, so could you just offer a universal 40% kit which accounts for both 40% type MKBs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline gondolas

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 14:44:01 »
I like it; more only question is regarding the planck kit, I'm a staggered 40% user, so could you just offer a universal 40% kit which accounts for both 40% type MKBs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great idea! I'll get to work on a kit once school lets up.
Ribbit.