geekhack Community > Input Devices

3-Button mouse with separate scroll wheel?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Findecanor:

--- Quote from: ergonaut on Fri, 19 November 2021, 07:01:54 ---The Lenovo one could also be nice. Do you have to extend your finger to reach the small middle button?

--- End quote ---
No problem for me. I have a man's hands but they are not huge.

Leslieann:
Logitech Anywhere mice.
The scroll wheel locks unlocks freewheel, it doesn't work as middle mouse button, middle mouse is a button behind the scroll.

ergonaut:
Thanks Leslieanne, I'll check it out. That button looks a bit small, but I'll have to try it physically to see if it works for me.

Findecanor:
I've been thinking about mouse design ... so let me rant:

Lots of mice have a gap between the buttons in front of the scroll wheel. In high-end mice, the wheel sits in a cradle and clicking the wheel moves the entire cradle. Why not extend the cradle into that gap in front of the wheel so that you could press it? Because of leverage, the button would not be too hard either.

Leslieann:

--- Quote from: Findecanor on Fri, 18 March 2022, 07:19:23 ---Why not extend the cradle into that gap in front of the wheel so that you could press it? Because of leverage, the button would not be too hard either.

--- End quote ---
Not sure how long or bendy your fingers are or how you hold your mice but my fingers would never be able to reach over the wheel and press said button even if it was extended forward.

Behind the wheel (and a separate button, like the Anywhere) is a better option since you aren't reaching over the top but even that can be a bit uncomfortable depending on how you grip your mouse since it has to be back quite a ways.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version