geekhack Community > Keyboards

Best lube for MX Browns

<< < (2/2)

Sup:
For light tactiles like browns I only lube the bottom housing rails to make consistent as possible and to avoid getting lube on the legs. Browns already have a small tactile lube and if lube gets on the legs its becomes almost a linear switch.

I used thick lube thin lube with this method it doesn't really matter it ends up being preference in my case.

jcoffin1981:
I spent a LOT of time lubing my Browns.  Now it comes time to solder the switches in place and about 20% of them have lost all of their tactility.  I would be fine with that if they were consistent.  I was meticulous about application and did not go anywhere near the legs. It seems the Krytox 105 is not very viscous and it migrates.  It's too bad because I really like using the stuff.   I have Molykote EM-30L and used it on a few switches and it feels great.  It's  specifically formulated for plastic on plastic.  I've also ordered Krytox 205 and Tribosys 3203/4.  I'm going to try them all and see what comes out the most favorable. 

Now to get the Krytox off the switches.  From what I understand there is no great solvent for it.  I can try scrubbing with alcohol, and I also have an ultrasonic.  It may just be easier to buy new switches. 

*edit"   It is possible these keys were less tactile before I lubed them.  I did not check to see if they were uniform.     

fortissim2:
My friend uses dielectric grease.
Told him not to and he still did it, sounds arguably better than the browns I have lmao

HungerMechanic:
This is why I make Ergo Clears.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version