geekhack Community > Keyboards

how does partnership work?

(1/1)

TripleT:
Wondering how it works if i wanna sell my own design customized keyboards allover the world? looking for a partnership ? and how does it work ?Do i pay them first or what ? Please help.

Regards,

Sup:
Please research the “hobby”

TripleT:
got it ,thx pal

Leslieann:
Partnership?
Either form a company (and go broke) or run a group buy and work for peanuts.

If you gathered from that that there's little to no money in this market you'd be correct, it's a hobby. There's little to no money in low volume manufacturing, and despite how "big" this hobby has grown it's still extremely low volume especially if you want parts made from aluminum or other "exotic" material. The "big" hobby companies have other businesses and this is just their hobby they use to make a few bucks on the side or fill in production gaps. So unless you plan to do it for free/lose money or already own a manufacturing business you're in the wrong place.

This is going to sound harsh but what exactly are you bring to a partnership?
Anyone can learn enough CAD/3d design in a weekend or two and present a design or take ideas from someone else's idea (especially iterative ones), it's getting it ready for production and understanding the production chain where all the real skill comes into play and a lot of that simply involves doing the research. I'm not saying you can't make this happen, but right now, you're on step 1 of 10,000, the easiest and least costly part of a very lengthy process and already you're running to a forum asking for help. You effectively bring nothing to the table that anyone else with a few hours can't do themselves. 

You gotta push. Hard.
That takes effort, much, much more effort than posting on a forum asking for someone else to do all the work for you.

TripleT:

--- Quote from: Leslieann on Sun, 23 January 2022, 10:24:18 ---Partnership?
Either form a company (and go broke) or run a group buy and work for peanuts.

If you gathered from that that there's little to no money in this market you'd be correct, it's a hobby. There's little to no money in low volume manufacturing, and despite how "big" this hobby has grown it's still extremely low volume especially if you want parts made from aluminum or other "exotic" material. The "big" hobby companies have other businesses and this is just their hobby they use to make a few bucks on the side or fill in production gaps. So unless you plan to do it for free/lose money or already own a manufacturing business you're in the wrong place.

This is going to sound harsh but what exactly are you bring to a partnership?
Anyone can learn enough CAD/3d design in a weekend or two and present a design or take ideas from someone else's idea (especially iterative ones), it's getting it ready for production and understanding the production chain where all the real skill comes into play and a lot of that simply involves doing the research. I'm not saying you can't make this happen, but right now, you're on step 1 of 10,000, the easiest and least costly part of a very lengthy process and already you're running to a forum asking for help. You effectively bring nothing to the table that anyone else with a few hours can't do themselves. 

You gotta push. Hard.
That takes effort, much, much more effort than posting on a forum asking for someone else to do all the work for you.

--- End quote ---

Thats so specific ,thank you so much ,Imma eager learner , Im learning ,again ,thx for you time, XD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version