Author Topic: Saludos Geekhack  (Read 1197 times)

Offline xicanoink

Saludos Geekhack
« on: Fri, 15 March 2019, 11:30:23 »
Hello from Texas!  New to the obsession but have always been a tad obsessive about keyboards.  I just never knew there was an outlet for this obsession.

As a kid I fancied myself a journalist and would carry around a manual typewriter, clacking away obsessively, so the finger training started early in life.

Working with computers has given me access to all types of boards and here and there I would keep certain models because of their "feel".

Sadly, a move made me get rid of many and I kick myself now but I kept some that I valued, not that they are vintage or valuable, but they were my favorites.

I was always particular to the big-ass Enter key, so I have several Keytronics in my collection.

I am a Massdrop user and just randomly got an Alienware AW586, with the brown Kaihl switches and that was what sparked the interest/obsession.

That Alienware was replaced with the Alienware AW768, to look at the purty colors.  Then I got a Drevo Blademaster to use the small form factor.

On Ebay I found a deal on an old HHKB Lite.  Turned out to be the KB02N, the one with the Fujitsu switches.  That was a neat surprise.

I did spur of the moment pull the trigger on an Abko Hacker K965p to try out a Topre clone, and I'm really digging it.

Currently, daily driver is IBM model M 1391506.  I wanted a model M so bad, but the Ebay bids get crazy.  So glad on here I found the link where Unicomp was selling old warehouse stock and picked this bad boy up.  It's Latin ISO, but I know Spanish.  It's freakin brand new and shiny from 1996 and gloriously loud!

Hello to all and looking forward to moar board adventures!
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 March 2019, 11:31:55 by xicanoink »