Author Topic: SpaceChem  (Read 1382 times)

Offline Twitchy

SpaceChem
« on: Mon, 18 April 2011, 06:01:40 »
Thought I'd share a chemistry based, indie puzzle game called SpaceChem that I've been enjoying recently. Trailers will give you an idea of what the game involves much better than I can.

I think that it's a great game for people who like to tinker (imagine there's a few of those on this forum) in that there are many solutions to each puzzle and much time can be spent refining your builds (on completion of each level you're shown a simple comparison for numbers of reactors/instructions used and overall speed). Anyone else who's played it have anything else to add?
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 April 2011, 06:49:36 by Twitchy »
Stuff
Filco Majestouch FKBN88M/UKB2
Topre Realforce 91UBY
Razer Imperator + Razer Vespula[/COLOR]

Offline stupefaction

SpaceChem
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 18 April 2011, 06:35:46 »
SpaceChem is a marvelous game. I don't know anything about chemistry, but I found it easy to follow the game's instructions for assembling atoms into molecules. The real challenge of the game is in programming a pair of robots that have to work in a constrained area. The free demo will give you at least a few hours of play time to decide whether you want to purchase the full game. I shelled out the $15 immediately after finishing the demo and haven't regretted it. Anyone who enjoys programming will have a good time with SpaceChem, and as the OP said, tinkering types should love it.
Waiting for something better than my SIIG USB Mini Multimedia. Can\'t imagine anything better than the Logitech Marble Mouse. Avatar derived from the original image by Thomas Shahan under the CC-BY-2.0 license.