Author Topic: [IC] - capsunlocked LS63.5 & TS63.5 Switches  (Read 4511 times)

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
[IC] - capsunlocked LS63.5 & TS63.5 Switches
« on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 05:39:33 »

Announcing our LS63.5 (linear, 63.5G actuation) and TS63.5 (tactile, 63.5G actuation) switches!

Housing will be transparent and will both feature a double gold spring. Both housing and stem will be polycarb.

Stem for the linear switch will be light blue, stem for tactile switch will be light pink! Stems will be opaque.

Pricing will be about 40-50p per switch! More info and typing tests coming soon!

272327-0

Offline mvkb

• Designer
    • MVKB
Re: [IC] - capsunlocked LS63.5 & TS63.5 Switches
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 07:36:15 »
Nice.
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 July 2021, 10:33:13 by mvkb »

Offline AshF

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 08:06:05 »
Oooo these look nice

Sent from my ASUS_I003D using Tapatalk

Offline Wickles

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 10:24:31 »
Looks really nice, will definitely buy some of the linears. Will go nicely with my CU65  :D

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 10:54:19 »
Will you provide us with force curves? Who's manufacturing them? Will they come prelubed? How long will the springs be?

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 11:05:05 »

Hello; treeleaf.
I'm wondering why you have chosen to render as a fully transparent switch, when it's an opaque stem.

Hm. Why wouldn't I be able to buy Jwick switches (polycarbonate housing, POM stem) and long springs. And end up with a cheaper switch.

The things that I have found, I do not see the point of making a new IC.
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 11:30:07 »

Hello; treeleaf.
I'm wondering why you have chosen to render as a fully transparent switch, when it's an opaque stem.

Hm. Why wouldn't I be able to buy Jwick switches (polycarbonate housing, POM stem) and long springs. And end up with a cheaper switch.

Hi,

[/size][size=78%]This isn't a render of our final switch it's a photo of the samples we've been testing from our manufacturer.   [/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]If you would like to buy another switch then I can't stop you. [/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]We are introducing our own switch because we would like to integrate switches and keycaps into our product line with the aim of both being available in the future as part of our keyboard kits. [/size]

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 11:37:43 »
Will you provide us with force curves? Who's manufacturing them? Will they come prelubed? How long will the springs be?

Hi!

- Yes, we are working on publishing force curves and I will post ASAP.
- Unfortunately I am unable to comment on the manufacturer at this time.
- All switches will be un-lubed, you will need to lube them yourself. 
- The spring is 23mm long.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 24 July 2021, 00:47:55 »

Hello; treeleaf.

Hi,

[/size][size=78%]This isn't a render of our final switch it's a photo of the samples we've been testing from our manufacturer.   [/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]If you would like to buy another switch then I can't stop you. [/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]We are introducing our own switch because we would like to integrate switches and keycaps into our product line with the aim of both being available in the future as part of our keyboard kits. [/size]

Ok you've got  samples but you mention nothing about them  This is a great IC  I really love the lack of information

This is a treeleaf toxic moment  Very sorry for the mean-ness

treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Havattack

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 24 July 2021, 17:07:40 »

Hello; treeleaf.

Hi,

[/size]
[/size]

Ok you've got  samples but you mention nothing about them  This is a great IC  I really love the lack of information

This is a treeleaf toxic moment  Very sorry for the mean-ness

No one cares about your "meanness" Tree, it's the stupid, annoying, giant, green text you should apologize for. Just go with the green text by itself if you're really that desperate to be special.

Offline clacklabs

• clack labs
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 03 August 2021, 12:26:57 »
Typing test of the tactile ones here :cool:

Offline Holy__cow

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 06:59:39 »
I would have a very good guess that it's tecsee. They've produced similar switches and have easy customer relations for new customers.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 08:37:16 »
I won't lie, I think a lot of people interested in this like the fully transparent look and want alternatives to the (slightly scuffed) Water Kings, plus tactile options. Gonna have to agree with treeleaf on this one: the pic is a bit misleading. The video thumbnail also uses the fully transparent switch, which kinda hypes up the transparent appearance.

Full transparency is the biggest draw to full polycarbonate, IMO. I think an opaque stem would be a missed opportunity. If you would have trouble telling them apart, maybe coloured transparent stems would be better?
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 03:37:16 »
I won't lie, I think a lot of people interested in this like the fully transparent look and want alternatives to the (slightly scuffed) Water Kings, plus tactile options. Gonna have to agree with treeleaf on this one: the pic is a bit misleading. The video thumbnail also uses the fully transparent switch, which kinda hypes up the transparent appearance.

Full transparency is the biggest draw to full polycarbonate, IMO. I think an opaque stem would be a missed opportunity. If you would have trouble telling them apart, maybe coloured transparent stems would be better?

The OP hasn't been updated but the stems will be transparent pink/blue and not opaque. I'm looking to get some renders made of the switches with the colour of the stems.