Author Topic: [IC] VE.A 2nd  (Read 187417 times)

Offline krisst

Re: [IC] VE.A 2nd
« Reply #450 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 19:02:57 »
Pretty sure the designer is treating kb stuff as a hobby, unlike most of the designers we have now. This is not his main gig, most likely have a real job. There are tons of 75% projects on the market now. If you really love this design, either wait for v2 or get aftermarket v1.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #451 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 19:07:27 »
Again. Agreed. Hobby is fine. But who has a hobby they don't take part in for 3 minutes after what, 4 months? If interest is that low in a hobby, I dunno if I'd run stuff involving other people's money. Haha.

I mean or I'd simply just avoid putting dates on anything until I felt ready. Or at least tell people what happened when a date came and went. I imagine that as like minimal hobby effort.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 February 2020, 19:10:09 by Zeelobby »

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #452 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 20:01:26 »
Again. Agreed. Hobby is fine. But who has a hobby they don't take part in for 3 minutes after what, 4 months? If interest is that low in a hobby, I dunno if I'd run stuff involving other people's money. Haha.

I mean or I'd simply just avoid putting dates on anything until I felt ready. Or at least tell people what happened when a date came and went. I imagine that as like minimal hobby effort.
You haven't sent him any money.
He doesn't owe you #$%&.
Stop with this self-entitled attitude. People have life stuffs, and this is not a business.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 February 2020, 20:04:36 by nguyenhimself »

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #453 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 21:07:46 »

You haven't sent him any money.
He doesn't owe you #$%&.
Stop with this self-entitled attitude. People have life stuffs, and this is not a business.
Jesus. People just keep getting angrier and angrier.

I never said he owed me anything. Just that it seems odd. That's all.

Offline dantambok

« Reply #454 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 21:15:33 »
If he comes out of his hole, then we get a v2.

If not, so be it.  :'(

That being said, been holding off buying a v1 in hopes he updates this post. Hah
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #455 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 21:16:53 »

That being said, been holding off buying a v1 im hopes he updates this post. Hah
Yeah. The V1 is a pretty sweet piece of hardware.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #456 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 21:42:00 »

That being said, been holding off buying a v1 in hopes he updates this post. Hah

The tease of being able to build my own and to have tenting stands is why I keep one eye peeked on this thread and haven’t bought a V1.

« Reply #457 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 00:56:12 »
Apologists in this thread are getting quite wild for some reason. OP has decided to shoot themselves in a foot meanwhile people requesting transparency are somehow bad guys here.

I think everyone here knows that making custom keyboards isn't sustainable business model yet and it's a hobby for most people. Yes, OP didn't take our money yet, but when you're your own master and set deadlines that you miss (regardless of seriousness) you _have_ to let people know before deadline as to why you're failed, what are you going to do next, and what's gonna be next deadline.

As someone here said before, OP and another person affiliated with project has been to the forum multiple times since November. Actually OP been here as recently as 2 days ago. Why is it so hard to let people know as to why this project isn't moving forward is beyond me. Actually, what frustrates people the most is simply lack of communication, not the state of the project.

Are you done with project? Sad, but okay, I can spend my money somewhere else.
Did you fail to find a decent manufacturer? Known problem, happens often, understandable, keep us updated.
Are you having problems building the proto (was there one actually?) due to updated design? Understandable, let us know what problems have you encountered so other people can also learn from your mistakes.

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline Midori

• Formerly loktrevor
  • c:
« Reply #458 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 00:59:02 »
Apologists in this thread are getting quite wild for some reason. OP has decided to shoot themselves in a foot meanwhile people requesting transparency are somehow bad guys here.

I think everyone here knows that making custom keyboards isn't sustainable business model yet and it's a hobby for most people. Yes, OP didn't take our money yet, but when you're your own master and set deadlines that you miss (regardless of seriousness) you _have_ to let people know before deadline as to why you're failed, what are you going to do next, and what's gonna be next deadline.

As someone here said before, OP and another person affiliated with project has been to the forum multiple times since November. Actually OP been here as recently as 2 days ago. Why is it so hard to let people know as to why this project isn't moving forward is beyond me. Actually, what frustrates people the most is simply lack of communication, not the state of the project.

Did you fail to find a decent manufacturer? Known problem, happens often, understandable, keep us updated.
Are you having problems building the proto (was there one actually?) due to updated design? Understandable, let us know what problems have you encountered so other people can also learn from your mistakes.

Sir, this is an Arby's

TGR Jane v2 | Vulcan Pro | Matrix 8X v2.0 | Bean | hbcp | froge | hype hen

Offline bisoromi

• Formerly Duwang
  • owo
« Reply #459 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 01:03:49 »
I’m just happy that VEA R2 is gonna happen man
(credits to Kokaloo)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #460 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 02:13:48 »
michaeljacksonpopcorn.gif

there's no reason to get this upset over a very expensive keyboard

if you're so bothered, just run a board yourself

oh wait, no ****posting is easier nevermind
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 February 2020, 02:18:02 by Puddsy »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #461 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 05:09:20 »
Oh snap. Guys it's expensive. Deserves a free pass XD.

Ignoring the silliness of defenses, I've made enough purchases lately, I got time before he happens to wander in here again and update. Still looking forward to this maybe eventually being available! Really dig the compactness of this layout.

Dunno if this was addressed farther up, but with SATA connector, does this have any limitations/differences from more modern splits using USB-C?
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 February 2020, 05:31:22 by Zeelobby »

« Reply #462 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 06:34:14 »

Ignoring the silliness of defenses, I've made enough purchases lately, I got time before he happens to wander in here again and update. Still looking forward to this maybe eventually being available! Really dig the compactness of this layout.

Dunno if this was addressed farther up, but with SATA connector, does this have any limitations/differences from more modern splits using USB-C?
Its gonna be using USB-C instead of SATA as can be seen here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=98324.msg2763022#msg2763022.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #463 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 06:45:44 »

Its gonna be using USB-C instead of SATA as can be seen here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=98324.msg2763022#msg2763022.

Awesome, thanks! Couldn't remember if I read it here that it was an issue and that he was switching, or whether it was in a thread for a previous version.

Offline Digitize

« Reply #464 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 09:39:53 »
Aww I got excited for some updates to only find people arguing in the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #465 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 11:41:45 »
this zeelobby guy is tryna be the next post count +1

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #466 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 11:52:11 »
this zeelobby guy is tryna be the next post count +1
Did I get it??? (Sorry. Works boring)

Offline whalematrontron

« Reply #467 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 01:49:27 »

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #468 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 13:20:34 »
Apologists

No one is apologizing for OP, he just doesn't owe you anything. It's a statement of fact not an apology and bumping this thread every day to whine about it is the issue most of the "apologists" have with the people "requesting transparency". Like 30 people have already requested it, if someone thinks OP looks at this thread and doesn't think people want updates then that someone has some critical thinking issues.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #469 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 14:03:15 »
Apologists

No one is apologizing for OP, he just doesn't owe you anything. It's a statement of fact not an apology and bumping this thread every day to whine about it is the issue most of the "apologists" have with the people "requesting transparency". Like 30 people have already requested it, if someone thinks OP looks at this thread and doesn't think people want updates then that someone has some critical thinking issues.
We can just let it drop at this point. If people keep responding to people asking for updates who then get responded to by those seeking for updates. Etc. Time for everyone to just move on. Or worst case. See it's someone asking for an update and just hit the back button.

So talking about the board again, is it normal for a split to have this many pieces? Is it simply because it's doubled cause the board is cut in half? Or is the complexity in construction part of the appeal?

Offline Ductyl

« Reply #470 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 14:28:38 »
Just wanted to jump in and say I am interested in this board, hopefully this project isn't dead:)

Offline MasterTi

« Reply #471 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 13:03:15 »
Love the design of this and would be interested if the IC isn't dead.

Offline snarfel

« Reply #472 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 10:49:40 »
Still waiting and hoping in Q2 there will be an update

Offline Tyson

« Reply #473 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 09:11:33 »
No updates in over a year, RIP VEA 2, this thing is dead in the water. :/

Offline strigif0rm3s

« Reply #474 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 09:46:34 »
I'm still hopeful!!

Sent from my LIO-AL00 using Tapatalk

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #475 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 10:08:35 »
keeb.io is working on a split staggered 75%. That will make a perfect VE.A alternative (minus the alu case).
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

« Reply #476 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 10:16:04 »
keeb.io is working on a split staggered 75%. That will make a perfect VE.A alternative (minus the alu case).
Hopefully it wont be a PITA to get as Quefrency is currently.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 April 2020, 11:35:24 by AspiringMechKeebFan »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #477 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 18:48:09 »
No updates in over a year, RIP VEA 2, this thing is dead in the water. :/

it's not dead it's just taking a ****ing age for some reason

even i don't know anymore
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #478 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 18:54:25 »
If GMK Black Lotus can get made this can too.

If someone made an aluminum case for the keebio split 75 I'd buy quick. It could have all the subtlety and nuance of the drop Ctrl design and I'd still get 1 or 2. P3dstore I'm still buying your 3d printed too.

Offline snarfel

« Reply #479 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 19:56:06 »
Ooo, thanks for highlighting, subscribed to email list for PCB! If you don't mind me asking, how did you find out? I don't want to miss any case GB's for it (r/mk only had 20ish upvotes)

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #480 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 23:01:23 »
r/mechgroupbuys will have it when it's live. The main guy there is usually too fast for me but I'm on the keebio list too and I'll add it if someone else doesnt. Love my split boards...

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #481 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 23:16:29 »
Ooo, thanks for highlighting, subscribed to email list for PCB! If you don't mind me asking, how did you find out? I don't want to miss any case GB's for it (r/mk only had 20ish upvotes)

keeb.io has a trello board for project update. I have been stalking the board for Quefrency v2 update and came across the split starggered 75% that they are working on.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline HomestylePY

« Reply #482 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 15:22:35 »
i soooo want one!!!  :thumb:
count me in

Offline keuhdall

« Reply #483 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 16:52:24 »
So far I didn't find any other 75%, split, staggered keyboard as good as this one.
Looks amazing, the 10 macro keys on the left are great too, and on top of that, v2 has a "built-in" tenting kit...
That keyboard is really perfection for me, and I really don't mind waiting even more to see this GB happen, but I just wish we had some updates regarding the state of the project...
Looking at OP's profile, seems like he didn't connect to GH for almost 2 month, let's just hope he's doing ok and give us some updates anytime soon I guess.

Offline strigif0rm3s

« Reply #484 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 09:02:54 »
So far I didn't find any other 75%, split, staggered keyboard as good as this one.
Looks amazing, the 10 macro keys on the left are great too, and on top of that, v2 has a "built-in" tenting kit...
That keyboard is really perfection for me, and I really don't mind waiting even more to see this GB happen, but I just wish we had some updates regarding the state of the project...
Looking at OP's profile, seems like he didn't connect to GH for almost 2 month, let's just hope he's doing ok and give us some updates anytime soon I guess.
Agreed. Lets hope He/She is OK, let's put our pitchforks down and hope this still happens! I WANT THIS SO BAD!
Positive vibes!

Offline soso

« Reply #485 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 08:50:47 »
Hoping OP is all right. I'm super interested in this project, and I'll continue to wait as long as necessary.

Offline strigif0rm3s

« Reply #486 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 10:00:24 »
I too plan on waiting FOREVER! i plan on getting a couple of them. one for work and one for the house.
Can someone say endgame!?  ;)

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #487 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 03:16:48 »
Super hype to see this keeb

Offline Neostoic

« Reply #488 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 04:05:35 »
Can't wait to see this build come in to reality!
Will be waiting as look as it takes too...
TGR Alice - Heavy-6 - HHKB Pro 2 stock - TGR 910 RE - HBCP - TMO V2 - Luna HHKB - HHKB Hybrid - Keycult 1/60 Rev01. - 45-ATS - KFE OG - Petrichor - Norbaforce - F1-8X - Whale SE - Kei - Clarabelle - Prophet - Unikorn - FLX Virgo - 7V - M60 A - Keycult 1/65 Rev01 - Keycult No.2 TKL Commission -Haus - Pneuma Rev1. - KFE CE - Frog - 2No. Haus - Adelie - Whale 75

Incoming - Dalco Mini 959 GT - Sagittarius - Box 75  - Keycult No.2/65 Commission - Campsite - HHKB Heavy Grail  - Iron 180 - Iron 165 - Kaze FnF

Notable Previously Owned - TGR Jane V2 - Infinitum

Offline XtReeM1337n355

« Reply #489 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 01:11:45 »
Hey everyone, if you’re looking for a good alternative to this board, I highly recommend the uni660. IMO it’s an improved VEA because it’s wireless, doesn’t need a cable to connect both parts, and doesn’t have the typing sync issue. The pre-order round is partially complete, and another GB is starting end of May or in June.

Offline harmful

« Reply #490 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 10:07:02 »
I just googled uni660 and omfg where site was the GB offered?

« Reply #491 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 10:08:28 »
I just googled uni660 and omfg where site was the GB offered?
There was only private GB so far. Official GB will be held (at least) on https://ilumkb.com/.

Offline AvoidingYou

« Reply #492 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 11:18:03 »
I'm all in on this, I really hope it's not dead :(

I finally made a geekhack account specifically to show interest on this particular board.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 May 2020, 11:23:22 by AvoidingYou »

Offline strigif0rm3s

« Reply #493 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 11:21:15 »
OP COME BACK!
COME BACK OP!

We want this so bad! I want this so bad.

Is there anything that the community (or myself) can do to help you in this process?
I'm willing to do what I can to make this a reality.

Thanks! Talk soon I hope. :)

Offline baysic

« Reply #494 on: Mon, 22 June 2020, 07:34:21 »
PIN!!

Offline Rejeckted

• Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum... I smell Kraft dinnah
« Reply #495 on: Mon, 22 June 2020, 09:14:45 »
OP COME BACK!
COME BACK OP!

Is there anything that the community (or myself) can do to help you in this process?

The original VE.A ran on drop, so if you have friends who work for drop that might help.

Offline strigif0rm3s

« Reply #496 on: Mon, 22 June 2020, 10:22:23 »
OP COME BACK!
COME BACK OP!

The original VE.A ran on drop, so if you have friends who work for drop that might help.

I don't,,,,,BUT.......maybe someone here does?!??!
This board is amazing. i need 2 of them. :)

Offline keuhdall

« Reply #497 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 15:03:27 »
Glad to see that I'm not the only that want this keeb so bad, and that keeps faith in OP!
Looks like OP was active on GH a few days ago... So maybe we can expect some news soon ?
Fingers crossed !

Offline PainMaster

• Formerly cjakma
  • IBM(PainMaster)
« Reply #498 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 09:20:32 »
We are still alive !!

Thank you for not forgetting.

This project was very hard.

I think it'll be over if we make one more sample.

GroupBuy is scheduled on "2020.11.01 ~ 2020.11.21".

Amount is don't know yet.

PS : Each part is a sample, so please take it into consideration.

251647-0

251649-1
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 September 2020, 09:23:10 by PainMaster »
SaiB-CP Black - Kailh Bronze (Non Click / 58g) - Finish
Light Saver v1 Black - Cherry Wyze Black (Linear / 64g)
Light Saver v2 Gray - Cherry 1501 Black (Linear / 64g)
Light Saver v3 Silver - Cherry 8200 White (Non Click / 64g)
Light Saver Acryl (Duck96 base) - Gateron Yellow (Linear / 62g) - Season 1 Fin.
Octagon v1 Black - Cherry 1501 Black (Linear / 64g) / TX-1800 v1 Red/Black - Cherry Wyze Black (Linear / 58g)
VE.A Test Housing- Cherry 8113 White (Non Click / 58g)
TC-V3 , LZ*ASRH Black, VE.A 2nd
... etc.

Offline typischt

« Reply #499 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 09:28:49 »
Nice! Really good to hear that this is not dead!