Author Topic: [IC] GMK Serika 2  (Read 52717 times)

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
Re: [IC] GMK Serika 2 | Launching December 3rd | Full-size Core kits for $110
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 28 November 2020, 23:14:42 »
And Olivia and I hashed out issues with her previous sets so I'm good with her and she knows that.

You callled Olivia the C-word in a public discord and you only apologized when you were called out by Mike from Novel Keys when he posted the screengrab.

Maybe this explains why keyset designers might still be a little hostile towards you and any comments you make on their interest checks.

Just saying.

« Reply #101 on: Sat, 28 November 2020, 23:33:49 »
After having my comments asking for context deleted (maybe interpreted as sarcasm?) and then reading what people said later on.

I just find it pretty strange that this discussion of 1.75u R2 is being framed as a boycott of TVK, a company that literally hasn't existed for a year already.

And apparently of another designer who has said made some pretty rude comments/has an abrasive attitude.

In reality there are tons of people in the 40% community exploring the x.75u board width with their designs, myself included.

We're not sending our money to TVK or Hedgey. We're not asking you to forgive or patch things up with the people that have hurt you. I'm simply kindly asking you to support a bunch of the 40% boards that have active or upcoming projects.

GL with your GB, the Serika colorway is one of my all time favorites

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #102 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 00:11:35 »
And Olivia and I hashed out issues with her previous sets so I'm good with her and she knows that.

You callled Olivia the C-word in a public discord and you only apologized when you were called out by Mike from Novel Keys when he posted the screengrab.

Maybe this explains why keyset designers might still be a little hostile towards you and any comments you make on their interest checks.

Just saying.

Actually thanks for bringing that up, Wilba.  It reminds me of how much drama others are looking for.  Let's take a step back shall we?

1. Yes, I posted that in a discord, in an OBSCURE VOICE CHANNEL, not in a main channel like #gen-chat
2. Someone, was obviously searching for my name in the Discord Channel looking for me to "trip up to use it against me."
3. That person found where I said it, screenshotted it, and then shared it with the express intent of stirring up drama causing an issue.
4. Mike posted that on Reddit where I found out that someone had screenshot it and shared it around. Naturally I thought it was Mike that did it and I PM'd him about it.  He shared that someone else was spreading it around.  (MIKE HAD NO BUSINESS PASSING THAT AROUND BTW)
5. Mike and I had a very nice chat after that and we have no issues.
6. Then I reached out to Olivia and apologized.  She responded back and we discussed like adults with apologies and a resolution.

I have not been "nasty" in any regards since last year in the Olivia R2 thread.  (In which surprise surprise, Zamb was involved in and her keyset compatibility took a step backwards....)  So while yes, I slipped up last year and said something that shouldn't have been typed out, I apologized and owned up for it because I'm not a child. 

In fact, most of this hobby has people who are so caught up on "status" and "fame" it's turned most people into drama queens.  I don't care if you don't like me.  And as I stated I've been pretty cordial to nearly everyone I've met and talked to in this hobby.  However at some point it boils over for everyone.  You tend to ride on a high horse as if you're perfect, but we all know, no one actually is.

So I'm not sure what your intent on bringing up something from over a year ago was in this thread, but I hope you know that you're going to slip up at one point too, and when it happens, know that I won't be the one to remind you of it at a later date because that's not how I operate.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 November 2020, 00:22:16 by Hedgey »
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 00:28:24 »

Just saying.

Actually thanks for bringing that up, Wilba.  It reminds me of how much drama others are looking for.  Let's take a step back shall we?

1. Yes, I posted that in a discord, in an OBSCURE VOICE CHANNEL, not in a main channel like #gen-chat
2. Someone, was obviously searching for my name in the Discord Channel looking for me to "trip up to use it against me."
3. That person found where I said it, screenshotted it, and then shared it with the express intent of stirring up drama causing an issue.
4. Mike posted that on Reddit where I found out that someone had screenshot it and shared it around. Naturally I thought it was Mike that did it and I PM'd him about it.  He shared that someone else was spreading it around.
6. Then I reached out to Olivia and apologized.  She responded back and we discussed like adults with apologies and a resolution.

I have not been "nasty" in any regards since last year in the Olivia R2 thread.  (In which surprise surprise, Zamb was involved in and her keyset compatibility took a step backwards....)  So while yes, I slipped up last year and said something that shouldn't have been typed out, I apologized and owned up for it because I'm not a child. 

In fact, most of this hobby has people who are so caught up on "status" and "fame" it's turned most people into drama queens.  I don't care if you don't like me.  And as I stated I've been pretty cordial to nearly everyone I've met and talked to in this hobby.  However at some point it boils over for everyone.  You tend to ride on a high horse as if you're perfect, but we all know, no one actually is.

So I'm not sure what your intent on bringing up something from over a year ago was in this thread, but I hope you know that you're going to slip up at one point too, and when it happens, know that I won't be the one to remind you of it at a later date because that's not how I operate.

You brought up being good with Olivia, not me, as if you think her accepting your apology means everyone else is made good, and it's just Zambumon being unreasonably hostile.

You frame this as Zambumon being petty, spiteful, etc. instead of just accepting it's his keyset design, he can do what he wants and you can vote with your wallet like everyone else.

You're the one (or some other 40% user) who brings up this "boycott" every time, so please don't lecture me about bringing up old drama.

TBH I don't know why I bother writing anything at all, you don't care what I have to say, as in your mind, I'm lumped in with Zambumon and the other "boycotters", and the thread gets cleaned up anyway and all these words will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

I should have been cancelled a long time ago, I'm just more careful, I guess, but thanks for the advice.

« Last Edit: Sun, 29 November 2020, 00:30:52 by Wilba »

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #104 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 00:33:40 »

Just saying.

4. Mike posted that on Reddit where I found out that someone had screenshot it and shared it around. Naturally I thought it was Mike that did it and I PM'd him about it.  He shared that someone else was spreading it around.

You brought up being good with Olivia, not me, as if you think her accepting your apology means everyone else is made good, and it's just Zambumon being unreasonably hostile.

You frame this as Zambumon being petty, spiteful, etc. instead of just accepting it's his keyset design, he can do what he wants and you can vote with your wallet like everyone else.

You're the one (or some other 40% user) who brings up this "boycott" every time, so please don't lecture me about bringing up old drama.

TBH I don't know why I bother writing anything at all, you don't care what I have to say, as in your mind, I'm lumped in with Zambumon and the other "boycotters", and the thread gets cleaned up anyway and all these words will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

I should have been cancelled a long time ago, I'm just more careful, I guess, but thanks for the advice.

hey wilba... go **** yourself

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 00:36:02 »

Just saying.

If I could, I would.

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #106 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 00:36:36 »

TBH, I'm surprised you assume anything.  I actually have no problem with you.  I don't lump you into any group, you are who you are.  Zamb is who he is.  Oblo is who he is.  (I even stated that I thought he was the most Chill a few replies back)  Hell at least Zamb responds to an extent. 

But as I've said before, this set will sell whether or not it's got a single backspace key or not.  And I am still waiting for SOMEONE who is boycotting it to just give me a valid reason for potentially skipping out on a decent amount of base kits and 40's from their total sales.  It's like cutting off your nose to spite your face.   :))
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #107 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 00:39:01 »

Just saying.

If I could, I would.

alright.... my respect for you just climbed higher than everest.... gg my dude

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 00:40:41 »

Wild, imagine 40% users expressing interest in an IC thread by asking for a couple keycaps to support the boards they want to use/create.

Offline r2d5198

« Reply #109 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 00:43:23 »
I'm pretty new to all this gb stuff, is this compatible with nk65?

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #110 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 01:21:14 »

Wild, imagine 40% users expressing interest in an IC thread by asking for a couple keycaps to support the boards they want to use/create.

I said they bring up this "boycott" drama ever time and call the designer spiteful, still "holding a grudge" etc.

I fully agree that people can ask for what they would like to see in an IC. However, if the designer says no, that should be the end of it.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #111 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 01:25:15 »

I said they bring up this "boycott" drama ever time and call the designer spiteful, still "holding a grudge" etc.

I fully agree that people can ask for what they would like to see in an IC. However, if the designer says no, that should be the end of it.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

honestly he's got a point. if you don't like their decision, run your own set....

Offline TopreMoon

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 01:29:21 »
I'm pretty new to all this gb stuff, is this compatible with nk65?

I did a quick glance and it looks like it should. Best way though, for yourself, is to take a moment to familiarize yourself with the NK65 layout. Whenever you look at group buys for keycaps, look at the core kit to see if it has a key for every switch on your board. After some practice, you should be able to do it pretty fast. For example, you never really have to compare the alphas/letters since they're pretty much guaranteed to be in the core kit and in most standard layouts.

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 01:41:21 »

On the contrary, if this functioned like a normal IC system, the growing number of 40s users/designers popping up in keycap threads (often with no context or understanding of this ancient drama) would just be taken as evidence that there are a lot of people with an unmet need in the market.

With that lens, speaking of insanity and rationality, how big does the 40% community need to get before it's no longer sane to ignore their requests? At what point is it a stretch of rationality to still view it as a feud between a small handful of veterans with an axe to grind, and not see how this weird situation rubs hundreds of 40% users the wrong way by silencing their voice with a flat "No."?

As far as I know this line of discussion started with a 40% user coming in and asking for support for an upcoming keeb they're interested in buying.

If 40% users ask for support and the designer's response is based in fact on a "boycott", who is *really* responsible for bringing a boycott into the situation?

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #114 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 03:15:49 »

Just saying.

Since you seem to be convinced that Zambumon will try to discourage just about anybody to not include/remove 1.75u R2 Backspace, I will offer some evidence to the contrary: I have confided in him, among other people, in upcoming projects or asked his opinion on sets that I have helped others with which include that specific key, and not once has he mentioned removing it. Neither has he tried to convince me to do so, nor convince me to convince my friends to remove the key.

At a casual glance, I do sometimes get the impression that 1.75u Backspace is the hill that the most vocal members of the 40s community have chosen to die on, so to speak. As someone who doesn't use 40% keyboards and is not a part of that community, it does sometimes feel like every time someone refuses to include the key in their sets, someone else will design another 40% board that uses it to try and leverage the issue. Whether or not this is actually the case is a different situation entirely.

The world doesn't revolve around Zambumon, nor other designers for that matter, but the question of including 1.75u backspace or not is absolutely that designer's choice.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #115 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 03:40:15 »

Just saying.

Since you seem to be convinced that Zambumon will try to discourage just about anybody to not include/remove 1.75u R2 Backspace, I will offer some evidence to the contrary: I have confided in him, among other people, in upcoming projects or asked his opinion on sets that I have helped others with which include that specific key, and not once has he mentioned removing it. Neither has he tried to convince me to do so, nor convince me to convince my friends to remove the key.

At a casual glance, I do sometimes get the impression that 1.75u Backspace is the hill that the most vocal members of the 40s community have chosen to die on, so to speak. As someone who doesn't use 40% keyboards and is not a part of that community, it does sometimes feel like every time someone refuses to include the key in their sets, someone else will design another 40% board that uses it to try and leverage the issue. Whether or not this is actually the case is a different situation entirely.

The world doesn't revolve around Zambumon, nor other designers for that matter, but the question of including 1.75u backspace or not is absolutely that designer's choice.

With all that said, why did you choose to not include it in darling?
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 November 2020, 03:51:47 by Kokaloo »

Offline VipermanGT2

« Reply #116 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 03:43:28 »
Just reading through this thread for the first time now. I'll give my honest opinion on it. A human being made something that he likes and wants to give others the opportunity to buy. He's looking for feedback on it, aka Interest Check. Users came in and called out how there is no 40's support and asked for it. They were told no. Now they are whining and complaining like little babies because they're not getting what they want....

Maybe Zambumon is just a blunt person, maybe not. Maybe there is some old grudge or something... but it's HIS KEYSET. If you gave your feedback, and Zambumon doesn't want to make those changes, it doesn't matter, because it's his keyset. If you want 40's support and can't have it with this keyset, it doesn't matter, because IT'S ZAMBUMON'S KEYSET!

Stop acting like immature children and whining about not getting what you want. If this "growing number of 40's users" in the market have such an "unmet need," then maybe one of them should step up and design a keyset with 40's support. Don't throw a tantrum if someone doesn't want to do it for you.

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #117 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 03:58:28 »
With all that said, why did you choose not to include it in darling?

There are multiple reasons, but if Darling gets a R2 in GMK then it can be discussed in that IC thread, assuming that the kitting is the same as R1 (it won’t be). My reasons for omitting that key are irrelevant to the IC for Serika R2, and GMK Darling R1 is long since past the point where it would make any difference to discuss it at length in this thread.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #118 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 04:08:16 »

There are multiple reasons, but if Darling gets a R2 in GMK then it can be discussed in that IC thread, assuming that the kitting is the same as R1 (it won’t be). My reasons for omitting that key are irrelevant to the IC for Serika R2, and GMK Darling R1 is long since past the point where it would make any difference to discuss it at length in this thread.

What an incredibly bullocks response. You just explained that it's simple as to why designers can choose not to include a keycap, but say there are multiple reasons you personally didn't but fail to elaborate.
I have a hunch you have no reasoning and simply decided it wasn't worth the time or effort because of all the nonsense surrounding this issue (then why pop in here at all and give your half penny), or are attempting to follow in the footsteps of designers that you feel are leading the scape of the hobby in hopes to be included in their reigns.
You can't jump into a thread and attempt to be logical without giving reasoning to why you purposefully wanted to not include compatibility, it's a complete phony.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 November 2020, 04:12:24 by Kokaloo »

Offline Stormlex

« Reply #119 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 04:17:01 »
Hmm.

Do you guys not see how this makes you look pushing your agenda onto people who makes stuff?
Stop being aggressive and just accept whatever reason an IC starter has to not include your specific keycaps.
It’s an IC, not your public pressure valve.

Offline FireLock

« Reply #120 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 04:22:18 »
Reading through this thread and discussion people are having has actually opened up my eyes. There should maybe be some sort of poll or some sort of consideration of having a Advertising section as an addition to the IC.. would possibly dissolve alot of future salt.

In the end it is OP's Keyset. He does as he pleases. It is fair.

« Last Edit: Sun, 29 November 2020, 04:25:34 by FireLock »

« Reply #121 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 04:29:01 »
...whining and complaining like little babies...

...acting like immature children and whining about not getting what you want...

...Don't throw a tantrum...

I'm confused about what I wrote that strikes you as throwing a tantrum. I just tried to rationally tease apart the vast majority of 40s users, from the few voices that are rehashing bad blood for the umpteenth time. At some point this has gotta move past whatever happened between these folks. There are hundreds of active 40% users and dozens of active designers currently running ICs or GBs in the discord server alone, and the two legacy 40% users that have been called out in this thread don't represent even a small fraction of our community. Maybe in 2017 TVK was a representative chunk of the 40% community but it's nearly 2021 now.

In fact I think I've been pretty calm and candid about what I think the situation here is. Frankly I think your disrespectful and baseless accusations of immaturity are uncalled for. If anything it seems to me like you're projecting here, but I'll leave it to the reader to decide whether they think it's more mature to attempt to facilitate discussion about expanding keyset compatibility based on an emerging market, or to jump into that discussion and try to stir up vitriol by hurling weird insults calling people "babies" etc.

If this "growing number of 40's users" in the market have such an "unmet need," then maybe one of them should step up and design a keyset with 40's support.

Actually there are plenty of keysets that support the 40s layouts in question. We're not here in the Serika R2 IC thread to discuss other keysets though, we're here to discuss Serika R2. I'm posting here because I like Serika and I want to use it on my keyboards. It's a very popular and attractive colorway. And I know a lot of other 40% users feel the same, and would love to put this keyset on our boards if Zambumon would support literally these 2 extra keycaps.

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #122 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 05:00:49 »

I'm confused about what I wrote that strikes you as throwing a tantrum. I just tried to rationally tease apart the vast majority of 40s users, from the few voices that are rehashing bad blood for the umpteenth time. At some point this has gotta move past whatever happened between these folks. There are hundreds of active 40% users and dozens of active designers currently running ICs or GBs in the discord server alone, and the two legacy 40% users that have been called out in this thread don't represent even a small fraction of our community. Maybe in 2017 TVK was a representative chunk of the 40% community but it's nearly 2021 now.

In fact I think I've been pretty calm and candid about what I think the situation here is. Frankly I think your disrespectful and baseless accusations of immaturity are uncalled for. If anything it seems to me like you're projecting here, but I'll leave it to the reader to decide whether they think it's more mature to attempt to facilitate discussion about expanding keyset compatibility based on an emerging market, or to jump into that discussion and try to stir up vitriol by hurling weird insults calling people "babies" etc.

If this "growing number of 40's users" in the market have such an "unmet need," then maybe one of them should step up and design a keyset with 40's support.

Actually there are plenty of keysets that support the 40s layouts in question. We're not here in the Serika R2 IC thread to discuss other keysets though, we're here to discuss Serika R2. I'm posting here because I like Serika and I want to use it on my keyboards. It's a very popular and attractive colorway. And I know a lot of other 40% users feel the same, and would love to put this keyset on our boards if Zambumon would support literally these 2 extra keycaps.

VipermanGT2 is not accusing you specifically of whining, and neither did I, FWIW. You've been calm and rational, but this is the biggest feud in keyboard history, continually reinvigorated with each interest check that doesn't support these infamous two keycaps, resulting in thread locks and purges. Do you expect the behaviour of the past to be finally rewarded with acquiescence? My guess is, that will happen when I get my GMK Hyperfuse R1.

Offline VipermanGT2

« Reply #123 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 05:19:28 »

I’m genuinely trying to see the argument from your view so I can have insight from both sides. However, every way I look at it from your side results in the same outcome...you’re being overly demanding and complaining about not getting what you want.   

Nothing personal, just hoping to offer a lesson in acceptance. Have a good day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline VipermanGT2

[IC] GMK Serika 2 | Launching December 3rd | Full-size Core kits for $110
« Reply #124 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 05:20:58 »
Also, nice kit Zambumon. Regardless of what anyone says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 November 2020, 05:27:46 by VipermanGT2 »

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #125 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 06:58:34 »
Yeah... I hate to say it, but the demands being brought up every time in such an aggressive manner might have the adverse effect of future keyset designers avoiding the key as well. Your possibly digging your own graves here. Better to just ask. Take the no. And move on. Plenty of other designers to convince to add the key, or buy sets that support it. Shedding more light on the past does not seem to be working. Time to change tactics.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #126 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 06:58:57 »
Serika is fire though. Looking forward to joining.

Offline Hugs94

« Reply #127 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 10:52:22 »

What an incredibly bullocks response. You just explained that it's simple as to why designers can choose not to include a keycap, but say there are multiple reasons you personally didn't but fail to elaborate.
I have a hunch you have no reasoning and simply decided it wasn't worth the time or effort because of all the nonsense surrounding this issue (then why pop in here at all and give your half penny), or are attempting to follow in the footsteps of designers that you feel are leading the scape of the hobby in hopes to be included in their reigns.
You can't jump into a thread and attempt to be logical without giving reasoning to why you purposefully wanted to not include compatibility, it's a complete phony.

Nice projection

Offline !Q

« Reply #128 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 18:46:38 »
Hey **** 1.75u Backspace all my homies hate 1.75u Backspace can i just get some ASETNIOP compat in the 40s kit? Or a separate 20% kit for sub 20% boards like Ginny? Thanks in advance bud :^)

Offline digid3ar

« Reply #129 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 22:16:10 »
i love serika regardless that missing backspace. so happy to jump in

Offline Hugs94

« Reply #130 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 17:18:01 »
Wow I can't believe these guys predicted the future in this thread:
ab_channel=KeyboardsTonight

Offline BapoDonu

« Reply #131 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 20:54:00 »
will it come with a pink pcb

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 22:57:03 »
*drama drama drama

hey ne colemak avail

Offline harlekein

« Reply #133 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 09:12:04 »
Kinda looks like a rip off from GMK Gregory tbh

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=106351.0

Offline harlekein

« Reply #134 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 09:31:02 »
I really have to applaud the effort some people put into making themselves unlikeable. Personally I actually reconsidered my own stance on this subject not too long ago, but after seeing how some individuals open the conversation, I quickly dismissed that thought.

Somehow I'm sceptical.

"I initially refused out of spite. Then I almost reconsidered, but then out of spite decided against it"

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #135 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 10:13:34 »

Show Image

Thanks Mr. Harlekeim, I appreciate the insight

Offline prognostics

« Reply #136 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 10:30:49 »

Show Image

Pls tell me this is meme, this isn't the first time the set has run

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #137 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 10:33:10 »

Show Image

Pls tell me this is meme, this isn't the first time the set has run

This isn't a meme. Gregory is the oldest keyset in this hobby and Serika is a straight ripoff of Greg. Zambumon is actually being sued by Doggo Inc. (the company that owns the IP for the Gregory line of products) and he's just running Serika again to pay for his 4 lawyers otherwise he's going bankrupt since spanish lawyers are apparently the most expensive in the world.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 December 2020, 10:39:35 by Gondolindrim »
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline azzipa

« Reply #138 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 14:08:37 »
Exhibit for the Defense: IMO Serika and Gregory are quite different and I would never consider purchasing Gregory. I would, and am, considering Serika. I just don't want a face on my keyboard.

It is very hard to establish IP around a color. See Susan G Komen Foundation attempt to trademark the color Pink. I'm not going to pretend I know how this will play out (in the EU?), but in the US this case likely would be considered frivolous and get thrown out on summary judgment. Defining characteristic of Gregory is the face: eyes, nose, etc. Without, this is just a yellow and beige set. What's next? Disney sues for BoW because in infringes on 101 Dalmatians?

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #139 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 14:46:15 »
Exhibit for the Defense: IMO Serika and Gregory are quite different and I would never consider purchasing Gregory. I would, and am, considering Serika. I just don't want a face on my keyboard.

It is very hard to establish IP around a color. See Susan G Komen Foundation attempt to trademark the color Pink. I'm not going to pretend I know how this will play out (in the EU?), but in the US this case likely would be considered frivolous and get thrown out on summary judgment. Defining characteristic of Gregory is the face: eyes, nose, etc. Without, this is just a yellow and beige set. What's next? Disney sues for BoW because in infringes on 101 Dalmatians?

Show Image
Show Image

Zambumon is being sued in the EU as I said (Spain). Doggo Inc. has sued him in the US, Americas, Mexico, Brazil, South America, the Guyanas, Australia, Germany, Chile, Spain and Butan.  I know he won the cause here in Brazil because I actually helped him; it was pretty easy since the lawyers of Doggo Inc thought in Brazil we speak spanish when we actually speak brazilian, a dialect of portuguese, which is a dialect of Latin, which is a dialect of Greek, where gay sex was invented. In Australia, him and Wilba won the case arguing that Sydney actually isn't Australia's capital. Oblotzki said he'd help in Germany, but just after he finishes his currywurst. He's losing the processes in the other countries, though.

As for IP protection, you know how big companies are. Doggo Inc is a huge company and they will use all their power not to let people make products that hold even the most remote resembleance to Gregory. For instance, Oblo had to ask permission to Coke to run Crimson Cadet, since Coke threatened to sue him because they own white plus red. Valve sued Tombery for the carbon novelties that depict the Half-Life Lambda. Riot Games
sued GMK for GMK Toxic because the LoL community actually owns the rights to be the most toxic. The list goes on.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 December 2020, 15:02:31 by Gondolindrim »
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline gilbert

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 14:51:29 »
Nice Mr. Zamb
Collection: F1.69, G80-5K, Bliss TKL, Ecliptica, Cypher, Safa S588, Southpaw Fullsize, HHKB Pro2, Zenith G80-1192HAD

Offline chamelemon_64

« Reply #141 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 15:05:12 »

Show Image
Show Image

Zambumon is being sued in the EU as I said (Spain). Doggo Inc. has sued him in the US, Americas, Mexico, Brazil, South America, the Guyanas, Australia, Germany, Chile, Spain and Butan.  I know he won the cause here in Brazil because I actually helped him; it was pretty easy since the lawyers of Doggo Inc thought in Brazil we speak spanish when we actually speak brazilian, a dialect of portuguese, which is a dialect of Latin, which is a dialect of Greek, where gay sex was invented. In Australia, him and Wilba won the case arguing that Sydney actually isn't Australia's capital. Oblotzki said he'd help in Germany, but just after he finishes his currywurst. He's losing the processes in the other countries, though.

As for IP protection, you know how big companies are. Doggo Inc is a huge company and they will use all their power not to let people make products that hold even the most remote resembleance to Gregory. For instance, Oblo had to ask permission to Coke to run Crimson Cadet, since Coke threatened to sue him because they own white plus red. Valve sued Tombery for the carbon novelties that depict the Half-Life Lambda. Riot Games
sued GMK for GMK Toxic because the LoL community actually owns the rights to be the most toxic. The list goes on.

I can confirm that he has been hearing from our lawyers  :p

Jokes aside glwgb :)

Offline BapoDonu

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 15:11:51 »
Need to pick up a couple sets so i can help zamb pay his lawyers

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #143 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 15:43:42 »

Show Image
Show Image

#justice4zamb

Offline harlekein

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 08:50:23 »
I just don't want a face on my keyboard.

You lost me there.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #145 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 08:56:03 »

Show Image
Show Image

Kid,

If you have anything to say in term of IP, feel free to sue. And lose.
In the event you don’t understand IP law, I would suggest you to get a lawyer.

@Gondolindrim Please don’t entertain those people who does not understand life in general.

Offline harlekein

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 10:38:01 »

Kid,

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 11:54:33 »

Kid,

Show Image

For context: Oblotzky's post is a quote from an e-mail exchange with HK Gaming.

Congrats, you have missed the joke.

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #149 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 12:14:31 »
This IC has been turned into a mematic bomb

I love it