Author Topic: Off Topic Artisan Cap Valuation Discussion  (Read 9824 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Off Topic Artisan Cap Valuation Discussion
« on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 10:18:31 »
Maybe call it the Clack (and other artisan cap) Valuation Thread ;)
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 June 2014, 13:10:57 by exitfire401 »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Re: Off-Topic Discussion of Clack Valuation Thread
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 10:25:10 »
I think this thread is worthless, personally. Instead of creating a new thread for this, the moderation should've just occurred in the Price Check thread, eliminating the need for this. Sadly, the people who chose to argue there and are the cause of this thread have defeated their own purpose, wherein trying to eliminate the "special"ty of these caps, they have only perpetuated it even more.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 10:32:51 »
This thread is a stupid idea. Why is it a stupid idea? Because there is no set price on collector's items. You want to know how much a clack is worth? However much someone is willing to pay for the one they want - meaning, there is no set price. The only thing this thread is good for is making drama in the community.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 10:33:52 »
This thread is a stupid idea. Why is it a stupid idea? Because there is no set price on collector's items. You want to know how much a clack is worth? However much someone is willing to pay for the one they want - meaning, there is no set price. The only thing this thread is good for is making drama in the community.

I was thinking the same thing. Price of a Clack really depends on how much the person likes you and how much you're prepared to pay.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 10:34:45 »

Jimmies Status:  ☑ Rustled ☐ Unrustled
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 10:36:00 »

Jimmies Status:  ☑ Rustled ☐ Unrustled

Unless I checked it as rustled myself, they remain unrustled :)

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 10:41:37 »
There's pricing discussions in the Clack Info Thread and other threads. Since I don't really follow pricing anymore, I don't feel I'm qualified to support the continued discussion in that thread. We're just trying to centralize the discussion somewhere so people can get a feel for the pricing. Especially since the Classifieds threads are often nuked without their prices.

It's not putting them on a pedestal as much as trying to keep the info in a location. If you think that the mere existence of the thread is doing so, I think it's just being silly. That's my opinion. You're all welcome to pay what you like. That's why this is here. To gauge what ya'll would like to pay. Nothing more.

There is a reason the discussion of clack prices were stricken from the 'what's it worth' thread. Because no good came of it. I fail to see how this thread is going to succeed where that one failed.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 10:50:32 »
Discussion in the Clack Info Thread seemed to be going fine. No reason why it couldn't continue here.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 10:53:03 »
FYI, this thread was created for one purpose only: as a location to divert Clack pricing discussions out of the Price Checks and Clack Info threads. Take that as you will.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 10:54:24 »
So do we get a thread for the valuation of all the other 'artisan' caps as well?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 10:56:57 »
Problem I have with threads like this is they're pretty much just used to gauge just how much people can profit off clacks. We don't allow auctions but we allow people to come in and test the waters here. Go figure.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 12:33:09 »
I find jcrouse's mega sale thread to be a good reference for clack price.

Most of the old information seems to have been derived from jcrouse sales/purchases.
Won't market information vary greatly based on who really gives a **** about clacks at any particular point in time?

Offline GSimon

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 12:42:16 »
I think Bunny nailed it.

Yea having set market prices for collectors/limited stuff is not realistic, but having a fair appraisals for buyers looking to pick one up is not.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 18:16:30 »
That is Topre.  Those seem to not be as popular.

blasphemy
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Kayla

• :3
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 18:36:51 »
This thread feels like its just going to add to the inflation.. More people will see higher prices they can get for their keys and it will grow by 5 dollars at a time until people will accept no lower than x.. I see clacks and brobots and other artisan caps as a kind of thing I will never get to participate in because of aftermarket prices rising to stupid levels and people who either have connections or are quicker and richer than me; buying out at sales to fill their board or resell for a quick buck.

Sad reality. I still admire through threads and appreciate the craftmanship but I cant help but look at my screen and salivate and be jealous as people continue to collect more and more. Normies like me just can't afford to aspire such things, just ends up disappointing. ;-;

Maybe one day.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 19:16:00 »
That is Topre.  Those seem to not be as popular.

I'd buy Topre at retail :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Belfong

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 19:31:30 »
I also disagree to have this thread as it is where new user lucky enough to strike a lottery in 4grabs will come to gauge the selling price and thus it encourages more flipping. The one who lose out is the community and CC himself at the end.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 19:46:55 »
Belfong, they know anyway, and do it anyway, regardless of this thread existing or not. I gave up the fight against profiteering here. It's just a losing battle.

The discussion that will be directed to this thread is simply discussion that was happening elsewhere. This thread will allow for the discussion to be consolidated into one place.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Belfong

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 19:54:53 »
I know your point of view. It's an outlet so that people don't crap other thread with pricing questions. But this makes it so easy to encourage flipping instead of encouraging a spirit of trading or reselling at retail to spread the love. God knows I paid through my nose for those few Clacks that I covert in order to build the theme I wanted. I wish I don't have to pay so much and I've since learned that I shouldn't as demand drives the supply. I'm just saying that having one single and easy to access thread does more harm to the community as a whole.

Deviruki for instance - don't think I've seen him participate much but the moment he has a sale, the price is easily 20% more than what the after market price is. And this thread will make it easy for newbies to do so.

But you are right. It's going to happen. They are going to ask. Or search the forum. At least, they work for that :p

Offline Anonymoose

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 20:39:22 »
This thread should be burned to the ground.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 21:14:58 »
I know your point of view. It's an outlet so that people don't crap other thread with pricing questions. But this makes it so easy to encourage flipping instead of encouraging a spirit of trading or reselling at retail to spread the love. God knows I paid through my nose for those few Clacks that I covert in order to build the theme I wanted. I wish I don't have to pay so much and I've since learned that I shouldn't as demand drives the supply. I'm just saying that having one single and easy to access thread does more harm to the community as a whole.

Deviruki for instance - don't think I've seen him participate much but the moment he has a sale, the price is easily 20% more than what the after market price is. And this thread will make it easy for newbies to do so.

But you are right. It's going to happen. They are going to ask. Or search the forum. At least, they work for that :p

I'm with jdcarpe, there should be a central thread for discussing this subject. It either happens out in the open or in the background. It's no secret the prices clacks can command. I knew some rough valuations before I ever even created an account here. One of the best solutions would be if people collectively stopped buying/supporting sales with such egregious mark ups. It will never happen, but it would be a solid solution. Maybe artisans should start blacklisting users selling caps for obscene amounts.  :-\

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Anonymoose

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 21:18:16 »
"Hey guys I don't know how much this keycap is worth. I don't really value it much, so I'd sell it for the 20 bucks I originally paid"

"Oh it's worth 150? Awesome, guess I can flip a nice profit!"

even worse, "How much do you think I can get for this"

That's just silly.

Offline t2russo

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 21:20:37 »
Single-digit post account and already being salty about clacks.  Starting off on a happy foot.

Offline Anonymoose

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 21:21:24 »
Post count doesn't mean much. I've been lurking this forum for a looong time.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 21:47:13 »
This seems to have turned into the "whinging about Clack prices again" thread :(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Kayla

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 22:17:17 »
People with them dont care about the prices and people without will never have one because of people buying and reselling for profit having connections and dibs and the ability to trade around. There is nothing friendly about it. The only saving grace is you can win them sometimes; but those usually end up sold for a high price aswell. For people who only want one cool artisan cap to match their layout and then be done with it they need to basically buy a new keyboard to get one of these caps. I dont like skulls, so I dont even want a CC. CC arent the only things that are sold for grossly high prices though. Im scared once the froggies hit resale. :<

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 22:31:36 »
Quit *****ing.  Either get lucky (through 4grabs or through finding someone selling for low/retail) or start contributing and making friends.  Some of you haven't even been around long enough to QQ about not getting into a sale. 

People will do what they want with clacks regardless of whether there is a thread dedicated to it or not . It's not that hard to use the search function.
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 22:33:21 »
Quit *****ing.  Either get lucky (through 4grabs or through finding someone selling for low/retail) or start contributing and making friends.  Some of you haven't even been around long enough to QQ about not getting into a sale. 

People will do what they want with clacks regardless of whether there is a thread dedicated to it or not . It's not that hard to use the search function.
+1
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Kayla

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 22:58:25 »
Nobody is *****ing. This is reasonable discussion.

CC can sell caps at retail. Thats great. Sales by the artisans themselves help out the community by providing availability; even if they continue to produce new types its still availability at its core. The concept behind flipping the caps for a profit (basically the price of a new keyboard or an entire 104 set+ mods) is the issue here; it causes inflation which causes hoarding which decreases availability which increases demand which increases inflation. It could even put pressure on other artisans to get caps out.. which could be good or bad. In the end you end up with an unavoidable price tag on a very fancy niche artisan cap.

The availability of this information helps the process along. People who say 'no they will look and find the prices anyway' sure they will, and they will ask people.. and maybe they will get a huge amount for their July CC like a 300 dollar estimate or something and run with that. That's fine. The people who will not do that could end up actually selling for a reasonable price to someone who isnt going to turn around and auction it to the highest bidder; but now the system supplies you with the information needed to become a profiteer in a sticky.

I know the system cannot be contained; but I do feel like this thread will do more harm than good. Maybe not from a moderators perspective; since you have somewhere to throw people when they ask about clacks in the price check thread, but from the perspective of the less fortunate community members (who are people too regardless of their join date).

And, I'm going to state again; I dont want any clacks. This is just my opinion as someone who thinks Sifo's Soul is cute and dreams to have it by her bedside, on top of an umbrella in a martini glass filled with rootbeer. Obtaining any kind of artisan keycap will not change my opinions. I believe they should be sold for higher than retail because of rarity to sustain the prize mindset of having them but its kind of out of control.

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 23:33:07 »
Nobody is *****ing. This is reasonable discussion.
Maybe I'm confusing this with one of the other clack discussions.  They all kind of blur together for me.

CC can sell caps at retail.
Well yes, because he is the manufacturer and original retailer for CC's.

inflation which causes hoarding which decreases availability
I beg to differ.  For instance if we had a rule which stated that artisan caps could not be sold for more than retail price (and lets imagine its a perfect world where this is the only place to sell them), that would not make more people sell them.  People would still keep them because of how rare they are.

I do however agree that this thread probably will do more harm than good.  If anything it should just say what each clack cost at retail and say that asking for price checks on them isn't allowed, but they are allowed to list them for whatever they like.
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 23:35:30 »
Why are clacks singled out to have its own price check thread that is pinned to classifieds?

equality for all caps

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 23:52:47 »
Seeing people arguing about clacks adds more fun to clack hunting. :))
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline Kayla

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 00:35:24 »
I agree Xenderwind. =w=

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 00:47:24 »
is this some vain attempt to wrassle a volatile and fluctuating market by locking them down with ghost numbers?

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 00:52:35 »
It's going to happen either way. Those who wants to sell it at retail, will sell it at retail, we don't see bunnylake flipping those for 200$ eh? I've seen a few that isn't well known member (compared to bunnylake) selling at retail price too, and they know well how much those clacks are worth.

I believe this thread will be great help at people who wants to buy the clack, don't want to buy at the price? Well good luck looking for someone who would sell at retail (aside from the few, and clickclack himself), it will happen, I bought a clack at retail and I wouldn't flip them over at any price as I treat it as a gift more than something to profit of, I wouldn't even sell it. But what goes around comes around, it's already well established how much those clacks worth, there's nothing that you can do to hide it. It would in fact help the newbies who come on geek hack, and want to buy those clack, they would think about the amount they need to fork out for those fancy and rather rare keycap. As much as I want to buy at retail, I believe knowing the price helps a lot to understand how much I'm willing to lose before I think about if I want to buy it. I'm still waiting for someone to sell their OG tricolor mx, and I know very well how much those are worth.

Just my thought.

Rig - i3 6300, 240GB SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte H170N Wifi, 16GB DDR4, Zotac 1060 Mini, 650w SuperFlower
Monitor - HKC144hz Mouse/Mousepad/Keyboard - Zowie EC1A - Zowie GS-R - Zowie Camade - Filco TKL MX Pink

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 02:53:49 »
I'm with Brocaps on this, I don't see how this thread can exist.

If it existed for metal gear stuff that I collect there is no way I would ever be able to afford half my collection. If you have a clack to sell, you come up with a price you think is fair and sell it. If it dsnt sell you lower the price. It's worked pretty great up to now...

I know this thread existed somewhere else and I didn't agree with it there either but at least then it required work and effort to find it

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 09:09:45 »
I know this thread existed somewhere else and I didn't agree with it there either but at least then it required work and effort to find it

LOL :))

in memoriam

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 09:52:29 »
If you have a clack to sell, you come up with a price you think is fair and sell it. If it dsnt sell you lower the price. It's worked pretty great up to now...
I would agree, except as soon as people sell their CC, the original listing disapears and people have no idea how much it went for.
With most items there are plenty of examples so you can get a general idea how much it is worth.
Clacks only show up on rare occasions so there is no comparison except for the combined memory of the forum.

I did sell a CC in the past at a profit, mostly because I was really strapped for cash at the time. I didn't even have money to front the traintickets I needed to get to work. In those cases you want as much as possible.

Boohoo, sob story, I know. We used to have plenty of auctions popping up like that and everyone was fine with it. But acutions are forbidden nowadays.

Would I still do it? No, I did it once, it left a bad taste in my mouth and from now on I will sell Artisan caps at cost. (Feel free to come slap me if I ever break that promise) Besides my financial picture is a lot better right now so I don't have to.
And I consider trading just as bad as selling it for a profit and makes it even more elitist. "A Clack for a Clack or a two Clacks for a Korean Custom..."

I do however state the price I sold an item for in my FS thread. I sold it, made a profit but at least I am being transparant.
And it serves as future reference for other buyers and sellers.

Perhaps this thread should be used for that. To post prices a Clack sold for.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 June 2014, 09:56:47 by JaccoW »
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 10:54:18 »
Perhaps this thread should be used for that. To post prices a Clack sold for.

yes please
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Kayla

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 11:02:11 »
This thread will be a "What is the hgihest my cap has sold for" resource then. smh

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 11:26:49 »

LOL :))

Yeah, I was at work when I posted that and half way through the sentence got interrupted and forgot how I was going to finish it... What I meant was;

Now that it's been sticked it's essentially listed along side the rules as this is what they are worth, fact. Before it was just a random thread set up by some users. Now it's an 'official' sticked thread next to the rules.

IMO I think it's really ****ty and goes against how GH has operated and managed classfides. If you have a clack and you don't know how much it's worth, there is already a thread for people asking what things are worth..

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 11:36:16 »
From which Clacks are banned...
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 11:36:40 »
IMO I think it's really ****ty and goes against how GH has operated and managed classfides. If you have a clack and you don't know how much it's worth, there is already a thread for people asking what things are worth..

^

This thread only makes them more "special". The thread for price checking is for EVERYTHING. There doesn't need to always be one special thread for these caps. If the problem is the arguing, then moderation should handle (read: delete) that. They do know how to do that.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 12:03:49 »
So to be clear IF I need to ask what price one should expect to pay for a Domino Brobot I need to ask in the price check thread?

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 12:06:45 »
So to be clear IF I need to ask what price one should expect to pay for a Domino Brobot I need to ask in the price check thread?

Come on man I know you're better than asking things like this :/

TL;LR Don't post unless you are posting a price sold, this is not for asking prices only to show what they have sold for, with that information you can easily make a price based on your judgement of what it should be.
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 12:10:14 »
TL;LR Don't post unless you are posting a price sold, this is not for asking prices only to show what they have sold for, with that information you can easily make a price based on your judgement of what it should be.

It doesn't say that in the OP...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 12:11:26 »

^

This thread only makes them more "special". The thread for price checking is for EVERYTHING. There doesn't need to always be one special thread for these caps. If the problem is the arguing, then moderation should handle (read: delete) that. They do know how to do that.

I agree with moose on this one, why do clacks get a 'special' thread and bot brobots.....or bingecaps....or any of the rest?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 12:11:47 »

^

Oh but they are... they are so special their pricing goes beyond simple supply and demand like all the other 'pleb' artisan caps.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 12:11:56 »

I thought Bro Caps discourages selling his caps at more than retail prices?

in memoriam

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 12:14:46 »

I thought Bro Caps discourages selling his caps at more than retail prices?

And clickclack doesn't?? I know brocaps doesn't want folks profiteering but it's still a valid question.