Author Topic: Anyone seen keycaps that look like these?  (Read 3325 times)

Offline Davsmith4

Anyone seen keycaps that look like these?
« on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 20:52:00 »
Here are a few images of some quick Sketchup models I modified of the look of keycaps I would like.

Basically what im looking for is a fairly standard keycaps Just a little flatter and rounded. A bit like the yellow version of the keycaps matt3o used in BrownFox on Deskthority.

Perhaps if the place that made his makes a yellow version you could point me in the direction of those.

I dont expect to find and exact match to what im looking for just something in the same ball park thanks. :D
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 July 2015, 20:54:51 by Davsmith4 »

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
Re: Anyone seen keycaps that look like these?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 21:27:00 »
Here are a few images of some quick Sketchup models I modified of the look of keycaps I would like.
Show Image

Show Image

Basically what im looking for is a fairly standard keycaps Just a little flatter and rounded. A bit like the yellow version of the keycaps matt3o used in BrownFox on Deskthority.

Show Image

Perhaps if the place that made his makes a yellow version you could point me in the direction of those.

I dont expect to find and exact match to what im looking for just something in the same ball park thanks. :D

Those are just regular DSA keycaps.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 21:49:33 »

Offline Davsmith4

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 21:54:37 »
http://keyshop.pimpmykeyboard.com/products/blank-key-packs

look for yellow DSA

Thanks!
http://keyshop.pimpmykeyboard.com/products/blank-key-packs

look for yellow DSA

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Those are just regular DSA keycaps.

Thanks! Even though Iill probably end up going with these do you happen to know of any other ekycaps that might fit my bill?

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 22:19:23 »
Thanks! Even though Iill probably end up going with these do you happen to know of any other ekycaps that might fit my bill?

If you're looking for a flat profile, DSA is really the only mainstream option. If you're more interested in that rounded, retro look, you'll probably like SA profile as well. SA keycap sets have been produced in a flat profile:

...as well as curved profiles:

The flat profile is achieved by using all Row 3 caps, which are perfectly flat.

SA profile is experiencing a bit of a boom these days, with many recent full-profile keysets being produced (Hack'd by Geeks, SA Retro, Jukebox). Not many flat profile sets as of late, though.

Hope this helps...

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline neverused

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 23:01:03 »
If you want completely flat, signature plastics has a profile that they bill as a gaming type, g20 or something like that. I would post the link but their mobile site is completely unusable.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 02:20:10 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ