Author Topic: [IC] GMK Rudy - GB OVER  (Read 77551 times)

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
Re: [IC] GMK Rudy - Big Kit Changes!
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 11 August 2019, 19:50:06 »
This kit looks almost like my alma mater’s color so it is a must have right here!
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline ilemondrop

« Reply #101 on: Sun, 11 August 2019, 20:56:03 »
These kit changes are awesome. I'm pretty new so I don't know what's the norm, but would it be possible to get an extra "tab" key for the dark horse kit. I'm not sure if you're supposed to, but that would enable us to have basically two sets if you get the dark horse kit, one full navy and another with the normal colourway, they'd have to be slightly different layouts like a 60% WKL navy and a 65% regular. The only key needed would be tab.

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #102 on: Sun, 11 August 2019, 21:38:47 »
I had pretty much zero interest in this set until you introduced the navy alphas kit. Now it’s a must buy for me.

Offline amuri99

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 11 August 2019, 22:21:23 »
I WISH novelty kit T.T

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 08:11:27 »
I had pretty much zero interest in this set until you introduced the navy alphas kit. Now it’s a must buy for me.

Same

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
Re: [IC] GMK Rudy (Big Kit Changes!)
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 08:28:05 »
Hey Everyone!

After gauging interest and gathering feedback from the community, we've decided to scrap the Novelties kit due to a lack of interest and demand. We've replaced it with our new Dark Horse Kit, a navy alphas kit. The lack of interest is completely understandable as the crossover between mechanical keyboards and American football isn't great. We hope that you all will enjoy the Dark Horse Kit. Please continue to give us your thoughts and feedback as we are constantly trying to improve GMK Rudy!

Show Image

Given you're not shy about making significant changes to this kit (this new alphas kit looks awesome!), please also consider making minor changes as well, to correct extant errors.

And yes, I mean ISO support. As it stands now, the set neither fully supports US ISO or UK ISO, but is falling into the middle of the pond instead ("Atlantis ISO"). The fix is pretty simple: replace the R3 #~ key with an R3 \| key. With that, you'll have full support for US ISO without altering the total number of keycaps.

HTH!

Offline depletedvespene

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 08:34:28 »
These kit changes are awesome. I'm pretty new so I don't know what's the norm, but would it be possible to get an extra "tab" key for the dark horse kit. I'm not sure if you're supposed to, but that would enable us to have basically two sets if you get the dark horse kit, one full navy and another with the normal colourway, they'd have to be slightly different layouts like a 60% WKL navy and a 65% regular. The only key needed would be tab.

You'd be short of a second Home by the Sea keycap as well. And eight F keys for those of use who actually use the F row.

Offline Oni74

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 11:01:55 »
Hey Everyone!

After gauging interest and gathering feedback from the community, we've decided to scrap the Novelties kit due to a lack of interest and demand. We've replaced it with our new Dark Horse Kit, a navy alphas kit. The lack of interest is completely understandable as the crossover between mechanical keyboards and American football isn't great. We hope that you all will enjoy the Dark Horse Kit. Please continue to give us your thoughts and feedback as we are constantly trying to improve GMK Rudy!

Show Image

Given you're not shy about making significant changes to this kit (this new alphas kit looks awesome!), please also consider making minor changes as well, to correct extant errors.

And yes, I mean ISO support. As it stands now, the set neither fully supports US ISO or UK ISO, but is falling into the middle of the pond instead ("Atlantis ISO"). The fix is pretty simple: replace the R3 #~ key with an R3 \| key. With that, you'll have full support for US ISO without altering the total number of keycaps.

HTH!
Really appreciate the dark horse kit addition. It makes a big deal forward and peaks my interest.

I do, however, recommend you split out numpad from base kit. Many people in the community do not need/want it, and forcing people to pay more for the things they don't need/want is just not appreciated.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 11:49:31 »
I really like the dark alphas kit. I think I prefer it over the white alphas.

Will you still be selling the shamrock RAMA caps?

Offline sapphyr

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 12:25:43 »
The 45 key shown in the U80-A renders? What kit is that part of? Or is that a remnant of previous renders and that key is no more?

Offline Waffle0508

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 12:30:20 »
The 45 key shown in the U80-A renders? What kit is that part of? Or is that a remnant of previous renders and that key is no more?
Remnant of the dead novelties keycap set. More information on discord

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Offline sapphyr

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 13:01:47 »
Remnant of the dead novelties keycap set. More information on discord

Awesome - thanks.

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #112 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 15:04:39 »
I absolutely love the new Dark Horse Kit (Navy Alphas)!

Fantastic work.

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 17:55:19 »
Any chance of a 1.5 super key or two for MacOS focused 7u spacebar bottom rows? I was hoping to put this on a Rama U80-A and put one of the 1.5u shamrock novelties to the left of spacebar to use as a win/command key, but without the novelties, the kit doesn't fit that use case.

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 17:58:50 »
This kit looks almost like my alma mater’s color so it is a must have right here!

Navy and white or navy and gold?

Offline mrkantz

« Reply #115 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 19:25:40 »
Dark horse looks so good

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #116 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 20:03:22 »

Navy and white or navy and gold?
Navy and gold!
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline Warrenified

« Reply #117 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 20:46:03 »
May you do a render of dark horse with the gold accents, that will determine if I go full dark horse.

More Dark Horse Kit renders are in the works! This will be one of them.

That Rudy enter key is beyond amazing. Could you at least keep that in the base kit? We can do another poll again to see the interest?  :thumb:

I'm sorry, but the only novelty we're considering bringing back is the shamrock/clover. And if we do, it'd be in the base kit.

Hey Everyone!

Show Image

HTH!

Our ISO keys in the base kit will not be changing as of now, sorry. This conclusion was made after talking to ISO users and getting their feedback.

I don't care much for American football (heck, I don't even care for regular football), but I really liked the shamrock novelties. Would it at least be possible to keep some of those, e.g. in the base kit as alternatives for the Super keys?

We are in the talks about possibly implementing the shamrock/clover novelties into the base kit.

What's the material for the gold rama cap? Looks like brass in the render? Either way, so excited for this set. It's going to go perfectly with the blue and gold Rama U80-A.

You're right! The Gold RAMA cap will be made of brass.

This is a great idea and one that we are seriously considering after reading your comment! Thank you for your feedback :)

Offline depletedvespene

« Reply #118 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 21:19:37 »

HTH!

Our ISO keys in the base kit will not be changing as of now, sorry. This conclusion was made after talking to ISO users and getting their feedback.

Where are these ISO users you speak of that gave you (presumably positive) feedback about keeping Atlantis ISO? Because that's nowhere to be seen in this IC thread... in KeebTalk, perhaps?

Offline Warrenified

« Reply #119 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 22:24:58 »

HTH!

Where are these ISO users you speak of that gave you (presumably positive) feedback about keeping Atlantis ISO? Because that's nowhere to be seen in this IC thread... in KeebTalk, perhaps?

Discord servers such as TopClack. GH threads are not the only source of feedback. In fact, most feedback is given through discord if anything. Hope you understand, and again, thank you for your thoughts.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
« Reply #120 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 22:47:21 »
Do you plan on adding split space (just 2.75u and 2.25u) blue spacebars into the blue alphas? I like the look of all blue and the board I would use it on only supports split space. :(

Offline Warrenified

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 23:04:56 »
Do you plan on adding split space (just 2.75u and 2.25u) blue spacebars into the blue alphas? I like the look of all blue and the board I would use it on only supports split space. :(

We will not be adding split spacebars to the Dark Horse Kit because that'd make the kit far more expensive; expensive enough that we think it will deter people from buying it. We are hoping that the shift keys from the Base Kit will do! Sorry about that :(

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 23:11:28 »
Dark Horse kit looks amazing. Pricing will be concerning considering how much VoC’s purple alphas are.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
« Reply #123 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 23:18:21 »

We will not be adding split spacebars to the Dark Horse Kit because that'd make the kit far more expensive; expensive enough that we think it will deter people from buying it. We are hoping that the shift keys from the Base Kit will do! Sorry about that :(

Damn, well I guess I will have to pass on this. I can't do shift keys as spacebars personally. Was almost perfect for a keyboard I have coming in  :'(.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #124 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 23:31:24 »

HTH!

Discord servers such as TopClack. GH threads are not the only source of feedback. In fact, most feedback is given through discord if anything. Hope you understand, and again, thank you for your thoughts.

I agree with depleted vespene, if you're changing up everything else, It would be cool to switch up ISO! Iso users will always be torn. Depending on who you ask you'll get a different answer, but whoever told you to offer one third of an ISO layout ONLY, is not someone I can agree with.

My suggestion would be to offer full ISO US, as seen in my basekits, as it's the best way to offer a complete ISO layout in 4 keys, not to mention it's the most visually pleasing combination (subjective). Please don't do double pipeslash, as someone else suggested.

Happy to see the uniform alphas, looks sick!
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 August 2019, 00:04:08 by Emir »

Offline lolafineday

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 23:43:13 »

Damn, well I guess I will have to pass on this. I can't do shift keys as spacebars personally. Was almost perfect for a keyboard I have coming in  :'(.
Same for me honestly

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline Warrenified

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 23:49:21 »

HTH!

I agree with depleted vespene, if you're changing up everything else, It would be cool to switch up ISO! Iso users will always be torn. Depending on who you ask you'll get a different answer, but whoever told you to offer one third of an ISO layout ONLY, is not someone I can agree with.

My suggestion would be to offer full ISO US, as seen in my basekits, as it's the best way to offer a complete ISO layout in 4 keys, not to mention it's the most visually pleasing combination (subjective). Please don't do double pipeslash, as someone else suggested.

Happy to see the uniform alphas, looks sick!

I appreciate your feedback. I was very specific in my response to depletedvespene. I said the ISO keys in our base will not be changing "as of now". That means that, as of now, we are satisfied with our base kit and its compatibility. This does not mean that the door for changes is shut.
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 August 2019, 00:45:08 by Warrenified »

Offline DAzz

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 00:10:21 »
Why?!? Why!?! Why!?! OMG! I really like the Novelties kit. This makes it more suitable for the theme of this keycaps!Don't delete this kit!

Offline depletedvespene

« Reply #128 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 06:04:59 »

Okay, this convinces me I need to write the "field guide" I've been thinking about, to explain in detail what ISO support is, what is it not, and why "Atlantis ISO" is wrong (given that actual people who prefer ISO choose to go with it and don't actually know better).

I'll send you a PM to explain this further, to avoid mudding this particular thread.

Offline Waffle0508

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 06:22:21 »
Why?!? Why!?! Why!?! OMG! I really like the Novelties kit. This makes it more suitable for the theme of this keycaps!Don't delete this kit!
I also liked the novelties but not everyone did and more people benefit from dark horse. More info in the discord

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 11:02:21 »
That Rudy enter key is beyond amazing. Could you at least keep that in the base kit? We can do another poll again to see the interest?  :thumb:

I'm sorry, but the only novelty we're considering bringing back is the shamrock/clover. And if we do, it'd be in the base kit.

Please keep the shamrock novelties (preferably 1.5u as well as 1.25u). They give the set so much more character than just being navy, actually tying it to its namesake. Plus, they improve the set's bottom row versatility, and without them, the Rama cap matches the basekit only in color. The shamrock Rama cap made more sense when it matched the shamrock novelties. For whatever it's worth, I would absolutely pay more for the shamrocks to be included in the base kit. I'm a sucker for navy (my favorite color), so I'll be joining the GB either way. I would definitely prefer it with the shamrocks though.

Also, great work! This is going to be a beautiful set!

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #131 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 11:09:06 »
As mentioned before, +1 for shamrock novelties in the base kit.
Also +1 for replacing R3 #~ with R3 \| for ISO.

Offline jasonex64

« Reply #133 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 11:58:33 »
colors are nice but i don’t like football, good luck though!

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #134 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 12:04:07 »
What's the material for the gold rama cap? Looks like brass in the render? Either way, so excited for this set. It's going to go perfectly with the blue and gold Rama U80-A.

Very cool! Raw brass or PVD coated like their other brass products to resist tarnishing?

Offline ogWalker

« Reply #135 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 12:15:22 »

Very cool! Raw brass or PVD coated like their other brass products to resist tarnishing?

It is brass with a gold pvd finish :D

Offline Waffle0508

« Reply #136 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 02:02:05 »
Another +1 for shamrock novelties in base kit.

Also maaaybe the Rudy enter because it looks amazing although I understand if it can't make the cut

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #137 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 13:13:20 »
Was looking over the kits for min. ortho support and noticed that your spacebar kit needs a 1.25u key. That's quite common in split builds.

As for min. ortho support, you'd only need to add 4, 1u keys for basic support:

R2: Out
R3: Data or Read
R4: Shift, Enter

That's it. You can grab a 2u spacebar from the spacebar kit and all other r4 1u keys are in the base. The r1 and r2 molds exist thanks to Carbon and Pulse.

Please consider. Thanks!
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 August 2019, 18:34:21 by nasp »

Offline Waffle0508

« Reply #138 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 13:57:11 »

Was looking over the kits for min. ortho support and noticed that your spacebar kit needs a 1.25u key. That's quite common in split builds.

As for min. ortho support, you'd only need to add 4, 1u keys for basic support:

R1: Out
R2: Data or Read
R3: Shift, Enter

That's it. You can grab a 2u spacebar from the spacebar kit and all other r4 1u keys are in the base. The r1 and r2 molds exist thanks to Carbon and Pulse.

Please consider. Thanks!

Going off what Nasp said about Ortho compatibility. If you make those 4 keys the shamrock keys you kill two birds with one stone. Maybe the r1 key

Offline lolafineday

« Reply #139 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 15:24:31 »
Can't stop thinking of dark horse alphas

Offline Gtrx

« Reply #140 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 08:00:33 »
NE proper ISO AVAIL?

Offline Pluto19

• All who break the taboo will be eliminated.
« Reply #141 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 23:43:08 »
Any updates or announcements?

Offline ogWalker

« Reply #142 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 12:12:56 »
Any updates or announcements?

nothing currently, deskmats maybe will be next.

Offline gotemall

« Reply #143 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 18:18:22 »
Best Keycap set color/combo on this whole site (in my humble opinion), yet its the one thats taking the longest to actually come out, sigh......

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #144 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 18:35:44 »
Made an error in the ortho rows. They should have been shifted down a row. I modified my earlier message to reflect the accurate rows.

Thank you for considering.

Offline ogWalker

« Reply #145 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 08:11:30 »
Hey all, ogWalker here

So as many of you know I am the Walker that designed and GMK Rudy and have been working on it with Warren. We share the same thought process, and have been great partners thus far on this project. However, I have said some controversial things in the past and gained some dislikeness from some people around the community. I have been actively working on being a better person, however I don't want Rudy to be negatively affected by this, so I am stepping down from the project. I would like to take this time to reflect on myself and strive to be a better person moving forward, and with upcoming projects I am working on. I am very confident in Warren and Upas moving forward with this, and the direction this set is headed in. Lastly, just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who has supported the set thus far, it's greatly appreciated <3.

Offline Capsy

« Reply #146 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 08:55:19 »
Hey all, ogWalker here

So as many of you know I am the Walker that designed and GMK Rudy and have been working on it with Warren. We share the same thought process, and have been great partners thus far on this project. However, I have said some controversial things in the past and gained some dislikeness from some people around the community. I have been actively working on being a better person, however I don't want Rudy to be negatively affected by this, so I am stepping down from the project. I would like to take this time to reflect on myself and strive to be a better person moving forward, and with upcoming projects I am working on. I am very confident in Warren and Upas moving forward with this, and the direction this set is headed in. Lastly, just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who has supported the set thus far, it's greatly appreciated <3.
Well that stinks.

I'm out.

Offline lolafineday

« Reply #147 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 09:10:44 »
Hey all, ogWalker here

respect

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #148 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 17:49:42 »
Hey all, ogWalker here

Sad to see you step down my friend because you're one of the kindest dudes I know, but gmk rudy will still be great and looking forward to support your future sets! Thanks for making the right decision.

Offline Warrenified

Re: [IC] GMK Rudy - Deskmat Design Announcement!
« Reply #149 on: Fri, 27 September 2019, 17:16:57 »
Hey all,

Just added our final deskmat design with some renders of a 910 on it. Hope you all enjoy it!