Author Topic: Free 3D models of SA Profile key caps  (Read 10848 times)

Offline ocodo

Free 3D models of SA Profile key caps
« on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 06:56:35 »
Hello there, I spent some of my weekend putting together a set of 3D models for the Signature Plastics SA profile

They're built from scratch in Inkscape (to plan out the geometry), OpenSCAD (to programmatically create the 3D models) and blender, to put them in a usable 3D scene.

I still need to do some fine tuning, as more OCD readers will agree. However I'm releasing them today, and hope they'll be useful to people in our lovely keyboard enthusiast community.

https://github.com/getclacking/SA-profile-keys-3D-models

Hope you enjoy.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
Re: Free 3D models of SA Profile key caps
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 07:37:48 »
Beautiful. Please consider making some Cherry profile models too.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline phruitpie

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 08:05:12 »
Great work, this makes me want to design a set just so I can view those sweet renders.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 19:51:06 »
Excellent!

But you should have posted it here :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline _joe_king

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 20:33:29 »
These look fantastic!!!

Offline titaniumsack

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 15:53:58 »
just wondering do you happen to have the model for a mx row 2 or 4 2u keycap?