Author Topic: [GB] GMK Barebones Stormtrooper (Complete)  (Read 228292 times)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: [GB] GMK Barebones Stormtrooper
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 11:53:14 »
I really wanted to do Paypal, but with accounts being frozen, I want to err on the side of caution for payment.

This was a concern raised by many in the initial days of the GB. PayPal isn't very lenient toward large runs for pre-orders; are you able to front the funds for the orders placed through PayPal since it looks like those funds won't be applicable toward the final payment to GMK?

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 11:54:09 »
How will the Euro taxes be dealt with if it ships to/from USA?

I was going to list the value at $25 and 'keyboard parts,' but I am open to suggestions.  I'm not very familiar with EU taxes, maybe I can find a proxy to make things easier for you all?  I'm not sure if that will work since there are so many countries there.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 11:58:56 »
I really wanted to do Paypal, but with accounts being frozen, I want to err on the side of caution for payment.

This was a concern raised by many in the initial days of the GB. PayPal isn't very lenient toward large runs for pre-orders; are you able to front the funds for the orders placed through PayPal since it looks like those funds won't be applicable toward the final payment to GMK?

That's why I will be using Stripe instead.  I have a dedicated checking account set up for this (as to not mix my money with the GBs).

If I had $15,000-$20,000 to front, I wouldn't be doing a group buy, I'd just order them and sell them for a profit.  I'm doing this so people can get a set of GMK caps that supports most layouts for an affordable price.  I got screwed by Ivan and I'm just trying to make a good GMK group buy happen.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 12:57:44 »

OK, so I've spoken with my hosting provider.  I'll be using a hosted PCI-compliant solution that will accept both Credit Cards and Paypal.  The back-end processing is done by Stripe and the eCommerce portion will be hosted by GoDaddy.  As soon as the group buy hits MoQ, I'll be sending out directions on payment.  I hope this is an acceptable solution, I'm updating the description/log with the information.

Offline ba7777

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 19:16:33 »
Maybe add R1 'delete' 'end' and 'pgdn' keys to surpport 1800 layout please?
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 June 2016, 19:20:24 by ba7777 »

Offline ba7777

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 19:17:47 »
sorry, triple post, **** happens.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 June 2016, 19:19:37 by ba7777 »

Offline ba7777

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 19:18:32 »
Double post. Snip

Offline WhitePlate

• First Grader of Nobody
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 12:02:35 »
I submitted an order a couple of days ago but I haven't received any invoice?

Offline Porkins

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 12:05:01 »

The group buy isn't closed yet. He has a schedule posted on the original post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Custom KC60

Offline WhitePlate

• First Grader of Nobody
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 12:21:30 »

The group buy isn't closed yet. He has a schedule posted on the original post.

Ok thanks I was worried that I didn't make it in time

Offline Jedi

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 00:11:44 »
Is there any way to promote this GB on the China TaoBao site to gather up the needed 70 orders to make this happen?

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 11:56:34 »
Hi Group Buy Members!

Thank you for supporting this group buy.  We are up to 96 orders!  We are almost at MoQ and we still have a few more weeks until it closes.  About that...  I'm a dumbass and forgot to schedule my vacation into the group buy.  I will still have online access during that time, but will be remote and don't want to spend my vacation with my girlfriend doing invoices.  Please note the schedule change above.

Payment details have been worked out and will be a minimal cost to me to do processing aside from the 3% Paypal/CCs will take.

Please let me know if you have any questions.  I'm very excited for the opportunity to provide a community-driven, low-cost GMK set.  I hope you are enjoying your summer!  :cool:

Matthew

Offline Possessed Gamer

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 12:26:26 »
So let me get this straight for $100 you get the keyset with all of those add on kits and the keycaps are doubleshot ABS GMK keycaps? Am I missing something?

Offline -pineapple-

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 12:34:55 »
So let me get this straight for $100 you get the keyset with all of those add on kits and the keycaps are doubleshot ABS GMK keycaps? Am I missing something?
Correct. $100 + shipping costs for the set if it gets to 150 orders.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 12:51:57 »

That's it!  I've updated the schedule above.  Once we receive enough orders, I'll collect money via a secure web storefront with your choice of Paypal or CC.  After that, I wire the money to GMK, they produce the caps, they ship them to me, then I ship them to you!  I have instituted a 3rd Party arbitrator to confirm what I am doing for added assurance to the community.  Enjoy!

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 10:18:18 »
Any chance of Row 1 Delete, End, Pg Dn being added to support 1800, 75%, etc layouts?

herro?

The set has the appropriate "+" for the 1800 numpad layout, not including the correct profile Delete, End, and Pg Dn seems like an oversight.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 June 2016, 10:20:36 by danielucf »
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline soilheart

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 11:37:38 »
Any chance of Row 1 Delete, End, Pg Dn being added to support 1800, 75%, etc layouts?

herro?

The set has the appropriate "+" for the 1800 numpad layout, not including the correct profile Delete, End, and Pg Dn seems like an oversight.

Some of us don't care that much about profiles as long as the correct legends are included.
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 11:44:10 »

herro?

Herro.  Me so ronery, but vewy busy.  I missed your post.  Sorry about that. 

This first round did not have 1800 users in mind.  I had to trim support for some layouts and wanted to support our ISO brethren while keeping the set sub-$100.  If this is successful, I will be doing another round, but with these responses in mind.  So far, I have request for:

• 1800 Support - R1 Delete, End, PgDn
  • Plank/FC600M - Two left shifts

Existing Support:
  • ANSI
  • ISO
  • TKL
  • 60% - ISO and ANSI
  • 40% - SmallFry/JD40
  • HHKB
  • Tsangan/Winkeyless - with stepped Caps

I dunno, I'm pretty happy with how the set turned out for the price.  Again, apologies for not including 1800.

MaNiFeX

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 11:46:34 »
sorry, triple post, **** happens.

Best things come in threes, right?

Offline tedk

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 12:30:38 »
im in  ;D

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 13:14:34 »
:(

No 1800 support also cuts out Compaq SQ and other similar board layouts, and many 75% layout options. Potentially some 65% layouts as well. Realistically what would it cost for the roughly 450+ keys to be added to 150+ sets? Maybe the few of us that want the layout can contribute something like $20 each to get it added without inflating the price of the base set.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 15:46:48 »
i would love to see 1800 and FC660M support added. not sure why these keys would not be included but all the ISO keys are. imo, the more complete the kit, the better for everyone. is the price increase that much for 5 or 6 more keys?

Offline wodan

« Reply #72 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 02:07:20 »
GMK @150MOQ is usually 1$ per additional key.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #73 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 11:45:34 »
GMK @150MOQ is usually 1$ per additional key.

I imagine adding on to a set that already has well over 100 keys would be less though.

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 12:09:54 »
If extra keys are being added, a 1.25u Alt Gr key would be great.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 13:02:14 »
If extra keys are being added, a 1.25u Alt Gr key would be great.

would like to see this instead of 1.25 Alt - NOT an additional cap

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 19:42:59 »
Any chance of a black on yellow enter and esc accent set? :D :D :D

Offline Damonskv

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 26 June 2016, 13:03:03 »
HI, any updates?

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 12:31:17 »
HI, any updates?

Yes! We've hit 100/150 orders.  50 more to make this happen.  No keys to be added this time around, though.  Sorry guys!  If I can get this set made, I'll be doing a more expensive follow up with many added options.  This is my first GB and I want to keep it simple so I can be sure to be successful.  Once I've successfully done a 'simple' group buy, I'll be doing a more complex one with optional add-ons.  Not anything as crazy as Round 5 or anything, but definitely with all the suggestions here plus some nice black on yellow or yellow on black keys.

Offline blighty

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 04:16:46 »
I find it odd that this buy chose to support hhkb keys for a super small subset of users.  I wonder how many of the 100 people who ordered will use this set (ever) on a hhkb-type layout. 
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 June 2016, 04:19:01 by blighty »
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline geniekid

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 09:05:20 »
I find it odd that this buy chose to support hhkb keys for a super small subset of users.  I wonder how many of the 100 people who ordered will use this set (ever) on a hhkb-type layout.

HHKB is the only reason I bought in.  With the number of GMK GBs running these days, I've gotten a lot more selective about layout support.  I am, of course, just one data point.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 09:22:19 »
I think having HHKB-layout compatibility is one of the first set of extra keys you add to a set.

Offline blighty

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 09:45:19 »
I think having HHKB-layout compatibility is one of the first set of extra keys you add to a set.

A "barebones" set that covers a custom layout is fine, just not the most appropriate name?  This buy covers most layouts besides the one I use (75%), so my wallet is thankful to not have to buy another keyset that will end up unused (my GMK cyan set just sits in a bag) .  I'm sure more orders will come in for this set though, because it supports so many layouts.
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 09:29:09 »

Yes! We've hit 100/150 orders.  50 more to make this happen.  No keys to be added this time around, though.  Sorry guys!  If I can get this set made, I'll be doing a more expensive follow up with many added options.  This is my first GB and I want to keep it simple so I can be sure to be successful.  Once I've successfully done a 'simple' group buy, I'll be doing a more complex one with optional add-ons.  Not anything as crazy as Round 5 or anything, but definitely with all the suggestions here plus some nice black on yellow or yellow on black keys.

When you say more add-ons is it still on BoW colors? Or you will run another design?
Really hope seeing GMK planck/preonic mods in the future. And Colemak add-on too.

Offline smart5088

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 13:01:55 »
group buy order page particapate.

How to shipping address write?

Offline lovestream1989

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 13:07:17 »
Join this GB and wish it can reach MOQ :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline manofinterests

• Manofinterests Youtube
« Reply #86 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 15:44:46 »
Is the current Order Total up to date?

Offline maximm

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 16:05:12 »
Hi, this is taking too long for me, so im going with other sets.

Offline masterbei

« Reply #88 on: Thu, 14 July 2016, 09:58:31 »
Any update?

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 14 July 2016, 11:20:43 »

When you say more add-ons is it still on BoW colors? Or you will run another design?
Really hope seeing GMK planck/preonic mods in the future. And Colemak add-on too.

Thank you for your input.  I really wanted a simple CTRL-ALT or Originative style set for my first group buy to keep it simple, as you can understand, this is no small undertaking (especially being a single dad with another full time job, lol).  Next one will most likely be this design, with colored mods - orange, black, etc.  Maybe a rebel set?  With add-ons.  Nothing like 8bit's buys or anything, but more traditional options.  May run it myself or host it elsewhere.

Gotta put my toes in the water before my balls.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #90 on: Thu, 14 July 2016, 11:22:20 »
Any update?

Back from vacation.  Apologies for the silence, but I was in the Vermont 'mountains' and on airplanes and ****. 

120 sets ordered.  Setting up payment now in anticipation of hitting MOQ.   :p

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 14 July 2016, 11:31:30 »
Extended GB to hit MOQ.  Sweetening the pot: giving away a stock NovaTouch to one Group Buy member.  No need to do anything.  Will announce winner at end of group buy.   :-*

Offline priyadi

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 15 July 2016, 02:37:17 »
In for one!
Boards: Filco TKL+HID Liberation, Infinity 60%, Sentraq S60-X, Whitefox, Ergodox, Planck.
Member of the flat keyboard society.
Keycap manifesto: "Key sets without vendor neutral Super key are worthless"

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #93 on: Fri, 15 July 2016, 11:40:54 »

Our beliefs align.  I can feel the force is strong with this one.   >:D

Offline priyadi

« Reply #94 on: Fri, 15 July 2016, 12:30:23 »
Our beliefs align.  I can feel the force is strong with this one.   >:D

Yeah, I find their lack of faith disturbing :). If this one is a success, I think we should attempt for WoB version of this. Despite of abundance of WoB set in the market, there's absolutely nothing fitting that requirement.

GMK Barebones Darth Vader? :)
Boards: Filco TKL+HID Liberation, Infinity 60%, Sentraq S60-X, Whitefox, Ergodox, Planck.

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 05:05:10 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 08:49:45 by Khers »

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 11:35:59 »
I gave in to temptation a couple of days ago and put an order in. I need this set! :)

MWAHAHAHAHA! ;D

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 11:37:51 »
130 orders!  Two more weeks, I think we'll be hitting MOQ. :p

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 12:29:06 »
Matt, shine my shoes!

Yeah you go Matt, get dem orders.
Out-ed
Unforgivable
Edit: I just want to sort caps and huff plastics.

Looks like we might just get to huff the GMK plastic fumes...  They are sorting for us.  I'm still down to sit around and smell the GMK dankness.

Offline priyadi

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 13:16:00 »
This is probably too far fetched at this point. but how about R4 1¼U diamond mod using the new mold by GMK HADapter?