Author Topic: [Shipped] Billiards Double Shot Keycap Group Buy  (Read 112389 times)

Offline muguts

[Production] Billiards Double Shot Keycap Group Buy
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 13:54:17 »
so can i ask something, for us to reach the 250 mark on the 1-15 set does that mean only 17 people have to commit to buy that set to reach that mark, or am i completely retarded?
CM Storm Quickfire w/ Blues | Thermaltake Meka G1 w/ Blacks[/size]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #101 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 13:55:58 »
Quote from: muguts;584946
so can i ask something, for us to reach the 250 mark on the 1-15 set does that mean only 17 people have to commit to buy that set to reach that mark, or am i completely retarded?

Unfortunately that is not accurate.  We need to have 250 people buy the entire set to get that price.  250 may be a longshot, but if we get to 50 sets it seems like a nobrainer to have everyone double their order for a few dollars more.

Offline muguts

« Reply #102 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 14:42:30 »
i only have a fistful of dollars
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline muguts

« Reply #103 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 14:48:56 »
i put myself down for a 9-ball set. if by some miracle we reach good numbers on the 15 set i'll switch my order
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline njvz

« Reply #104 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 14:53:16 »
does anyone know if someone has posted this for the koreans?
Boards: Noppoo Choc Mini | Leopold TKL | KBTalking Pure | Rosewill RK-9000 | IBM model M | Filco Ninja Majestouch FS
Filco Ninja Majestouch FS

Offline kwang2009

« Reply #105 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 14:54:25 »
What kinda pace are we on? Are we doing better than some of the top tier GBs?

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #106 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 15:01:06 »
Quote from: kwang2009;584996
What kinda pace are we on? Are we doing better than some of the top tier GBs?

Great on orders, but since most orders are for 1 set, we are slowly chipping away at the MOQs.

When its just one key, people tend to get 2-10 of them, but a whole set is a more expensive proposition.

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #107 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 15:27:32 »
Now officially half way to 15-bal set!

Offline Soarer

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #108 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 15:34:10 »
I'm in for the full set! It had better make the MOQ!

Quote from: muguts;584987
i put myself down for a 9-ball set. if by some miracle we reach good numbers on the 15 set i'll switch my order

If too many people think like that, it'll never make good numbers on the 15 :-/

Offline muguts

« Reply #109 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 15:35:09 »
yeah but i'm sorry i'm not prepared to drop $50 on 16 keys, i can commit to buy and then bail when we dont reach it but i think that would just give everyone false hope
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Soarer

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #110 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 15:39:48 »
Well, maybe.

Hey i3 - how would the prices look if there were 50x 16-key and 50x 10-key sets? Would that bring the 16-key set down a bit?

Offline muguts

« Reply #111 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 15:46:02 »
yeah wouldnt 50x 16-key sets actually add to the existing 10-key sets? like he's saying the 50 9-ball buyers get the 100 set price but the 50 16 ball buyers still pay the 50 set price?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #112 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 15:48:31 »
Quote from: Soarer;585036
Well, maybe.

Hey i3 - how would the prices look if there were 50x 16-key and 50x 10-key sets? Would that bring the 16-key set down a bit?

It most certainly will.  I am tracking each key individually so the price will be determined by how many of each key is ordered either in a set or individually.  That is why I put the disclaimer of "Worst Case Scenario" on the set prices.

Once we hit 50 for each I will post the current set prices.  8-ball is 2 short of 50 right now!

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #113 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 15:54:52 »
Quote from: Soarer;585032
If too many people think like that, it'll never make good numbers on the 15 :-/

Quote from: muguts;585033
yeah but i'm sorry i'm not prepared to drop $50 on 16 keys, i can commit to buy and then bail when we dont reach it but i think that would just give everyone false hope

Thats why it's better to place the order for the 15 pcs set and if it doesn't hit the tier you want you can switch over to the other 9-ball set, this way the GB organizer and everyone else can see how close we are instead of having to keep track of all the people that MIGHT go in if it reaches a certain amount.
Keyboardless

Offline muguts

« Reply #114 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 15:57:04 »
yeah but if it doesnt reach the tier i want, and i back out, and if others do the same as me, then someone who didnt want say a 150 tier only 100 tier, people like me backing out jeopardizes the people who are content with the lower tiers
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #115 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 16:00:20 »
Quote from: muguts;585054
yeah but if it doesnt reach the tier i want, and i back out, and if others do the same as me, then someone who didnt want say a 150 tier only 100 tier, people like me backing out jeopardizes the people who are content with the lower tiers

Yes, but if we look at it your way, only 100 people order but 60 people are tempted to order if it hits 150 sets but it would never hit it because of the 60 people that didn't sign up. If you have a realistic tier amount then it's fine, if we don't hit it I really doubt that many would cancel.

You have a chance to cancel near the end of the GB so then the GB organizer can re-evaluate the situation to see what to do next, I mean if your expectation is 500 sets then I'm pretty sure we won't hit it.

In all situtations its better to order first then back out later, you can even tell your GB organizer that if it doesn't reach X amount I might back out that way everyone knows, its a lot easier to do that then go if we hit X amount so and so will go in and if we hit Y amount these other people will join
Keyboardless

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #116 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 16:03:59 »
Quote from: tsangan;585057
Yes, but if we look at it your way, only 100 people order but 60 people are tempted to order if it hits 150 sets but it would never hit it because of the 60 people that didn't sign up. If you have a realistic tier amount then it's fine, if we don't hit it I really doubt that many would cancel.

You have a chance to cancel near the end of the GB so then the GB organizer can re-evaluate the situation to see what to do next, I mean if your expectation is 500 sets then I'm pretty sure we won't hit it.

In all situtations its better to order first then back out later, you can even tell your GB organizer that if it doesn't reach X amount I might back out that way everyone knows, its a lot easier to do that then go if we hit X amount so and so will go in and if we hit Y amount these other people will join

Well put.  Considering we are only 2 days into the GB and we have 31 buyers already, I want to say prices will get reasonable.

Now if our friends from Korea want to wake up.... :eyebrows:  Is billiards popular in Korea?

Offline Soarer

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #117 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 16:05:21 »
Quote from: muguts;585044
yeah wouldnt 50x 16-key sets actually add to the existing 10-key sets? like he's saying the 50 9-ball buyers get the 100 set price but the 50 16 ball buyers still pay the 50 set price?

If I'm right... the 9-ballers would pay the 100x price, and the 15-ballers would pay that plus the 50x price pro-rata for the extra 6 balls. Roughly. And that's not counting any other reduction from single-ball purchases.

edit: Roughly $38 for the 15-ballers, in that case (of 50x each set).

Quote from: i3oilermaker;585048
It most certainly will.  I am tracking each key individually so the price will be determined by how many of each key is ordered either in a set or individually.  That is why I put the disclaimer of "Worst Case Scenario" on the set prices.

Once we hit 50 for each I will post the current set prices.  8-ball is 2 short of 50 right now!

Cool!
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 April 2012, 16:12:32 by Soarer »

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #118 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 16:05:30 »
Quote from: i3oilermaker;585060
Now if our friends from Korea want to wake up.... :eyebrows:  Is billiards popular in Korea?
It was posted on OTD
Keyboardless

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #119 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 16:06:36 »
Quote from: Soarer;585061
If I'm right... the 9-ballers would pay the 100x price, and the 15-ballers would pay that plus the 50x price pro-rata for the extra 6 balls. Roughly. And that's not counting any other reduction from single-ball purchases.

That is correct

Offline muguts

« Reply #120 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 16:11:55 »
i'll put an order down 1-tier before we reach my goal-tier not after
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #121 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 16:18:58 »
Quote from: muguts;585072
i'll put an order down 1-tier before we reach my goal-tier not after
That is also more work because if the GB organizer does not reach your goal tier in total that would be two changes on top of initial order, first change to add the set and second change to take off the set.

My method gets the best count as to who's in and if a change needs to be made it would just be one change to remove. While you might not think much of it, having hundreds of of members making multiple changes gets quite annoying.
Keyboardless

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #122 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 16:28:11 »
[video=youtube;h5PrrVt34Mw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5PrrVt34Mw[/video]

great scene
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline muguts

« Reply #123 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 16:35:42 »
Quote from: tsangan;585075
That is also more work because if the GB organizer does not reach your goal tier in total that would be two changes on top of initial order, first change to add the set and second change to take off the set.

My method gets the best count as to who's in and if a change needs to be made it would just be one change to remove. While you might not think much of it, having hundreds of of members making multiple changes gets quite annoying.

i've already placed an order for a 9ball set. so right now it looks like you're trying to persuade me to make more work for the organizer at the same time you're trying to persuade me not to make more work for him. so i can cancel my 9ball order, place one for the 15-ball now, and then when it doesnt reach my mark i can cancel that one and put one back on the 9. or i can wait for the light at the end of the tunnel and order a 15-set and hopefully reach my goal then come back and cancel the 9. or i can keep my 9 order because its already pretty much reached my goal, not bother with the 15 because its not likely to reach my goal anyway, and i've not made any extra work for the organizer at all
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 April 2012, 16:38:19 by muguts »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #124 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 16:38:16 »
muguts, trust us -- it is better to order your ideal order up front.  You can cancel or reduce later if it becomes clear that the buy is not reaching the tier you want.

Offline muguts

« Reply #125 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 16:44:34 »
well which is it then? make more work for the organizer or not? the only way i wont make more work for him is to not have my ideal order at this point because i've already ordered a 9-ball set. the whole idea in this was that i wouldnt be making more work for boilermaker from the start and i've got people telling me on one 1 hand i should bite the bullet and make more work for him and then on the other telling me i shouldnt
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline muguts

« Reply #126 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 16:46:15 »
its not that i dont trust you guys i know i'm new to this, its just that you're giving me advice that contradicts itself
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #127 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 16:46:36 »
Quote from: muguts;585091
well which is it then? make more work for the organizer or not? the only way i wont make more work for him is to not have my ideal order at this point because i've already ordered a 9-ball set. the whole idea in this was that i wouldnt be making more work for boilermaker from the start and i've got people telling me on one 1 hand i should bite the bullet and make more work for him and then on the other telling me i shouldnt
My example was to always order the amount you desire and not if it X tier then order, and instead of order then changing it when we are 1 tier before your goal tier and then changing again if we don't hit it.

Since you have already ordered the 9ball but I still do suggest you order the full 15 set if you are interested solely because it's a lot easier to keep track and encourages more people to do the same instead of holding off till their goal tier.
Keyboardless

Offline muguts

« Reply #128 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 16:48:06 »
ok thank you sorry if i confused anyone esp myself
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #129 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 16:51:33 »
Quote from: muguts;585098

No problem - tsagan and hashbaz are just giving you suggestions from their experience.  Do what you are comfortable with and don't worry about making changes to your order, I am happy to accommodate any changes you have.

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #130 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 16:52:25 »
8-Ball now at 50!  OP updated.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #131 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 16:57:51 »
Quote from: muguts;585098

No worries man, sorry if we were overbearing.  Ultimately it is up to you, and like boiler said do what you feel comfortable with.  Tsangan and I are just trying to get across what we think will maximize the discounts.  As for creating work for the GB organizer, I think a little extra legwork is better than not reaching a higher tier. :)

Offline mickd

« Reply #132 on: Sat, 28 April 2012, 22:14:39 »
Alright, ordered a 1-15 set, need to get this rolling ;)

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #133 on: Sun, 29 April 2012, 01:12:09 »
Quote from: Djuzuh;583829
Ordered. Will update my command if we get better prices.

Did anybody post anything on the korean forums yet? :D

Quote from: Netdewt;583831
Same for me.
Same here, I only really want 1 order, but I am prepared to order more to get us to a new price point.
Quote from: tsangan;584918
Better then billiards?
Show Image
Mahjong PBT? awesome!

Speaking of PBT: since we can't do doubleshots right to the edge of the keycaps anyway, I propose that we just do everything as a huge PBT set. I need to replace my number and/or function rows! I know the sidewalls will be white, but Who cares? you can't really see them anyway, and it's PBT!

Anyway, I'd be in for more sets of PBT, but I'm still down for the one set of 15 in ABS, provided it's not extremely horrible in the end :p

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #134 on: Sun, 29 April 2012, 01:13:30 »
Just got home - so impressed with orders tonight that I am releasing the 13 ball.

See OP for order progress.  We are 5 1-9 sets away from 50 and making solid progress on 1-15!!  :rofl:

Offline mickd

« Reply #135 on: Sun, 29 April 2012, 01:27:35 »
Good news :) By the way, I would KILL for mahjong keycaps ;)

Offline jonnybastard

« Reply #136 on: Sun, 29 April 2012, 01:46:55 »
Order placed for a 1-15 set.  :thumb:
KMAC    -    HHKB Type-S    -    Filco TKL LineaR    -    Poker X    -    KBT Race LE

flickr

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #137 on: Sun, 29 April 2012, 03:06:13 »
order sent for 1-15+cue set!

nice GB!

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #138 on: Sun, 29 April 2012, 03:41:03 »
I placed new order of 4x Option A & 2x Option B! May add some more sets soon!
Order moarrrrrrrrrrrrrr people!!! This set is awesome! <3

Offline sejr

« Reply #139 on: Sun, 29 April 2012, 03:44:55 »
Hmm, if we hit the 75-set price for the 1-15, I might wanna upgrade from the 1-9 set.

Offline muguts

« Reply #140 on: Sun, 29 April 2012, 03:49:09 »
Quote from: jil_jil32;585420
I placed new order of 4x Option A & 2x Option B! May add some more sets soon!
Order moarrrrrrrrrrrrrr people!!! This set is awesome! <3

how kind of you
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #141 on: Sun, 29 April 2012, 08:44:41 »
OP updated.  We are picking up some steam here! 1 more set and we hit the MOQ - who wants to be lucky #50?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #142 on: Sun, 29 April 2012, 09:34:20 »
Are you going to show a running current price point, after we hit some milestones?

If the 1-15 sets contribute to the 1-9 numbers, there should be some serious drops happening quickly.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #143 on: Sun, 29 April 2012, 09:50:38 »
Quote from: fohat.digs;585539
Are you going to show a running current price point, after we hit some milestones?

If the 1-15 sets contribute to the 1-9 numbers, there should be some serious drops happening quickly.

I am showing that in OP.  Individual keys are listed in red next to what price point they are in.  As soon as we hit MOQ I will remove the progress bar and replace it with a current set price.

The progress bars simply represent MOQs and not orders so we currently have 49 total 1 balls divided between 1-9 and 1-15 sets

Offline Netdewt

• OLKB
« Reply #144 on: Sun, 29 April 2012, 11:56:55 »
These will not work for a numpad, correct?

Offline Marclgw

• * Vendor
« Reply #145 on: Sun, 29 April 2012, 11:59:58 »
Keep this going potential to hit 100 sets =D

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #146 on: Sun, 29 April 2012, 12:15:36 »
Quote from: Netdewt;585617
These will not work for a numpad, correct?
They are 1x1 keys so they will technically fit, but the profile is top 2 rows so they will not fit the profile of the board.

I put a lot of thought into doing these as a tenkey since IMO it would look cool, but the tenkey demand is lower and the 1-9 keys as well as the F keys fit the set so perfectly.

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #147 on: Sun, 29 April 2012, 12:17:22 »
1-9 + Cue set have all met MOQ!!! We are 9 sets short of 10-15 meeting as well!!

8-Ball is 2 keys short of a price drop.

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #148 on: Sun, 29 April 2012, 12:35:37 »
More Price Drops!!  8-Ball now @ 75 and that caused the sets to drop as well!

:high5:

Offline elton5354

« Reply #149 on: Sun, 29 April 2012, 12:35:49 »
If both set A and B reached 50 then  doesn't that make 1-9+cue at 100 individually?