Author Topic: Model M space saver club  (Read 395764 times)

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
Re: Model M space saver club
« Reply #300 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 14:49:27 »
Cannot wait to put it through its paces :p

is that pink?
It is and thanks so much guys...
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #301 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 15:00:52 »

is that pink?

oh god, that poor ssk... send it to me and I paint it black  ;D

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #302 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 16:17:28 »
Snoopy, is there a list of acceptible colors IBM boards can be? I'd love to see it. I assume it's black, grey, and beige?

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #303 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 16:24:01 »
Snoopy, is there a list of acceptible colors IBM boards can be? I'd love to see it. I assume it's black, grey, and beige?

ah, I see you already found the list  :))

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #304 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 16:36:52 »

is that pink?

oh god, that poor ssk... send it to me and I paint it black  ;D
blasphemy I assume I'm sorry snoop I didn't mean to offend your sensibilities! :eek: If anyone is looking for a restored SSK bolt modded and some other options available  phosphor has some up on his sight as well as some nice model Ms.
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #305 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 16:38:29 »

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #306 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 16:57:42 »
Cannot wait to put it through its paces
Very nice, I dig the pink. Normally I am a fan of the classic beige, but this board would look great blacked out like Snoopy's kish with the pink underlay. Just sayin'.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #307 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 18:22:21 »
http://phosphorglow.net/store/products/
Edit: Had to edit the edit.
Shhh!  I'm editing the edited edit.
Okay, no more to edit now.
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 May 2015, 21:19:19 by Snowdog993 »

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #308 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 21:48:22 »

Yay you finally got it! I gotta paint my plant like that...

It's not paint, it's a mylar underlayment: http://phosphorglow.net/store/products/colored-underlay/

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #309 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 01:38:20 »
My Phosphorglow SSK (originally one of Cindys)! Not quite here yet, but sooooon.

Happy to join the club.

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #310 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 05:38:34 »
My Phosphorglow SSK (originally one of Cindys)! Not quite here yet, but sooooon.

Happy to join the club.

Show Image

Show Image

That light blue looks amazing meow  :p great choice ! You will have to let me know about the quality of the unicomp caps when you get them. I really want some new caps for mine but there site is slightly confusing. I would also love a mod pack but I'm not a huge fan of the basic RGB! Anyways your board looks AMAZING already and can't wait to see pics.

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #311 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 07:11:48 »

Happy to join the club.

Show Image

Show Image

That light blue looks amazing meow  :p great choice ! You will have to let me know about the quality of the unicomp caps when you get them. I really want some new caps for mine but there site is slightly confusing. I would also love a mod pack but I'm not a huge fan of the basic RGB! Anyways your board looks AMAZING already and can't wait to see pics.

Thanks, I'm really pleased with the way the underlay colour turned out! I wasn't sure if I would like the orange and blue either, but I do. The US APL keyset is really awesome looking!

I do have a few Unicomp caps here with me right now, they're alright. No flashing (on an RGB set, WASD set, and a couple custom printed colour keys, I'll have to check the full set when it gets here), and the plastic is nice. The dyesub isn't quite as clear as it is on real IBM caps, but it's nothing that bothers me. One of my custom printed keys (dark blue GEEKHACK) has kind of crooked printing. That's really the only issue I've had with them. Oh, and one of the sets I had shipped to Maxx, they sent me a regular caps lock and control key instead of the reverse. They're good at fixing mistakes like that though!

And this is off-topic, but I also have an excellent condition stock Model F AT coming from Phosphorglow as well! Quite excited for that as well.  :thumb:

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #312 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 08:19:01 »

It's not paint, it's a mylar underlayment: http://phosphorglow.net/store/products/colored-underlay/

Oh that makes things easier lol. Thanks!

:rolleyes:

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #313 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 09:16:39 »

Oh that makes things easier lol. Thanks!

:rolleyes:

I've thought about making one of these myself out of paper or something, but at $7 to buy one, why bother? Although Phosphorglow's website seems a little wonky right now and there's no way on the product page to choose a color when you add it to your cart. So maybe I'll hold off until PG gets the site back up to full steam.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #314 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 11:13:45 »
I've thought about making one of these myself out of paper or something, but at $7 to buy one, why bother? Although Phosphorglow's website seems a little wonky right now and there's no way on the product page to choose a color when you add it to your cart. So maybe I'll hold off until PG gets the site back up to full steam.

Understood.  I can't wait to see when his site is back up and everyone can see the work he does!  It's just incredible what he can do.  BTW you can see what colors he does offer with the underlays.

Colors: Red, green, light blue, royal blue, yellow, golden yellow, orange, raspberry, pink, and metallic copper.  You just mention it in the comments to him.

Very cool thing to have actually.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 May 2015, 11:15:59 by Snowdog993 »

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #315 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 11:16:36 »

Understood.  I can't wait to see when his site is back up and everyone can see the work he does!  It's just incredible what he can do.  BTW you can see what colors he does offer with the underlays.

Colors: Red, green, light blue, royal blue, yellow, golden yellow, orange, raspberry, pink, and metallic copper.

I'm pretty sure the underlay image on his site is the one that's in my SSK now.  :))

I'm really curious to know what the metallic copper underlay looks like, it sounds like it could be really cool.

Boards:

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #316 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 11:18:36 »

Colors: Red, green, light blue, royal blue, yellow, golden yellow, orange, raspberry, pink, and metallic copper.

I'm pretty sure the underlay image on his site is the one that's in my SSK now.  :))

I'm really curious to know what the metallic copper underlay looks like, it sounds like it could be really cool.

Like this.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 May 2015, 11:22:35 by Snowdog993 »

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #317 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 11:31:31 »

Like this.

..That is really cool! Matches the Model Ms retro aesthetics too.

Thanks for the pictures!  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 May 2015, 11:40:34 by meow a cat »

Boards:

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #318 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 15:18:40 »
I actually spray painted my SSK's steel plate with metallic gold Rustoleum. You obviously can't see it, but maybe the copper underlay would be appropriate. I do like the way that looks.

My boards:
More

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #319 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 04:15:29 »

Light blue plate?  That looks really pretty. :)  And I love the Ctrl and Caps Lock caps.

Took this pic today:

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #320 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 04:37:00 »

Light blue plate?  That looks really pretty. :)  And I love the Ctrl and Caps Lock caps.

Took this pic today:
Show Image

Great picture, but too many Clacks on one board :) I am really jealous of that RGB caps.
... ...

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #321 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 04:42:59 »

Took this pic today:
Show Image

stunning as usual naasfu :))

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #322 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 05:24:54 »

Took this pic today:
Show Image

<3 So much BS goodness there!

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #323 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 05:43:07 »

Took this pic today:
Show Image

Thanks bro! I have a thing for blue. I had him do blue LEDs as well. That's a gorgeous board you have there too. What colour is your plate/underlay thing?

I desperately need some sort of artisan for my SSK, I think it deserves one. I'd love to get a Hack Orange to match the APL, or F2 blue to match the underlay, but Ionospheric BS is my dream cap. I love the MX Iono you traded me to death!  :thumb:

Those skulls look great! Do you have any BS KWK or V2s? I'd love to see a few different caps on that SSK!

Boards:

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #324 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 13:49:45 »
Right now I am typing on my IBM 1392934 SSK from Phosphorglow.  Very nice keyboard.  It has the new Colossus controller too!  It has a green underlay and green LED's.  I'm very jazzed about it!  Everything works perfectly!

Meow: I suppose that means I have a kind of thing for green?  *wink*

Edit: Images have been updated.
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 June 2015, 00:40:42 by Snowdog993 »

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #325 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 15:03:27 »
Right now I am typing on my IBM 1392934 SSK from Phosphorglow.  Very nice keyboard.  It has the new Colossus controller too!  It has a green underlay and green LED's.  I'm very jazzed about it!  Everything works perfectly!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image

That looks great! I like the colours on the back plate! The green looks cool too.  :thumb:

My board finally arrived to me the other day. I believe I have the same controller. Typing on it now, I'm really pleased with it, it's like a completely different keyboard. If it weren't for a ding in the case that's still there, I would swear it was a brand new SSK!

Also, I had him put the caps lock LED under the Ctrl key because I swap my Ctrl and Caps. I haven't seen anyone else with the LED under the Ctrl key.

Boards:

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #326 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 18:00:24 »

That looks great! I like the colours on the back plate! The green looks cool too.  :thumb:

My board finally arrived to me the other day. I believe I have the same controller. Typing on it now, I'm really pleased with it, it's like a completely different keyboard. If it weren't for a ding in the case that's still there, I would swear it was a brand new SSK!

Also, I had him put the caps lock LED under the Ctrl key because I swap my Ctrl and Caps. I haven't seen anyone else with the LED under the Ctrl key.

Yeah, if you swap them, you might as well have it that way.  That's pretty cool too.
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 June 2015, 10:56:32 by Snowdog993 »

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #327 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 15:12:35 »
Just got mine in the mail today!

« Last Edit: Tue, 26 May 2015, 15:15:48 by nickheller »

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #328 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 15:37:52 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

thats awesome man welcome to the club! My computers down so when my roommates not home I sometimes sneak into his room to use his computer so can I type on my SSK its freaking glorious. Do not be surprised if you find yourself coming up with excuses to type something. The feels be reals  :p

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #329 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 16:21:30 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

thats awesome man welcome to the club! My computers down so when my roommates not home I sometimes sneak into his room to use his computer so can I type on my SSK its freaking glorious. Do not be surprised if you find yourself coming up with excuses to type something. The feels be reals  :p
I am happy to finally have one! It is in pretty damn good shape too, there are a few minor issues on the inside of the case but it still goes together fine and it solid as hell so I do not care. Here is a picture of what I am talking about. http://imgur.com/a/cWgE6
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 May 2015, 16:25:15 by nickheller »

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #330 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 20:43:45 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Very nice! :) I was just typing on my SSK and drooling over it. Heh love it so much.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #331 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 20:57:08 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Very nice! :) I was just typing on my SSK and drooling over it. Heh love it so much.

Thanks! I can not believe how solid this thing is for being almost 30 years old. I do not have to bolt mod it yet and the cable is pretty much perfect still. Only one minor flaw and it does not affect the keyboard at all. I did pay a lot more than I would have liked to but in the end after typing on it for a day I feel it was worth it. :)

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #332 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 04:58:20 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Nice SSK! Looks like it's in great condition. They're a joy to type on, aren't they?  ;D

Congratulations!

Boards:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #333 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 06:01:06 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks! I can not believe how solid this thing is for being almost 30 years old. I do not have to bolt mod it yet and the cable is pretty much perfect still. Only one minor flaw and it does not affect the keyboard at all. I did pay a lot more than I would have liked to but in the end after typing on it for a day I feel it was worth it. :)

And with a little care and feeding it could very well last for another 30 years!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #334 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 23:30:03 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

And with a little care and feeding it could very well last for another 30 years!

Yeah, I am going to send it to Phosphor Glow for a screw mod and possibly convert it to USB with the new controller. I just hate to swap out a working controller with a good cable but I want usb just in case I wanted to use this keyboard on something with out PS2, and if it is USB I can use a nice sleeved cable!

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #335 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 03:40:22 »
The SSK in its natural habitat:

... ...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #336 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 03:48:55 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

A perfect fit :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #337 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 03:52:01 »
A perfect fit :)

Yes, and that's exactly why this keyboard was made. It fits perfect everywhere here, and I think keyboard was sad when leaving the room :)
... ...

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #338 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 03:56:45 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Nice! I really need to get a buckling spring artisan.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #339 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 05:57:48 »

[imddDg width=640 height=427]http://i.imgur.com/6ew6sjl.jpg[/img]

Show Image

Show Image

thats awesome mad. Love that bro and it looks super slick in that drawer and as mentioned it looks like It fits perfectly!

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #340 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 23:47:51 »
The SSK is NOW complete.
The += (+) key is there now. 
The NumLk / ScrLk key is proper now!  (A Very Special thank you to NJBair!)

More

« Last Edit: Fri, 12 June 2015, 23:37:42 by Snowdog993 »

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #341 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 11:36:29 »
The SSK is NOW complete.
The += (+) key is there now. 
The NumLk / ScrLk key is proper now!  (A Very Special thank you to NJBair!)

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

More
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image
It's a perfect match. Glad it worked out!

My boards:
More

Offline ShivaYash

« Reply #342 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 15:07:41 »
My '87 SSK. Daily driver for six months now. Not looking back, or at anything else for that matter.

103629-0
IBM Model M SSK, HHKB Pro 2 BT and Realforce 104U HiPro

Offline ShivaYash

« Reply #343 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 15:10:14 »
That looks properly MINT!

The SSK is NOW complete.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #344 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 00:46:23 »
My '87 SSK. Daily driver for six months now. Not looking back, or at anything else for that matter.

(Attachment Link)

A nice splash of colour here and there - needs a bit more yellow thought :p

Lucky you - I get complaints and criticism when I use a BS keyboard :(

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #345 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 00:59:06 »

(Attachment Link)

I like the color scheme too.  Especially the Delete, F and J keys.  Nice touch!  I think the Pause/Break key goes where your light blue key goes.  Maybe that is where the yellow key that rowdy is going on about should go?
They are great keyboards!

Offline ShivaYash

« Reply #346 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 02:01:33 »
More yellow? Nah! The light and dark blues are display brightness. I'm a Mac user.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #347 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 02:17:42 »
More yellow? Nah! The light and dark blues are display brightness. I'm a Mac user.

That's a good idea!

Offline ShivaYash

« Reply #348 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 03:49:48 »

That's a good idea!

Am coming to Brighton, Victoria later this year. Look forward to finding some nice vintage boards on eBay.au! Mainly interested in Model M these days but want to try an Model F at some point, just not that keen to mess about with conversion etc. Would like to do a bluetooth Model M mod in due course as well. Hardly an easy travel companion but the clicks are just to die for.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #349 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 05:33:56 »

That's a good idea!

Am coming to Brighton, Victoria later this year. Look forward to finding some nice vintage boards on eBay.au! Mainly interested in Model M these days but want to try an Model F at some point, just not that keen to mess about with conversion etc. Would like to do a bluetooth Model M mod in due course as well. Hardly an easy travel companion but the clicks are just to die for.

There's not that many down here, and most are overpriced compared to what's available in the US.