Author Topic: Games you are most looking forward to  (Read 387759 times)

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
Re: Games you are most looking forward to
« Reply #601 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 09:58:51 »

on a scale from 1-10,  how excited should I be...
Show Image

on a scale of 1-10 probably: Holyu****ing****Imexitedsomeoneholdme

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #603 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 10:08:00 »
Fallout 4

Offline starscream

• I have nothing to say
« Reply #604 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 10:24:18 »

Poker                                 HHKB Pro 2

Offline starscream

• I have nothing to say
« Reply #605 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 11:45:43 »
Holy crackers, I forgot this was a thing!

« Last Edit: Wed, 03 June 2015, 12:32:22 by starscream »

Offline greath

• A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.
« Reply #606 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 11:49:05 »
Overwatch.

I'm praying to GabeN that I get into the beta.

Offline starscream

• I have nothing to say
« Reply #607 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 11:50:00 »
Holy crackers, I forgot this was a thing!

Show Image

http://imgur.com/bYWyiKY

Image was too big to post I guess

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #609 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 17:06:25 »
on a scale from 1-10,  how excited should I be...
Show Image

on a scale of 1-10 probably: Holyu****ing****Imexitedsomeoneholdme
It does stir something inside me...

But after the anti-climax of FO3 and the glitchfest that was New Vegas I am very cautious.
It felt like a chore to work through the game from time to time.

Then again The Witcher 3 is looking pretty vast so far as well so maybe I have just outgrown the whole giant exploring sandbox game. :/
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #610 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 19:19:58 »
Edge is a great magazine. I don't buy nearly as many new games as I used to, but if I was a console gamer I would definitely buy more copies of Edge.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #611 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 19:44:26 »
I'm looking forward to Fallout 4, just so I can be disappointed.

That trailer looked terrible for a game we've been waiting 7 years on from Bethesda.

Offline dndlmx

« Reply #612 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 19:53:44 »
Mirrors Edge "2"

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #613 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 20:09:24 »
Mirrors Edge "2"

SoonTM

When is E3? - nvm, i have google. der. June 16-18

Offline dndlmx

« Reply #614 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 22:03:47 »
I got the triple star on every course dawg I was ME crazy.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #615 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 03:33:59 »

That trailer looked terrible for a game we've been waiting 7 years on from Bethesda.

Why? I loved Fo3, put 200+ hours into the PC version and then went and tried to plat the PS3 version, loved it. From what I can see Fo4 looks to be a more improved and realised world, with green stuff that before you had to mod in, which is great, you clearly get a new companion and being in a new city which looks massive and awesome.

I really can't wait, though I really hope that they have worked on the FPS aspect of it as VATS was pretty OP in Fo3 and being able to shoot from the hip would vastly improve combat.

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #616 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 03:55:32 »
I have found playing without VATS and just straight up gun gameplay is vastly more intense and more fun.

Anyways, I need to hurry up and find a job so I can afford to build a good pc. I need some horsepower to run it at 2560x1440 with a ton of mods.  :)

I just hope I have enough time until the release to come up with $2400... I need to buy pretty much a whole set up.  :-\

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #617 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 08:38:40 »
I have found playing without VATS and just straight up gun gameplay is vastly more intense and more fun.

Anyways, I need to hurry up and find a job so I can afford to build a good pc. I need some horsepower to run it at 2560x1440 with a ton of mods.  :)

I just hope I have enough time until the release to come up with $2400... I need to buy pretty much a whole set up.  :-\
That I have to agree on. I bought GTA V and The Witcher 3 and though I can play them (and already finished GTA) my old C2Q Q9550 and GTX 460 are struggling on 1920 x 1200. Even on low settings.
I have a really cool Ncase M1 waiting to be filled but my plans for a proper gaming pc range from somewhere around $1500 to $2500 for a fully water cooled little monster.

Ah well, I should be able to start a proper job after summer so perhaps I can start saving up some good money by the end of the year.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #618 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 09:18:29 »

Why? I loved Fo3, put 200+ hours into the PC version and then went and tried to plat the PS3 version, loved it. From what I can see Fo4 looks to be a more improved and realised world, with green stuff that before you had to mod in, which is great, you clearly get a new companion and being in a new city which looks massive and awesome.

I really can't wait, though I really hope that they have worked on the FPS aspect of it as VATS was pretty OP in Fo3 and being able to shoot from the hip would vastly improve combat.

I feel like everyone just wants to pretend that Fallout/Fallout 2 don't exist. The series was great until Bethesda bought the rights. All they can do is consistently release subpar and buggy ass games that end up relying on the community to fix their problems.

The original Fallout/2 are amazing for their time, but have aged graphically. Yet, they are still better than the modern Bethesda interpretations.  Bethesda will never actually do anything good with the series because it is literally nothing but a cash cow for them and they barely have to try to get people to purchase the game. F3 and NV are incredibly disappointing, NV less so because Obsidian had a hand in that one. The games consistently lack complexity as well, at least that is how I see it.

Now, why am I disappointed from that trailer? First of all, too much hype built on this and people aren't noticing how terrible it looks. The graphics...look dated as ****. They've finally realized not to put the environment ALL GREEN/ORANGE, but it is still lacking. Also, they totally included in-game footage in the trailer and I can easily tell. It looks clunky and a lot of models look rehashed. Which is hilarious, because everything should be new/have an original feel given it has been seven years. I've never seen a developer be so ****ing lazy.

Are F3/NV fun games? Sure. However, are they actually good compared to the original? No. Do I expect F4 to be fun as well? Yes, but it doesn't make what I've said invalid.

I wouldn't be as annoyed if Bethesda ever tried at anything, but they are actually terrible.

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #619 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 09:28:59 »

That I have to agree on. I bought GTA V and The Witcher 3 and though I can play them (and already finished GTA) my old C2Q Q9550 and GTX 460 are struggling on 1920 x 1200. Even on low settings.
I have a really cool Ncase M1 waiting to be filled but my plans for a proper gaming pc range from somewhere around $1500 to $2500 for a fully water cooled little monster.

Ah well, I should be able to start a proper job after summer so perhaps I can start saving up some good money by the end of the year.
Not to stray the thread too off topic, but that little NCASE M1 is really brilliant, It's really great how much you can pack into such a small package, wonderful looking case.  :)

I honestly want to build it that case... But a Fractal R5 should suit me well, when I can find a job and put everything together at long last. My current toaster (Laptop) can't run anything....  :))

I really want to do a build in that NCASE now...  :eek:

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #620 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 11:15:37 »

Not to stray the thread too off topic, but that little NCASE M1 is really brilliant, It's really great how much you can pack into such a small package, wonderful looking case.  :)

I honestly want to build it that case... But a Fractal R5 should suit me well, when I can find a job and put everything together at long last. My current toaster (Laptop) can't run anything....  :))

I really want to do a build in that NCASE now...  :eek:
One more to whet your appetite ;)

Some of these are downright insane but that size looks so damn sexy:

Shuttle pc, Ncase M1, Corsair 650D

Yep, those are dual 240 Rads.

Black Pyxis. Bottom 240 rad and a PCI-e riser.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 June 2015, 11:18:37 by JaccoW »
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #621 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 11:27:00 »

I feel like everyone just wants to pretend that Fallout/Fallout 2 don't exist. The series was great until Bethesda bought the rights. All they can do is consistently release subpar and buggy ass games that end up relying on the community to fix their problems.

The original Fallout/2 are amazing for their time, but have aged graphically. Yet, they are still better than the modern Bethesda interpretations.  Bethesda will never actually do anything good with the series because it is literally nothing but a cash cow for them and they barely have to try to get people to purchase the game. F3 and NV are incredibly disappointing, NV less so because Obsidian had a hand in that one. The games consistently lack complexity as well, at least that is how I see it.

Now, why am I disappointed from that trailer? First of all, too much hype built on this and people aren't noticing how terrible it looks. The graphics...look dated as ****. They've finally realized not to put the environment ALL GREEN/ORANGE, but it is still lacking. Also, they totally included in-game footage in the trailer and I can easily tell. It looks clunky and a lot of models look rehashed. Which is hilarious, because everything should be new/have an original feel given it has been seven years. I've never seen a developer be so ****ing lazy.

Are F3/NV fun games? Sure. However, are they actually good compared to the original? No. Do I expect F4 to be fun as well? Yes, but it doesn't make what I've said invalid.

I wouldn't be as annoyed if Bethesda ever tried at anything, but they are actually terrible.

When fo3 was coming out I was on a gaming forum with people who loved Fo1 and 2 for various reasons and when it came out, hated with a passion fo3.
So I went back and played the old Fo games and found them pretty much impossible to get into. The writing and dialogue was/is great in those older games but the way you have to look at it (like I do with other franchises) is that Fo3 and 4 simply take inspiration from those older games, and nothing else.
I think it's unfair to call Fo3 a cash-cow because Fallout wasn't a huge big name title. And I do love Fo3 and consider it one of the best games I've ever played. Does that make it less buggy? No, Bethesda's technical side of there team is total ****, as is Blizzards for that matter, but both teams are still capable of putting out great stuff. But I can see where your coming from, it's an argument I've heard a lot lol.

Now the talk of the graphics in the trailer, I think that speaks more to it's target market than anything else. The PS4 and Xbone are weak as ****, literally. And as a game thats focused on the console market they have to make sure (this time anyway) that it ****ing works and isn't a broken janky piece of **** like the PS3 version of Fo3, which I imagine means that they have had to lower the quality of the gfx in order to keep it solid, stable and massive.

And if Fo3 got more people to play/try and enjoy the original games, isn't that alone doing something good (even as someone who seemingly hates Bethesda lol)?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #622 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 11:29:57 »
Those boxes are built for "looks"

They're unreasonably expensive for their performance output.

AND water cooling is loud as hell,   and it's impossible to get rid of that whining pump noise. <it's what finally made me give it up>

After experiencing true PC silence, I was like.. OMG... what have I been doing..

My room is a dead silent 30db..  I hear the wind, the rustling of leaves outside, the sound of a passing car whose owner is late for work..

Serenity now...

Offline dndlmx

« Reply #623 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 11:33:21 »
PC-Q25 > NCASE

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #624 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 11:54:44 »
Those boxes are built for "looks"

They're unreasonably expensive for their performance output.

AND water cooling is loud as hell,   and it's impossible to get rid of that whining pump noise. <it's what finally made me give it up>

After experiencing true PC silence, I was like.. OMG... what have I been doing..

My room is a dead silent 30db..  I hear the wind, the rustling of leaves outside, the sound of a passing car whose owner is late for work..

Serenity now...
I have a totally quiet PC right now so I know what silence is.
But truth be told, when it comes to PC cases, I don't care about price/performance. I won't put it down at my feet so I want something that looks nice on my desk. I splurged on my current case back when I built it and I don't regret it one bit.
It's surpassed by modern cases from a usability point of view (removable motherboard trays for example) but that just means it will be a lively subject for some modding in the future. And there is not a whole lot I will be changing on a 7year old PC anyway.

PC-Q25 > NCASE
The Lian-Li PC-Q25 is a really nice case. I remember looking at it a few years ago.
But it's also 40% bigger in volume. 12.6L Vs. 20.4L

They're just designed with different purposes in mind. Besides, the Ncase was made by Lian-Li as well. ;)
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 June 2015, 12:14:01 by JaccoW »
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline dndlmx

« Reply #625 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 13:01:47 »
I didn't realize it was that much bigger than the Ncase.

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #626 on: Fri, 05 June 2015, 17:53:09 »
Even though I stopped buying consoles after PS2 I am still glad to see a Dark Cloud 3 coming out :) I loved the first one!

Offline dndlmx

« Reply #627 on: Fri, 05 June 2015, 21:35:22 »
I'm dum yall been talking about fallout 4, I didn't realize it was actually coming. Opened up youtube about lost my sh** there was the trailer 8m views front page, trippy man.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #628 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 13:37:46 »
METAL GEAR SOLID V

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #629 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 18:53:10 »
I'm dum yall been talking about fallout 4, I didn't realize it was actually coming. Opened up youtube about lost my sh** there was the trailer 8m views front page, trippy man.

Yeah, hopefully it will be awesome instead of super buggy like New Vegas was for me.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #630 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 12:34:56 »

Yeah, hopefully it will be awesome instead of super buggy like New Vegas was for me.

+1

Don't worry it was buggy as hell for everyone launch day lol.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #631 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 12:47:46 »

+1

Don't worry it was buggy as hell for everyone launch day lol.

I've never been able to get it to play nice for me.  I always get random bugs.  Still a fun game.

Offline dndlmx

« Reply #632 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 21:24:38 »
I can't wait to sacrifice 100+ hours of my life to this game forreal.

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #633 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 12:59:11 »
Fallout 4

Offline n3ro

« Reply #634 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 20:26:32 »
GTA V when i get a decent gpu. Returned a gtx 970 and currently using Intel hd4600. And hopefully latest Gears of War on pc if they ever do come out.

Offline dante

« Reply #635 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 21:26:30 »
Still waiting on Torment: Tides of Numenera ...

Offline phosphoric

« Reply #636 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 11:37:34 »
mirror's edge two, oh my god. the first one was so good and i played it on an old, ****ty toshiba laptop without a discrete gpu a couple of years back. i'm planning on getting a 290x when the 300-series drops specifically so i'll be prepared (or sort of prepared) for the release of the sequel in march. i'm so ready to play me2 on better graphics with a semi-acceptable framerate and i'm probably gonna end up replaying the original on max settings
Let's get this straight. There is nothing cool about keyboards we're all lame as fk.

speak for yourself

Offline professorgc3

« Reply #637 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 00:10:13 »
METAL GEAR SOLID V

Show Image
Agreed, agreed, agreed. I usually try to temper expectations, but there is almost no way this will fall short of being the best game of all time.

KBP v60           Cherry G80-11900     Kensington Slimblade

Offline 1o57

• %10000100001
« Reply #638 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 00:14:29 »
Fallout 4 is going to be amazing.  There are some new features coming in that game that will blow your mind if you're a Fallout fan...

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #639 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 01:03:18 »
Why are you 1057%?
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline Coreda

« Reply #640 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 01:07:10 »
I'm looking forward to Fallout 4, just so I can be disappointed. That trailer looked terrible for a game we've been waiting 7 years on from Bethesda.

It's (likely) using the Skyrim engine, that's why. They stated the Skyrim engine would be used for two of their games, this is probably the second. We'll see.

Speaking of games I was looking forward to, The Witcher 3 is truly breathtaking at times, and has to be seen in motion. Spent a while just slowly walking on a beach with the backdrop of the beautiful Novigrad city view at sunset with the evocative score softly playing. Admiring the realism of the footprints in the sand, walking through water, and wet clothes. Unf.
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 June 2015, 01:08:54 by Coreda »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #641 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 03:44:54 »
METAL GEAR SOLID V

Show Image
Agreed, agreed, agreed. I usually try to temper expectations, but there is almost no way this will fall short of being the best game of all time.

Yeah I'm struggling to hold my excitement, I think I've already pre-ordered about 4 copies of the game, the OST and all kinds of other dumb **** lol

Offline professorgc3

« Reply #642 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 06:24:13 »
METAL GEAR SOLID V

Show Image

Yeah I'm struggling to hold my excitement, I think I've already pre-ordered about 4 copies of the game, the OST and all kinds of other dumb **** lol
I want them to release a PC Collector's Edition so badly. Who would have ever thought I'd be so desperate for a prosthetic arm

KBP v60           Cherry G80-11900     Kensington Slimblade

Offline 1o57

• %10000100001
« Reply #643 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 11:08:38 »
I can't tell you that :)

But it's true. 

I'm looking forward to Fallout 4, just so I can be disappointed. That trailer looked terrible for a game we've been waiting 7 years on from Bethesda.

It's (likely) using the Skyrim engine, that's why. They stated the Skyrim engine would be used for two of their games, this is probably the second. We'll see.

Speaking of games I was looking forward to, The Witcher 3 is truly breathtaking at times, and has to be seen in motion. Spent a while just slowly walking on a beach with the backdrop of the beautiful Novigrad city view at sunset with the evocative score softly playing. Admiring the realism of the footprints in the sand, walking through water, and wet clothes. Unf.

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #644 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 11:47:10 »
METAL GEAR SOLID V

Show Image

I'm psyched for this to come to PC, I need to go pre-order it soon.. must have the DVD. xD

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #645 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 15:01:13 »
The bethesda press E3 press conference is tonight. GET HYPE BOIS. Fallout 4 bby.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #646 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 16:13:51 »
The bethesda press E3 press conference is tonight. GET HYPE BOIS. Fallout 4 bby.

Where can you watch the streams?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #647 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 16:28:42 »

check ign's site, they usually list links, and it should be on youtube? it's a bit early for me... but excited to wait up to the DOOM news

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #648 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 16:38:23 »

check ign's site, they usually list links, and it should be on youtube? it's a bit early for me... but excited to wait up to the DOOM news

Apparently Bethesda are going to stream it all on their twitch channel.

I'm on nights tonight so I will watch it all.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #649 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 17:49:07 »
Tbh I think I'm going to be following GiantBomb's streams, having them talking over the press conferences is more fun than just watching them live lol