Author Topic: Games you are most looking forward to  (Read 384167 times)

Offline dankdesire

Re: Games you are most looking forward to
« Reply #900 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 01:41:07 »
I need smash now, can't wait to check out the tournament at E3

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

« Reply #901 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 08:18:47 »
Plenty of games I might enjoy are coming out, but what I'd really want to play is something like the British Isles in the 5th to 6th century in a war game. And a nice RPG that isn't completely dark and morbid and obsessed with the occult, demons etc. but has plenty of good old orcslaying, dragonslaying and the occasional (stress on occasional) lych or necromancer, with mostly symbolic magic. But as I'm nearing on 40, the prospect of having a girlfriend instead is beginning to look more and more appealing.

Offline Phitness

« Reply #902 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 09:07:04 »
I'm hyped for Cyberpunk 2077 and a little for the PC release of monster hunter world.

Offline Avalai

• Instagram
« Reply #903 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 09:22:00 »
I think I'm most excited for unconfirmed games right now. Animal Crossing and Pokemon 2019 on the Switch come to mind.

Also, the release of a new American McGee Alice game is pretty far off and not officially happening yet, but I can't help being excited for it. The concept art is looking pretty good!

Offline floatingskull

« Reply #904 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 11:13:20 »
Any fans of The Binding Of Issac?

You should give Enter The Gungeon a try.

+1 for Enter the Gungeon. As a huge Binding of Isaac fan, I've lately been addicted to Lost Castle (very hard at first but gets so much better as you level up) and Rogue Legacy.

As for games I'm looking forward to this year, Shadow of the Tomb Raider looks great. I guess I love dungeon crawlers.

Offline johngodsmith

« Reply #905 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 11:45:14 »
Not sure if anyone's into Arena fps' but been waiting for Diabotical for a while

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #906 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 13:06:00 »
Plenty of games I might enjoy are coming out, but what I'd really want to play is something like the British Isles in the 5th to 6th century in a war game.
Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia is set only three centuries later…

Offline quazikun

« Reply #907 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 19:51:41 »
excited for e3 and what gets announced for switch. feel like it's going to be blow up soon with big third party support like more bethesda games etc. otherwise, very excited to see the announce for fallout 76 and whatever this new unnamed diablo 3 project is. also excited for wow:bfa but that's coming pretty soon.

Offline Astrasa

« Reply #908 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 19:55:42 »
Probably the new pokemon game for the switch :eyes:, the nostalgia!
Kyuu Proto | Quasi Alice | Duck Viper | Tx87-Se

Offline Pewpew

« Reply #909 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 20:54:13 »
I've heard about Diablo 4. Hope Blizzard can do something do bring back this series. D3 is terrible (my opinion).

Offline quazikun

« Reply #910 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 21:58:03 »
I've heard about Diablo 4. Hope Blizzard can do something do bring back this series. D3 is terrible (my opinion).

i think it got better with later patches but they really missed out with all the hype and momentum they had going into it off the back of d2. i think poe presently is a better approximation/modernization of the arpg style of d2 if you haven't tried it before.

Offline carnagex9

« Reply #911 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 11:17:02 »
Honestly, spyro remastered is what I am most looking forward to. Looking forward to seeing what e3 brings as well this year.

Offline NJWootton

« Reply #912 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 19:22:22 »
Gib TES6 Todd pls, aside from that, Fallout 76 looking dope, hopefully bethesda does't ruin it. Also can't wait til 2077 when Cyberpunk 2077 finally comes out.

Offline whytwokay

« Reply #913 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 20:17:39 »
Cyberpunk2077 and Monster Hunter World for PC are what I'm waiting for right now, but I'm getting hyped for the Fallout deets at E3!

Offline nimblejacks

« Reply #914 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 09:23:08 »
Red Dead Redemption 2 can't come soon enough!!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #915 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 17:17:43 »
Show me ANY game play footage at all whatsoever for Cyberpunk and I'll maybe get excited, but where the HELL IS THE GAME PLAY? As far as I'm concerned they got nothing until they show some game play, just a bunch of fancy ****ing FMVs.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #916 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 17:13:50 »
Well Fallout '76 sounds terrible.

No offline mode
Single player will make other players still visible ruining the immersion
No NPC's (wtf?)
Real-time VATS
Paid modding

That's a haaaaaard pass from a long time Fallout fan. It goes against everything I loved(ed) about Bethesda games.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #917 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 17:38:15 »

Offline portbaron

« Reply #918 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 18:35:55 »
Well Fallout '76 sounds terrible.

No offline mode
Single player will make other players still visible ruining the immersion
No NPC's (wtf?)
Real-time VATS
Paid modding

That's a haaaaaard pass from a long time Fallout fan. It goes against everything I loved(ed) about Bethesda games.
Bethesda needs to stay the hell away from online. If you want online fps, you can just get almost literally any other game out. Bleh.
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #919 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 03:33:30 »
On a related note, EA has, surprise-surprise, managed to **** up Command & Conquer even more: there's a new f2p mobile release called C&C Rivals, and you can guess what it's like.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #920 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 05:08:32 »
Is it even possible to ruin C&C anymore? I thought EA finally let the series die after the failure that was Generals 2.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline Coreda

« Reply #921 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 05:37:18 »
After the disappointment that was the latest Cyberpunk 2077 trailer I re-appreciated the cyberpunk-esque elements, density, visual design and architecture of the city from the Beyond Good and Evil 2 2017 trailer reveal. If that game can retain enough vertical density and reachable areas it will be spectacular.

I feel like creating a thread elsewhere about it since it highlights that daylight, 'fun', and color (the latter should go without saying but some still are) aren't necessarily the reasons some dislike Cyberpunk 2077's latest impression.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #922 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 06:52:34 »
Is it even possible to ruin C&C anymore? I thought EA finally let the series die after the failure that was Generals 2.
Generals 2 was supposedly good, until they decided to make it f2p. Before that, C&C4 was polarizing, but I wouldn't call it terrible; it was _different_ and many people didn't expect that. How many people remember, for instance, Sole Survivor though?

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #923 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 08:47:57 »
Supposedly Tiberium was going to actually be really good, but it was cancelled before it ever got to see the light of day. Fortunately Renegade X has filled the void, but it's been in beta indefinitely. I really miss GameSpy, I used to have a lot of fun on playing on their servers.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #924 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 09:10:57 »
I think I was most impressed by Death Stranding, not by the game play but by the sheer uniqueness of it all.

Also looking forward to Sekiro, which is basically Dark Souls with a grappling hook. Which is 1 step closer to my dream Souls game - Dark Souls with jet packs (no I'm not kidding, imagine fighting giant vertical bosses in a 360 degree space barrel rolling around flying claws and tails in mid-air. Imagine.)

Offline haanuman

« Reply #925 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 02:23:08 »
Cyber Punk 2077 and Devil May Cry 5.

I am always excited for DMC but CyberPunk is a new title to which I am looking forward to the most. It's been a while since a game like that has been announced, eagerly waiting for the gameplay, watched enough of the interviews hehe!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #926 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 13:37:46 »
Not games, per se, but totally in love with these upcoming controllers from 8bitdo. Been drooling over these since their announcement at E3.

I usually get only Hori as my third-party controllers; scoffed at 8bitdo for a while until I got the NES30 and the SN30 for the NES and SNES respectively, both with Retro Receivers.

I'm sold.

I notice some very minimal lag with the NES30, but only so with games that require precise timing like Mega Man or Punch-Out!! Otherwise, I think I prefer them than first-party ones now.  :-X

Offline adoringbunny

• ☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*
« Reply #928 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 12:31:01 »
I'm looking forward to a few games on Kickstarter... Re:Legend and Farm Folks, specifically!

Otherwise, I'm always excited for more Switch games.

Offline dndlmx

« Reply #929 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 21:14:58 »
Idk about anyone else, but this Pokemon RPG that is coming out in 2019 that they've been talking about today. If it's as good as it could be, I'm going to take a month off next year for this release....

Offline Senthura

• Your Doom
« Reply #930 on: Tue, 24 July 2018, 01:35:12 »
Weirdly enough…Farming Simulator 19
Ducky Shine 3 TKL Blue switch & Green backlight

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #931 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 03:08:11 »
oh hell yes

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #932 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 09:40:25 »

I am always excited for DMC but CyberPunk is a new title to which I am looking forward to the most. It's been a while since a game like that has been announced, eagerly waiting for the gameplay, watched enough of the interviews hehe!

Looking forward to cyberpunk quite a bit myself as well; I love scifi and the world looks interesting as hell. Hoping it lives up to the hype as usual. Also; Anthem not necessarily because I'm interested in those games anymore much more than in passing, but I want to see if they can do Destiny better than bungie.

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #933 on: Fri, 03 August 2018, 20:00:15 »

Looking forward to cyberpunk quite a bit myself as well; I love scifi and the world looks interesting as hell. Hoping it lives up to the hype as usual. Also; Anthem not necessarily because I'm interested in those games anymore much more than in passing, but I want to see if they can do Destiny better than bungie.

I think they'll screw Anthem with micro-transactions out the ass. I've been playing Warframe when I want that action kind of fix; Destiny 2 has been decent during xpac releases, but then it just dies out and they've tied a good bit to open-world with the last one, making it somewhat annoying at times.

Offline firezlife

« Reply #934 on: Sun, 05 August 2018, 10:06:06 »
Monster Hunter on PC in 4 days! :D

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #935 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 11:43:52 »

I think they'll screw Anthem with micro-transactions out the ass. I've been playing Warframe when I want that action kind of fix; Destiny 2 has been decent during xpac releases, but then it just dies out and they've tied a good bit to open-world with the last one, making it somewhat annoying at times.

You think so? I would hope not, could be a huge cash cow for them if they don't screw up like everyone else.

The hype is so real, it's like christmas in august

Offline molecularronin

« Reply #936 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 17:45:25 »
Super duper stoked for monster hunter coming for PC very soon, i'll be nabbing a copy ASAP

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #937 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 18:34:55 »
Super duper stoked for monster hunter coming for PC very soon, i'll be nabbing a copy ASAP

Everyone put a $Dollar in the box,  so Tp4 can fordz Monster Hunter..

Offline firezlife

« Reply #938 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 09:17:38 »

The hype is so real, it's like christmas in august

[/quote]

It's MonHun Day.  Happy happy joy joy!!

Offline SJHL

« Reply #939 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 09:55:02 »
For those who dont know, you should be able to install the game remotely on the Steam app if your PC is on. I believe it'll be automatically installed on the default drive.

Edit: For MHW release.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 August 2018, 10:08:20 by SJHL »

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #940 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 11:20:20 »

(Attachment Link)
Do Electric-Dollaridoos count? It's a currency I just made up.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #941 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 15:14:42 »

(Attachment Link)

Here's the plan..

We start a new cryptocurrency called Dollaridooz..

Then... we hire a promotion firm in china to push Dollaridooz to investors..

Then... we take the first stage funding to rent out a mining facility at low difficulty..

Before the first major difficulty raise,  we sell.. jump ship..

Then Tp4 can finally fordz Monster Hunter World

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #942 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 23:38:29 »

(Attachment Link)

Here's the plan..

We start a new cryptocurrency called Dollaridooz..

Then... we hire a promotion firm in china to push Dollaridooz to investors..

Then... we take the first stage funding to rent out a mining facility at low difficulty..

Before the first major difficulty raise,  we sell.. jump ship..

Then Tp4 can finally fordz Monster Hunter World

It's fool proof!

Offline stolenweapon

« Reply #943 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 00:47:40 »
new smash
OTD 356CL Black | 2x OTD 356CL Gunmetal | OTD 356.2 Factory Gray Ano 1/2 | 2x OTD 356.2 Blue Grey | 2x OTD 356mini Military Green | 5x OTD 356mini Red | OTD 356mini Black | 9x OTD 360C Apple Silver | 2x OTD 360C Hyper Grey | OTD 356L | 2x OTD 356N MKII Black | OTD 456GT Pink & Black | 3x OTD 356 Pad (2x Black, 1x Military Green) | 2x OTD Koala WKL Silver & Black | OTD Koala WK Silver & Black

TGR Jane V2 Pink Prototype 1/1 | TGR Jane V2 1/2 Brushed Toblerone Weight | 8x TGR Jane V2 | 6x TGR Jane CE V2 | TGR 910RE | TGR 910 VKC | TGR Alice Purple 1/5 | TGR Alice Red | TGR-03 | TGR Tris

LZ-SE | 3x LZ-RE | LZ-CP | LZ-MP SE

Keycult No.2 Stainless Steel | 2x KMAC Happy | 2x DK Saver MX & Alps

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #944 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 12:56:37 »
I've only logged like 4 hours on the new MH so far; but I can't remember the last time a game had lived up to the hype I generated about it (subjective.), it's been absolutely amazing and a ton of fun. They did excellent with the loading times and seamlessness of single player vs multiplayer experience. Looking forward to playing a ton more. If you're on the fence, and you enjoy games like this; I can't recommend it more.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #945 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 14:10:56 »
I've only logged like 4 hours on the new MH so far; but I can't remember the last time a game had lived up to the hype I generated about it (subjective.), it's been absolutely amazing and a ton of fun. They did excellent with the loading times and seamlessness of single player vs multiplayer experience. Looking forward to playing a ton more. If you're on the fence, and you enjoy games like this; I can't recommend it more.

Offline method_

« Reply #946 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 03:59:08 »
Well it looks like Red Dead Redemption 2 is around the corner !
thock program.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #947 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 06:49:40 »
Well it looks like Red Dead Redemption 2 is around the corner !
I am so hyped for that!

Offline method_

« Reply #948 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 07:42:51 »
Same, the latest gameplay trailer last week provoked a blood rush.
thock program.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #949 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 07:55:13 »
I just can't wait to get sucked into the story.
I haven't _really_ been into a game since I played the last RDR.