Author Topic: [IC] SA Espresso - GB is live! Ending May 14th  (Read 75279 times)

Offline Mutt

• Nooby Noob Noob
Re: [IC] SA Espresso - GB is live! Ending May 14th
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 16:20:58 »
Hi all,

First post, first keyboard, first GB, so bear with me! I absolutely love the look of this set and think it will go great with a wooden case but I've hit a couple of snags to sort out before I can commit to buying this.

I'm looking at using a BM60 ISO PCB because I like the form factor and I don't have the patience for that much soldering any more! I should need the alphas, TKL, and the ISO kits for a UK layout however, what looks like a 6.25U space is followed by 5 x 1U keys (3 for arrows) but the TKL doesn't have a 1U Alt which means adding the specialty kit FOR another €32 just to get a single key! Is that normal on group buys? This isn't a criticism, as I say, I'm new here and would appreciate hearing other viewpoints.

Also, thanks to what I assume is f%$>@ing Brexit, mykeyboard.eu don't appear to be accepting orders under €155 for UK based orders. Is anyone else here UK based and ordering these? Is it better to order from elsewhere and do you know if there are customs charges on this kind of thing?

TIA for any advice,

Offline cijanzen

Re: [IC] SA Espresso - GB is live! Ending May 14th
« Reply #201 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 20:16:26 »
Hi all,

First post, first keyboard, first GB, so bear with me! I absolutely love the look of this set and think it will go great with a wooden case but I've hit a couple of snags to sort out before I can commit to buying this.

I'm looking at using a BM60 ISO PCB because I like the form factor and I don't have the patience for that much soldering any more! I should need the alphas, TKL, and the ISO kits for a UK layout however, what looks like a 6.25U space is followed by 5 x 1U keys (3 for arrows) but the TKL doesn't have a 1U Alt which means adding the specialty kit FOR another €32 just to get a single key! Is that normal on group buys? This isn't a criticism, as I say, I'm new here and would appreciate hearing other viewpoints.

Also, thanks to what I assume is f%$>@ing Brexit, mykeyboard.eu don't appear to be accepting orders under €155 for UK based orders. Is anyone else here UK based and ordering these? Is it better to order from elsewhere and do you know if there are customs charges on this kind of thing?

TIA for any advice,
5 1u keys isn’t very common for a bottom row. It’s hard to capture every keyboard layout in a reasonably priced kit and unfortunately the outliers often have to pay a bit more to buy an extension kit of some sorts.

It’s the price of a more unique layout unfortunately. So yes, this is normal if your board falls outside of more common conventions.

With that said, I’d say these kits are very reasonably priced for what they are. If you like the colourway, best to join now rather than regret it later and pay more on the aftermarket.