Author Topic: [IC] Gundam Barbatos Artisan Keycap  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Fyfijyf

[IC] Gundam Barbatos Artisan Keycap
« on: Thu, 30 June 2022, 16:56:13 »
Hey Everybody,

I also wanted to share my take on the Gundam Barbatos from the Iron Blooded Orphans anime. This was fully designed in fusion 360 by myself based off my own drawings and reference material. I tried to pack as much detail as I could given the scale of a keycap. This keycap is based on a bust I did of the Barbatos and it's torso, scaled down and trimmed for keyboards.

After I design and render each cap, they're printed using bio degradable resin and hand painted and finished. Due to the way I created the classic inner frame of the Barabtos first, I've been able to create both the Barbatos sclupt, and a plain inner frame head as well. I'm personally a big fan of the inner frame design from IBO, an beyond having this along, it also enables me to create any other IBO Gundam head sculpts people would like to see, so let me know!

As I mentioned, currently I have the inner frame sculpt and Barbatos completed and ready to produce. I currently use the inner frame as the LED key on my keyboard and it's one of my favorites! Similarly to my Woundwort sculpt, the goal would be to create a limited run of these depending on interest where each cap would be numbered & arrive with proof of authenticity signed by myself. Let me know what Y'all think!!!
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ