Author Topic: [GB] Modern M0110 custom keyboard  (Read 271716 times)

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
Re: [GB] Modern M0110 custom keyboard
« Reply #700 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 09:14:53 »
Is there a plate file?

Offline TheBlackHammer

« Reply #701 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 09:16:05 »
Is there a plate file?
Yea check the GitHub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline colonelpanic

« Reply #702 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 04:10:43 »
Do you mind sharing the color profile/information for the light sand? I have an aluminum numpad that I was hoping to sandblast and cerakote in light sand to match the M0110.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #703 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 21:03:32 »
Do you mind sharing the color profile/information for the light sand? I have an aluminum numpad that I was hoping to sandblast and cerakote in light sand to match the M0110.

It's "light sand"  H-142 finish.

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #704 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 00:21:31 »
Correct ^

Also if anyone is interested, I have a few leftover kits of the XDA Oblique set designed for this keyboard. Works well with any 60% with HHKB style blockers.

https://www.deskcandy.xyz/shop/xda-oblique-modern-m0110-bhkyg?category=keycaps

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #705 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 01:57:11 »
Europe and China proxy orders are now on their way to their destinations, after an expected amount of paperwork and price comparison since these things are so damn heavy (shipping ~250 lbs of keyboards to China was not as intuitive as I thought lol). Which means that Desk Candy's work to fulfill the GB is now complete. We will do our best to assist with any issues that arise with the proxy orders as well.

There will be another extra sale or two on the horizon - more light sand Cerakote (A-stock) and black shotpeen anodized units (no pics yet, probably picking up Monday). Probably in a few weeks so stay tuned on that one.

Otherwise, thanks for the patience everyone and it was a pleasure! Dramatically missed all initial timelines and could not make every single GB participant 110% satisfied, but really really happy that this thing happened and hope you can enjoy these monstrosities in the mechanical keyboard world :)

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!!

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy
Re: [GB] Modern M0110 custom keyboard [COMPLETE]
« Reply #706 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 12:21:50 »
Sneak peek - "tactical black" anodized finish to be offered in the final extras sale (likely running this Sunday!) alongside light sand Cerakote extras. There will be roughly equal quantities of each color available.

Offline piercejenkins

« Reply #707 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 12:24:34 »
How can we get notified of gb start? Will there be an email? If so, how do I get on that list?

Offline TheBlackHammer

« Reply #708 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 12:27:02 »
How can we get notified of gb start? Will there be an email? If so, how do I get on that list?
Hey man sorry but this group buy was held two years ago. The pictures you see are just extras that will be sold on a first come first serve basis

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #709 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 18:01:24 »
Last extras sale will start at 2pm PST tomorrow (Sunday, November 7). There will be a handful of light sand Cerakote (all A-stock) and tactical black (textured, anodized - some A-stock and some B-stock) available.

Pricing:

* Light Sand Cerakote A-stock $499
* Tactical Black A-stock $599
* Tactical Black B-stock $499

Pricing for the tactical black is higher as it is a special limited color - only 10 were produced.

Offline piercejenkins

« Reply #710 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 14:52:29 »
Where do I buy this!!

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #712 on: Mon, 09 November 2020, 23:14:23 »
Here are some more pics of the tactical black finish. Pricing is also adjusted $100 down to be in line with the Cerakote extras ($499 and $399 for A-stock and B-stock respectively).

NOTE: no engraving (serial number) on the extra units being sold.

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #713 on: Mon, 09 November 2020, 23:55:01 »
any chance you could share an example of a b-stock? curious to see the grade of quality we can expect from them (level of blemish and such)

thanks!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #714 on: Tue, 10 November 2020, 00:37:08 »
Just want you to know I've been wrestling with the idea of buying a second board.  That black looks great!  I've put it in my cart a few times now :)

If you're in the market for a solid board, this one won't let you down.  It's top mount but quite firm.  But that's one of the things I like about it.

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #715 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 13:51:45 »
any chance you could share an example of a b-stock? curious to see the grade of quality we can expect from them (level of blemish and such)

thanks!

Yep :)

Here are the B-stock units to give you an idea:

255896-0
255898-1
255900-2
255902-3

Mostly small dents and dings which aren't as noticable in the black textured finish. Second one has a bit of a lighter colored streak on the back, which you wouldn't be able to see when the keyboard is on your desk.

Offline beekey

Re: [GB] Modern M0110 custom keyboard [EXTRAS AVAILABLE]
« Reply #716 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 03:36:46 »
Any update from mykeyboard? They should have them by now, right?

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #717 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 10:45:12 »

Mykeyboard's order was delivered at their location in Belgium two weeks ago on 11/2. I can't really control what they do from here but I just pinged David from Mykeyboard and hope he can give you guys an update.

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #718 on: Wed, 18 November 2020, 19:12:17 »
I have a few brass HHKB plates leftover if anyone is interested. Email info@deskcandy.xyz if interested!

Offline Neodeus

« Reply #719 on: Thu, 19 November 2020, 08:32:18 »

Mykeyboard's order was delivered at their location in Belgium two weeks ago on 11/2. I can't really control what they do from here but I just pinged David from Mykeyboard and hope he can give you guys an update.

I bet the Schlieffen Plan got in the way.

Offline Annex

« Reply #720 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 08:07:24 »
Just got a message back from the guys at MyKeyboard:
"Hello, We are shipping out all the order on Monday-Tuesday the coming week."

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #721 on: Thu, 26 November 2020, 15:05:11 »
We have 10 HHKB plates left. Desk Candy is shutting down (physical operations at least) and it's BFCM so these are nearly 50% off ($19 instead of $35).

https://www.deskcandy.xyz/shop/modern-m0110-hhkb-brass-plate?category=SALE

Offline beekey

« Reply #722 on: Thu, 26 November 2020, 15:24:48 »
Looks like they did not. Have not even got a pre shipping notification.

Offline kapowaz

• kapowaz industries
« Reply #723 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 05:47:39 »
I’ve just ordered one of the extras from Desk Candy, and I’ve now noticed the engraving service. Is there anyone you can recommend in the EU who can do the engraving service? I’d love to have mine personalised (particularly the bottom left corner, where the Apple logo would have gone).

Offline Annex

« Reply #724 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 09:41:36 »
Looks like they did not. Have not even got a pre shipping notification.

Same here unfortunately

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #725 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 23:00:57 »
I’ve just ordered one of the extras from Desk Candy, and I’ve now noticed the engraving service. Is there anyone you can recommend in the EU who can do the engraving service? I’d love to have mine personalised (particularly the bottom left corner, where the Apple logo would have gone).

Engraving after anodizing will show the raw aluminum from underneath, just an FYI if you go that route and with the unfinished metal revealed could look slightly "off". It's also difficult to test engraving unless you have a material that matches well because lasers behave differently on different surfaces so you would need to either do a test in an area that isn't visible (underside of top maybe?) or if you somehow have another piece of 6061 aluminum in very similar finish.

Offline beekey

« Reply #726 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 13:03:34 »

Did you get an update? I also asked and got nothing (as usual).

Offline beekey

« Reply #727 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 10:26:29 »

Did you get an update? I also asked and got nothing (as usual).
Answer was: soon.

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #728 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 17:27:53 »
Yep that's about as much as I've gotten too. Was told by David @ Mykeyboard a few weeks ago that the Modern M0110 orders were in a queue with other group buys and they had to work through some other orders first.

Offline beekey

« Reply #729 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 03:02:22 »
Still nothing shipped. Looks like the other GBs have higher prio for them. e.g. Prophet, which arrived weeks after M0110 is shipped first. Strange.

Offline necromanx

• mykeyboard.eu
« Reply #730 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 04:08:43 »
There is nothing strange about that but I understand your worries.
Prophets just started shipping and on top of that we dont limit shipping to a single GB either.
All orders are actually fully prepared to pack and the majority may actually be out today together with a large number of Prophets and daily orders.

Offline beekey

« Reply #731 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 04:49:18 »
There is nothing strange about that but I understand your worries.
Prophets just started shipping and on top of that we dont limit shipping to a single GB either.
All orders are actually fully prepared to pack and the majority may actually be out today together with a large number of Prophets and daily orders.
Sounds good. Looking forward to it. 

Offline Annex

« Reply #732 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 09:08:55 »
Just got a shipping notification from MyKeyboard

It's happening! :eek:

Offline TheBlackHammer

« Reply #733 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 16:59:25 »
would anyone be interested in a fr4 GB. Im planning on getting some plates made using the universal file

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #734 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 17:49:52 »
would anyone be interested in a fr4 GB. Im planning on getting some plates made using the universal file

I'd be down.

Offline TheBlackHammer

« Reply #735 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 19:55:25 »

I'd be down.

Awesome, I just placed an order for the protos if they go well, Ill see how popular an fr4 plate would be and ill do a small groupbuy for them

Offline mwhy

« Reply #736 on: Tue, 12 January 2021, 10:18:13 »
I got mine saturday and have to say that I am disappointed. It has dings and scratches in various places on the top and bottom parts as you can see in the attached files. The ones on the the bottom don't bother me that much because I don't see them when I use it but still at this price they should not be there and the whole thing is just not as clean as promised.
Another thing that is not directly  about ModernM0110 but I'm going to include it since I saw that somebody from mykeyboard is active in the thread:
I ordered the whole package with ModernM0110, the XD60, Matias switches, GMK stabilizers and a walnut wristrest. Of those things things the stabilizers were not delivered and the wristrest is not level so that it wobbles while using it, which is very frustrating. All in all I don't feel I got what I paid for...
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 January 2021, 10:35:08 by mwhy »

Offline beekey

« Reply #737 on: Tue, 12 January 2021, 14:05:19 »
I got mine saturday and have to say that I am disappointed. It has dings and scratches in various places on the top and bottom parts as you can see in the attached files. The ones on the the bottom don't bother me that much because I don't see them when I use it but still at this price they should not be there and the whole thing is just not as clean as promised.
Another thing that is not directly  about ModernM0110 but I'm going to include it since I saw that somebody from mykeyboard is active in the thread:
I ordered the whole package with ModernM0110, the XD60, Matias switches, GMK stabilizers and a walnut wristrest. Of those things things the stabilizers were not delivered and the wristrest is not level so that it wobbles while using it, which is very frustrating. All in all I don't feel I got what I paid for...
I did not get it yet, but should I get such a quality I would send it back. This is not even b-stock, IMHO.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #738 on: Tue, 12 January 2021, 14:14:52 »
I did not get it yet, but should I get such a quality I would send it back. This is not even b-stock, IMHO.

This is the inherent risk of groupbuys that people forget about.

Offline beekey

« Reply #739 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 02:59:27 »

I joined multiple GBs so far. Even much cheaper board had none of these issues, never got a case with so many problems. We should not forget that M0110 was not a cheap case.
The vendor and producer are still accountable for acceptable quality, this should not be a risk for the buyer, regardless of GB or in stock purchase at some store.

Wondering how mykeyboard (I guess it is from them) would send this as a-stock. Could it be damaged during transportation (at least the dents)?

But lets see, I'm still waiting on it. Hope the long QC time is not an indicator that the quality is bad in general.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #740 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 14:34:34 »

I joined multiple GBs so far. Even much cheaper board had none of these issues, never got a case with so many problems. We should not forget that M0110 was not a cheap case.
The vendor and producer are still accountable for acceptable quality, this should not be a risk for the buyer, regardless of GB or in stock purchase at some store.

Wondering how mykeyboard (I guess it is from them) would send this as a-stock. Could it be damaged during transportation (at least the dents)?

But lets see, I'm still waiting on it. Hope the long QC time is not an indicator that the quality is bad in general.

I bet none of them tried to make the board in the US though.

With groupbuys, it's always buyer beware. Everything is made in small batches and, unless they have extras, you get whatever you get unfortunately.

Offline TheBlackHammer

« Reply #741 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 15:20:54 »

With groupbuys, it's always buyer beware. Everything is made in small batches and, unless they have extras, you get whatever you get unfortunately.
It’s really luck of the draw. Now every board is as bad as the pictures they show. My board came out almost flawlessly. Really happy with the quality and the product in general. For me it was more than worth the wait. But I can see how QC should have been much better. I don’t blame the manufacturer as much as I blame the OP for not doing a proper and quality QC

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #742 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 16:54:13 »
I think the blame on the GB runner is less about QC--I'm sure he saw the issues, but probably had no financially feasible options at that point other than to send it out--and more about not having a good prototype before starting the GB.

Top Clack reviewed the prototype here:

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #743 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 14:36:08 »

It’s really luck of the draw. Now every board is as bad as the pictures they show. My board came out almost flawlessly. Really happy with the quality and the product in general. For me it was more than worth the wait. But I can see how QC should have been much better. I don’t blame the manufacturer as much as I blame the OP for not doing a proper and quality QC

GB runner here. Most of the Cerakote keyboards were done *at least* once (I would say for each batch of 20 Cerakote boards, 15+ were coated and sandblasted more than 2 times because of quality issues), anodizing less so but each batch of 5-10 units had at least a couple redos. Tried to keep quality as high as possible but ultimately had limited options both because of budget (I've already lost a lot of money on this GB) and time and poor choices for vendors and deciding to do this project "made in USA" in the first place.

I'm sorry about the quality of this unit and it's hard to make everyone 100% happy with their board. I don't have any replacement boards with which to do an exchange (there were no gray extras) but if you reach out to Mykeyboard I'm happy to talk to them and see if there's anything we can do.

Offline mwhy

« Reply #744 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 14:58:14 »
I think this is a silver unit, at least it is way more silver than the TR60 I also have, sadly I couldn't check because it doesn't say anything in the invoice from mykeyboard. I have already contacted them on saturday(09.01.2021) however I have not received a response yet. I will try to contact them again tomorrow though. I appreciate you offering to do something.

I would like to give you some advice in case you ever decide to do something like a groupbuy again or work with customers directly: You seriously have to work on your communication. I will cut you some slack because it was okay at first and towards the end but there were patches of months without updates if I remember correctly. People just want to know whats going on, not making progress is okay and saying that the workshops have not communticated is also okay but you have to tell your customers. I don't think anybody thought this would go 100 percent smoothly. Not having updates is an update worth mentioning, I'm pretty shure there are other people also thinking this way.

Offline deskcandy

• Keyboards your way.
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #745 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 18:34:21 »
I think this is a silver unit, at least it is way more silver than the TR60 I also have, sadly I couldn't check because it doesn't say anything in the invoice from mykeyboard. I have already contacted them on saturday(09.01.2021) however I have not received a response yet. I will try to contact them again tomorrow though. I appreciate you offering to do something.

I would like to give you some advice in case you ever decide to do something like a groupbuy again or work with customers directly: You seriously have to work on your communication. I will cut you some slack because it was okay at first and towards the end but there were patches of months without updates if I remember correctly. People just want to know whats going on, not making progress is okay and saying that the workshops have not communticated is also okay but you have to tell your customers. I don't think anybody thought this would go 100 percent smoothly. Not having updates is an update worth mentioning, I'm pretty shure there are other people also thinking this way.

Thank you for your feedback.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 January 2021, 18:43:05 by deskcandy »

Offline beekey

« Reply #746 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 13:07:12 »
Got my one and it is as expected. Maybe B-/C+ stock at best. Scratched, dents, bad anno. What can I say, awesome design, horrible execution which took more than 2 years.

Will do pictures tomorrow and write to mykeyboard. Honestly, not worth keeping.

Side note: the wrist rest, which was sold as an extra, wobbles. A match made in heaven.

Normally I'm very excited to build it and think about what key-sets might look good on the case, but this time I'm just super disappointed.  :'(
Sad day.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #747 on: Sat, 16 January 2021, 21:36:46 »
I got one of the "b-stocks" (or whatever the ones that were a 100 cheaper were refereed to) and i can not, for the life of me, find anything wrong with it.... I would not of cared, becasue I plan on painting it anyway, but i geuss i just lucked out (or am blind).
Thanks, probably my favorite board, aesthetically speaking.
If there's ever a round 2, i will probably pick up another one. Only design change i would make: The bezels on the sides are slightly smaller then on the original M0110, becasue the layout of modern HHKBs are slightly larger then layout on original M0110, so i would just make the board wider, so the bezels can be as wide as the OG.

Offline mwhy

« Reply #748 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 14:24:45 »
I got one of the "b-stocks" (or whatever the ones that were a 100 cheaper were refereed to) and i can not, for the life of me, find anything wrong with it.... I would not of cared, becasue I plan on painting it anyway, but i geuss i just lucked out (or am blind).

I guess you lucked out hard this time. Paying full price and having dings like these is not very cool.

I don't have any replacement boards with which to do an exchange (there were no gray extras) but if you reach out to Mykeyboard I'm happy to talk to them and see if there's anything we can do.

I have now contacted mykeyboard on th 09.01.2021 and on the 18.01.2021(dd.mm.yyyy) however I still have no response. I find this very unprofessional from their side. Maybe if you reached out too they would finally do something.

Offline TjarleN

« Reply #749 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 23:41:49 »
I have now contacted mykeyboard on th 09.01.2021 and on the 18.01.2021(dd.mm.yyyy) however I still have no response. I find this very unprofessional from their side. Maybe if you reached out too they would finally do something.

It seems that they have often too many support requests to handle. I contacted them a few times and it was noticable that I had to send a reminder message 50% of the time. However your safest bet to get a fast response is contacting one of the Necors on the mykeyboard discord server. Just send them a pm describing your problem and if they dont respond in a day or two send another message. While I did not like that it is hard to get hold of them I must say that all my probelms were solved fast and professional.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 January 2021, 01:53:08 by TjarleN »