geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

Key Cap Sources?

<< < (2/8) > >>

Input Nirvana:
I just posted about this. A link to the wiki, or an abbreviated wiki of keycap sources would be great.

theferenc:
And don't forget there exist other types, such as Topre, ALPS, and IBM (both caps and full keys).

If anyone knows where to get these types of key caps, that would be useful information, as well. I really should just order a set of of the APL keys from Unicomp...

digitalleftovers:

--- Quote from: theferenc;375888 ---And don't forget there exist other types, such as Topre, ALPS, and IBM (both caps and full keys).

If anyone knows where to get these types of key caps, that would be useful information, as well. I really should just order a set of of the APL keys from Unicomp...
--- End quote ---

I heard that you can ask Unicomp for a set of black blanks (IBM compatible).  They look really rough, but then again, a soft-touch finish would look a little out of place on a unicomp or model M.

digitalleftovers:
Oh! For the adventurous folk, there are these Devlin caps (not to be confused with "delrin").  

Wiki Link Here

They are the thick ones on the left:

As far as I know, they only come in one profile, blank, and spherical, but they are definitely different.  This is the company that makes the blank RGB cherry keys that are sold in europe (that replace shift, ctrl, and alt).

theferenc:
I was more suggesting for an eventual wiki on the topic, if that is the route selected. I know this forum is heavily Cherry MX, which is the only reason I mentioned it. There are a few of us out there that rarely, if ever, use MX based keyboards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version