geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

Das Keyboard Key Cap Question

<< < (2/3) > >>

whiskerBox:
The texture of the wasd key is almost identical if not very similar to that of filco's as well

itlnstln:

--- Quote from: whiskerBox;422074 ---The texture of the wasd key is almost identical if not very similar to that of filco's as well
--- End quote ---

WASD might have some inconsistency, then.  Mine are completely smooth.  I doubt they could get any shinier.

kingqway:
I bought keycaps from WASD, and they fit perfectly fine on my das. They don't feel any different at all, and fit perfectly in with all the other keys. I would just warn of you the red (since its more of a red-orange) & making sure you buy the little clips for your stabilizers if you use the metal clip stabilizers. I was going to post up a picture but then I just dropped my phone a couple hours ago and its camera broke :(

EDIT: about the switches.

N8N:
I would consider the texture on my WASD keys to be even, and also slight.  Being ABS, I've already worn it in a bit.  However, that doesn't mean that I like it any less.  My main complaint is the height of the keycaps, although it's hard to fault WASD because I'm sure that they're getting the blank caps from some molding company that's likely making the caps for a whole mess of keyboard manufacturers.  I just think that if they used a lower profile like Cherry they would be even better.

Has anyone received any keys with the new laser process?  I ordered a set on Friday on an impulse.

N8N:
I thought Weyman had posted a pic like that already?  That's the only reason I didn't do it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version