geekhack Community > Off Topic

What are your hopes for 2022?

(1/3) > >>

Stupidface:
My hopes are simple:

A fair number of people had a rough time of it in 2021; I hope 2022 will see them right.

Some people had good luck last year; may their good fortune continue.

What are yours?

Findecanor:
For myself: Find a new job. Back in black. Keep the little sanity I have left. That my body won't break.

• That Microsoft repent and stop putting crap in MS-Windows, and instead work on making the system solid and usable.
• That Facebook/Meta files for Chapter 11, and donate the platform to be run by a non-profit foundation that closes down all commercial activity and privacy-invasion.
• That Bitcoin will plummet, drag Etherium with it and that all the crypto-bros go mad and commit suicide.
• That the US, India and China start taking climate change seriously, and we get a global climate-tax on trade with the remaining countries that don't comply with global treaties.
• That Cherry (or someone) will develop a cheap, silent, Cherry MX Clear Low Profile.
• That Putin takes ill, and hands power over Russia to someone who is secretly a decent person.
• That the effing COVID-19 epidemic dies down

suicidal_orange:
A meteor strike right on my house in the middle of the night should cleanly end my tedious existence along with that of anyone who cares about me so they don't have to suffer. Would be bad for the hundreds of others who live nearby and their families but I'm not that lucky anyway.

iri:

--- Quote from: Findecanor on Sat, 01 January 2022, 09:44:52 ---• That Putin takes ill, and hands power over Russia to someone who is secretly a decent person.

--- End quote ---
Now that's a fairy tale. All other hopes of yours are realistic!

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Sat, 01 January 2022, 11:53:09 ---A meteor strike right on my house in the middle of the night should cleanly end my tedious existence along with that of anyone who cares about me so they don't have to suffer. Would be bad for the hundreds of others who live nearby and their families but I'm not that lucky anyway.

--- End quote ---

Micro-meteorite can hit you and give you a sudden stroke, kind of like sniped by god.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version