Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 863314 times)

Offline Mazora

What computer games do you play?
« Reply #200 on: Thu, 26 January 2012, 13:21:45 »
why would you play when you can work ? I dont get it...

sorry gotta go, need to finish my cobblestone waterpark and then I must work on my LG in quake live
HHKB Pro 2: black case white keys
Filco Masjestouch v2 / MX-Reds / hard lending pads /Dye-sub keycaps
RF-87UW

Offline thp777

« Reply #201 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 18:45:27 »
on pc i play wow and a little TF2, and on xbox i play mw3, bf3 COD4 and super street fighter 4.

Offline Henry Allen Venture

« Reply #202 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 19:58:57 »
Lately I've been playing a heap of BF3, mostly. I also play the STALKER games (particlularly LURK modded Shadow of Chernobyl) and Skyrim (although I've stopped playing that lately because I became way too powerful and it stopped being challenging). Used to play a lot of Minecraft, but I've kind of got bored with that lately.

Ace Combat is easily my favourite game franchise, though. I've played all of the PS2 and X360 games, and the PS2 titles are all amazing. The two for X360 were pretty good, too. Working my way through the PSP titles now, as I only just bothered buying a PSP. So good to be playing a strangereal Ace Combat game again for the first time, becuase I didn't really like the new real-world X360 game that came out recently.

Oh, and I still play heaps of Crash Team Racing with my brother. Pretty sure we'd be number 1 and 2 in the world at CTR by now. I'll fight anyone who says that any of the Mario Kart are even remotely close to being as good as CTR.
Current collection:
Filco Majestouch 104-Key, w/ MX Browns
IBM Model M 52G9700
Leopold FC200R, "white" w/ MX Clears
Ducky DK9008S \'Shining\', white backlit w/ MX Blues
Cherry G80-3494(LCYUS-2), w/ MX Reds for Portal Mod

Not mine, but I\'ve got access to:
Filco Majestouch Linear R Limited Edition, w/ MX Reds
Filco Majestouch 2 \'Ninja\' Tenkeyless, w/ MX Blues
Leopold FC500R, w/ MX Browns

Offline Zamorph

« Reply #203 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 20:51:03 »
What do you guys do in skyrim? I played my heart out on the like first two weeks, did a lot of quests.... Dunno how to keep my self occupied while running around the world haha.

Offline Zamorph

« Reply #204 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 20:55:45 »
Quote from: ripster;503777
Kill a chicken then run.

Lmao, people do get mad when you do that.

Offline keyboardnoob

« Reply #205 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 22:51:19 »
Quote from: Zamorph;503776
What do you guys do in skyrim? I played my heart out on the like first two weeks, did a lot of quests.... Dunno how to keep my self occupied while running around the world haha.

This, I've been pretty much everywhere you can go in the game. It's one of the best, if not the best game that I've played in a long time and don't even care if it was ported to pc, the game is great.

You could max archery and kill people from a distance in 1 shot, good times.
Filco MJ1 TKL MX Brown

Offline Encryptor

« Reply #206 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 23:20:27 »
I started playing Skyrim, but then my husband took over my game and I cannot pry him away.  I also play DC Universe Online a lot, although I haven't logged in for a couple of weeks since I've been really busy at work.

I tried SW:TOR in beta but didn't like it; too much repetative clicking, basically a standard MMO.  DCUO is a bit more action-y.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #207 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 23:43:32 »
Minecraft, L4D1 & 2, etc.  Also whatever happens to be on sale at Steam. =P
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
« Reply #208 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 00:25:22 »
PC : TF2, MW3
PS3 : GT5

I bought a PS3 just to play GT5.
Filco Yellow Edition  | Filco Brown | Filco 2 Brown TKL | G80-1950 | G80-3494 | G80-11900 | Leopold FC500R | Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline Forin

« Reply #209 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 02:19:08 »
I play 'Heroes of might and magic 3 - wog edition' and 'Starcraft: Brood war'.
Ducky DK1087 MX Brown, Filco MJ1 Tenkeyless MX Blue, CM Storm MX Blue

Offline popol

« Reply #210 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 03:05:10 »
PC: BF3, by far the best recent PC fps in a while, in HC conquest mode only. and TF2 of course still at the top.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #211 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 13:27:14 »
I'm trying to slog through "Sniper: Ghost Warrior".  It's a dreadful game and has no redeeming features at all.

Offline Vizaari

« Reply #212 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 15:50:30 »
Ooh, long list, right now i'm beating steel storm.
But normally:
Quake 1,2,CPM,quake live.
Doom, tribes ascend,Team fortress 2 ,starcraft 2 etc.

Offline crun

« Reply #213 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 16:20:20 »
sc2 exclusively

and maybe dota2 from time to time

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #214 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 17:08:14 »
back to "how do you play skyrim" I've got 3 different chars, so it depends on my mood. I'll play my Nord if I want to run around like a wandering badass hunting wolves with my bow or bashing skulls with my 2 handed warhammer (odd combo, I know). He's level 42 or so.

I've got a mage that i don't play much because i'm still on novice/apprentice level spells and am tired of getting 1shot by dragons who bite my head off while i'm hiding behind a rock waiting for my Magicka to regen. (Level 6 IIRC)

Probably my favorite ATM is my sneaky theives guild murderer/theif, It's not at all my personality in real life because i'm a puss, so it's pretty fun. Also it's badass playing MGS style, slicing open foreheads due to the weird models of Skyrim. (level 18~)
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline zirb

« Reply #215 on: Wed, 01 February 2012, 09:52:40 »
I've recently finished Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I've quit gaming.

Jokes aside. StarCraft II, Left 4 Dead 2 are the games I currently play in multiplayer.
In singleplayer I play all sorts of platformers and Bastion.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #216 on: Wed, 01 February 2012, 12:06:25 »
How was Amnesia?  I've got it on my Steam list somewhere but I've never gotten round to playing it.

Offline Iknorite

• n00b
« Reply #217 on: Wed, 01 February 2012, 12:13:19 »
Whats this thread doing in "miscellaneous input devices"? :o
QPAD MK-50 (reds) & Intellimouse 1.1

Offline zirb

« Reply #218 on: Wed, 01 February 2012, 13:17:30 »
@Malphas scary as ****. But now I'm through it, I miss it. I've never experienced such an atmosphere in any game before. The game gives you some breaks with puzzle-parts just right before you get mad ^^. I only can recommend playing it and do what Frictional Games says: In the beginning they tell you to play with headphones and in a dark room => this multiplies all the impressions!
Would love to hear your thoughts when you've begun :D

@Iknorite just have seen that, too ಠ_ಠ

Offline FKSSR

« Reply #219 on: Wed, 01 February 2012, 20:51:02 »
The multiplayer game I play most consistently is Nuclear Dawn, but I also play Red Orchestra, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam, and some others occasionally, as well.

Other than that, I mostly play single-player games.  I'm playing through Batman: Arkham Asylum and Metro 2033 right now.  I just put a dedicated PhysX card in my computer, so I'm going back to the PhysX games that I skipped before because I couldn't stand playing them without seeing the best graphics possible. :P

Also, if anyone's interested, I just started a new blog/site this year where I'm "chronicling" a lot of my game experiences: http://ingamestories.com
Add me on Steam | Twitter

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Lorem Ipsum
« Reply #220 on: Thu, 02 February 2012, 17:19:45 »
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 July 2018, 03:45:29 by davkol »

Offline mr_a500

« Reply #221 on: Mon, 06 February 2012, 07:08:07 »
 :blank:
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 July 2018, 09:18:04 by mr_a500 »

Offline noGG

« Reply #222 on: Mon, 06 February 2012, 13:37:12 »
There's only one game worth mentioning. Starcraft 2.

All joking aside, I also enjoy Tribes: Ascend. God that game is ridiculously fun and satisfying. I've also been playing a bit of Anno 2070. Just started on it though, so I'm not super familiar with it yet. It's pretty fun though and seems like it'll suck up a lot of time once I figure it out. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is coming out soon, but I'm not sure if I'll get that on console or PC. Other than that, I don't really find any other PC game worth playing. Every MMO is the same. BF3 is meh. Skyrim's combat killed the fun after 130 hours. DX: HR only lasted 80 hours. Maybe I'm just being cynical.

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #223 on: Mon, 06 February 2012, 15:13:06 »
Diablo III beta, Starcraft: Brood War, Diablo II, CS Source

Tried to get into Skyrim, but couldn't do it.

EDIT: Almost forgot about Neotokyo! My favorite mod
"money comes and goes, but doubleshots are forever"
-a petty thief

Offline Vyr1s

« Reply #224 on: Mon, 06 February 2012, 15:23:06 »
Main offenders: League of Legends, WoW, D3 Beta

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #225 on: Mon, 06 February 2012, 15:23:08 »
Dungeon Defenders has been taking a lot of my time recently.

Offline 500_pts

« Reply #226 on: Mon, 06 February 2012, 19:30:34 »
Long time dota player.
some fps (bf2/3 cs dod q2ctf)
Played tf2 in cevo-professional.
Quit for wow. Was Mt for top 100 us guild.

Just quit every game for dota 2 :)
REALFORCE 86u | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco TKL| Filco TKL | Leopold TKL | KBT Race

Offline silat

« Reply #227 on: Mon, 06 February 2012, 19:42:31 »
Aces High..........
Fighting the Christian American Taliban daily with my Deck Legend loaded with Cherry MX Clears //
Deck Legend Ice Clears // Deck Legend Frost Clears // Ducky Shining Purple Browns//QPAD MK85 Browns //

« Reply #228 on: Mon, 06 February 2012, 20:50:27 »
Anyone here playing Red Orchestra 2? I bought a copy on a bit of a whim the other day, and I've been playing through the campaign so far. Its OK: the controls are dumb and its buggy as hell. Really don't like the tank sections, but playing as infantry is pretty fun.
Had to ragequit last night because my tank stopped working, even though it wasn't reading any damage, and I couldn't get out, and there was no enemies around to kill me.

It'll be interesting to see how multiplayer goes - it certainly has potential, because the main thing stopping it from being fun at the moment is stupid enemy AI.
Current collection:
IBM Model M 52G9700

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #229 on: Tue, 07 February 2012, 09:47:01 »
Quote from: Henry Allen Venture;507736
Anyone here playing Red Orchestra 2? I bought a copy on a bit of a whim the other day, and I've been playing through the campaign so far. Its OK: the controls are dumb and its buggy as hell. Really don't like the tank sections, but playing as infantry is pretty fun.
Had to ragequit last night because my tank stopped working, even though it wasn't reading any damage, and I couldn't get out, and there was no enemies around to kill me.

It'll be interesting to see how multiplayer goes - it certainly has potential, because the main thing stopping it from being fun at the moment is stupid enemy AI.

I have been playing ROHOS2 every since the beta came out, its a challenging game, with 70% realism in it (the other 30% that are missing the old RO1 vets rave about and refuse to play the new RO2 game until the classic  hardcore mode is not implemented) To type all that is wanted from the classic mode it will take a lot of typing, I can explain you that another day.

As for the game itself its a very good game, not a great game like RO1, but its getting there, they still working on it, fixing it, TWI already have new maps which will be free and they will launch the beta servers for testing it. We already have 3 maps from the community that are made, 1 is being played the other 2 are being polished as we speak. So in other words this game will get tons of attention in time, but when the hardcore mode gets implied then all the vet from RO1 will jump ship for good and we will see even more new contets, mutators and what not else.

As for the gameplay,... I play this game with monstrosity, its tough as nails, 1 shot kill except if u get shot in the arms or legs and be able to hide and bandage in time if you dont get picked again aoffcourse. Its all about team play, they are other modes in the game but almost everybody plays Teritory.

MP is where this game is at, I played the SP for maeby 1 hour and that was it, was just to mess around. If you want to enjoy MP hellhole add me to steam, my steam name is SolitarioSoldat and I will give u a sort of guide in the game and show you descent good server thats full 24/7 64 players non stop.

Here is a video how hot it gets in RO2 MP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTkILvoV0vE&feature=related
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline FKSSR

« Reply #230 on: Tue, 07 February 2012, 11:11:06 »
I bought Red Orchestra 2 and am only playing MP.  I don't play it as much as I'd like due to the other games in my playlist, but I really like RO2 MP.  I feel like playing now that I'm thinking about it... :P

P.S.  Anyone here is welcome to add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/FakeKisser

Offline FKSSR

« Reply #231 on: Tue, 07 February 2012, 11:16:08 »
Quote from: evolveS;507462
Starcraft: Brood War

Nice...  Still playing BW.  I used to play BW, but I've always been rubbish.  I spent more time watching Pros and writing for a community site regarding Pro-SC.  I'm happy with the attention Pro-SC2 is getting, but I just don't have time to keep up with it anymore.

Offline zirb

« Reply #232 on: Tue, 07 February 2012, 12:31:19 »
Quote from: FKSSR;508265
[...]I'm happy with the attention Pro-SC2 is getting, but I just don't have time to keep up with it anymore.

Yeah I think there is generally too much going on in the scene of competitive SC2. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people feel like you, regarding the lack of time for watching what they want to. Even GSL alone is sooo much time you can spend on a broadcast.
I feel the same :/

Offline FKSSR

« Reply #233 on: Tue, 07 February 2012, 13:08:35 »
Quote from: zirb;508319
Yeah I think there is generally too much going on in the scene of competitive SC2. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people feel like you, regarding the lack of time for watching what they want to. Even GSL alone is sooo much time you can spend on a broadcast.
I feel the same :/

Yeah, I kind of have an obsessive personality.  If I feel like I can't keep up with 80-100% of the matches, then I don't really feel like watching any - because then I feel like I'm missing too much.  I don't have to watch every match, but it's even hard to keep up with match reports and other little recap shows.

But, I feel that is something that will get better over time as eSports becomes more established.  I feel like there will have to be something like Kespa that will organize leagues and keep players from playing too much (that will be different than Kespa...).  There may still be different tournaments, but I think it will be more like college bowls - it's still part of the overall schedule (worked into every other match/tournament), but it allows the sponsors and different venues to host.

I don't know, maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. :P

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #234 on: Tue, 07 February 2012, 13:39:17 »
Quote from: FKSSR;508265
I spent more time watching Pros

This. I really got into BW when I saw my first professional matches from the 2007 Ever OSL. I am very happy that even with SC2s release, BW is still relevant.
"money comes and goes, but doubleshots are forever"
-a petty thief

Offline zirb

« Reply #235 on: Tue, 07 February 2012, 13:49:07 »
@FKSSR
Nono you're absolutely right. Starcraft 2 needs something like Kespa, it would be much more organized and easier to follow.
This is just the beginning of an new era I would say and I honestly feel exactly the same as you said in your first two sentences. There's way too much stuff that you could follow. So I end up with just trying to sort out what I really want to watch but can't decide. On the other side I don't just want to watch any match ... But after what you said I'm happy that I'm not the only one ^^
Let's hope for changes there :)

Offline byFd

« Reply #236 on: Tue, 07 February 2012, 13:54:56 »
Quote from: evolveS;508423
This. I really got into BW when I saw my first professional matches from the 2007 Ever OSL. I am very happy that even with SC2s release, BW is still relevant.

fuk yeah. nothing like epic BW matches.

still getting chills when i see the big crowds at OSL finals or pimpest play movies :)
White Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless MX Browns
White Noppoo Choc Mini MX Reds
KBC Poker X MX Reds

« Reply #237 on: Thu, 09 February 2012, 09:21:32 »
Back to Red Orchestra 2... Just played my first few rounds of multiplayer. It was actually heaps of fun, although it's clear I've got plenty of learning to do. Having trouble telling Axis/Allies apart at a distance, which is a pain when I'm playing as a marksman. Got a lot of team kills in my first couple of games. Really looking forward to playing a lot more of this.
Current collection:
IBM Model M 52G9700

Offline FKSSR

« Reply #238 on: Thu, 09 February 2012, 09:53:35 »
Yeah, I had a few team kills in RO2 the first few games... :P

« Reply #239 on: Thu, 09 February 2012, 18:44:26 »
It was weird.
I played two rounds, which were full of me blasting teammates, and then I topped my third match. It was a small server, there were only six a side plus bots, but I was still pretty chuffed.
We were defending the grain elevator gatehouse against the Germans, and I was a rifleman, absolutely carving the incoming Germans up.
It kind of felt too easy: a bullet to the chest was generally an instant kill, which is completely different to what I'm used to with BF3.
I'm assuming a server full of humans is completely different (much harder) though, because the bots all seemed pretty dumb.
Current collection:
IBM Model M 52G9700

Offline boredgunner

• GND-Tech
« Reply #240 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 21:52:22 »
I played RO2 when it came out.  I certainly like it better than any mainstream MP game, partly due to the realism but it also has no balance issues or tacked on crap like other games (perks/streaks from CoD, nonsense weapon attachments from CoD/Battlefield).  With that being said, these games never last me very long.  Lately I've mostly been playing Skyrim along with some ArmA 2: Combined Ops, but I'm also finishing HL2 for the first time since I just got it during the Christmas Steam sale.  I'm quite late with that!  It seems a tad overrated but still beats out most FPS games.
Ducky Shine II TKL (Green LED, Cherry MX Red) | Leopold FC210TP (Cherry MX Blue)

Offline noGG

« Reply #241 on: Thu, 16 February 2012, 15:34:30 »
Sad to see so few people with interest in Tribes: Ascend. More people should check it out! Fast-paced, super skill based shooter thats FREE TO PLAY. And Hi-Rez has been doing an EXCELLENT job at listening to the community.

Offline noGG

« Reply #242 on: Thu, 16 February 2012, 16:02:23 »
Quote from: ripster;516364
My theory is PC gaming is dying.  At least Old Skool play.

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?23661-Why-The-Dude-Thinks-PC-Gaming-Is-Dying

Just like gaming was the killer app for the iPad and Touch.
Just because a few AAA PC ports were bad (Skyrim, I'm looking at your UI) and people pay more attention to PC pirating than console pirating doesn't mean PC gaming is dying. Also, I can't tell if the post you linked is serious or just a really odd joke.

Offline megnin

• Topre, or not Topre? That is the question.
« Reply #243 on: Thu, 23 February 2012, 15:33:54 »
Angry Birds  ;-)
“The only difference between me and a madman is I'm not mad." -- Salvador Dali

Offline bace

« Reply #244 on: Thu, 23 February 2012, 17:29:12 »
SC2 and random steam games. but i havent been able to play any games since january after i broke my arm D:
[Current] : Maxkeyboard NightHawk x8 ; Topre Realforce 103UB 55g ; Topre TypeHeaven

[Past] : Noppoo Choc Mini ; Das Keyboard Pro ; Filco Majestouch 2 Linear R Black Ninja 104 ; White Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 104 ; Plu ML-87

Logitech G500

Offline Game Theory

« Reply #245 on: Thu, 23 February 2012, 19:19:28 »
Skyrim until I started thinking more about keyboards .....
... he's just a poor kid from the stupid ages.
Realforce 104UG | Realforce 91U | IBM SSK | IBM 5251 BeamSpring | IBM Model F XT |  IBM Model F AT | IBM SSK | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX Blue) | KMAC LE (MX Green)| Northgate Omni Key 101 | Avant Stellar Prime

Offline FKSSR

« Reply #246 on: Thu, 23 February 2012, 20:10:31 »
Quote from: bace;523557
SC2 and random steam games. but i havent been able to play any games since january after i broke my arm D:

BOOOOOOooooooo...

I'm playing through Metro 2033 right now before going on to Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood...2012 is going to be a big backlog year for me between a few new releases like the upcoming...Mass Effect 3!!!

Offline yttrium

• http://boards.4chan.org/g/
« Reply #247 on: Fri, 24 February 2012, 06:36:03 »
What don't I play?

StarCraft II, Team Fortress 2, Terraria, Minecraft, Skyrim, Portal, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Savage 2, and more that I forget off the top of my head.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #248 on: Fri, 24 February 2012, 12:12:30 »
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 December 2018, 13:13:21 by davkol »

Offline Horgath

« Reply #249 on: Fri, 24 February 2012, 13:38:02 »
Kingdoms of Amalur
Skyrim
Minecraft
Osmos