Author Topic: G903 wireless charging  (Read 11656 times)

Offline typo

G903 wireless charging
« on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 08:27:10 »
Couple questions. Their charging mousepad is much too large for my area. I have a small QI induction charging puck which is the technology it uses. I was wondering to charge if the mouse needs to be on top of the puck or just next to it shall suffice? Then this little puck is 1500ma(1.5A). does anyone know what the limit of he mouse is? If it can take say 2A obviously it would charge faster but nowhere to be found in specs. I also found it odd you must install the weight. People are taking the battery out of this to make it lighter. Honestly I feel no difference in friction wired or wireless so I just might do that hack anyways. Of course Logitech isquick to point out that it voids the warranty. This, given the way Logitech tosses free replacement product around. If it works simply next to the puck that is probably my deal.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: G903 wireless charging
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 08:39:03 »
well u'd have to double check if there's a digital handshake involved..

There probably is, because logi wouldn't want other people to make generic charging mousepads for their mice.

They want to lock in that $100

Offline typo

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 09:25:13 »
Only way I will know that secret is if it does not charge. To answer my other questions the pucks can often radiate their full energy up to 1.6" currently. Samsung has the most powerful charger at 2A but it decides what it wants to charge at and very often will not go above 1a, I will try this. Otherwise I am going to remove the battery, use a lighter wired mouse. I wish I knew how to get the feet off without damaging them. I know there is a trick with some solvent. Search!

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 18:11:33 »
Pretty sure I heard somewhere that Logitech already stated a QI charger will not work.

Regardless, what the OP wants will not work.
Generally you get the most power the closer to center you get (typically it's a circular coil in a square pad), while a Samsung puck may radiate enough energy to do an imperfect charge, most of these systems do not. On my QI dock  it needed to be with 1/4-1/2in of center, which is why it needed 3 separate coils in it to make sure one of them lined up depending on the phone.

By the way OP, why not just get a 903 and use it with the charger, it will last you two days minimum.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline typo

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 03:04:45 »
Nah, As I said I feel no difference using it wired with a cable tether. So I am going to do the battery removal hack. Might as well make it lighter and get something more out of it since not using the wireless feature. Quite frankly then I might as well use the G502 which I also have and vastly prefer as a righty. Just because the G903 is more money does not make it the better mouse for me and I have both of them right here. I will try without the battery and see how I like it otherwise the G502 fits me like a glove. It is heavier but better balanced IMO. Just preferences. It is not like I do not have plenty of experience with both. Plus Logitech receiver is causing USB issues on this machine.

One thing I think is stupid is that you must use the weight/antennae making it even heavier just to take advantage of wireless charging. Bet that gets addressed in new model. Whenever that happens. I figure no battery weight might jive with me. If not, G502 is really my favorite mouse. Plus try buttons on both sides of G903. Tricky, but G502 has those buttons and placed where I can use them too. Just much more ergonomic for righty.

However super lightweight no battery may win out. Don't know yet. Void warranty, being Logitech not concerned. They never even want the item back anyhow. People use this to get free product which is not nice. However if it breaks with no battery I will not be guilty since it would certainly not be the lack of a battery that caused the failure.

It indeed does not work with QI, that blows. I also think QI blows. Like you said how lazy not to plug in cable other than repeated use of port, failure on Micro USB. Having to put it right on the little disk, makes little sense to me. How is that of benefit to anyone? We have become too lazy to plug in a cable now? The Humanity!

Can anyone just please tell me what solvent/chemical I want to use to remove the feet? Or other technique? I always ruin them. I understand I will have to reapply adhesive but I do not wish to mangle the things up as I always end up doing. I know there is a method to doing this but I do not know what it is. Search here is not helping me. I would appreciate if anyone elaborates on this. then I can ultimately decide Which rodent I prefer. Wired Vs. Wired. Regardless of how I cut this I have about 60 mice here and other than the usual vintage suspects it falls between the 502 and 903 for me personally. I lean toward the 502 but lack of battery in the 903 may very well change that. Notwithstanding the button placement on 903. I hope someone can point me to a post regarding removal of feet. Actually, I wonder if it is even worthwhile? Is it going to be exceptionally noticeably lighter than say a 403? I am guessing it is not even going to be that light. Unless the Lipo in there weighs more than 25 grams. Maybe just a waste of my time? I see a lot of folks were eager to do that however. Must be some reason to gut a $150 mouse. . Thanks

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 05:44:31 »
Far as I have found, there is no way to get them off without damaging them, the glue is too strong and the teflon too soft.
Pretty sure you can get replacements from Logitech or other companies.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 06:40:02 »
Far as I have found, there is no way to get them off without damaging them, the glue is too strong and the teflon too soft.
Pretty sure you can get replacements from Logitech or other companies.

The official logitech ones are better, because they have rounded edges.

Offline typo

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 20:15:47 »
Get this. their mouse mat is simply too large for the space I have. There is no Handshake or encryption. It is not QI either. What it is in fact is the older technology just before QI hit all the phones. They used it because the coils are smaller and they can fit a bunch of them I that mouse pad. there whole thing draws 500ma. I knew I had one and I was pretty sure where it was. Went digging. Found it. this is a whopping 1,500ma so it throws the signal just under 6.5". It is indeed working fine with my beloved Mouse rug. That was good luck. So I am going to use it wirelessly after all. Taking out the battery is moot due to the weight of the cord anyways. Not sure why some people did that. However, ruining the feet is out of the question to me. AFAIK Logitech does not sell replacement feet but they will be happy to give us all new mice! Doh.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 20:52:30 »
The official logitech ones are better, because they have rounded edges.
Agreed
I was not that impressed with aftermarket ones, way over rated.

AFAIK Logitech does not sell replacement feet but they will be happy to give us all new mice! Doh.
They do not have the g903 feet on the site, but you can email and get them.
Worst case, you can use the g900 feet and just trim the rear most a bit to clear the door.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline typo

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 09:38:32 »
Well it went red. So much for that Idea. I think I can still play around with it's positioning etc. Maybe if I am lucky.

Offline typo

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 09:57:21 »
No, My idea did not work. Duh. I feel no difference wired or wireless. Would be nice to get rid of the battery then but not at the expense of the feet. It kind of needs those. I could order a set and then do it.

Offline Annaa

• Allicdata Semiconductor Limited
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 04:12:54 »
get a 903 and use it with the charger, it will last you two days minimum