Author Topic: Starcraft 2 HOTS Tournament [SIGNUPS CLOSED] Brackets Generated  (Read 34427 times)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: Starcraft 2 HOTS Tournament [SIGNUPS CLOSED] Brackets Generated
« Reply #300 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 01:21:34 »
tl;dr - sorry

Has there been a winner yet?

This again! Still got this set of RGB to give away :P

As someone pointed out earlier this tournament didn't really deserve a prize. Maybe we should look at it like a test run and you provide the RGB set for the next tournament?

But after all that's your decision of course ;)

Offline Johan

« Reply #301 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 06:56:25 »
I didn't mean what I said as a personal attack, I do like the flexibility but there need to be set dates, like you would need to play during the weekend and when during the weekend doesn't matter. That way there would a proggress during each week rather then what we had.
Uh, stuff.

Offline viowastaken

« Reply #302 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 10:00:22 »
So yeah sunday came and went without any games. I forgot/was busy, as I imagine Rek was, since I haven't seen a response from him here either.

I'm going to respectfully ask the kind donator of the prize that it be put to better use. To be honest this tournament has been a bit of a scandal from start to end, and it feels very wrong to even have a prize in it. I think the gesture is much too kind and too nice for this.

Just my 0.02.

prize or no prize would you like to play this sunday, I will contact you personally so there isnt any "issues" to speak of, how about we set a fixed time so there isnt an issue

I'm more referring to the attenders than the organization when I say that the tournament has been a bit of a scandal. I don't mind the fluid time schedule thing, but as far as I can tell there was a pretty staggering number of walkover wins, where both the people who were supposed to play each other didn't even respond beyond signing up for the tournament.

If the tournament was a fixed schedule or walkover setup I think a gold leaguer would probably win the whole thing by walkover as long as he was good at showing up for his scheduled match :P
Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Cherry MX Brown with Ducky thick PBT white/grey

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline rekanise

« Reply #303 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 12:07:28 »
but there isn't much that we can do with regards to the seriousness of the signups.. unless you enforce some kind of rule, people who are a noshow once, get penalized for subsequent tournaments etc..

Offline Johan

« Reply #304 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 15:44:40 »
Were there any games this sunday?
Uh, stuff.

Offline whiteduck

« Reply #305 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 14:33:06 »
who is da winner!!>!!!!>  also when does the June tour start?  It would be cool to start these weekly or bi-monthly and have set time schedules.
-wd

Offline Johan

« Reply #306 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 15:44:29 »
I guess its safe to say its not going to happen?
Uh, stuff.