Author Topic: First time modding a mechancal keyboard, bottom row broken (Redragon K530 60%)  (Read 2730 times)

Offline DJNGZ

Hi guys, first time posting on here (hope this is the right place to post this).

I have had my keyboard, A Redragon K530 60% for about a year now without any problems, and recently decided it was time to customize it (first time for me). I went quite heavy on the mods; Akko CS jelly purple switches, hand lubed them, new keycaps set, stabs trimmed and lubed, holee mod, bandaid mod, tempest tape mod to PCB, poron switch pads, case foam, etc. After about 10 hours of hard work, I got to reassemble my keyboard yesterday. Then it was time for testing. Everything seemed fine on my key tester programme, untill I got to the bottom row of the keyboard. None of the bottom row keys work.

*Every key has two pins, I will be refering to the higher/left pin as the NW (North-West) pin, and the lower/right pin as the SE (South-East) pin. Hope this clears things up.

I am a noob when it comes to troubleshooting PCB's and electronics in general, but I've figured out that when I bridge the SE pin of the broken, bottom row with the NW pin of a higher row, it registers the keypress corresponding to the key on the higher row. If I turn this around and bridge the NW pin of the broken bottom row to the SE pin of a higher row, nothing happens. This would indicate to me that the SE pins are fine but the NW pins are not working on the bottom row.

Any guidance on how I might proceed to fix this would be greatly appreciated, but remember, I'm very new to this so explaining things in Layman's terms would definitely help. I have attached some pics of the PCB. If more detailed pics are required let me know!

Thanks guys