Author Topic: What's the lightest mouse that i can get? Just wondering.  (Read 19135 times)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
What's the lightest mouse that i can get? Just wondering.
« on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 12:32:07 »
Since i do a lot of heavy computer work at school, i have to use a membrane keyboard(mentioned in one of the earlier forum posts that i'm active on)  and the worst mouse i've ever seen. Due to my tiny hands, it is very uncomfortable to use and extremely unaccurate. I want one that is more gamer-oriented but at the same time doesn't look like a christmas tree on acid.
The games that i play are usually Clustertruck, CS Surf, Roblox, and .io games. In addition to that, i also play some zapper games on an emulator so i want something that can click fast, and is accurate.
Also, most of the mice i've tried are quite heavy and it is a chore just to click stuff because of the lack of sensitivity. I want something to take the heavyness off of my hands and make it easier to work and play.
I also want something that is plug and play, meaning that no additional software is required to be downloaded onto the computer in order to use it. I use a shared workstation which restricts installing programs.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Bitba_t :thumb:

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
Re: What's the lightest mouse that i can get? Just wondering.
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 12:52:53 »
https://www.finalmouse.com/ is probably right up your alley.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 18:01:41 »
Thanks!!

Offline vegs

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 05:59:13 »
If weight is everything, Finalmouse Air58 is what you're looking for. I have medium-small (~18cm*9cm) hands, and I found it just too big for me though.

If weight isn't everything, you can check out Zowie mice. S1 Divina or FK2 might fit you. They are driverless as well.

Another option is Logitech. They have several mice that could fit well with smaller hands. G303, G305, G Pro/G Pro wireless.. They are however not driverless.
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline pentawater

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 21:17:07 »
finalmouse

Offline Nerd

• Nerd (Aka Alex) Aka Garbage. Sister: @sintpinty
    • My Youtube channel!
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 25 March 2019, 10:25:27 »
Finalmouse is a great site, i recommend them. Lightest mice on the market, and they are great for daily tasks like gaming or productivity.  :thumb:
"The world's nerdiest nerd that loves Youtube."

Consider subscribing to my channel, TanookiAlex. That would be greatly appreciated, thank you! Link is: Youtube.com/c/tanookialex.

*  Subscriber Goal - 735/1000 *

Offline Eklipses

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 21:10:24 »
Its impossible to purchase an Air58 nowdays unless you are willing to shell out alot of money and buy it from resellers. Mad Catz R.A.T. 1 Mouse would be the lightest mouse in the market and weights 50g excluding the cable weight.  Glorious PC is coming out with Model O   that weights about 67 gram.
Home= Input Club K- type (Zealios 65g), Ducky One 2 Mini (MX Speed Silver), Realforce RGB(Silent)

Work= Ducky Realforce 104U 45g (Silent)

Offline _GMK_

• not affiliated with GMK
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 21:49:58 »
Final mouse has a very bad reputation, and they treat their customers like ****.
I would buy the gmmk model o, or the Logitech g Pro wireless.

Offline Timbersawdust

• aka snorlax
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 17:33:57 »
Final mouse has a very bad reputation, and they treat their customers like ****.
I would buy the gmmk model o, or the Logitech g Pro wireless.

They do make a good product, however. If you end up being the unlucky few that gets a faulty product and needs to contact them, then good luck to you. However, mine is the best thing I've ever purchased...

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 17:59:49 »
Update y'all: finally found one that suits my preference. The G302  :p

Offline Stupidface

• Looks like I picked the wrong week to joinGeekhack
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 31 August 2019, 08:12:34 »

Now that you've had this for 90 days, would you care to update us as to how this has worked out?

Also: Can anyone elaborate as to what Logitech's 2-year limited hardware warranty will (and won't) cover?  Will they replace the mouse free, no questions asked, for a period of two years from the date of purchase?

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 31 August 2019, 11:30:50 »

Now that you've had this for 90 days, would you care to update us as to how this has worked out?

Also: Can anyone elaborate as to what Logitech's 2-year limited hardware warranty will (and won't) cover?  Will they replace the mouse free, no questions asked, for a period of two years from the date of purchase?

G302 is going good, however it is best for casual gaming and productivity due to its sensor .Its a better productivity mouse than it is for gaming.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 31 August 2019, 19:44:39 »
There's also G303 and 305

Not the same as g303/g302

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 31 August 2019, 19:55:22 »
To all you who suggested finalmouse -- screw you.

.... Now I have another stupid expensive peripheral on my wish list. This hobby just keeps on taking doesn't it?
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline Stupidface

• Looks like I picked the wrong week to joinGeekhack
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 01 September 2019, 09:57:00 »

G302 is going good, however it is best for casual gaming and productivity due to its sensor .Its a better productivity mouse than it is for gaming.

Thank you for the reply.  In your opinion, (and taking it as read that you exercise reasonable care in daily use) is the build quality sufficient that you think it likely to outlast the 2-year warranty?
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 September 2019, 10:00:24 by Stupidface »

Offline Nuji

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 07:41:17 »

.... Now I have another stupid expensive peripheral on my wish list. This hobby just keeps on taking doesn't it?

check out their twitter and now you suddenly don't want to buy it anymore.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 09:56:50 »

check out their twitter and now you suddenly don't want to buy it anymore.

Final Mouse is the new Pokemon.   KewlurMestar is just Jealous they're not fashionable no more,   blame it on their trashy girls campaign..

Offline Coreda

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 10:26:40 »
A graphics tablet stylus perhaps, though maybe there are some regular mice that are lighter? The most comfortable to handle as well that I've used (haven't tried vertical mice but can't imagine the fixed angle could beat the flexibility of angles of a pen shape).

Offline TINYisTOXIC

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 23:10:54 »
Glorious Model O-, Glorious Model O, Cooler Master MM710, G Wolves Skoll, Razer Viper, Endgame Gear XM1, Zowie ZA13, Zowie S2. Thank me later!

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 08 September 2019, 18:07:06 »
The Zaunkoenig M1K will be much lighter than the other options you are considering. You'll have to wait a bit for it to come out, and deal with a high price, the sacrifice of almost every feature, and all the typical uncertainties of a new product from a new company, but if you're really after the lightest, that'll be it.

Alternatively: have you tried a trackball? Then you won't have to grip something that's too large, or lift anything.
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 09:43:28 »
The Zaunkoenig M1K will be much lighter than the other options you are considering. You'll have to wait a bit for it to come out, and deal with a high price, the sacrifice of almost every feature, and all the typical uncertainties of a new product from a new company, but if you're really after the lightest, that'll be it.

Alternatively: have you tried a trackball? Then you won't have to grip something that's too large, or lift anything.

Haven't tried a trackball

Offline Bawsky

• Give Deathcaps pls
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 23:07:40 »
Model 0. It's not the lightest, but it's reasonably priced. It's my daily driver for FPS games.

Offline typo

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 06:51:32 »
I just realized I guess it is FPS players that want the lightest no frills mouse to whip around? Stuff like the G502 with all the buttons and weight are for other types of games? As far as productivity something like the G502 reigns supreme IMO since weight is not an issue and the macros are. Although ultimately a Track ball is probably best for your actual health? After years of usage, more and more pain from Logitech gaming mice. I prefer their mice bar none. Different ones currently as well. I finally went to a MX Ego, vastly preferred it. Then quickly graduated to a top of the line Elecom model Thumb ball. I liked it so much so I am currently calling it my end game and not looking back. even though it just happens to appear to be dying on me in just 20 days for $$$ It "was" most certainly accurate enough for FPS. This one only I would say. they use it in japan for such. It has Zero weight! In fact, negative if you spin the ball! That could get you ejected for cheating though I would imagine. Anyhow, I just realized I never knew what mouse was for what type of game. since i always used gaming mice for coding! simply because I make usage of all the macro buttons. I suppose for coding the only matter of weight is going to be the level of pain associated with it! Here, removing all that weight while retaining all the buttons and accuracy was just what the Doctor ordered! not just the weight, but repetitive movement of said weight causes this of course. So, why not repetitive movement of the thumb, I have no clue but I have enjoyed them on and off for years. now they finally make a "viable" one. I did not come here to speak of track balls in all honesty however. i just never understood why some people wanted such light mice with no buttons until just a few hours ago it dawned on me while watching a vide of folks paying an FPS!