Author Topic: America Fu*k Yeah  (Read 232009 times)

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
Re: America Fu*k Yeah
« Reply #400 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 18:31:19 »

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #401 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 18:53:54 »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #402 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 20:04:40 »
Show Image

Mmmmmm dat bacon. Dat Sig. Dat mug.

Offline Halvar

« Reply #403 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 02:37:17 »
Eeeew that bread. That bacon. That coffee.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #404 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 03:25:42 »
I wondered whether the gun is there are a symbol of what is quintessentially American, or to shoot anyone who tried to take his bacon!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Malphas

« Reply #405 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 03:38:10 »
That photo is lacking a smouldering ashtray and pack of Lucky Strikes. Then it would be perfect

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #406 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 03:47:26 »
Eeeew that bread. That bacon. That coffee.

You're in the wrong thread, pilgrim

Offline iri

« Reply #407 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 04:05:06 »
JESUS should be printed on that cup
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #408 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 04:17:44 »
I wondered whether the gun is there are a symbol of what is quintessentially American, or to shoot anyone who tried to take his bacon!

It could always be both :D Should've been a 1911 though... Sigs are German. 1911's are murrica.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #409 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 17:12:19 »

Offline stancato9

« Reply #410 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 22:00:56 »
'ANADA!
Poker 2 - MX Red

Offline Morwrath

« Reply #411 on: Sat, 31 August 2013, 11:40:53 »

No police with guns = not a democracy.
Brought to you by the Fox News :)
Fox News is top notch entertainment.
Ducky Mini w/ white LEDs [Browns]

WTB SLUSHY RED CC/BROBOT!!
Got 3D and Hack Orange for trade, both MX.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #412 on: Sat, 31 August 2013, 11:43:20 »

No police with guns = not a democracy.
Brought to you by the Fox News :)
Fox News is top notch entertainment.

Off-topic.

Offline AndyCapets

• I have a French ANSI keyboard, kiss me now.
    • YouTube!
« Reply #413 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 19:55:33 »
Meme says it all...
I don't I like broccoli.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #414 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 20:11:15 »
Meme says it all...
Show Image

Don't worry, next time your country surrenders to an opposing force, we will be there to save you (again). :)

Offline AndyCapets

• I have a French ANSI keyboard, kiss me now.
    • YouTube!
« Reply #415 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 05:07:24 »
Meme says it all...
Show Image

Don't worry, next time your country surrenders to an opposing force, we will be there to save you (again). :)
Don't worry, we got a silly president and the atomic bomb, I don't think we're gonna need you :|
I don't I like broccoli.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #416 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 21:26:44 »
Meme says it all...
Show Image

Lolcow alert.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #417 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 02:38:09 »
god bless you, federal politicians, you useless pieces of ****.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline iri

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #419 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 05:45:12 »
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/10/01/politics/government-shutdown/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
 :(

Why so sad?

"It is a dangerous message to the world," he said. "We tell other nations that we believe that they have to have certain disciplines. And yet, we cannot ultimately keep our own budget open and the nation and its government functioning."

Offline iri

« Reply #420 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 10:10:52 »
800000 people instantly stop getting paid because they elected utter retards. that's a bitter lesson.

also congressmen chose to not stop paying the military, so the states can continue bombing random developing countries instead of cutting military costs and actually HAVING A GOVERNMENT.

also fun:
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/10/01/world/shutdown-in-tweets/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

-Ray Bradbury

Offline N8N

« Reply #421 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 10:33:49 »
That photo is lacking a smouldering ashtray and pack of Lucky Strikes. Then it would be perfect

Chesterfields.

They actually are quite tasty, but the thought of what unfiltered cigarettes do to your lungs keep me from chain-smoking them.

I hear pork products are bad for you too, but damn that bacon is tasty.
Filco Majestouch-2 with Cherry Corp. doubleshot keys - Leopold Tenkeyless Tactile Force with Wyse doubleshots - Silicon Graphics 9500900 - WASD V1 - IBM Model M 52G9658 - Noppoo Choc Pro with Cherry lasered PBT keycaps - Wyse 900866-01 - Cherry G80-8200LPBUS/07 - Dell AT101W - several Cherry G81s (future doubleshot donors) (order of current preference) (dang I have too many keyboards, I really only need two)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #422 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 14:09:10 »
800000 people instantly stop getting paid because they elected utter retards. that's a bitter lesson.

Well, that's the price you pay for electing politicians like that. It's actually better to get burnt now than few decades later—if people actually change themselves afterwards. Hint: resources/water/food, distribution of power in the world.

also congressmen chose to not stop paying the military, so the states can continue bombing random developing countries instead of cutting military costs and actually HAVING A GOVERNMENT.

Yeah, but it's a great news for Europe at the same time. Hopefully, people will stop licking 'murrican asses here, due stuff that's been happening recently. The UK decision on Syria was a pleasant surprise.

BTW I F-ING LOVE BACON!

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #423 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 17:13:36 »
Why so sad?

the cdc shut down. nasa shut down (less important maybe but still a bummer). the irs shut down. 800000 are not being paid. people on federal financial assistance are ****ed.
there is a cadre of politicians in my country that basically wants a bunch of americans to go broke and die if they get sick and they throw a temper tantrum if they don't get their way because they can afford to live very comfortably without a paycheck -- not that their pay is being cut like those 800000 federal employees.

there is absolutely no good in this situation. you can hope for an overthrow as a result but it's not going to happen. what is going to happen is the world's largest economy is going to suffer which means nothing good for the rest of the world. if our govt stays shut down for a week, our gdp drops by half a percent which has huge worldwide implications.

i hate american politics more than you, trust me, but this is bad.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #424 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 17:22:28 »
The UK decision on Syria was a pleasant surprise.
Pleasant surprise? That's the understatement of the century.

That's the first good decision our government, or most other goverments, have made in a long, long time. Actually gave me some faith in my country.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #425 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 17:55:46 »
The UK decision on Syria was a pleasant surprise.
Pleasant surprise? That's the understatement of the century.

That's the first good decision our government, or most other goverments, have made in a long, long time. Actually gave me some faith in my country.
Mixed feelings here, I believe more should have been done, but what? I couldn't say.

(UK politics)

When/If UKIP get voted in next year, even if with a conservative coalition, I really wonder how far they'll go. I don't think we've had such a right wing government in power before (correct me if I'm wrong)
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #426 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 18:34:06 »

also fun:
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/10/01/world/shutdown-in-tweets/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

for electing corporate shills.

they may change the name to make it sound moral ("sponsoring"), but buying politicians is still disgusting.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #427 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 18:35:55 »

they may change the name to make it sound moral ("sponsoring", but buying politicians is still disgusting.

I wish lobbying was illegal and that it was illegal to give lobbying jobs or industry jobs to politicians who were lobbied by specific industries.  But corporate personhood, yay.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #428 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 18:38:43 »

they may change the name to make it sound moral ("sponsoring", but buying politicians is still disgusting.

I wish lobbying was illegal and that it was illegal to give lobbying jobs or industry jobs to politicians who were lobbied by specific industries.  But corporate personhood, yay.

it's incredible how it is legal. it goes to show you that your vote means absolute **** in the end. companies will buy their way into politics whether we want them to or not.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #429 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 14:07:57 »

The only way to really end lobbying would be to end Washington's power. Not everyone lobbies for cronyist reasons -- sometimes lobbyists are there to remind the behemoth that is the federal government not to roll over in its sleep and destroy their industry. The idiots passing laws in Washington don't know what the results of their "brilliance" will be; they just pass a law, and wreck an industry. So yeah, lobbying sucks, but get rid of the underlying reason why corporations lobby -- Washington decides who wins and who loses.

Ending lobbying would mean ending the right of individuals (or groups of individuals) to petition the government. Another alternative: make everything utterly transparent in terms of money.
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 October 2013, 14:09:43 by Krogenar »
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Halvar

« Reply #430 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 14:39:40 »
The only way to really end lobbying would be to end Washington's power. Not everyone lobbies for cronyist reasons -- sometimes lobbyists are there to remind the behemoth that is the federal government not to roll over in its sleep and destroy their industry. The idiots passing laws in Washington don't know what the results of their "brilliance" will be; they just pass a law, and wreck an industry.
True, and it's not only the government. Sometimes it's enough if a court stupidly orders an e-mail provider to secretly hand over their master crypto key to the authorities to put a whole industry at risk.

Another alternative: make everything utterly transparent in terms of money.
That would probably help. As long as there are still voters who care.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #431 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 14:43:19 »
The only way to really end lobbying would be to end Washington's power. Not everyone lobbies for cronyist reasons -- sometimes lobbyists are there to remind the behemoth that is the federal government not to roll over in its sleep and destroy their industry. The idiots passing laws in Washington don't know what the results of their "brilliance" will be; they just pass a law, and wreck an industry. So yeah, lobbying sucks, but get rid of the underlying reason why corporations lobby -- Washington decides who wins and who loses.

Ending lobbying would mean ending the right of individuals (or groups of individuals) to petition the government. Another alternative: make everything utterly transparent in terms of money.

There's a difference between having your voice heard and what we call lobbying today.  Lobbying today is, for all intents and purposes, bribery.  It is buying off politicians.  It is not something the common man can do or has benefited from.  The primary beneficiaries of lobbying are the wealthy and large corporations.  Lobbying rarely helps small businesses and the average person in America, instead it tends to work to convince legislators to present and pass legislation that does things like give corporate welfare to large companies.  For crying out loud, you have lobbyists who are literally writing bills or portions of bills that are put forth to vote.

If lobbying was just allowing your voice to be heard, I'd have no problem with it, but lobbying in Congress today is bribing politicians through promises of employment, gifts like free lunches and vacations, campaign contributions and "independent" campaign ads by their affiliated PACs and Super PACs, and sometimes information that can be used for insider trading.  It corrupts the democratic process and has enabled the current economic condition where we have a growing wealth gap and shrinking middle class.

I do agree that making everything transparent when it comes to money sounds like a good thing, but it wouldn't really help. There are many ways you can obfuscate money and there is more corruption in lobbying than gifts and lunches.  Campaign contributions and gifts are only a small part of the corruption that exists.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Re: America: ****ed.
« Reply #432 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 14:52:57 »
This thread has officially gone from "America, **** yeah!" to just "America: ****ed."
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: America: ****ed.
« Reply #433 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 15:01:25 »
This thread has officially gone from "America, **** yeah!" to just "America: ****ed."

Seems appropriate as that's been the course of America the last 100 years or so.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #434 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 15:07:46 »

There's a difference between having your voice heard and what we call lobbying today.  Lobbying today is, for all intents and purposes, bribery.

Halvar nailed it -- we can have a government that is moral and under control -- if ordinary people care enough to pay attention.
Sadly, they don't. We get the government we deserve, good and hard.

It is buying off politicians.  It is not something the common man can do or has benefited from.  The primary beneficiaries of lobbying are the wealthy and large corporations.  Lobbying rarely helps small businesses and the average person in America, instead it tends to work to convince legislators to present and pass legislation that does things like give corporate welfare to large companies.  For crying out loud, you have lobbyists who are literally writing bills or portions of bills that are put forth to vote.

There's nothing stopping a group of citizens from banding together, pooling their resources and lobbying -- and (properly done) it does sometimes yield  benefits to the common man. Americans for Tax Reform does essentially lobby the government to keep taxes sane (or to become no more insane). I make signs for a living. Would it be wrong for me (if I heard that some progressive d!ckhead was going to pass a law that outlawed my business) to band together with other business owners and tell them not pass the law?
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #435 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 15:08:12 »

Seems appropriate as that's been the course of America the last 100 years or so.

I wouldn't say the last 100 years. Post-WWII is when it all started going downhill...

That's when the government decided they were going to give up their policy of "remain neutral" and started with this "if we don't like it, we're gonna fix it, even though it's not our problem and we can't even fix our own government" bull****.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #436 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 18:26:01 »
If you don't drink this then you are un-American.

Offline Tarzan_

« Reply #437 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 18:30:54 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #438 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 13:58:42 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #439 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:00:58 »

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #440 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:05:00 »
More

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #441 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:06:48 »
Show Image

Show Image

"Free" Healthcare.

I heard they are storing passwords and SSN in plain text just FYI if anyone cares

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #442 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:26:44 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #443 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:34:09 »
AMERICA! We're ****ed, yeah :(.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #444 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:36:47 »
39319-0

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #445 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:41:24 »
Show Image

No guns?  The ****?  And free healthcare?  The ****?  How is it gonna be free?  Who will pay for it?

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #446 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:43:11 »
Show Image

No guns?  The ****?  And free healthcare?  The ****?  How is it gonna be free?  Who will pay for it?
Works okay for us.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #447 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:44:25 »
Show Image

They were expecting you to pay for it. "You" being someone else besides them.
That's the trouble with America -- we've become a nation of chiselers. Eventually the takers will outpace the number of makers, and we'll be done.
More

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #448 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:45:51 »
Show Image

Works okay for us.
You still get stabbed

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #449 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:46:03 »
Show Image

Works okay for us.
But is it actually "free"? No, it's not free. That's a line for the masses.
More