Author Topic: America Fu*k Yeah  (Read 232010 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: America Fu*k Yeah
« Reply #450 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:46:19 »
Show Image

No guns?  The ****?  And free healthcare?  The ****?  How is it gonna be free?  Who will pay for it?
Works okay for us.

We dont even know what it means to queue up

In other headlines

Student-faculty research shows Oreos are just as addictive as drugs in lab rats

http://www.conncoll.edu/news/news-archive/2013/student-faculty-research-shows-oreos-are-just-as-addictive-as-drugs-in-lab-rats-.htm#.Ul2bouJRLVr

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #451 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:47:21 »
Show Image

No guns?  The ****?  And free healthcare?  The ****?  How is it gonna be free?  Who will pay for it?
They were expecting you to pay for it. "You" being someone else besides them.
That's the trouble with America -- we've become a nation of chiselers. Eventually the takers will outpace the number of makers, and we'll be done.
Word.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #452 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:48:17 »
So much freedom in this thread.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #453 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:48:35 »
Show Image

Works okay for us.
You still get stabbed
Not the guns then healthcare, I like guns.

Not that great though, because we have something you dont have.... MEGA TAX... we also have some interesting points. If you earn >100k you get 40% tax then if you earn 100-118k you get 60% tax, but earn 116k< you only pay 40% tax. British Logic!
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #454 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:49:14 »
Show Image

Works okay for us.
You still get stabbed
That's fine, so long as a gun wasn't used, we're all good. Which brings to mind the Muslim extremist who brutally butchered an innocent guy on the streets of London. The poor guy was beheaded on a public street. But thank God, no guns were used.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/05/22/british-soldier-attacked-by-islamic-extremists-in-london.html

I said once before, and I'll say again: Margaret Thatcher was the last real man in Great Britain.
C'mon Brits, get it together -- no one was as badass as Winston Churchill -- go back to that, please. Build your Empire back up!
GB could be so much win if it wanted to be.

In other news, American downhill skier Lindsey Vonn suffered a serious leg injury and is being dropped from the Olympic team. President Barack Obama has been named to replace her, as no one else in history has brought America downhill so fast.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:54:22 by Krogenar »
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #455 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:49:56 »
Show Image

Works okay for us.
You still get stabbed
That's fine, so long as a gun wasn't used, we're all good. Which brings to mind the Muslim extremist who brutally butchered an innocent guy on the streets of London. The poor guy was beheaded on a public street. But thank God, no guns were used.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/05/22/british-soldier-attacked-by-islamic-extremists-in-london.html

LOL

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #456 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:50:13 »
Show Image

Works okay for us.
You still get stabbed
Not the guns then healthcare, I like guns.

Not that great though, because we have something you dont have.... MEGA TAX... we also have some interesting points. If you earn >100k you get 40% tax then if you earn 100-118k you get 60% tax, but earn 116k< you only pay 40% tax. British Logic!

Seems like the 'more' I make worse it gets.

Honestly in some ways we were better off when I made minimum wage, we got all our income tax money back every year and the wife and kids had 'free' healthcare.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #457 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:52:25 »
Show Image

Works okay for us.
You still get stabbed

I wasn't talking about the guns, what happened to that soldier was disgusting, and it just shows that guns/no guns makes no difference. (IMO) Obviously controversial point, but I would rather have one to defend myself but then it becomes a whole different issue. I think i would prefer it if the cops actually had guns, not the people. But they don't...
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #458 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:55:07 »
It's not British logic. It has rich people owning the government.  It is rich people being more important than you.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #459 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:55:54 »
It's not British logic. It has rich people owning the government.  It is rich people being more important than you.

Class warfare crap. In NYC there are two classes of people -- those who don't work in government, and their overlords, the unionized city workers.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline DamienG

• DamienG
« Reply #460 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:55:55 »
They were expecting you to pay for it. "You" being someone else besides them.
That's the trouble with America -- we've become a nation of chiselers. Eventually the takers will outpace the number of makers, and we'll be done.
You've been paying for it long before the recent changes.

Hospitals don't turn away people from ER. So uninsured people wait until it's an emergency, go there, can't pay and the hospital 'absorbs' the cost because the individual can't pay their bill.

Hospital then has to make up the lost money by increasing the price of services. That means more to your health insurer. Which means higher premiums. Which you pay.

The idea now (and I'm not saying it's going to work) is that

a) People who can afford it have to pay for it and not buck the system by claiming they don't need it... until they do
b) People who genuinely can't afford it get it subsidized because that should still work out cheaper overall than us paying for their ER visits

Of course the only way to find out if this works and overall costs come down is if 1. It actually gets to run for a year or two and 2. no companies in the pipeline take advantage of this to sneak in new profits

[)amien
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:58:16 by DamienG »

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #461 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:56:31 »

Works okay for us.
You still get stabbed

I wasn't talking about the guns, what happened to that soldier was disgusting, and it just shows that guns/no guns makes no difference. (IMO) Obviously controversial point, but I would rather have one to defend myself but then it becomes a whole different issue. I think i would prefer it if the cops actually had guns, not the people. But they don't...

And what would happen if the police did carry guns?

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #462 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:57:12 »

I don't understand? You think that tax trap makes sense?

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #463 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:58:44 »

Works okay for us.
You still get stabbed

And what would happen if the police did carry guns?

They would have less grenades thrown at them? I mean, the police did arrive at said incident and shot one of the bastards, (did they kill one? i can't remember) and shot the other who recovered. Double edged sword I know. But i'd prefer it if they had guns.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #464 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:59:50 »
If the police have guns then the criminals will all start carrying guns.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #465 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 15:00:14 »
If the police have guns then the criminals will all start carrying guns.
The criminals already carry guns.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #466 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 15:01:27 »
Not all of them. It will just spiral out of control and we will just end up like America.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #467 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 15:03:42 »
Not all of them. It will just spiral out of control and we will just end up like America.
Touché

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #468 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 15:05:27 »

39321-0

nothing wrong with that  ;D

oh and one more

39323-1

« Last Edit: Tue, 15 October 2013, 15:07:27 by SpAmRaY »

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #469 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 15:14:14 »
Oh yeah just remembered im going to the states for 2 weeks just before Christmas, i get to buy your stupidly massive gallons of milk (Gallons!?!?!) and then i get to be confused by the fact you only have petrol pumps  :confused:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #470 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 15:14:30 »
In America cops are the criminals

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #471 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 15:16:34 »

Last night taking my kid to her dance class I saw two cop cars had pulled over a guy on bicycle....no kidding. They had a state highway down to one lane in the middle of town over a guy on a bike.

Actually there were two guys, one guy was on the ground, maybe it was a a hit and run.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 October 2013, 15:18:54 by SpAmRaY »

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #472 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 15:24:20 »
Let's take my province for example:

We have free healthcare for everyone. We pay zillions of taxes and have NO SERVICE. Yea, if you go to the hospital, expect to wait around 8 hours to see a doctor unless you're in REALLY bad shape.

Taxes? Well, we have a 15% sales tax, we have income taxes that goes up and up QUITE FAST in % (lets say that if you make more than 50k a year, you are probably in the 40%+ range and it goes up to like 50%.

There is also some special taxes on many products, like tobacco, alcohol, fuel, etc.

For sure, if you are really rich, there is many ways to pay less taxes. Also, if you work for the construction (aka the mafia), well you only have to declare a little of your revenue, everything else is not declared.

And our debt is quite big (even if the US is getting on our level recently).

Oh, and if you don't have a job, don't worry, we have something called social something that will give you money each month. For sure, you can find ways to claim more than one, get a job that is not declared and abuse the health system at the same time. And it all works for immigrants after 3 months, so even if many really want to work when they come here, well MANY end up asking for their check after 3 months. And you can stay on this FOREVER.

But it's all free hey!
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 October 2013, 15:26:42 by JPG »
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #473 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 15:27:13 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #474 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 15:29:38 »

We have free healthcare for everyone. We pay zillions of taxes and have NO SERVICE. Yea, if you go to the hospital, expect to wait around 8 hours to see a doctor unless you're in REALLY bad shape.

Taxes? Well, we have a 15% sales tax, we have income taxes that goes up and up QUITE FAST in % (lets say that if you make more than 50k a year, you are probably in the 40%+ range and it goes up to like 50%.

There is also some special taxes on many products, like tobacco, alcohol, fuel, etc.

For sure, if you are really rich, there is many ways to pay less taxes. Also, if you work for the construction (aka the mafia), well you only have to declare a little of your revenue, everything else is not declared.

Oh, and if you don't have a job, don't worry, we have something called social something that will give you money each month. For sure, you can find ways to claim more than one, get a job that is not declared and abuse the health system at the same time. And it all works for immigrants after 3 months, so even if many really want to work when they come here, well MANY end up asking for their check after 3 months. And you can stay on this FOREVER.

But it's all free hey!

So if it all goes to crap I can immigrate to canada and after 3 months draw a check :eek:

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #475 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 15:31:22 »

But it's all free hey!

So if it all goes to crap I can immigrate to canada and after 3 months draw a check :eek:

Yep, but you will need to go to the Quebec province, not anywhere. And it's a french province (even if English is spoken a lot in the major cities).
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #476 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 15:33:11 »

But it's all free hey!

Yep, but you will need to go to the Quebec province, not anywhere. And it's a french province (even if English is spoken a lot in the major cities).

Well language doesn't seem to be a problem for anyone 'immigrating' here so I'll keep my options open.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #477 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 15:34:03 »

Last night taking my kid to her dance class I saw two cop cars had pulled over a guy on bicycle....no kidding. They had a state highway down to one lane in the middle of town over a guy on a bike.

Actually there were two guys, one guy was on the ground, maybe it was a a hit and run.
I got pulled over on my bike. 200 dollar ticket

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #478 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 15:36:16 »

But it's all free hey!

Hey that reminds me alot of my country! :D

I did say it works, and it does. But it doesn't work that well.

We don't have "social ect." we have benefits;
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2285321/Obese-woman-claiming-227-week-benefits-says-discrimination-law-brought-job.html
We have 25% sales tax, and we pay extra on Fuel and cigarettes (Fun!).
*Warning: Head maths, probably wrong*
Fuel £1.44 a liter -> 4.55 L in a gallon
4.55 x 1.44 = £7.84 a gallon :rolleyes: Out of curiosity whats you 'Muricans price a gallon?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #479 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 15:37:48 »

Yeah I laughed when I was it my daughter was like whats so funny and I just said, demik......:P

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #480 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 15:38:30 »

Same thing has happened to me before. I was crossing the road on campus, except the street curb was too high for me to get up on the side walk, so I literally rode my bike in the left bike lane for the 15 feet where I could get on the side walk, and a policeman pulled me over to the side and gave me a ticket for opposing traffic. There are never cars on that road... never... and there was no bikes on the entire street. Luckily this was my first (and last) ticket ever, so I got off by taking a traffic class.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 October 2013, 15:40:14 by VesperSAINT »

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #481 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 16:01:13 »
Alright lets stop debating and get to the point of this thread.  'Murica!

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #482 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 16:04:35 »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #483 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 16:05:13 »

Show Image

HOLY ****. I WAS LITERALLY POSTING THIS PICTURE RIGHT NOW... It's all typed up in my other tab...

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #484 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 16:05:39 »

Same thing has happened to me before. I was crossing the road on campus, except the street curb was too high for me to get up on the side walk, so I literally rode my bike in the left bike lane for the 15 feet where I could get on the side walk, and a policeman pulled me over to the side and gave me a ticket for opposing traffic. There are never cars on that road... never... and there was no bikes on the entire street. Luckily this was my first (and last) ticket ever, so I got off by taking a traffic class.

I got mine for riding in an area that I had to dismount on.

But I got pulled over 5 yards before the dismount point.

Piece of **** cop had to fill his quota since it was the end of the month.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #485 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 16:06:30 »
I wasn't debating, more or a discussion? But anyway;

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #486 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 16:06:40 »

LIES I DONT KNOW THIS LADY. SHE DOESNT HAVE ME.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #487 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 16:06:42 »

I got mine for riding in an area that I had to dismount on.

But I got pulled over 5 yards before the dismount point.

Piece of **** cop had to fill his quota since it was the end of the month.

I feel you, bro. Mine was on campus... if you guys know anything about campus cops... they're some of the worst.

Offline iri

« Reply #488 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 00:39:39 »
I immediately started learning french after reading this thread
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #489 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 03:56:29 »

Not really related but in the last week I had 2 incidents where one of my clients hit a cyclist riding on the side walk (in the wrong direction) with his car, gladly without mayor injuries.
Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline iri

« Reply #490 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 04:17:51 »

now i know your first name! it's kinda common for a mexican i'd say.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #491 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 09:11:40 »

Yeah my parents are quite original. To top it off im atheist. Damn trolls.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #492 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 09:45:40 »

Yeah my parents are quite original. To top it off im atheist. Damn trolls.

ultimate troll....but really demik...you need Jesus!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #493 on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 18:47:32 »
hahahahaha

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #494 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 16:22:11 »
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline Halvar

« Reply #495 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 17:56:11 »
That guy is Keith Alexander, right? Deserves it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 October 2013, 17:58:12 by Halvar »

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #496 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 00:50:13 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #497 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 03:19:01 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #498 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 03:43:44 »

merica!

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~