Author Topic: America Fu*k Yeah  (Read 232012 times)

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
Re: America Fu*k Yeah
« Reply #650 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 01:05:25 »

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #651 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 01:28:06 »
Frankly, I only came her because OPs name was Poopmat.

I was hoping those were real.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #652 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 02:04:17 »

Ironically OP hasn't signed in for more than 8 months, and hasn't posted for more than 18 months.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #653 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 02:17:51 »

Ironically OP hasn't signed in for more than 8 months, and hasn't posted for more than 18 months.

sounds like a real poop mat

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #654 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 09:56:18 »

zinnnnnnn-g???????????????

THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #655 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 10:04:18 »

I'll zing you

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #656 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 10:06:02 »

I'll zing you
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #657 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 22:46:20 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #658 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 23:26:16 »
I live in the U.S.A I just came here to approve this thread.

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #659 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 23:40:04 »
All the countries that use MMDDYYYY date format:

(Attachment Link)

I also chose DDMMYYYY but is that how everyone else does it? i never really thought about it.

In the military we do DDMMMYYY as in todays date would be 04JUN2015.  That or on any maintenance documents we use the Julian date.  But that is because in the aviation side, there are two time lines for inspections on the air craft.  One is calendar based, (7, 14, 28, 56, 128, 256, and 364 day) and the other is based on flight hours.  Ours were every 175 flight hours.  These inspections can be moved no more than 10% of the amount, such as the 128 day inspection could fall anywhere inside ~25 day window.  With the calendar based inspections using the Julian date makes it a lot easier to determine when inspections are coming up when we are somewhere that we can't use the computer based stuffs.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #660 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 23:53:23 »

(Attachment Link)

I also chose DDMMYYYY but is that how everyone else does it? i never really thought about it.

In the military we do DDMMMYYY as in todays date would be 04JUN2015.  That or on any maintenance documents we use the Julian date.  But that is because in the aviation side, there are two time lines for inspections on the air craft.  One is calendar based, (7, 14, 28, 56, 128, 256, and 364 day) and the other is based on flight hours.  Ours were every 175 flight hours.  These inspections can be moved no more than 10% of the amount, such as the 128 day inspection could fall anywhere inside ~25 day window.  With the calendar based inspections using the Julian date makes it a lot easier to determine when inspections are coming up when we are somewhere that we can't use the computer based stuffs.

Interesting!!

Yeah i been using numbers for my months as well since i came to Japan when i was 10 (1-12 like today is 05/06/2015) and i still have to go through all the months and count them to make sure i'm saying the right one lol
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #661 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 00:21:21 »

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #662 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 03:57:04 »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #663 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 09:03:54 »

Several years ago I started using YYYYMMDD in every file name or list that could be related to or saved on a computer.

Suddenly, filing and sorting became an order of magnitude easier and more transparent.

PS - never leave out the zeros
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #664 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 09:23:14 »
(Attachment Link)

'Cause if it's on TV, it must be true.  :-\

Let me clue you in on how it would work in the real world. As a public school teacher, Walter White would have "Cadillac" health insurance courtesy of the local taxpayers. His premiums would cost next to nothing, and the insurance would cover just about every cent of whatever treatment he would undergo.

I will take US health care every day of the week and twice on Sunday over any NHS-style system.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #665 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 10:21:39 »
I too would rather pay for a system than get it for free.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline iri

« Reply #666 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 11:17:04 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #667 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 13:37:36 »

Several years ago I started using YYYYMMDD in every file name or list that could be related to or saved on a computer.

Suddenly, filing and sorting became an order of magnitude easier and more transparent.

Totally dude.  Started doing this with photo shoots and now I do it for everything.  Sooooo nice when Date Created, Modified, etc. can all get corrupted, different systems sort differently, etc.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #668 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 13:54:22 »

Lucky for you, in the UK you can do both!

Offline iri

« Reply #669 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 15:43:52 »
So, in the UK you can stop paying for the NHS?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #670 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 15:49:01 »
So, in the UK you can stop paying for the NHS?

No, but you can pay for private health care if you like

Offline iri

« Reply #671 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 16:01:33 »
So you can't have free healthcare in the UK. Booo.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #672 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 16:15:11 »
So you can't have free healthcare in the UK. Booo.

Well, I guess you can if you tax dodge, or come here on holiday

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #673 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 18:04:16 »

Lucky for you, in the UK you can do both!

Yaaaaaaaaaaay!
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #674 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 18:32:52 »
(Attachment Link)

Let me clue you in on how it would work in the real world. As a public school teacher, Walter White would have "Cadillac" health insurance courtesy of the local taxpayers. His premiums would cost next to nothing, and the insurance would cover just about every cent of whatever treatment he would undergo.

I will take US health care every day of the week and twice on Sunday over any NHS-style system.

I really shouldn't be wading into this one... but this was true at one point of time, but is not any longer.  Over the past 20 years, during economic downturns coupled with rising premiums, negotiations over teachers contracts ended up with the option: you can get a % raise *or* we can continue to provide full healthcare coverage.  Many districts opted for the former, since it will compound and likely be a better deal in the long run.  My current district covers a single person at the lowest HMO rate.  Anything further (spouse, family, a PPO) is out of pocket.  A previous district I worked in didn't even cover a single person enrolled in the cheapest HMO.  I've never worked in a district that covered the family rate, which was pretty much standard 20 years ago.

A variety of factors have slowly chipped away at the benefits of public school employees changing it from legendary to good.  The low salaries worked when benefits were legendary, but it's now getting tough to convince anyone to choose the profession when we have very little to offer beyond "Feel good about what you do.  Most of the time.  Sometimes.  Ok, maybe once or twice a year."  Our district, which is above the median for pay in the area, had a math classroom without a teacher for the entire year.  Two of the new math teachers we hired were not renewed after their first year.  I'm deeply concerned that things are about to get really, really bad.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #675 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 22:54:18 »

+1 all the time!

Plus my apps tend to construct their log file names at runtime using yyyymm format, so the log automatically rolls over each month.

Offline iri

« Reply #676 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 12:07:04 »
sorry murica!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Halvar

« Reply #677 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 13:12:48 »
Kind of offtopic.

Watch the last kid... :D
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 July 2015, 13:16:09 by Halvar »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #678 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 07:00:51 »
Kind of offtopic.

Show Image

Watch the last kid... :D

That last one just threw himself on the ground because all the other ones did.

He must be the alien!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #679 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 22:01:12 »

sorry murica!

Show Image

Would you post a comparison between our women's World Cup players vs the Euros?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #680 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 00:45:11 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #681 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 06:13:26 »

Offline kirkvomit

« Reply #682 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 10:11:44 »
Show Image

Probably it is the best joke in this thread  ;D

Offline iri

« Reply #683 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 18:32:23 »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline ttzhou

• in your base, belonging
« Reply #684 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 20:59:15 »
Must be a decent high school to be teaching calculus approach to high school physics... In standard Grade 12 in Canada this does not happen. You don't even prove conservation of energy using Newton's laws.

Offline iri

« Reply #685 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 05:17:47 »
Must be a decent high school to be teaching calculus approach to high school physics... In standard Grade 12 in Canada this does not happen. You don't even prove conservation of energy using Newton's laws.
Well, I've had calculus at the 11th grade and Newton's laws in grade 7 or 8, can't remember.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #686 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 05:29:56 »
Well, I've had calculus at the 11th grade and Newton's laws in grade 7 or 8, can't remember.

My daughter's homework consisted of permutations and combinations in grade 2.  That's for 7 and 8 year olds.

Actually I think the questions were just extremely badly written, but they were perfect examples of permutations and combinations.

Offline iri

« Reply #687 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 05:33:45 »

My daughter's homework consisted of permutations and combinations in grade 2.  That's for 7 and 8 year olds.
'Strayans confirmed demigods.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #688 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 05:38:46 »

I seriously suspect whoever wrote it didn't think their wording through, because the kids were supposed to write their answers down, and one question resulted in about a dozen pages of 8pt text.

I wrote a small app to calculate and format the numbers.  We printed it.  She took it in to school.  And actually got a "good" written on it.

:))

Offline iri

« Reply #689 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 05:53:10 »

I seriously suspect whoever wrote it didn't think their wording through, because the kids were supposed to write their answers down, and one question resulted in about a dozen pages of 8pt text.

I wrote a small app to calculate and format the numbers.  We printed it.  She took it in to school.  And actually got a "good" written on it.

:))

-Ray Bradbury

Offline ttzhou

• in your base, belonging
« Reply #690 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 06:13:49 »
Either you went through a gifted or accelerated program by NA standards, or maybe that's just a European system's standard approach :D

@rowdy: That's actually manageable. The logic behind those formulas is super straightforward. North Americans just have a fear that a simple dose of math early on might knock over our children harder than a car going 60 mph.

Source: I went to teacher's college.

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
« Reply #691 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 06:45:56 »
Making Machine-Gun Bacon with Ted Cruz

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #692 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 07:10:48 »
(Attachment Link)

I just re-read this, and can't work out if its sarcasm or not

Offline iri

« Reply #693 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 09:02:08 »
(Attachment Link)

did you know that NHS has death panels?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #694 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 17:23:53 »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Halvar

« Reply #696 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 02:06:56 »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #697 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 03:09:55 »
(Attachment Link)

did you know that NHS has death panels?

lmao cheers for the chuckles

Offline iri

« Reply #698 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 06:49:34 »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #699 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 06:56:37 »