Author Topic: America Fu*k Yeah  (Read 232006 times)

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
Re: America Fu*k Yeah
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 11 November 2012, 22:15:05 »
oh yeah obama did an awesome job making headway for cannabis legalizat- oh wait, nevermind. under obama the DEA cracked down even HARDER on MEDICAL dispensaries.

i'm not single-issue when it comes to politics but that last part is just incorrect...

Don't worry bro, I will get to the bottom of the actual facts of this :)

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #151 on: Sun, 11 November 2012, 22:17:45 »
well now that he doesn't have the spectre of reelection hanging over his head he can make some bold moves :)
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #152 on: Sun, 11 November 2012, 23:40:57 »
immigration reform!

lets get some people some mother****ing papers so companies will stop (hopefully) taking advantage of them.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #153 on: Sun, 11 November 2012, 23:43:16 »
live the american dream of making your bosses richer!
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #154 on: Sun, 11 November 2012, 23:50:03 »

relevant

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #155 on: Sun, 11 November 2012, 23:52:13 »
yeah i know aesop is weird.

but that song has a point. especially the chorus

WHERE IS YOUR REPLY STH NOW I LOOK DUMB

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #156 on: Sun, 11 November 2012, 23:52:44 »
sorry i deleted my post

i agree with you

mostly about that last part

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #157 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 00:00:43 »
ftr, i fell for the nerd rap once.

but ive always loved that song.

same with daylight/night light

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #158 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 00:01:53 »
daylight is a good track but i mostly like it for the beat.

Offline zzAaron

« Reply #159 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 22:52:35 »

MURICAA
Ducky 9008G2 Browns, White Filco TKL Reds

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #160 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 09:16:32 »
I don't think you get it. When someone says they are "proud to be an American", they are insinuating that America is better than other countries. This is snobbery and arrogance, and is what people have problems with (and hence, the mockery and sarcasm). America has accomplished a lot (I was born a raised here in Los Angeles), no doubt about that. But to imply that Americans are inherently "better" than others, or that the country "America" is better than others, because of that, is a bit silly, and unfair.

No, I think when someone says that they are 'proud to be an American' I don't necessarily think they're saying Americans are better than all other countries. I think they're saying what they mean -- that they are proud. Stated another way, they're glad they were born (or became) an American.

I sell American flags for a living in NYC. As such, I meet a lot of tourists from other countries who want a souvenir of their trip -- an American flag. A surprising number of them (almost always Europeans) ask me, "Why are you Americans always putting your flag everywhere? It's on hats, homes, everywhere." It was an Austrian man who asked the question, and I asked him in return, "Well, don't you put your flag up on your home?" And he said, "Yeah, we do, but only on national holidays and special events -- not all the time."

They're just not as nationalistic as Americans, and maybe that's because they suffered through two devastating world wars -- both of which were caused (to some degree) by nationalistic feelings and pride. Maybe that's why they seem to be mildly allergic to nationalism.

I am a supporter of the concept of American Exceptionalism -- which states that there's something truly unique and special about America that isn't present in some other nations; that we have a unique and important role in the world. I don't see how holding this attitude is "unfair" to other nations. People can think whatever they wish, it doesn't mean you can't believe in your own country in a similar fashion.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Trent

« Reply #161 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 22:49:42 »
North Korea and China (or someone else) will come over here, take our guns from us and show us what occupied freedom is.

Quote from: Trent
I hate fun
IBM Model M | IBM Model M SSK | FK-2000 | FK-8000 | FK-9000 | Fujitsu Peerless | Zenith Data Systems (Yellow ALPS!) | AEK

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #162 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 00:20:49 »
The new Red Dawn movie couldn't come at a better time... :P

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #163 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 00:47:46 »
never saw it, figured it would be crap.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #164 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 13:06:29 »
North Korea and China (or someone else) will come over here, take our guns from us and show us what occupied freedom is.

Why not just go live in China or North Korea? And what is 'occupied freedom' anyway?
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #165 on: Tue, 20 November 2012, 13:11:49 »
I like Noam Chomsky. I can't remember the exact quote but he once said that anti-Americanism makes no sense and is a purely totalitarian concept.

Totalitarianism. Such a relevant word these days. Anyone who hasn't read "1984" yet really should.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #166 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 09:24:01 »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline hluo87

« Reply #167 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 10:15:14 »
lol
thats lol
lol

Offline iri

« Reply #168 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 02:58:55 »
"Why are you Americans always putting your flag everywhere? It's on hats, homes, everywhere."
seriously, what's the point of this?

I am a supporter of the concept of American Exceptionalism -- which states that there's something truly unique and special about America that isn't present in some other nations
what's this "something"?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Lanx

« Reply #169 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 13:29:44 »
there are 4 levels of flag ppl.

1. just don't give a f, lazy bastards won't even stand up for the nation anthem.
2. knows it's around, buildings funerals and especially the 4th.
3. taught about it more than the ppl in group 2, armed services, boyscouts.
4. crazy rednecks that are an embarressment and fly the confederate flag, why do these idiots fly the loosing side? it's like they announce they are proud to be losers.

i can't stand groups 1 and 4.

Offline poopmat

« Reply #170 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 20:17:00 »
why america wins

>Strongest nation on Earth for 67 years and counting
>Highest GDP on Earth
>Worth 51% of the global economy
>Largest navy in the world
>Has military bases on 1/3rd of the Earth
>Only country with a functioning railgun
>30 years technologically superior to any other opposing nation's military on Earth
>Only military that has the industrial and technological capacity to mass produce unmanned drones
>Developing a new generation of spaceships
>Only country to have been to the Moon
>Only country with a private sector actively working in space
>Global center of the arts, humanities, education, finance, commerce, business, warfare, technology, industry, culture, politics and communication
>Owns the most cities on the World Cities ranking chart
>Won WWII singlehandedly
>Never lost a war in its 237 year history
>Leader of the free world

sorry but we win
REΛLFORCE 103u, Ergodex DX1, IBM model M, Daskeyboard II, QFR brown,

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #171 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 20:32:35 »
Wow. Just...wow. I don't even know where to begin with all that is wrong with that post.

But I will say, that the few things you mentioned that are true, are nothing to be proud of, for anyone.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #172 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 21:09:07 »
To stir the pot...
How is being the only country to successfully land on the moon a thing to not have pride in?
Same with all the other non-war things that are fairly accurately funded and based in the US now?

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #173 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 21:10:02 »
isn't america in a lot of debt?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #174 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 21:11:32 »
Isn't *everyone*?

Offline singaporean123

« Reply #175 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 21:21:15 »
Isn't *everyone*?

touche. hope i didnt come across as being too douchy in my previous post. nothing personal..

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #176 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 21:22:38 »
Isn't *everyone*?

touche. hope i didnt come across as being too douchy in my previous post. nothing personal..

I didn't think you were.

Offline singaporean123

« Reply #177 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 21:24:24 »
Isn't *everyone*?

I didn't think you were.
That's great! Some are really patriotic;I'll be gunned down by them

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #178 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 21:28:26 »
Isn't *everyone*?

I didn't think you were.
That's great! Some are really patriotic;I'll be gunned down by them

I'm not that 'murkan.  Don't even own a gun.  Other than a nerf gun, nerf guns are cool.

Offline iri

« Reply #179 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 23:07:33 »
>Only military that has the industrial and technological capacity to mass produce unmanned drones
aren't those made in china?

>Won WWII singlehandedly
:))
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #180 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 23:55:08 »
I don't even know where to start, but :
Largest navy in the world
By net tonnage yes, by number of ships and people, no.
Won WWII singlehandedly
Oh no you didn't. 
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #181 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 00:52:23 »
Winning WW2 by ourselves is pretty laughable (and possibly a troll), but making it to the moon is certainly among the things I'm proud of as an American.

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #182 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 00:54:58 »
Winning WW2 by ourselves is pretty laughable (and possibly a troll), but making it to the moon is certainly among the things I'm proud of as an American.
Putting a man on the moon.  The Soviet Union "made it" there first.

Offline iri

« Reply #183 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 01:31:31 »
Isn't *everyone*?
to be precise, no. taiwan has zero debt. and they make good keyboards!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #184 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 01:41:27 »
Putting a man on the moon.  The Soviet Union "made it" there first.

If we're going to be pedantic, I didn't actually say anything about men or being first. :P

Offline Lanx

« Reply #185 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 02:52:00 »
we have to give wwii credit, where credit is due.

as anyone who has ever played call of duty or medal of honor, we all know that the ruskie's get credit as well. I mean the ruskie's didn't have much but a lot of ruskie's to throw at the dumb german's who said "hey, i know a great idea, why don't us nazi's go up to the north and invade russia in below zero degree's weather, cuz we're all nazi and ****"

so nazi's being nazi's died to ruskie's and vodka! oh and of course operation overlord, come on! who hasn't watch saving private ryan.

from history we know the british don't count, they let a bunch of pilgrims take America from them, and they let the frilly french help too. Then they lost the war of 1812 again. then of course without 'Merica being dragged into WWI, the british would have lost that war too, they just have a history of loosing ever since.

but yea if 'Merica didn't let the japanese bomb pearl harbor (come on we've all read about the silly coded messages the japanese had, America cracked those codes like for decades), Europe and Asia would all be speaking German and Japanese, and i guess Italian too, don't forget the italians were on the loosing side also!

Offline iri

« Reply #186 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 03:37:03 »
removed
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 January 2021, 05:40:39 by iri »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #187 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 08:13:58 »
why america wins

>Strongest nation on Earth for 67 years and counting
>Highest GDP on Earth
>Worth 51% of the global economy
>Largest navy in the world
>Has military bases on 1/3rd of the Earth
>Only country with a functioning railgun
>30 years technologically superior to any other opposing nation's military on Earth
>Developing a new generation of spaceships
>Only country to have been to the Moon
>Only country with a private sector actively working in space
>Global center of the arts, humanities, education, finance, commerce, business, warfare, technology, industry, culture, politics and communication
>Owns the most cities on the World Cities ranking chart
>Won WWII singlehandedly
>Leader of the free world

sorry but we win
I somehow miss sarcasm sign in your post. I can't imagine how anyone could be serious about such propaganda.

Offline dirge

« Reply #188 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 08:23:38 »
why america wins
>Won WWII singlehandedly
sorry but we win

On behalf of the 20 million Russian's that died, **** you.
Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

Offline keyboardlover

Re: Re: America Fu*k Yeah
« Reply #189 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 09:03:48 »
I somehow miss sarcasm sign in your post. I can't imagine how anyone could be serious about such propaganda.

Let's just hope he was only trolling!

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #190 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 09:09:59 »
why america wins
>Won WWII singlehandedly
sorry but we win

Good point.

sorry but we win

We barely won both the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812.  The only reason we ended up winning those wars was because the French saved our asses.
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #191 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 10:31:10 »
why america wins
>Won WWII singlehandedly
sorry but we win

Seconded.  Speaking as a Russian.

Offline iri

« Reply #192 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 11:22:55 »
27 million soviets. speaking as a chechen.

j/k, russkiy all the way.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #193 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 12:00:58 »
There are no winners in war.

Offline Smeagol_RP

• your ad here
    • Steam
« Reply #194 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 12:06:28 »
"The French fight for glory, the English fight for land, and the Americans fight for souvenirs."

:))
  • CM QFR (Clears) | CM QFR (Blues) | KBT Poker II (62g Browns) | CM Alcor

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #195 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 12:08:07 »
There are no winners in war.

Very true.

War is bad, mmkay...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline poopmat

« Reply #196 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:49:59 »
wow look what a little trolling will do
 ;D

« Last Edit: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:52:07 by poopmat »
REΛLFORCE 103u, Ergodex DX1, IBM model M, Daskeyboard II, QFR brown,

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #197 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 15:24:13 »
Knew it!

Offline iri

« Reply #198 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 15:27:01 »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #199 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 16:13:10 »
thats the only way to roll.

equal opportunity hater!

we should start a club

I agree with you, most people are awful.