Author Topic: America Fu*k Yeah  (Read 232010 times)

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
Re: America Fu*k Yeah
« Reply #350 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 21:05:10 »
HOORAY TO AMERICA  :p :p :p

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN IS FREE!

Ah, what a paradise for gun lovers who like to stalk people in the night. You can shoot unarmed people and still call it self defense!

Hip Hip hooray! George Zimmerman, Hero of the NRA

(is the neighborhood watch association planning to greet Zimmerman with a 21 assault rifle salute for defending the neighborhood against punks who don't belong there?)

George Zimmerman is free, and the slow, deliberate judicial system worked -- unswayed by emotion, or the wild caperings of racial arsonists like Al Sharpton. It's a good day. It's sad that a human life was lost, but lynching a man who clearly defended himself from a thug is not justice. This sort of thing won't end until the black community admits that its young male members have a problem with glorifying thuggish dress and behavior. Zimmerman, though free, will have to live with the knowledge that he ended a human life.

you are one of the most openly racist members on geekhack at this moment. no congratulations, you should be ashamed of yourself and your heinous, disgusting opinion.

It was Trayvon Martin who injected race into the situation when he called Zimmerman a 'creepy ass cracker' -- while the prosecutors utterly failed to find any evidence that Zimmerman was motivated by racial hatred. What's it like, sth, to live in a world where facts are irrelevant? Is it sunny in your world? Race shouldn't matter, only the content of your character. A recent survey found that most people considered blacks to be more racist than just about any other group.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/lifestyle/general_lifestyle/july_2013/more_americans_view_blacks_as_racist_than_whites_hispanics

Am I racist for pointing this out, sth? Your problem, sth, is that I'm not afraid (at all) to talk about these issues -- and people like you prefer people to witness this utter nonsense and remain silent.
I just can't do it. But you haven't met my arguments with facts of your own, just insults. Is that all you're capable of doing? My prediction: you'll do what you did last time, and claim that you can't convince me, that you're too tired to step into the ring, etc.

I've heard it all before, and from people a lot more eloquent than you. You dared to call me a racist. Ok. Now prove your claim, if you've got the stones. (You don't.)
In all likelihood, Martin was the racist.

if you think 'racist' is a bigger insult than 'cracker' you are a racist.

please read racismschool.tumblr.com, i seriously don't have the time or patience to rehash things for people who live inside privilege bubbles and refuse to acknowledge the testimony of oppressed peoples.

11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #351 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 21:13:42 »
The racist Big Brother thread is leaking into my 'Murica thread.

Needs more 'murica!

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #352 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 21:19:54 »
My prediction: you'll do what you did last time, and claim that you can't convince me, that you're too tired to step into the ring, etc.
i seriously don't have the time or patience to rehash things for people who live inside privilege bubbles and refuse to acknowledge the testimony of oppressed peoples.

Tomorrow's winning lottery numbers are: 8-11-22-34-37-44

Oh, and thanks so much for trying to give me homework, sth, LOL! 'privilege bubbles'? Who comes up with this stuff!?

Go, go, privilege bubble!

In retrospect, it was worth being called a racist just to be introduced to the 'privilege bubble' concept.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #353 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 21:29:11 »
My prediction: you'll do what you did last time, and claim that you can't convince me, that you're too tired to step into the ring, etc.
i seriously don't have the time or patience to rehash things for people who live inside privilege bubbles and refuse to acknowledge the testimony of oppressed peoples.

Tomorrow's winning lottery numbers are: 8-11-22-34-37-44

Oh, and thanks so much for trying to give me homework, sth, LOL! 'privilege bubbles'? Who comes up with this stuff!?

Go, go, privilege bubble!

In retrospect, it was worth being called a racist just to be introduced to the 'privilege bubble' concept.
i'm not playing this 'who has the better snappy comeback' game with you, i'm providing you a great resource compiled by a person of color based not only on her own experiences but the submitted experiences of others and all of the research she has done to create that website.

look man, i gave you THE single best starting point to understanding racism that i have come across in all my reading and attempts to rectify my own privilege and the state of our country. if you don't want to take this information that i have practically handed to you on a platter, then you're choosing to stay ignorant and hold onto racist beliefs in the face of astounding evidence to the contrary (to which i refer you again to racismschool).

11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #354 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 21:38:07 »
please read racismschool.tumblr.com, i seriously don't have the time or patience to rehash things for people who live inside privilege bubbles and refuse to acknowledge the testimony of oppressed peoples.
Sorry but this just reminds me of those whiny, psuedo-feminists who thinks every male is evil and rape is worse than genocide.

I can't take it seriously.. It's as if you think you're so awesome. You think you're such a good person, that you have a towering moral and that everyone should look towards you for guidance. What you think is far, far from the truth my friend :))
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #355 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 21:42:36 »
Sorry but this just reminds me of those whiny, psuedo-feminists who thinks every male is evil and rape is worse than genocide.

I can't take it seriously.. It's as if you think you're so awesome. You think you're such a good person, that you have a towering moral and that everyone should look towards you for guidance. What you think is far, far from the truth my friend :))

i didn't write that blog nor do i have anything to do with it

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #356 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 21:43:16 »

No, no. Not the blog. What I quoted. The way you phrased it.

Well, the blog's pretty bad too but that's not what I was talking about.
github

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #357 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 21:52:40 »
HOORAY TO AMERICA  :p :p :p

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN IS FREE!

Ah, what a paradise for gun lovers who like to stalk people in the night. You can shoot unarmed people and still call it self defense!

Hip Hip hooray! George Zimmerman, Hero of the NRA

(is the neighborhood watch association planning to greet Zimmerman with a 21 assault rifle salute for defending the neighborhood against punks who don't belong there?)

George Zimmerman is free, and the slow, deliberate judicial system worked -- unswayed by emotion, or the wild caperings of racial arsonists like Al Sharpton. It's a good day. It's sad that a human life was lost, but lynching a man who clearly defended himself from a thug is not justice. This sort of thing won't end until the black community admits that its young male members have a problem with glorifying thuggish dress and behavior. Zimmerman, though free, will have to live with the knowledge that he ended a human life.

a thug?

cmon.

zimmerman had a worst criminal past than this kid.

at the end of the day, this whole thing sucked. a kid is dead, and zimmerman will always be looking over his shoulder because he wanted to play cops and robbers.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #358 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 21:54:15 »

No, no. Not the blog. What I quoted. The way you phrased it.

Well, the blog's pretty bad too but that's not what I was talking about.

okay, let me put it bluntly:
please read racismschool.tumblr.com, i am sick of racists asking me to do their research for them

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #359 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 21:57:43 »
please read racismschool.tumblr.com, i am sick of racists asking me to do their research for them
Loads better. I can take you seriously now you aren't talking about priviledge bubbles :))

at the end of the day, this whole thing sucked. a kid is dead, and zimmerman will always be looking over his shoulder because he wanted to play cops and robbers.

^ This is so true. People can argue all they want about the outcome but it doesn't change a thing. This whole thing truly did suck, simple as.
github

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #360 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 21:59:50 »
Loads better. I can take you seriously now you aren't talking about priviledge bubbles :))

^ This is so true. People can argue all they want about the outcome but it doesn't change a thing. This whole thing truly did suck, simple as.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_privilege

this is real bruh

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #361 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 23:16:57 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_privilege

this is real bruh

What a letdown. I went there hoping to get all the skinny on the clothing protocol in the Vatican!

Offline quickcrx702

• Ready to bomb with Vietnam tatted on my back
« Reply #362 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 00:54:53 »
I think Zimmerman got away with murder.  However, people get murdered every day in this country, in much less debatable situations, and nobody gives a **** about it.  I've seen people get murdered in front of me in real life, and it didn't even make local news.  I'm not sure why that was national news.  I know that's insensitive, but it's true.

Needs more 'murica!

Show Image

Needs more 'murica!

Show Image

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #363 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 02:41:27 »
Darn, my intention was not to create a racial firestorm on this forum. It was to make fun of things about 'murica that everyone can agree on:

1) too many guns
2) too many trigger happy people
3) too much fear eg self segregation in gated communities with armed neighborhood watch people
4) ridiculous gun-owner friendly laws. Stand Your Ground should not apply if you are stalking someone else; it should apply if someone else is stalking you!
5) a lunatic organization like NRA that worships guns more than Osama bin Laden worships Allah.

and furthermore...

Krogenar,
I’m willing to accept that the judicial system may be right to acquit George Zimmerman. After all, the criteria for a criminal conviction is very high.
I’m willing to accept that Al Sharpton is a racial arsonist.
I’m willing to accept that Zimmerman may have been attacked by Martin who felt uncomfortable at being followed.
But somehow your comment “it’s a good day” just doesn’t sound right.
It’s not a good day.
Even if I had been there myself and decided to acquit based on evidence not meeting the threshold of “beyond a reasonable doubt”, I would not have celebrated. It’s a tragedy no matter what. Even if we gave Zimmerman lots of ‘benefits of the doubt’ and took him at his word and allowed ourselves to think the worst of the dead (who can’t speak for himself), it would still be a tragedy and completely irksome to anybody with empathy.

And quickcrx702, I hope that your signature isn’t intended to make fun of black people. It looks a heck lot like Blaxploitation or a Minstrel show face to me.

I think Zimmerman got away with murder.  However, people get murdered every day in this country, in much less debatable situations, and nobody gives a **** about it.  I've seen people get murdered in front of me in real life, and it didn't even make local news.  I'm not sure why that was national news.  I know that's insensitive, but it's true.

Needs more 'murica!

Show Image

Needs more 'murica!

Show Image

Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline quickcrx702

• Ready to bomb with Vietnam tatted on my back
« Reply #364 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 03:18:22 »

Actually, my avatar was taken from a youtube makeup tutorial where a young female was showing off her awesome makeup skills.  She pretty much took acrylic paint, mixed it on a paper plate, took a popsicle stick and applied it to her face.  Finding humor in that does not make me a racist, maybe a jerk, but not a racist.  It would be just as funny to me if it were a (insert race here) girl.  Here is proof:

"Ready to bomb with Vietnam tatted on my back" was taken from a Vietnamese gangsta rap song.  In both cases regarding my avatar, there isn't anything racist about them.  I don't see race, only people that unintentionally bring a smile to my face.  I am merely sharing random stuff from the internet that I find humorous.  I am also not sharing these in a mean spirited way, and you can draw your own conclusion about both the picture and rap lyric.

Edited to include video the lyrics came from:
Only here in 'Murica.  What's even funnier is that Viet gangs are some of the hardest out there, but I still get a chuckle when they talk "hood wid it."

I tried to find the original youtube video I got the picture from, but I couldn't find it.  I clipped the picture from the video one night when I was puffin some herb, which also qualifies as 'Murica.

You might see those examples as racist, but I see them as 'Murica, fawk yeah!
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 July 2013, 03:34:58 by quickcrx702 »

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #365 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 04:44:26 »
Darn, my intention was not to create a racial firestorm on this forum. It was to make fun of things about 'murica that everyone can agree on:

1) too many guns

You're entitled to your opinion. I think if more law-abiding people had guns, there would be less violence in the long-run, not more.

Quote from: beserkfan
2) too many trigger happy people

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-3153497.html

Quote from: CBS
The department's Bureau of Justice Statistics report offers a snapshot of racial disparities among violent crime victims. Black people represented an estimated 13 percent of the U.S. population in 2005, the latest data available, but were the victims of 49 percent of all murders and 15 percent of rapes, assaults and other nonfatal violent crimes nationwide.

Most of the black murder victims — 93 percent — were killed by other black people, the study found. About 85 percent of white victims were slain by other white people.

A gun-owner is not necessarily a trigger-happy person. Statistically speaking (as shown in the article above) to be a young, black man between the ages of 15-24 is in the most dangerous ethnic group. If you're a member of that statistical range you're much more likely to be either a victim, or someone who creates a victim. More research shows that the prime cause of this epidemic among young black men is not having a father in the home. It's not guns -- it's that these men and boys grew up without a father's guidance. But no one (no "progressives", anyway) are going to con to any of this because that would mean that corrupt, family-destroying social welfare programs are to blame; the shining jewels of their philosophy.

3) too much fear eg self segregation in gated communities with armed neighborhood watch people
So what should be done? Force people to live in more racially diverse neighborhoods? How do we combat self-segregation? Should people not be allowed to observe suspicious individuals that enter their neighborhoods? If I've been robbed multiple times, am I not allowed, even, to flinch or take steps to prevent it from happening again? I don't think that's the problem. The problem Zimmerman was reacting to was crime in his neighborhood.

4) ridiculous gun-owner friendly laws. Stand Your Ground should not apply if you are stalking someone else; it should apply if someone else is stalking you!
A juror has spoken out already. She said Martin threw the first punch. So, if someone is following you -- and let's be honest here, Zimmerman is not particularly imposing physically -- you have the right to confront and then attack that person? I sincerely wish Martin had not attacked Zimmerman; he'd be alive today. The 'Stand Your Ground' law does not apply if you start the fight.

Krogenar,
I’m willing to accept that the judicial system may be right to acquit George Zimmerman. After all, the criteria for a criminal conviction is very high.
I’m willing to accept that Al Sharpton is a racial arsonist.
I’m willing to accept that Zimmerman may have been attacked by Martin who felt uncomfortable at being followed.
But somehow your comment “it’s a good day” just doesn’t sound right.
It’s not a good day.
Even if I had been there myself and decided to acquit based on evidence not meeting the threshold of “beyond a reasonable doubt”, I would not have celebrated. It’s a tragedy no matter what. Even if we gave Zimmerman lots of ‘benefits of the doubt’ and took him at his word and allowed ourselves to think the worst of the dead (who can’t speak for himself), it would still be a tragedy and completely irksome to anybody with empathy.

So, you agree with me on all the facts but not my conclusion. My conclusion is that it would be a worse day if Zimmerman had been convicted of 2nd degree murder or manslaughter, none of which would have fit the facts of the case? I agree that this is still a tragedy on the basis of a man having lost his life, but compounding that tragedy with a show trial would have been even worse. But I will relent -- it's not a good day -- but it could have been much worse. Al Sharpton could have gotten what he wanted.

GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline iri

« Reply #366 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 05:41:31 »
danger! 'murica leaks here!

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #367 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 17:13:01 »
Promoting hatred, bigotry, race-baiting, etc. isn't going to ever bring a loved one back or inspire peace. We have to accept that life is filled with risk. Eye for an eye makes everyone blind. Meanwhile, hundreds of thousands of kids have been killed in the middle east, no trials, media says nothing, few people care.

Actually I thought Lupe Fiasco hit the nail on the head about the whole thing:
http://intellihub.com/2013/07/14/rapper-lupe-fiasco-makes-controversial-posts-on-zimmerman-verdict/

Offline yester64

« Reply #368 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 22:44:54 »
I think America is crazy with guns. That doesn't mean that everyone is trigger happy or a gun nut. What it means is, that there are more guns than in most of other western countries.

As far as the law goes, it does entitle to shot someone without consequences like in the case of Zimmermann. On the other hand, there wasn't even a question why he pursuit him in the first place. He did ignore the order of the police. So in my conclusion there was something more into it than just an accidental shoot.

We lost already a man like Sam Cook that way. Just an accident. Think happen.
And there was the case where a drunk teenager went in to the wrong house and got shoot (killed).
It is very easy to point and pull the trigger.
Rosewill RK-9000BR (trashed)
WASD V1 Keyboard Cherry Blue w/40A Hardness O-Rings
Steelseries 6GV2 Red Cherry Switches

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #369 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 05:59:16 »
It's not that America is crazy with guns. It's that anyone who thinks government should be the only ones with guns is absolutely mentally insane. More people have died at the hands of governments in history than by any other cause. Today you're more likely to be killed by a police officer than a terrorist. Like I said, we have to accept that life is filled with risk - that doesn't negate the natural right humans have to property ownership.

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #370 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 09:46:23 »
It's not that America is crazy with guns. It's that anyone who thinks government should be the only ones with guns is absolutely mentally insane. More people have died at the hands of governments in history than by any other cause. Today you're more likely to be killed by a police officer than a terrorist. Like I said, we have to accept that life is filled with risk - that doesn't negate the natural right humans have to property ownership.

Anyone that thinks a military force armed with jets, tanks, helicopters and all the vast paraphernalia of military hardware can be resisted, much less overthrown, by a civilian populace armed with handguns, rifles, and shotguns is absolutely mentally insane.

The only thing we've accomplished by flooding America with guns is to kill Americans.  30,000 a year, give or take, more than have died in the terrorist attacks of 2001, the Iraq War, the Afghanistan War, etc.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #371 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 12:31:49 »

Anyone that thinks a military force armed with jets, tanks, helicopters and all the vast paraphernalia of military hardware can be resisted, much less overthrown, by a civilian populace armed with handguns, rifles, and shotguns is absolutely mentally insane.

The only thing we've accomplished by flooding America with guns is to kill Americans.  30,000 a year, give or take, more than have died in the terrorist attacks of 2001, the Iraq War, the Afghanistan War, etc.

While their guns are bigger, numbers tell a different story and those types of revolutions have happened several times in history. I personally do not think it is a good idea though.

But wait, no one "flooded" America with guns. In fact, it's only been in fairly recent decades that this particular aspect of the natural human right to own property has been questioned.  So what changed? Societal decay is the most obvious answer. Take a look at the way prescription lobbying works for instance, while other more natural substances are still under prohibition. Also, the false idea that a four-page document can protect anyone's natural rights to anything has been proven beyond reasonable doubt.

If you want to talk about physically "flooding" an area with the arms by way of the state I would agree that is extremely dangerous. Just take a look at Mexico or the Middle East for instance. Basically that act is a form of state-creation, the forming of a new state (monopoly on force) via another.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 July 2013, 12:35:33 by keyboardlover »

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #372 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 14:01:14 »

While their guns are bigger, numbers tell a different story and those types of revolutions have happened several times in history. I personally do not think it is a good idea though.

But wait, no one "flooded" America with guns. In fact, it's only been in fairly recent decades that this particular aspect of the natural human right to own property has been questioned.  So what changed? Societal decay is the most obvious answer. Take a look at the way prescription lobbying works for instance, while other more natural substances are still under prohibition. Also, the false idea that a four-page document can protect anyone's natural rights to anything has been proven beyond reasonable doubt.

If you want to talk about physically "flooding" an area with the arms by way of the state I would agree that is extremely dangerous. Just take a look at Mexico or the Middle East for instance. Basically that act is a form of state-creation, the forming of a new state (monopoly on force) via another.

Americans own nearly 50% of ALL privately held firearms on the planet.  300 million guns, nearly one for every man, woman, and child in America.  That's just insane. 

Lots of other countries around the world maintain strong human rights and democratic governments without the vast numbers of guns we have.  "Societal decay?"  Don't make me laugh.  Crime rates are down across the board, and have been trending down for decades.  NRA marketing is what you mean.

And what do we have to show for all these guns?  30,000 women, children, and men dead every year.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/domesticpolicy/americans-own-nearly-half-of-the-privately-owned-guns-on-earth-20130716 

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #373 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 14:55:24 »
We're not getting rid of privately owned guns unless the bill of rights is changed. I wouldn't work myself up over it, because nobody is going to change the foundation of the oldest, most successful democratic constitution in the world.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #374 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 17:00:22 »
We're not getting rid of privately owned guns unless the bill of rights is changed. I wouldn't work myself up over it, because nobody is going to change the foundation of the oldest, most successful democratic constitution in the world.

Huh? Bureaucrats pass laws and violate the bill of rights and constitution all the time. It's just a bunch of paper, they can do whatever they want. It doesn't bind anyone, legally or otherwise. The belief in it is merely faith. More info:

Americans own nearly 50% of ALL privately held firearms on the planet.  300 million guns, nearly one for every man, woman, and child in America.  That's just insane. 

Lots of other countries around the world maintain strong human rights and democratic governments without the vast numbers of guns we have.  "Societal decay?"  Don't make me laugh.  Crime rates are down across the board, and have been trending down for decades.  NRA marketing is what you mean.

And what do we have to show for all these guns?  30,000 women, children, and men dead every year.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/domesticpolicy/americans-own-nearly-half-of-the-privately-owned-guns-on-earth-20130716 

I'm not really sure what your argument here is. If you want to play the numbers game we can do that. Whether or not we go historically or recent, it will prove me right though. Remember I already mentioned Mexico and the Middle East?

MY point is simply that if you, unlike myself, cannot accept that life is filled with risk and would rather live in a cage, then that's fine. But you have no right to force me or anyone else in there with you.

« Last Edit: Wed, 17 July 2013, 17:02:16 by keyboardlover »

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #375 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 17:22:17 »
This thread makes me sick...
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #376 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 17:39:58 »
This thread makes me sick...

Ditto.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #377 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 17:45:57 »

Offline yester64

« Reply #378 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 19:28:38 »

Huh? Bureaucrats pass laws and violate the bill of rights and constitution all the time. It's just a bunch of paper, they can do whatever they want. It doesn't bind anyone, legally or otherwise. The belief in it is merely faith. More info:

I'm not really sure what your argument here is. If you want to play the numbers game we can do that. Whether or not we go historically or recent, it will prove me right though. Remember I already mentioned Mexico and the Middle East?

MY point is simply that if you, unlike myself, cannot accept that life is filled with risk and would rather live in a cage, then that's fine. But you have no right to force me or anyone else in there with you.

Mm... i don't own a gun personally but i fired guns.
The question is not really if guns should be repelled or taken away, but rather why people think that they are safer with a gun than without. There is no proof that you are per se safer with a gun. Sure, anyone can protect his property (whatever it is) with a gun. But i think there are a majority that own a gun and don't even got a training for using a gun and knowing what to do and not to do. This is like walking with nitroglycerin.

There is a saying that at night everyone looks grey. Its one of these situations that can lead to a bad assumption.

Personally i think all humans are animals that kill. If society would break down bad things are to happen. It happen already in New Orleans and that was only for a couple of days.
So safer is very subjective in my opinion.

But again, i am not against anyones right to use or own a gun. Just have a different perspective of things.
Rosewill RK-9000BR (trashed)
WASD V1 Keyboard Cherry Blue w/40A Hardness O-Rings
Steelseries 6GV2 Red Cherry Switches

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #379 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 21:01:44 »
Mm... i don't own a gun personally but i fired guns.
The question is not really if guns should be repelled or taken away, but rather why people think that they are safer with a gun than without. There is no proof that you are per se safer with a gun. Sure, anyone can protect his property (whatever it is) with a gun. But i think there are a majority that own a gun and don't even got a training for using a gun and knowing what to do and not to do. This is like walking with nitroglycerin.

The answer is because as individuals we are unfortunately forced to live among these gigantic monopolies on violence which are commonly called "governments". And these cold monsters of force have been ramming their never-ending fists at the barrel of a gun down the throats of innocent people for far too long. And the body count is insane.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #380 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 21:02:57 »
This thread is still active???

Wow...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #381 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 21:11:34 »

Wow...

I agree. It should go bye-bye. This kind of stuff is what I'd expect to see on a place like deskthority.
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #382 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 21:14:21 »

Wow...

I agree. It should go bye-bye. This kind of stuff is what I'd expect to see on a place like deskthority.
Now you're hating on DT? I thought you bronies were all for love and friendship and stuff.

I don't see why you need to bring DT into this, but I do agree. This thread should either go bye-bye or go back to what it was meant for : taking the light piss out of america in a playful manner.
github

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #383 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 21:19:09 »
The thread was going great until right about here:
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36895.msg959815#msg959815

And then everybody got real butthurt real quick.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #384 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 21:26:37 »

Leave it to one person to ruin the fun for everyone else...

tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #385 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 21:28:54 »
Leave it to one person to ruin the fun for everyone else...

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #386 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 21:31:18 »
It's been so long I forgot this has been a common theme in all off-topic threads...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #387 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 21:38:25 »

I tried bringing it back on track

And since it's fair time in Orange County, you can't get more 'murican than this. I call it an ode to obesity.

Edit:  Videos won't embed, darn.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 July 2013, 21:41:36 by nubbinator »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #388 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 21:40:17 »

remove the s from https

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #389 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 21:42:02 »
Thank you demik.  I is speshul.

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #390 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 21:42:38 »
Haha! It was fair time around here too, and they were selling deep fried Butterfingers...
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #391 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 21:44:03 »
Thank you demik.  I is speshul.

anything for a fellow Californian!

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #392 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 06:05:20 »
'Merica!

Offline iri

« Reply #393 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 07:27:39 »
snowden defected with TRULY GROUNDBREAKING NEWS, really.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #394 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 00:44:52 »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #395 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 06:24:53 »
According to reddit, I'm Murica:

http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/1jjd15/murica_this_guy_just_summed_most_of_us_americans/

I never use or go on reddit so this was quite the surprise when someone PM'd me about it.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #396 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 09:57:23 »

Mod edit: ...many more flags removed for brevity

« Last Edit: Fri, 02 August 2013, 14:04:44 by hashbaz »
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #397 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 04:43:55 »
<Mod edit: image removed>
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 August 2013, 18:09:34 by dorkvader »

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee