Author Topic: Nicolas Tavlas Keyboard  (Read 3371 times)

Offline Snarfangel

Nicolas Tavlas Keyboard
« on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 20:34:14 »
I was wondering if anyone had information on the Nicolas Tavlas Keyboard -- was it just a render, or was it actually made, and if the latter, how did it feel? :)
Here is a link and rather small pictures:

http://www.techpin.com/the-ergo-keyboard-from-nicolas-tavlas/

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
Re: Nicolas Tavlas Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 22:08:23 »
I think it is a sleek design and it would be fun to put it through its paces. Just looking at it makes me want to touch it.

I do however wonder if aesthetics took front seat ahead of ergonomics. Specifically, I question the location and orientation of the center thumb wheels as well as the thumb buttons position. Also, while he already has vertical columns, it seems like staggering them would be an easy and major improvement. I understand and like the hinged split and think it is a great feature. Unfortunately, that seems to do more than anything to hurt its look. It looks as if someone stole a slice out of the pie when our heads were turned. 

I make these initial comments realizing that, having never tried it, some of my ergo concerns may not be valid. If I ever try it out and like it, I'll be the first to admit my error.

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 20:40:04 »
Cute design.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline hoggy

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 07:13:06 »
Just a render, sadly.  As always, I agree with kurplop, it looks like it would look better than it would feel to use.  ...but it does look rather nice.
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0