Author Topic: 'Slave' hand on Infinity Ergodox not working  (Read 3257 times)

Offline Brodie337

'Slave' hand on Infinity Ergodox not working
« on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 17:00:55 »
Hi all,

I posted this on Reddit, without any luck, so I’ll copy paste it here.

I’m having some issues with my newly built Ergodox infinity. At home, the keyboard works fine with a cable from the PC to one hand, then another cable from that hand to the other.

Bringing my board to work though, the keyboard only works when each half has a cable run from it to the PC. However, if I try to plug one hand into the other, whichever hand is not directly plugged into the PC will not work. It’ll power on and display the I:C logo on its display, but I can’t switch layers or type anything.

Is it some sort of driver issue? I’ve tried switching which hand is plugged into the computer, but I get the same results, so I know each hand is individually working, so I’m a bit baffled. Any wisdom would be appreciated.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: 'Slave' hand on Infinity Ergodox not working
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 17 December 2016, 04:14:38 »
Are you using a USB port on the front of the case at work?  These are sometimes underpowered, the original ergodox was power hungry and adding screens for the infinity can't have helped.  If you haven't already try it in a USB2 port (not a blue USB3) on the back of the computer.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod