Author Topic: fake clack discussion  (Read 374344 times)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
Re: fake clack discussion
« Reply #2250 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 17:06:17 »
I was pretty concerned finding these on ebay... I am sure they are not legit.  What do you guys think of this and have you seen it before?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/161710374150?item=161710374150&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466&rmvSB=true

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Painted-Topre-Artisan-Keycap-cherry-mx-hhkb-click-clack-brocap-3d-key/161710371956?_trksid=p2054897.c100204.m3164&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140407115239%26meid%3Dc27fe41be6254be0800b7af8a7fcf09b%26pid%3D100204%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D27%26sd%3D161710374150

This makes me very wary of any ebay keys from now on... especially from fresh accounts or unknown or untrusted members.  I know I can tell the difference from a real and a knockoff but this was really depressing to find.

Lmao and here was me thinking those ****ty knock-off's couldn't look any worse hahah

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2251 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 17:10:26 »
I was pretty concerned finding these on ebay... I am sure they are not legit.  What do you guys think of this and have you seen it before?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/161710374150?item=161710374150&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466&rmvSB=true

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Painted-Topre-Artisan-Keycap-cherry-mx-hhkb-click-clack-brocap-3d-key/161710371956?_trksid=p2054897.c100204.m3164&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140407115239%26meid%3Dc27fe41be6254be0800b7af8a7fcf09b%26pid%3D100204%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D27%26sd%3D161710374150

This makes me very wary of any ebay keys from now on... especially from fresh accounts or unknown or untrusted members.  I know I can tell the difference from a real and a knockoff but this was really depressing to find.

Lmao and here was me thinking those ****ty knock-off's couldn't look any worse hahah
It obviously was a professionally done paint job. I mean the bottom alone looks so fkn amazing that I can't stop thinking about it. Perhaps he will attempt a miami knockoff one too  :p :p That I'd like to see.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Click Clack / Bro Cap knockoff? is it common?
« Reply #2252 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 17:17:54 »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Painted-Topre-Artisan-Keycap-cherry-m-hhkb-click-clack-brocap-3d-key/161710371956?_trksid=p2054897.c100204.m3164&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140407115239%26meid%3Dc27fe41be6254be0800b7af8a7fcf09b%26pid%3D100204%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D27%26sd%3D161710374150

Damn that's some ****ty stuff! I didn't have the motivation to read through the 76 pages, sorry ... Can someone tell how CC did fight this false clack, if he did?

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline KeypressGraphics

• Dare to Dream
    • Keypress Graphics
« Reply #2253 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 19:04:47 »
Hey everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself as the chap selling those painted artisan keycaps on ebay you've been discussing.

I bought those two about a month ago from the K3KC website, they are not Click Clack and Brocap originals - unfortunately the resolution on my crappy point & shoot camera isn't great so you may have trouble picking out the "K3" logo on the underside of each cap, but if you look at the shots closely it is hard to miss when you know what to look for.
I've just updated the text of my ads to make it absolutely clear they are K3KC caps. It was definitely not my intention to pass them off as originals and I apologize for any confusion.

My main interest lies in painting rather than the caps themselves. I've spent years painting miniatures and on returning to Geekhack after a long absence I noticed how many new designs of artisan keycaps were in circulation and how much interest had sprung up around them. I hadn't physically painted anything in a very long time (Photoshop's my tool of choice now) but knew right away how much better matt plastic always looks when painted and so decided it was worth trying.

I've since tried to get my hands on all the artisans I can find to paint, but getting hold of them can be tricky unless you happen to have a very leaky wallet or artisan caps of your own to trade. Having neither I've instead bought what I can find on ebay, shapeways and those two from K3KC.
Speaking of those two I'd hate for people to get the impression by painting & selling them I'm endorsing intellectual property theft, because I am not. However the designs themselves are unique and I was very keen to see how they'd turn out when painted but don't have access to the originals. Their ebay minimum prices reflect what I paid for them and whatever I make will be spent on other caps to paint.
May all your key presses strike true.

Choc Mini         HHKB

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #2254 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 19:16:45 »
*pours a double of whiskey*

*busts out the popcorn*

*waits patiently*

:p

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2255 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 19:32:32 »

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #2256 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 22:25:01 »
Hmmm, just when you thought the world couldn't get any weirder...
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2257 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 23:01:32 »
I think it's great that you have the talent to paint so well.
It's fine to paint any caps you have if you like it.
But then to resell it back in eBay, that's kinda weird to me. I am not sure what to make of it.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2258 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 23:19:02 »
But then to resell it back in eBay, that's kinda weird to me. I am not sure what to make of it.

To buy a counterfeit to paint and resell is shady no matter what.  Either buy the originals or don't buy at all.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2259 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 23:24:24 »

To buy a counterfeit to paint and resell is shady no matter what.  Either buy the originals or don't buy at all.

But then you wouldn't want to paint the originals!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline KeypressGraphics

• Dare to Dream
    • Keypress Graphics
« Reply #2260 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 00:39:52 »

I should've clarified my intentions in my earlier post Belfong.

Artisan keycaps look can look great but there's no doubt in my mind most will look much better painted. When I saw earlier in the year nobody's doing it (at least to my knowledge) it surprised me so I decided to pick up the brush about a month ago and get cracking.
I'd like to offer an artisan keycap painting service (possibly with full keyboards to follow down the track) but I need examples of my work and to brush up on my painting skills which are quite rusty. So I've been buying & painting what artisans I can find & afford to put together a portfolio so to speak, but as my financial situation isn't as flash as I'd like the end products are being sold to finance new artisans even though some I'd prefer to keep.

Hopefully that clears things up a little. I'll certainly avoid buying K3KC caps in future as I've no wish to damage the community or give offense to the legitimate creators of those designs.

For those curious here are most of the MX caps I've painted so far.

« Last Edit: Fri, 22 May 2015, 03:42:08 by Bosk »

Choc Mini         HHKB

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2261 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 02:05:23 »
Have you seen the "war of betrayal" caps? Those are painted caps, as well as bunnylake's hypno caps.

The problem isn't really about you painting caps and selling them as much as it's you financially supporting K3 by buying those caps. There's tons of other artisan caps you could have bought other than K3's ripoff caps.
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2262 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 02:08:03 »
Mind you it's pretty much a sin to paint a real CC or BroBot so I get it but it's still not right to give your money to K3
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2263 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 02:44:56 »
I'm torn. One the one hand you supported k3 by buying his crap, but on the other hand you improved upon them with some original thought.

As for painting a real BB or CC I don't know why people would be upset about that. It's your cap, who's to say what you do with your own property. If someone bought a Lamborghini and decided to paint it glittery purple that's their prerogative and their property and no one should be able to tell them otherwise.

Come to think of it I'd be less upset over a painted original than a painted knockoff, but that probably wouldn't stop the GH witch hunt brigade from gathering their torches and pitchforks.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2264 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 02:53:11 »
Hey everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself as the chap selling those painted artisan keycaps on ebay you've been discussing.

I bought those two about a month ago from the K3KC website, they are not Click Clack and Brocap originals - unfortunately the resolution on my crappy point & shoot camera isn't great so you may have trouble picking out the "K3" logo on the underside of each cap, but if you look at the shots closely it is hard to miss when you know what to look for.
I've just updated the text of my ads to make it absolutely clear they are K3KC caps. It was definitely not my intention to pass them off as originals and I apologize for any confusion.

My main interest lies in painting rather than the caps themselves. I've spent years painting miniatures and on returning to Geekhack after a long absence I noticed how many new designs of artisan keycaps were in circulation and how much interest had sprung up around them. I hadn't physically painted anything in a very long time (Photoshop's my tool of choice now) but knew right away how much better matt plastic always looks when painted and so decided it was worth trying.

I've since tried to get my hands on all the artisans I can find to paint, but getting hold of them can be tricky unless you happen to have a very leaky wallet or artisan caps of your own to trade. Having neither I've instead bought what I can find on ebay, shapeways and those two from K3KC.
Speaking of those two I'd hate for people to get the impression by painting & selling them I'm endorsing intellectual property theft, because I am not. However the designs themselves are unique and I was very keen to see how they'd turn out when painted but don't have access to the originals. Their ebay minimum prices reflect what I paid for them and whatever I make will be spent on other caps to paint.

By buying counterfeits, I'm not supporting counterfeiting, I just don't want to pay for a real one.
Logic.

Offline KeypressGraphics

• Dare to Dream
    • Keypress Graphics
« Reply #2265 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 03:40:28 »
Have you seen the "war of betrayal" caps? Those are painted caps, as well as bunnylake's hypno caps.

The problem isn't really about you painting caps and selling them as much as it's you financially supporting K3 by buying those caps. There's tons of other artisan caps you could have bought other than K3's ripoff caps.

Actually I have seen those War of Betrayal caps Evo_Spec. The images I've seen show a really cool grungy/industrial aesthetic and I like the way he's tied the different caps together with a theme. The hypno caps on the other hand I'd place in a different category, they're very impressive artistically and I know from experience painting freehand on plastic is much harder than it looks.

In hindsight buying K3KC's caps wasn't the wisest thing to do. As I said earlier I really don't want to be seen as supporting IP theft, because that's absolutely not what I'm about and wasn't on my mind when I bought them. I can't really afford to wear the loss but am happy to offload them for what I originally paid.

Choc Mini         HHKB

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #2266 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 04:48:26 »
Artisan keycaps look can look great but there's no doubt in my mind most will look much better painted. When I saw earlier in the year nobody's doing it (at least to my knowledge) it surprised me so I decided to pick up the brush about a month ago and get cracking.

One reason you might not find many fans of painted caps is simply because keyboards are just as much about tactile feel, as they are about aesthetics, seeing as they are essential input tools that we use day in and day out with our computers.

I'm happy to see that you've taken the initiative to create something new, and try to offer enthusiasts more options; that said, there is a lot of drama surrounding these counterfeits, some confrontations leading to the departure of certain members of our community, so it might be wise to find other caps in the future to work on :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 May 2015, 04:50:22 by Karura »

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2267 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 07:20:56 »

Just an FYI do_Og@n did HyPnoCaPs https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49377.0

Back in the day bunny did do some nail polish caps (and he has done a few other variants along the way) which were some of my first caps purchased and how I made a friend. :D https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=42698.0

Ok back to the regularly scheduled programming.

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #2268 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 07:22:43 »
Mind you it's pretty much a sin to paint a real CC or BroBot so I get it but it's still not right to give your money to K3
A bro and a clack from a dye experiment. The clack really soaked up the dye very quickly, and the bro was about the shade I was going for.

101371-0
RETIRED

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2269 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 07:24:13 »
A bro and a clack from a dye experiment. The clack really soaked up the dye very quickly, and the bro was about the shade I was going for.

(Attachment Link)
Welp! Looks like that clacks no good, I'll let you send it to me for disposal.
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #2270 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 07:27:13 »

(Attachment Link)
The shade of teal that bro cap is now is very nice looks like a pond to me :)
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2271 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 07:27:43 »

(Attachment Link)

that V2 looks awesome, the clack tho, not so much lol... what colour was it before the dye?

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2272 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 10:06:45 »

(Attachment Link)
Teal Unicorn!!! I need it!
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #2273 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 16:50:59 »

(Attachment Link)
Am I the only one that thinks that the clack looks bad-ass?  :-X
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #2274 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 16:52:16 »

(Attachment Link)
Am I the only one that thinks that the k3c looks bad-ass?  :-X

FTFY. And if you like it, just buy and don't tell anyone for fear of being hunted by the purists

WHOA, was thinking of the K3C painted on ebay. NVM ME
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 May 2015, 16:55:11 by Halverson »

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #2275 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 16:52:46 »

(Attachment Link)

I think Xowie had a Hardcore White, so that must be it.  At least I like it better than that other white skull with the scribbled in red eyes from awhile ago.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #2276 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 16:54:52 »

(Attachment Link)

FTFY. And if you like it, just buy and don't tell anyone for fear of being hunted by the purists
This ain't the k3kc I'm talking about, but the dye-clack

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #2277 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 16:55:42 »

(Attachment Link)

This ain't the k3kc I'm talking about, but the dye-clack

Yea, edited my post. My bad! Now to actually check out this dyed clack!

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #2278 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 16:58:04 »

(Attachment Link)

I think Xowie had a Hardcore White, so that must be it.  At least I like it better than that other white skull with the scribbled in red eyes from awhile ago.
loool yeah I remember that...

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #2279 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 17:47:49 »

(Attachment Link)

I'm gonna need that Bro!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2280 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 17:50:56 »

One reason you might not find many fans of painted caps is simply because keyboards are just as much about tactile feel, as they are about aesthetics, seeing as they are essential input tools that we use day in and day out with our computers.

I'm happy to see that you've taken the initiative to create something new, and try to offer enthusiasts more options; that said, there is a lot of drama surrounding these counterfeits, some confrontations leading to the departure of certain members of our community, so it might be wise to find other caps in the future to work on :)

Not on gh. This place is all about appearance.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #2281 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 18:00:40 »

(Attachment Link)

Yea RIP Hardcore White.
RETIRED

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2282 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 18:36:59 »
I think 3Love bought that white one with scribbled eyes, didn’t he?

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #2283 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 18:53:40 »

(Attachment Link)

That BroBot

Offline KeypressGraphics

• Dare to Dream
    • Keypress Graphics
« Reply #2284 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 22:48:22 »

Certainly Karura I can understand many people may prefer the look & feel of unpainted artisans . Particularly when they've never been shown how they can look painted.

Caps do feel slightly different painted. Similar to a pair of speakers, one with a sanded natural wood finish the other with a vinyl veneer. The veneer is softer & more yielding, only the difference with keycaps is much smaller as my technique involves applying thinned coats of paint with a consistency similar to milk. The difference in feel is more pronounced on metal caps that would otherwise be cold to the touch.
I protect my paintjobs with a layer of varnish followed by several layers of Testors Dullcote lacquer. It does a good job preventing paint being affected by fingertips, but the coating can still be scratched which is why I wouldn't recommend them for ladies with long fingernails.

Rest assured I've learned my lesson and won't be buying any more K3 caps in future.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 May 2015, 22:52:44 by Bosk »

Choc Mini         HHKB

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #2285 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 04:38:31 »
I may be way out in left field here—it certainly wouldn't be the first time—but if there really is this much angst over the possibility of buying a fake Clack (or clack) rather than a genuine one, maybe one alternative would be to take a step back from it all and ask yourself, "Why exactly am I so intent on replacing my Esc key with a little skull face? Is it mostly because a bunch of other people did it?" I mean, couldn't it just as easily have been a little recycling truck, or a candy cane, or Mr. Moneybags from Monopoly™?

I'm just saying, maybe it wasn't all that crucial in the first place. Of course there may be serious factors I'm overlooking here. I'm entirely willing to be wrong when it comes to things like this.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #2286 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 09:20:45 »
I may be way out in left field here�it certainly wouldn't be the first time�but if there really is this much angst over the possibility of buying a fake Clack (or clack) rather than a genuine one, maybe one alternative would be to take a step back from it all and ask yourself, "Why exactly am I so intent on replacing my Esc key with a little skull face? Is it mostly because a bunch of other people did it?" I mean, couldn't it just as easily have been a little recycling truck, or a candy cane, or Mr. Moneybags from Monopoly�?

I'm just saying, maybe it wasn't all that crucial in the first place. Of course there may be serious factors I'm overlooking here. I'm entirely willing to be wrong when it comes to things like this.

I think its a lot like when wal-mart started selling spinner hub cabs for cars. In the very early days people were seeing all these decked out, expensive cars with proper spinner rims and just started making the mental connection between these cool cars and the very unique wheels. Obviously most people could never afford (or justify) thousands of dollars for a set to put on their rusted out Plymouth K-cars but they could at least imitate the "cool kids" by heading down to wal-mart and dropping $60 on a set of cheap, plastic hub caps.

People have been seeing all these incredible keyboards around here from people Photek, naasfu, etc. and a good number of them are usually rocking a clack or two. Eventually people started making the mental link between the two and since its hard/expensive/time consuming to get clack they are turning to a clearly inferior product just to get the style.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #2287 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 16:22:08 »
Well, people are into all kinds of things. And the only true measure of how "valuable" a thing is, is how many people want it, and how much they're willing to pay for it. Beyond that, you can't really make judgments about carved plastic key buttons or anything else.

I think it's great that people get so much pleasure out of stuff like this, or any collectable stuff, even though it may baffle people who don't care about it. (Hey, most people couldn't care less about mechanical keyboards in general—and don't you feel sorry for them?)

That said, if something like this is causing people more stress than pleasure, I'm just suggesting it might be a good idea to step back from it and decide how important it really is. Cheers, A.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2288 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 20:26:29 »

bought it and sold it

i remember seeing it in his thread
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #2289 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 22:02:31 »

bought it and sold it

What was it colored with, do we know? Always kind of looked like sharpie ink to me.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2290 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 22:23:29 »

bought it and sold it

What was it colored with, do we know? Always kind of looked like sharpie ink to me.

All I know is that it looked like **** and the person selling it still wanted an obscene price even though it was ****ed up.

Offline Belfong

fake clack discussion
« Reply #2291 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 22:29:03 »
The person who sold it had lots of keyboards for sale as well and was not truthful about the condition. I remember the drama on the RealForce 10AE.
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 May 2015, 22:30:36 by Belfong »

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2292 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 22:31:02 »
The person who sold it had lots of keyboards for sale as well and was not truthful about the condition. I remember the drama on the RealForce 10AE.

dct nct or something? I thought he resolved those issues but I guess not.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #2293 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 22:34:01 »
Yeah, that was the guy with that CC which was painted!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2294 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 00:04:07 »

dct nct or something? I thought he resolved those issues but I guess not.

Not exactly the cleanest resolution.  :blank:

Offline Huxley2500

« Reply #2295 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 18:06:40 »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2296 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 18:28:11 »
Yup, and rippy roo is back to pimping him. 

And I still think that this "Clack" was a K3 or other fake.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2297 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 02:36:11 »
It's funny. You'd think he would have some creativity (like some people suggest he makes his own caps) but no... Those colours are hideous and or just copies of other colours schemes.... Is he colour blind?

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2298 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 02:44:57 »
It's funny. You'd think he would have some creativity (like some people suggest he makes his own caps) but no... Those colours are hideous and or just copies of other colours schemes.... Is he colour blind?

he tried his own caps, and they were terrifyingly bad.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2299 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 02:47:41 »
Every novelty keycap sold for more than $5 should go in the dumb-purchases thread..