Author Topic: F1 2015  (Read 51149 times)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
F1 2015
« on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 03:42:37 »
I can't be the only one hella excited for this weekend, can I?!

Two days away

« Last Edit: Tue, 10 March 2015, 17:30:15 by baldgye »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: F1 2015
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 04:49:17 »
When the grand prix was in Adelaide it was the last race of the season and practically the whole city stopped.  I was there.  I was actually behind the scenes (not doing anything particularly exciting, but we did get free passes).

Then it moved to Melbourne.

A few years later I moved to Melbourne too.

Now it is at the start of the season, and not many people seem to bother about it.  There are a few posters around the city, but that's about it.

I can hear the cars from the office in the CBD on the Thursday and Friday.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 04:52:08 »
Hell yeah!

Yet another ****ed up season for McLaren, they will struggle hard this year with the new Honda things
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 05:15:24 »
Hell yeah!

Yet another ****ed up season for McLaren, they will struggle hard this year with the new Honda things

Yeah but it's a development year for them. This year was always going to be catch up, just hope they can. I want to see Lewis and Alonso back on track fighting for the win again

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 05:21:04 »
Yes, also I want the Mercedes fight to happen again, it was so exciting last year. Hopefully this year will be more than that with the more competitive engine from other teams too, Red Bulls seems to be very promising.
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 05:48:34 »
I don't see it going as well as it did last year. Nico made one mistake and the team publicaly humiliated him. I hope Williams have got some more balls this season to pose a real threat

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 11:11:55 »
IT'S HAPPENING

I'm not paying for Sky Sports though, I hate how it's split over Sky and the BBC. Rupert Murdoch is not getting any more of my money.

But I am excited. I want Mercedes to do well again, but I would love JB to rip it up with the new Honda power packs.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 11:18:01 »
It's the only reason I have Sky, can't stand the BBC's commentary... BBC had the best coverage with Jake and Brundel... But now meh

But yeah, I'm a huge Lewis fan so im hoping he can get his well earned 3rd title. I just hope Alonso is good for another few years so he can battle Lewis and Merc when McLaren finally get its **** together

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 11:31:42 »
It's the only reason I have Sky, can't stand the BBC's commentary... BBC had the best coverage with Jake and Brundel... But now meh

But yeah, I'm a huge Lewis fan so im hoping he can get his well earned 3rd title. I just hope Alonso is good for another few years so he can battle Lewis and Merc when McLaren finally get its **** together

JAKE?? ****ING JAKE??? He is the male version of Clare Balding, but with less knowledge. They put him presenting the NFL as well, and I was just like: Why the hell is this guy here. I think DC and Eddie Jordan are the best two pundits.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 11:36:02 »

JAKE?? ****ING JAKE??? He is the male version of Clare Balding, but with less knowledge. They put him presenting the NFL as well, and I was just like: Why the hell is this guy here. I think DC and Eddie Jordan are the best two pundits.

Jake was brilliant, he might not know much but his banter with all the guys who did (and do) was second to non. Sky and the BBC's coverage is poorer without him.
But I would say Brundel is the best commentator and pundit F1 has seen. Rewatching old races with Murray and Hunt, or Murray and Brundel and you just want them to shut up (bar Hunt who was hilarious) because Murray talks utter ****.
I think I learnt more from Brundel's commentary about F1 than I have listening to anyone else or reading anything else.

But that's just me lol...

But yeah ITS TWO DAYS AWAY THE HYPE

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 12:08:18 »
Hopefully Williams can snatch a few podiums, but I want the Mercedes 1-2 battles again.
"money comes and goes, but doubleshots are forever"
-a petty thief

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 13:46:08 »
NASCAR!!!

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 13:49:19 »
I still like to see Nico win, for some reason I much prefer him to Lewis
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 13:50:17 »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 13:54:49 »
I still like to see Nico win, for some reason I much prefer him to Lewis

Shame he pretty much falls apart in the race soon as he gets anywhere near him.
Bahrain was the only time Nico had an advantage (faster newer tires) and after 20ish laps he totally failed to pass him.
I like Nico, I just don't think he's on the same level as Lewis, JB, Alonso, Kimi, Vettel and Danny

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 14:03:48 »
Hell yeah! Shame Mclaren Honda will suck and Mercedes will dominate. Still hoping for a ricciardo win after the injustice of last year - even as a British Fan, it's hard not to like the guy.

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 14:04:25 »
Hell yeah!

This year is everyone else's last year.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 14:16:16 »
Hell yeah! Shame Mclaren Honda will suck and Mercedes will dominate. Still hoping for a ricciardo win after the injustice of last year - even as a British Fan, it's hard not to like the guy.

Injustice? He got three wins! Lol

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 15:01:14 »

Did you watch last years Australian GP?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 15:04:30 »

Did you watch last years Australian GP?

yeah ofc but that wasn't the first time thats ever happened... hell what about what happened at Spa '07? Cost Lewis the title...

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 15:08:41 »
Wasn't really an injustice, it was just unlucky that it happened at his home GP in his debut season for Red Bull. His team ****ed up, and he paid the price. Win as a team, lose as a team.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 17:24:40 »

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 05:20:33 »
Should be another interesting season. Really rooting for Bottas this year, I think he did rather well last year, coming 4th overall in the season in a Williams (beating Vettel, Alonso, Massa, Button and Räikkönen) :D

Ricciardo will be another one to watch this year. He's really on the pace.

Ferrari have a had some time to develop their car, and with Kimi and Sebastian as drivers they should be in with a better chance than last year and Mercedes may not be quite so dominant. I predict both Ferrari and Williams will be closer to the Mercedes cars this year (and it's been nice to see Williams back up amongst the top teams again after so long in the lower tiers).

I don't think Button or Alonso are really up to the caliber of the new batch of drivers any more, but I am willing to be proven wrong on that.

Anyway, let the KERS and DRS and turbos loose and let the sparks fly!

I think there's a lot wrong with the sport, particularly the tight technical regulations which completely stifle larger technological innovation and inventiveness (and so many technologies banned which could benefit the car industry if they had the scope to experiment and develop them in F1), but it's still worth watching.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 05:43:11 »
To underestimate Alonso is to tread a VERY dangerous line. There is a reason he's regarded by most as the best driver in the world (I say that as a Hamilton fan).
I think Ferrari will be interesting this year, they have a target of a race win and with the new guy arriving well it's gona be cool to see what the new Ferrari will be like, really hope Kimi is back this year and can match Vettel, otherwise I think he might be done.

I recon that the top teams (in order) will be;

Merc
Williams
RedBull
Ferrari
Torro Rosso
Sauber
Lotus
Mclaren
Force India
Mannor

Next year I really REALLY hope it's a proper return to form for Ferrari, Red Bull and Mclaren so we can have a repeat of 2010.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 05:58:12 »
First Practice TOMORROW

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 10:56:56 »
To underestimate Alonso is to tread a VERY dangerous line. There is a reason he's regarded by most as the best driver in the world (I say that as a Hamilton fan).
I think Ferrari will be interesting this year, they have a target of a race win and with the new guy arriving well it's gona be cool to see what the new Ferrari will be like, really hope Kimi is back this year and can match Vettel, otherwise I think he might be done.

Merc
Williams
RedBull
Ferrari
Torro Rosso
Sauber
Lotus
Mclaren
Force India
Mannor

Next year I really REALLY hope it's a proper return to form for Ferrari, Red Bull and Mclaren so we can have a repeat of 2010.

Lotus has a good engine this year. I would put them above Sauber and Toro Rosso. Also, not convinced McLaren will beat Force India.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 10:58:46 »

Merc
Williams
RedBull
Ferrari
Torro Rosso
Sauber
Lotus
Mclaren
Force India
Mannor

Lotus has a good engine this year. I would put them above Sauber and Toro Rosso. Also, not convinced McLaren will beat Force India.

Yeah I'm not sure what to make of Lotus as there drivers have, lets say dubious track records lol

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 11:12:41 »

Merc
Williams
RedBull
Ferrari
Torro Rosso
Sauber
Lotus
Mclaren
Force India
Mannor

Yeah I'm not sure what to make of Lotus as there drivers have, lets say dubious track records lol

http://hasmaldonadocrashedtoday.com/

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 11:48:35 »

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 12:06:03 »
Aussie friends: any news about the Sauber drivers' situation?
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 March 2015, 12:37:11 by VinnyCordeiro »

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 12:11:50 »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 12:18:34 »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 06:19:08 »

Thursday Drivers Press Conference

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 17:53:33 »
feature=youtu.be

HYPE HYPE

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 23:37:05 »
I CANT WATCH ANY OF THESE VIDEOS

I WANT TO BE HYPE TOO

COME ON LEWIS

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 23:59:27 »
Sitting here trying to work, and it sounds like jets flying overhead, back and forth.

One of the guys yelled "terrorists" and ran for the toilet.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 00:02:16 »
You can post more picture for the community to enjoy it.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 00:02:57 »
Sitting here trying to work, and it sounds like jets flying overhead, back and forth.

Hahaha, they are sounding better than last year, for sure.

What an idiot.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 00:03:45 »

What an idiot.

I'm not sure the two events are related.  He's back at his desk now.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 00:14:09 »

What an idiot.

Is he wearing a hat out of tin foil? :P

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 00:15:34 »

What an idiot.

Is he wearing a hat out of tin foil? :P

No, but his paranoia levels are generally very high.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 00:19:56 »
Well I for one think you are pretty lucky to be hosting a GP. Admittedly Silverstone isn't that far away from me in the grand scheme of things, but it's like £155 minimum per ticket. It's pretty insane.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 05:34:23 »
Well I for one think you are pretty lucky to be hosting a GP. Admittedly Silverstone isn't that far away from me in the grand scheme of things, but it's like �155 minimum per ticket. It's pretty insane.

Yeah it's £500 for the weekend each. That said WEC races are £30 for all access pass!

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 05:48:52 »
Well I for one think you are pretty lucky to be hosting a GP. Admittedly Silverstone isn't that far away from me in the grand scheme of things, but it's like £155 minimum per ticket. It's pretty insane.

BTCC. Or RallyCross

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 06:19:38 »
Pictures from FP1 & 2

« Last Edit: Fri, 13 March 2015, 14:34:56 by baldgye »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 00:53:38 »
Anyone else watching quali live?? It's all ogre now...

In the end it was ezpz and the margin holy ****. Vindication for Vettel though

« Last Edit: Sat, 14 March 2015, 02:30:56 by baldgye »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #46 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 01:40:40 »
Super dull race but a good result for Lewis. Props to Nasr for a great performance too!

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #47 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 09:41:57 »
Super dull race but a good result for Lewis. Props to Nasr for a great performance too!

Pretty much this. At least button managed to finish, was not expecting that!

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 02:31:51 »

Super disappointed that Bottas didn't start because of his back... :(

And Kimi dropping out from 5th because they didn't put his wheel on properly... sigh. I can't imagine the little shoving in the first corner had anything to do with it, because it was all on the right side of his car..

Anyhow, nice to see Ferrari competetive again, but McLaren and Honda have a LOT of development work to do. Seems Lewis really did make the right move in switching to Mercedes from his almost life-long stint with McLaren.

Williams / Ferrari battle seems to be where most of the action will be this season. Quite surprised at the Sauber performance, too. I agree that it was a great drive by Nasr.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 02:37:47 »
not only McLarens/Honda but Red Bull/Renaults seems to have many things to do also

damn the Australia GP, 8h difference and I woke up to the 51st lap of the total 58 :(
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again