Author Topic: Filco Majestouch 2 Camouflage Tenkeyless  (Read 19593 times)

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Filco Majestouch 2 Camouflage Tenkeyless
« on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 11:49:22 »
Well, most of you already know Filco and the quality it represents.  Here's another one that was just added recently to their lineup.  A Filco Majestouch 2 Camouflage Tenkeyless (Multicam).  Thanks to soulfree914, I was able to get a hold of one and post a quick impression of it.

Before I got this keyboard I was worried that the camouflage print was gonna be really bright and standout too much but to my surprise, it was done in a very tasteful, subdued way.  The print doesn't scream bright color camo.  It's dark and not overly bright.  I got the Cherry MX blue version and happy to report that none of the keys ping. =P

Anyway, I'm a man of few words so here are some pics. lol

Box:

Keyboard:

Filco's logo (in army green):

It also comes with extra green WASD keycaps (I put them on already), a key puller and a matching PS/2 adapter:

Green WASD keycaps:

USB cable (also in army green) seems thicker and also stiffer:

Additional function keys (play, pause, forward, etc.):

Sleep/hibernate key (on F12):

Also I don't know if any of you notice but there isn't a Windows key on the left handside.  It's been replaced by a Function key:

Filco quality is still top notch.  There's no loose panel, bad QC, etc.  I got the Cherry MX blue version and it's still a pleasure to type on.  Here's another one to add to your Filco collection.  =D

That's it for now.  Any question please let me know and please don't ask how much since I'm not at liberty to disclose.  All I can say is THANK YOU soulfree!  =P
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 12:43:00 »
Thanks rip and yeah, I saw that on their product page also.  Been trying to find some reference to "water based silkscreen" technique since then. lol
Din Eli

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 12:47:08 »
Need to get one.

woody

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 13:01:22 »
Make a good keyboard or dye trying.

Oh, wait, that's Topre's motto.

Offline qtan5370

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 13:28:04 »
I think my is on the way. AU has really good price, but shipping is very hight from AU to other place.
Look for Keyboard? Check my offers. I have most major keyboard and some caps for you, if you don\'t see it there, ask me. I am Top rated seller on eBay now, and have retail store in China selling keyboard and other gaming staffs.

My eBay store http://stores.ebay.com/E-sports-Gaming-equipments?_rdc=1

My store(lower price than eBay): http://www.keyboardwow.com

Offline Kamikaze K

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 01 October 2011, 12:12:23 »
Just ordered one with Cherry Black switches. Looking forward to owning my very first Filco Keyboard!!!  Using the BWU at the moment and about to swap it for a Ducky Shine with Blue's (when it's finally available to buy that is) but just couldn't resist this one anymore after looking at the pic's...

Have visions of many a BF3 marathons with this 'board... *insert daydream lookaway* (-_-) mmmm....
FILCO Majestouch 2 Camouflage Tenkeyless [Black]
DUCKY DK9008 Shining [Blue]
CM STORM Quickfire Rapid [Red]
TOPRE REALFORCE 87U

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 01 October 2011, 13:09:13 »
Where did you order it from?

Offline Kamikaze K

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 01 October 2011, 17:50:19 »
Ordered it from here... No too sure they ship to the US though....

http://www.auspcmarket.com.au/info/KE-FKBN87ML-EMU2/1838/
TOPRE REALFORCE 87U

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 01 October 2011, 19:29:31 »
Quote from: litster;424671
Where did you order it from?

Soulfree914 was kind enough to order it for me and shipped together with my Leopold "Otaku" from Iomania.
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 October 2011, 19:46:13 by reaper »
Din Eli

Offline litster

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 01 October 2011, 19:38:26 »
Oh, good to know.  So both Soulfree914 and Kant1972 work with IOMania?  I ordered a 87U 10th year anniversary edition from IOMania though Kant1971.

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 02 October 2011, 00:18:06 »
Quote from: litster;424807
Oh, good to know.  So both Soulfree914 and Kant1972 work with IOMania?  I ordered a 87U 10th year anniversary edition from IOMania though Kant1971.

How much did the 10th anniversary cost? I want one, but I figured with shipping  it would be a killer
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline litster

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 02 October 2011, 00:25:15 »
$360US + $50US EMS shipping.  Shipping on October 6th I think.  Then after that I added a Leopold tenkeyless bag without additional shipping.

Offline calavera

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 02 October 2011, 01:25:56 »
So does the FN key only work as FN key or do you have the choice to switch it to windows key?

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 02 October 2011, 02:01:34 »
I think it's Fn only. Probably same as the Das with media keys.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 02 October 2011, 07:10:39 »
Yup, it only works as Fn key.  You still have the Windows key but it's on the right handside.
Din Eli

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 02 October 2011, 14:20:06 »
Quote from: litster;424887
$360US + $50US EMS shipping.  Shipping on October 6th I think.  Then after that I added a Leopold tenkeyless bag without additional shipping.

Wow, congrats on that its a cool keyboard for sure. I want but at $400+ I should probably make a student loan payment instead.
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline Kamikaze K

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 04 October 2011, 05:51:48 »
Well I picked up this keyboard today (my first ever Filco by the by)...  So far I'm liking the Cherry Black's.  It's a lot quieter than the blue's.  Coming from the Blue's there's definitely a pronouced difference in force needed to press the keys.  And so far I'm really enjoying the linear feel of the keys.  Too early to tell which switch I like better... At this stage I'm just liking the difference.  Ever since starting on mech 'boards, I've notice that I'm quite the heavy typer and find myself constantly bottoming out the keys.  So maybe the heavier switch will suit me better but like I said... too early to tell.  

The OP was right about the look of the 'board.   The camo design isn't too over bearing.  It's quite nice!  

One thing I'm a little annoyed about is that the 'board doesn't completely sit flat on my table.  I noticed this when I was first typing on it.  I've looked at the casing and it's all attached and joined as it should be with no flex.  I reckon it's the bottom left rubber feet that's ever so slightly shorter than the rest.  Having the leg extenders down seems to solve that so all good!  Really don't think it's cause for me to swap it for another...

So far for my first Filco, I'm quite pleased!
TOPRE REALFORCE 87U

Offline qtan5370

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 04 October 2011, 22:54:14 »
It arrived in my stock today.
Look for Keyboard? Check my offers. I have most major keyboard and some caps for you, if you don\'t see it there, ask me. I am Top rated seller on eBay now, and have retail store in China selling keyboard and other gaming staffs.

My eBay store http://stores.ebay.com/E-sports-Gaming-equipments?_rdc=1

My store(lower price than eBay): http://www.keyboardwow.com

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 03:55:55 »
And how  much you selling these for, qtan?

Offline Deverica Wolf

• My name is Hack, Geek Hack.
    • Head-Fi
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 05 October 2011, 10:08:46 »
Quote from: daerid;426270
And how  much you selling these for, qtan?

Yeah, how much?
UNICOMP.Spacesaver BS  |  FILCO Majestouch-2 TKL  |  FILCO Majestouch-2  [-_-]~ TKL  |  FILCO Majestouch-2 TKL
FILCO Majestouch-2 TKL  |  Deck Legend - ToXic  |  CHERRY Touchboard ITA

Offline captain

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 16 April 2012, 11:04:09 »
Quote from: calavera;424902
So does the FN key only work as FN key or do you have the choice to switch it to windows key?

It ONLY functions as Fn key, and is not even visible outside the keyboard (it doesn't send any key codes out the USB).  This is perhaps a deal killer, as I depend upon my left Option key a lot.  I hope we can find some way of reprogramming the stupid, worthless Fn key back to whatever it should be, so that I can remap it to Option in OSX.  Otherwise, it's a great keyboard.
Welcome to geekhack -- where we like to type -- but don't care so much about reading.

Offline harrison

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 16 April 2012, 13:26:35 »
dip your mouse to match!

[video=youtube_share;wj6W7NQWPQo]http://youtu.be/wj6W7NQWPQo[/video]
[work]ducky tiger dk-9008G2, cherry mx brown|logitech performance mx
[home]corsair k70 LUX RGB, cherry mx brown|logitech G700s

Offline territrades

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 19 May 2012, 05:11:42 »
My first mechanical keyboard finally arrived this week, and it is a Filco with blue switches.

Before buying the filco, I had some serious doubts considering the clicky character of the keys. I watched a whole bunch of videos, and the switches seemed the be really loud, I was afraid getting a headache after a couple of minutes. Fortunately, the Filco's clicky sound is very well balanced: It is loud enough you clearly hear it, but not more. Well, typing on this keyboard is like music to my ears, I like it very much. Only the spacebar makes a unpleasant sound,  like the one child in the choir singing the wrong note.  I see you fast one could be able to type with this keyboard, but i am not able the handle it yet.

Well, I am going to write some papers with LaTeX with this keyboard in the next weeks, after this I will be able to make a detailed review.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 19 May 2012, 09:10:11 »
Congrats and welcome to Geekhack.  Can't wait for that detailed review. =)
Din Eli