Author Topic: America Fu*k Yeah  (Read 231955 times)

Offline Muzzitto

• Because Googling it is too much effort..
Re: America Fu*k Yeah
« Reply #300 on: Tue, 28 May 2013, 12:26:41 »
'Murrica!
Trying to find an equilibrium between gaming and working is like trying to put a switch perfectly between on and off. It's impossible..

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #301 on: Tue, 28 May 2013, 12:29:14 »
I think she might have labial cancer or something... I hope Jesus helps her.

Offline morpheus

« Reply #302 on: Tue, 28 May 2013, 12:29:54 »
Sean Wrona F**** YEah!

Offline cytoSiN

• ATCG
« Reply #303 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 20:28:28 »
Lol.  True.

Model M 1391401 1989 || Ducky DK9008G2 Pro LE || XArmor U9BL-S LED || CM Storm QuickFire Rapid

Offline quickcrx702

• Ready to bomb with Vietnam tatted on my back
« Reply #304 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 18:07:20 »
I like how people talk **** all day about America, while living there. Go off and live in a country you feel is better off for you, and quit talking ****. Because right now, all you are is a hypocrite.

I talk **** all day about America, while living here, and while being proud that my country is the greatest on earth.  I talk crap because my country is full of fat lazy morons.  I want to tell people why they bring this great country down, and hopefully make an impact.  Think about it.  Whenever I go out, I see nothing but lardasses everywhere, and I live out west where people are supposed to be healthier.  I see people doing their college homework struggling to find the answer to x+3=5, and other similar skills that they should have learned in the 5th grade at the latest.  I cancelled my cable television almost a decade ago, because the only thing on is idiotic reality shows that other people here seem to love.  The fact that Jersey Shore, Real Housewives, etc., are so popular illustrates the level of stupidity needed to watch TV in this country.  Have you ever seen the movie idiocracy?  That is what has been happening in our country in real life.  Everywhere I look, I see stupidity, laziness, and fatness.  I hate when people tell me if I'm not happy in my country, I should leave.  My response when people tell me that?... F YOU, I don't need to leave my country to be happy, YOU need to leave to make me happy.  All of the worthless people that suck the life out of my country and live off of the innovators and producers need to leave.  You know, the people that shop at Wal-Mart, then turn around and complain that our jobs are going away - The people that haven't eaten a vegetable or read a non-fiction book that contains actual knowledge in years, wonder why their life sucks, why they're fat, and why they can't get a job that they don't hate and make crap wages that they barely survive on.  Maybe we can ship them out to Alaska or some other sparsely populated area, sort of like leper colonies, but for fat dumbasses that think a bucket of KFC is healthy because it's "low carb."

Even with all that said, America is still the greatest country in the world.  People in other countries know that, that's why they come here, and we end up stealing the best and brightest from the rest of the world.  In this country you can go as far as you want to go, the only thing holding you back is yourself.  Unfortunately, many people in this country hold themselves back, they do the absolute minimum to skate by in life.  Even though we have so many useless people in this country, the people who are useful are so great that they make up for everyone else.  That's why we thrive.  If you think about it, almost EVERY major innovation from at least the past 100 years was either invented or heavily influenced by Americans, who were either born here or came here from other countries for a better life.

America, fawk yeah...

You have to be joking?

I'm not.

Offline quickcrx702

« Reply #305 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 18:18:53 »
I agree with you on the flying part.  More than once I've been in the window seat, and some 400lb+ lard ass sits next to me with his fat spilling over the armrest and into my seat.

Hey I hear you bro

Unfortunately, since non-fat and non-fked up people are a minority in America, I think you need to go somewhere... maybe Surrender Monkey Land/ Old Europe.

Believe me, when I lived in America, I REALLY HATED FLYING. When you are a poor student who can't afford to fly first class, every flight you get the full benefit of American genes. After all, as that cartoon says, obesity is genetic!

I like how people talk **** all day about America, while living there. Go off and live in a country you feel is better off for you, and quit talking ****. Because right now, all you are is a hypocrite.

I talk **** all day about America, while living here, and while being proud that my country is the greatest on earth.  I talk crap because my country is full of fat lazy morons.  I want to tell people why they bring this great country down, and hopefully make an impact.  Think about it.  Whenever I go out, I see nothing but lardasses everywhere, and I live out west where people are supposed to be healthier.  I see people doing their college homework struggling to find the answer to x+3=5, and other similar skills that they should have learned in the 5th grade at the latest.  I cancelled my cable television almost a decade ago, because the only thing on is idiotic reality shows that other people here seem to love.  The fact that Jersey Shore, Real Housewives, etc., are so popular illustrates the level of stupidity needed to watch TV in this country.  Have you ever seen the movie idiocracy?  That is what has been happening in our country in real life.  Everywhere I look, I see stupidity, laziness, and fatness.  I hate when people tell me if I'm not happy in my country, I should leave.  My response when people tell me that?... F YOU, I don't need to leave my country to be happy, YOU need to leave to make me happy.  All of the worthless people that suck the life out of my country and live off of the innovators and producers need to leave.  You know, the people that shop at Wal-Mart, then turn around and complain that our jobs are going away - The people that haven't eaten a vegetable or read a non-fiction book that contains actual knowledge in years, wonder why their life sucks, why they're fat, and why they can't get a job that they don't hate and make crap wages that they barely survive on.  Maybe we can ship them out to Alaska or some other sparsely populated area, sort of like leper colonies, but for fat dumbasses that think a bucket of KFC is healthy because it's "low carb."

Even with all that said, America is still the greatest country in the world.  People in other countries know that, that's why they come here, and we end up stealing the best and brightest from the rest of the world.  In this country you can go as far as you want to go, the only thing holding you back is yourself.  Unfortunately, many people in this country hold themselves back, they do the absolute minimum to skate by in life.  Even though we have so many useless people in this country, the people who are useful are so great that they make up for everyone else.  That's why we thrive.  If you think about it, almost EVERY major innovation from at least the past 100 years was either invented or heavily influenced by Americans, who were either born here or came here from other countries for a better life.

America, fawk yeah...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #306 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 19:47:22 »
Part of the blame certainly falls on the airline industry. As a broad shouldered 6'3 man I can say without question that the seats and legroom has shrunk over the past 4-6 years.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #307 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 22:13:43 »
Let's keep this thread free of anger and contention plz.  I enjoy posting over-the-top caricatures of American culture as much as anyone, but I feel like some of you truly dislike us as a group, which is ignorant and uncool.

>Developing a new generation of spaceships
>Only country to have been to the Moon
>Only country with a private sector actively working in space
>Won WWII singlehandedly
>Never lost a war in its 237 year history
1.  Even though the last hundred or so manned flights were done in Russia, by the Soyuz?
2. Yep, forget about the Chinese and the Russians, who even though didn't send a manned mission there, sent over 20 rovers each!
3. Forgot about the Danish, did you?
4 That is the biggest ball of bull**** I have heard since I got here.  Do you have ANY IDEA how much the Axis bailed your ass?  Also, I wonder which is the only country in the world considered by the Yad Vashem Society to be a Righteous Among the Nations for their valiant efforts to rescue the oppressed?  Is it America?  Nope.  Denmark, baby.
5. Forgetting about the War of 1812 there, cowboy?

~A Canadian

That post was an obvious troll, chief.

Offline quickcrx702

« Reply #308 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 01:55:44 »
Part of the blame certainly falls on the airline industry. As a broad shouldered 6'3 man I can say without question that the seats and legroom has shrunk over the past 4-6 years.

Agreed, I'm 6'1" and already uncomfortable in airplane seats, so when you add in a morbidly obese person sitting next to me spilling into my seat it makes it that much worse.  Don't even get me started on handicap parking placards, I hate seeing obese people in their 30's parking in handicap spots which should be reserved for the elderly, injured war veterans, and other people who have legitimate mobility concerns.  Don't get me wrong, I don't hate obese people, but I don't like that it is becoming more acceptable in this country for them to inconvenience others due to the fact it is becoming more prevalent as time progresses.  I wish more obese people would take action to get down to a healthy weight, and I truly applaud people who are taking action by making better lifestyle choices.

Hashbaz, not sure if your comment was partly directed at me at all, but I don't hate my country.  I do however feel it is my patriotic duty to point out to people that what we as a country are doing is wrong for our future.  Not a lot of people will say something about it these days, as it has become politically incorrect to do so.  Think about it, every generation that goes by, Americans are getting fatter and dumber.  This is an uncomfortable fact, and it really needs to stop.  We keep lowering our test scores, dumbing down what we teach in schools, and don't take responsibility for ourselves or our kids.  I remember as a kid going outside to play, like most other kids did back in the 80s.  Now kids just sit around playing video games, watching TV, and eating crap.  I hardly ever see kids playing outside anymore.  I also remember being required to learn multiplication and division no later than 2nd or 3rd grade, which a lot of kids in middle school or even high school can't even do nowadays.  I point this stuff out to people in real life as well, and it saddens me how little many people care about themselves or their families.

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #309 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 19:32:41 »
Bump.

Offline cytoSiN

• ATCG
« Reply #310 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 20:43:15 »

Model M 1391401 1989 || Ducky DK9008G2 Pro LE || XArmor U9BL-S LED || CM Storm QuickFire Rapid

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #311 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 20:44:45 »
pretty sure that small escalator is in japan
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline cytoSiN

• ATCG
« Reply #312 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 20:47:58 »
Wouldn't surprise me.  But it's an American thing to do.  God forbid fat people walk down 6 steps in a public place.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #313 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 20:49:14 »
Honestly I love being American. The fact that we CAN spew loathing and hatred towards our country and government and NOT have of hands cut off is a big plus in my book (although you will probably get put on some list somewhere.) Sure I totally disagree and am sickened by things like the KKK and Westboro Baptist Church, but in an odd way I'm proud that they have the freedom to spread such poison and that you have the freedom to speak against them.

Offline cytoSiN

• ATCG
« Reply #314 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 20:57:51 »
Honestly I love being American. The fact that we CAN spew loathing and hatred towards our country and government and NOT have of hands cut off is a big plus in my book (although you will probably get put on some list somewhere.) Sure I totally disagree and am sickened by things like the KKK and Westboro Baptist Church, but in an odd way I'm proud that they have the freedom to spread such poison and that you have the freedom to speak against them.

Preach.

Also:

I kid!  I <3 Canada!

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #315 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 21:53:23 »
bwahaha, im cracking up on this thread so hard
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #316 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 21:56:17 »
(Attachment Link)

"When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him."

lol
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #317 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 07:09:00 »

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #318 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 12:44:31 »

Offline iri

« Reply #319 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 18:11:15 »
Honestly I love being American. The fact that we CAN spew loathing and hatred towards our country and government and NOT have of hands cut off is a big plus in my book
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #320 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 18:16:02 »

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #321 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 18:52:55 »
Let's keep this thread free of anger and contention plz.  I enjoy posting over-the-top caricatures of American culture as much as anyone, but I feel like some of you truly dislike us as a group, which is ignorant and uncool.

plenty of reasons to dislike americans as a group -- just because the group contains some dissenting individuals does not nullify the fact that we are part of a group of people who do terrible terrible things to other people to maintain our position.

murca. fk yeeee

11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline cytoSiN

• ATCG
« Reply #322 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 06:46:41 »

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #323 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 07:46:42 »
Out of my country, illegal human!

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #324 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 00:14:50 »
Happy 4th of July!

Offline quickcrx702

« Reply #325 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 00:55:45 »

Offline Trent

« Reply #326 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 01:12:22 »
Home of the double down

And some good old Lee Greenwood:
Quote from: Trent
I hate fun
IBM Model M | IBM Model M SSK | FK-2000 | FK-8000 | FK-9000 | Fujitsu Peerless | Zenith Data Systems (Yellow ALPS!) | AEK

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #327 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 15:20:31 »
Home of the double down
Show Image

Those things look so good, but every time I've had one, it tasted like a piece of plastic. But hey, I'm spoiled. Raw milk, bread from a local baker, de facto organic meat,...

Offline llovro

« Reply #328 on: Sat, 06 July 2013, 06:43:12 »

:D

Offline cytoSiN

• ATCG
« Reply #329 on: Sun, 07 July 2013, 20:17:06 »

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #330 on: Sun, 07 July 2013, 21:00:56 »
Show Image

That would have hit the mark if that had been a goose, but that is a swan.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #331 on: Sun, 07 July 2013, 23:56:41 »

Actually nothing could more perfectly embody this meme than getting the bird wrong.  I'd say it adds another layer of ironic hilarity.

TIL Canada has no official national bird.

Offline iri

« Reply #332 on: Mon, 08 July 2013, 04:57:47 »

Actually nothing could more perfectly embody this meme than getting the bird wrong
+1
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline yester64

« Reply #333 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 21:46:55 »
So many negative connotations. Part of being American is the ability to complain incessantly I suppose. Also huge tits, microbrews, giant gas hungry powerhouse engines, and all our contributions to free media. We also produce some kick ass video games. Started the indy developer movement. We are however lacking in healthcare and higher education support. Just had to play devils advocate, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else (mostly because of the gaming industry opportunities at my doorstep.)

I don't think you get it. When someone says they are "proud to be an American", they are insinuating that America is better than other countries. This is snobbery and arrogance, and is what people have problems with (and hence, the mockery and sarcasm). America has accomplished a lot (I was born a raised here in Los Angeles), no doubt about that. But to imply that Americans are inherently "better" than others, or that the country "America" is better than others, because of that, is a bit silly, and unfair.

but they are...

my mom and dad didn't emigrate to horrible italy(one of the axis powers of evil btw) nor did they goto "I give up" france, even tho they were HK citizens and can goto the rainy island that has nothing good besides fish n' chips or could have gone to any of the associated provinces (or whatever they are) like convict land australia or the country that is almost as good as america but not quite,

plus like we've seen in this thread, only good old glory looks good as a swimsuit, the japanese flag on a woman just looks like a stained bedsheet.

'merica!
The rainy island is right, but we have more than fish and chips.
But why did they not choose Canada? !?

Since the US thinks of itself most of the time of being supreme someone should tell'm that pride is one of the seven sins punished with hell.
There is of course a lot to like and to cherish but i think its reaching sometimes a level that i can't comprehend. Well, must be because i am alien.

I really wish that i went to great Britannia. Never made it though.
Rosewill RK-9000BR (trashed)
WASD V1 Keyboard Cherry Blue w/40A Hardness O-Rings
Steelseries 6GV2 Red Cherry Switches

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #334 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 17:08:43 »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #335 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 17:13:43 »
Show Image

HOLAY.. Where do I purchase this beast?

Offline Trent

« Reply #336 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 17:27:23 »
Wait is that a real thing?  Please tell me it isn't...
I hate fun
IBM Model M | IBM Model M SSK | FK-2000 | FK-8000 | FK-9000 | Fujitsu Peerless | Zenith Data Systems (Yellow ALPS!) | AEK

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #337 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 17:41:35 »
Wait is that a real thing?  Please tell me it isn't...

This is 'murica.....

Offline Topre

« Reply #338 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 17:46:06 »
LOL. Too bad that's a pretty bad photoshop. Look at the shadows.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #339 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 17:54:24 »
That one may be fake, but this one isn't:

and there are other similar chairs (and another) at Brylane.  Ironically, they have a fitness tab under "plus sized living". Sadly, most of it is scales for super huge people.

Offline Trent

« Reply #340 on: Fri, 12 July 2013, 17:58:59 »
I hate fun

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #341 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 01:34:21 »
Show Image

With a second back rest you could use that as a pair programming chair.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline llovro

« Reply #342 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 03:43:28 »

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #343 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 12:51:47 »
HOORAY TO AMERICA  :p :p :p

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN IS FREE!

Ah, what a paradise for gun lovers who like to stalk people in the night. You can shoot unarmed people and still call it self defense!

Hip Hip hooray! George Zimmerman, Hero of the NRA

(is the neighborhood watch association planning to greet Zimmerman with a 21 assault rifle salute for defending the neighborhood against punks who don't belong there?)
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #344 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 07:09:58 »

Ah, what a paradise for gun lovers who like to stalk people in the night. You can shoot unarmed people and still call it self defense!

(is the neighborhood watch association planning to greet Zimmerman with a 21 assault rifle salute for defending the neighborhood against punks who don't belong there?)

George Zimmerman is free, and the slow, deliberate judicial system worked -- unswayed by emotion, or the wild caperings of racial arsonists like Al Sharpton. It's a good day. It's sad that a human life was lost, but lynching a man who clearly defended himself from a thug is not justice. This sort of thing won't end until the black community admits that its young male members have a problem with glorifying thuggish dress and behavior. Zimmerman, though free, will have to live with the knowledge that he ended a human life.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline cytoSiN

• ATCG
« Reply #345 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 08:44:01 »
John Madden's Zimmerman-verdict tweet:  "George Zimmerman no jail time.  Plaxico Burress served 2 years for shooting himself.  America!"

I lol'ed.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #346 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 11:24:34 »
John Madden's Zimmerman-verdict tweet:  "George Zimmerman no jail time.  Plaxico Burress served 2 years for shooting himself.  America!"

I lol'ed.

Well, Plax shot himself using an illegal firearm, and this is New York. I recall the Texan visiting NYC who voluntarily offered to surrender his firearm to security, and being arrested. Most states respect the concealed firearm licenses of other states -- but not New York, of course. Hence, the arrest of a man who is clearly trying to do the right thing. That's NY for you.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #347 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 12:20:30 »
Personally, I'm not on the side of either of them, since I wasn't there. But there was a reason the authorities didn't originally want to take the case to court--the available evidence. When a prosecution is pursued for purely political reasons, you shouldn't be surprised when a conviction can't be secured.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #348 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 16:45:56 »

George Zimmerman is free, and the slow, deliberate judicial system worked -- unswayed by emotion, or the wild caperings of racial arsonists like Al Sharpton. It's a good day. It's sad that a human life was lost, but lynching a man who clearly defended himself from a thug is not justice. This sort of thing won't end until the black community admits that its young male members have a problem with glorifying thuggish dress and behavior. Zimmerman, though free, will have to live with the knowledge that he ended a human life.

you are one of the most openly racist members on geekhack at this moment. no congratulations, you should be ashamed of yourself and your heinous, disgusting opinion.
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 July 2013, 16:47:53 by sth »
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #349 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 21:02:21 »

you are one of the most openly racist members on geekhack at this moment. no congratulations, you should be ashamed of yourself and your heinous, disgusting opinion.

It was Trayvon Martin who injected race into the situation when he called Zimmerman a 'creepy ass cracker' -- while the prosecutors utterly failed to find any evidence that Zimmerman was motivated by racial hatred. What's it like, sth, to live in a world where facts are irrelevant? Is it sunny in your world? Race shouldn't matter, only the content of your character. A recent survey found that most people considered blacks to be more racist than just about any other group.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/lifestyle/general_lifestyle/july_2013/more_americans_view_blacks_as_racist_than_whites_hispanics

Am I racist for pointing this out, sth? Your problem, sth, is that I'm not afraid (at all) to talk about these issues -- and people like you prefer people to witness this utter nonsense and remain silent.
I just can't do it. But you haven't met my arguments with facts of your own, just insults. Is that all you're capable of doing? My prediction: you'll do what you did last time, and claim that you can't convince me, that you're too tired to step into the ring, etc.

I've heard it all before, and from people a lot more eloquent than you. You dared to call me a racist. Ok. Now prove your claim, if you've got the stones. (You don't.)
In all likelihood, Martin was the racist.
More