Author Topic: Name Change  (Read 2602 times)

Offline lowpoly

Name Change
« on: Fri, 19 September 2008, 03:08:03 »
old: sofa king
new: lowpoly

When I first registered here I didn't expect to stay around. So I just chose the first stupid name that came to my mind.

I'm still here so I thought I'd change my name to something that made a little bit more sense, at least for me (I used to do some 3D in the past).

Thank you iMav for doing the name change.

Miniguru thread at GH // The Apple M0110 Today

Offline graywolf

• http://www.graywolfphoto.com/
Name Change
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 19 September 2008, 11:42:05 »
I liked the old one. However, I do understand (And how!) that usernames can be a bit of a hassle.

Offline itlnstln

Name Change
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 19 September 2008, 11:44:10 »
I am sofa king wee todded!

(funniest joke EVAH!!!)

Offline D-EJ915

Name Change
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 19 September 2008, 11:45:24 »
That's what I did with this username as well, lol, but that was quite a long time ago and it stuck.

Offline lowpoly

Name Change
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 19 September 2008, 14:28:19 »
Like any joke, it gets old after a while.

Also, when my keyboard addiction started I was a bit embarrassed about it :(. Not any more. And like many other things I expected this to be an area that I discover, inhale and after a while loose interest in. However, that didn't happen so it was time for a change.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
Name Change
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 19 September 2008, 23:51:51 »
I've often wondered what would take the place of my keyboard addiction, but there really isn't an end in sight. I like this Topre so much I'm thinking about buying a 101 to leave at work, but then again it would be more 1337 of me to either get another on of these or a Filco 87 key with black Cherrys ... So you see, it goes on and on.

But I'm still in love with this keyboard. It's funny, I sold my HHKB Pro 2 and there's only two things I miss about it: 1) The switches. The Topre switches feel so good and they are satisfying to type on even if you only like clicky switches. And 2) The HHKB Pro 2 was the best keyboard I've ever had for putting on top of my MacBook keyboard. It fit tight over the internal keyboard and it wouldn't move. The Cherry ML4100 fits but it's not elegant and it's certainly not expensive or rare, and the SMK85 fit but it doubled the weight of the laptop!

Offline lowpoly

Name Change
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 22 September 2008, 06:49:47 »
I've often wondered what would take the place of my keyboard addiction, but there really isn't an end in sight.

In my case, I guess what makes this keyboard thing different is that I can follow my equipment fetishism without having to develop special skills to use it.

Like if I have a very nice guitar but can't play that well, it doesn't fit.

Writing a simple email (or a stupid forum post) is totally fine to appreciate my HHKB. Might be different if you are a writer.