Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1215 times)

Offline ckofy

Hello!
« on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 21:45:42 »
I stuck around Geekhack for about a year now and finally decided to register.
My interest to mechanical keyboards started from my decision to learn touch-typing (after years and years of hunt-and-peck).
I started to learn touch-typing in Colemak around the April of the last year, and bought my first mechanical keyboard (KUL ES-87 with Cherry Clear) in May. Will never come back to rubber dome again :). Now I have two KUL, one with Clear and one with Black, Ergodox Infinity with Clear and Planck with Brown.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 05:06:44 »
Welcome! That must be a record number of keyboards for someone just joining! I suppose you have been lurking a while though. Personally I really love blacks, what is your favorite switch of the ones you've tried? and did you build to dox and the planck?
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline ckofy

Re: Hello!
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 10:06:59 »
I like heavy switches more than light ones, that is why my initial choice was Clears, but as I'm getting more experience in touch-typing, I really started to like my KUL with Blacks more then the one with Clears. And yes, I've built the Ergodox and Planck myself. The Ergodox Infinity is from the last completed drop at Massdrop, I've waited for it for 5 month.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 January 2017, 10:12:02 by ckofy »