Author Topic: Direction of Switch ?  (Read 1131 times)

Offline DirtyKey

Direction of Switch ?
« on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 12:28:45 »
Hello guys. I'm just a newbie for this hobby  ;D. I have 1 question.

Why cheap keyboards often make a circuit with a reverse switch?

Cause I think I'm have Atelophobia so can you guys suggest me 1 keyboard with right way :D

Thank you all ;D

Offline DrGravy3

Re: Direction of Switch ?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 13:13:48 »
By this do you mean the text on the switches appear upside-down?
If so then that is called north facing switch configuration, and this is usually found on cheap keyboards because it makes RGB shinethrough better because the LEDs are closer to the shinethrough legends in north facing than they are in south facing.
Unless you really care about shinethrough then South facing is better because north facing switches have interference problems on the asdf row, this produces a sort of 'ticking' sound (however this is only for cherry profile so other keycap profiles wont experience this)

As for a budget south facing option, there arent that many cheap ones that support south facing switches. If you have the money then the KBD67 lite is a good budget option (thats considered budget in the community despite being 100$+)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 17:09:14 »
One of your hands is slightly bigger than the other.

Left right fingers arn't semetrically lengthed either.

One of your arms is longer.  Each finger has a slight rotation to either side, some are straighter than others.

Your face is also different between left and right.

Your ears are at slightly different heights, one of your nose holes is larger,  your eyes are not exactly the same shape. Your eyebrows.. i could go on.

Offline DirtyKey

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 21:50:42 »
By this do you mean the text on the switches appear upside-down?
If so then that is called north facing switch configuration, and this is usually found on cheap keyboards because it makes RGB shinethrough better because the LEDs are closer to the shinethrough legends in north facing than they are in south facing.
Unless you really care about shinethrough then South facing is better because north facing switches have interference problems on the asdf row, this produces a sort of 'ticking' sound (however this is only for cherry profile so other keycap profiles wont experience this)

As for a budget south facing option, there arent that many cheap ones that support south facing switches. If you have the money then the KBD67 lite is a good budget option (thats considered budget in the community despite being 100$+)

Thank you for your information  ;D. I'll try it.

Offline DirtyKey

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 21:53:36 »
One of your hands is slightly bigger than the other.

Left right fingers arn't semetrically lengthed either.

One of your arms is longer.  Each finger has a slight rotation to either side, some are straighter than others.

Your face is also different between left and right.

Your ears are at slightly different heights, one of your nose holes is larger,  your eyes are not exactly the same shape. Your eyebrows.. i could go on.

Ouch  :confused:. I think I need to find doctor soon  :confused:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 10:52:47 »
Ouch  :confused:. I think I need to find doctor soon  :confused:

Korea, the capitol of cosmetic surgery.